Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84555 01/26/12 07:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
evil

I love throwing curveballs at people. Comments here, please.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
splat Stupid phone!!!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
<strong> thumbsup

I'm glad you didn't have Lois fall for Clark's sheepish look right away.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lois’ eyes glistened with tears. “And you’re not... what about your... Utopia?”
Utopia? Oh, Clark, really? You thought there would be... could be a Utopia WITHOUT Lois and the kids? Without someone there to love you and support you and hold you when things didn't work out right? Really? <<hands Lois a green studded 2x4>>

Lois recognized the look that had entered into his eyes, the heat that made his dark chocolate gaze go molten and melted her heart in return.
Duh! That's why she loves him! His eyes remind her of chocolate. laugh

So now what? Superman has been outted for being human (so to speak). How will ever recover his previous image? Should he? Me thinks he still needs to wipe said doo-doo off his shoes before stepping into the bedroom with Lois. But that's me. 2x4 wielding revenge addict. He has more groveling he needs to do before his slightly damaged wife alter to prove to her that this isn't just a blip in his plans to create Utopia.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois found herself speaking aloud before she even realized it. “Did you mean it?”
Why do I have the feeling that her famous Lane mouth is going to start trouble with this?

“I mean, seriously Clark. Why now? Not to be mean about it or anything, but... this isn’t just something you’re doing because it was your father’s dying wish or something, right?”
Salt, meet wound.

“His passing... it just knocked a bit of reality into me.”
frown

Lois’ eyes glistened with tears. “And you’re not... what about your... Utopia?”
Ah, so that's the political motivation?

“If that’s going to ever happen, then it’s not gonna happen without you in my life. Or the kids. I,”
Darn straight, Clark!

Lois recognized the look that had entered into his eyes, the heat that made his dark chocolate gaze go molten and melted her heart in return. They were so close to each other now. Clark released one of her hands and brought his up to cup her cheek gently– a gesture accomplished a million times over in their years of being together, but to Lois it felt like a lifetime since he’d last done it. She felt her heart flutter in anticipation. He seemed to examine her face carefully, lovingly– as though looking for any trace of doubt or apprehension in her expression– before slowly inching forward. His lips were so close to hers now, tantalizing and full. He closed his eyes gently, as he went in for the final stretch.
OMG! I just adore the wording in this paragraph.

He steadily began to work on unbuttoning her blouse, not removing his mouth from hers.
Enter Jimmy Interruptus? wink

Suddenly, her cell phone rang, making them pause for a brief moment.
As every married woman knows - do NOT answer your phone when things are getting hot and heavy!

“Clark!” she shouted and scrambled out from under him to grab her phone before it went to voice mail.
LOIS!! clap Love this chapter!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did I ever mention how much Ellen Lane gets on my last nerve??? grumble

How are you going to close this out?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow! Lots of comments already!

Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Stupid phone!!!
I know exactly what you mean. My phone is just as frustrating sometimes when on sites like this.

Originally posted by Virginia:
You had some good WAFF going on there.
Thank you. wink
Duh! That's why she loves him! His eyes remind her of chocolate.
evil So many questions. So many answers that I cannot seem to provide you with...

Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Ah, so that's the political motivation?
evil

Originally posted by Morgana:
How are you going to close this out?
We shall see... evil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard