Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84451 01/15/12 07:35 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Part three is up and Clark continues to get smacked around! It's short, but oh well. Enjoy and comment!
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sam is SOOOOOOOOO right! clap Smack away, Sam!

So, I'm going to state the obvious here. Sam and Ellen know. Or did Lois or the kids tell them recently.

Has Clark been so out of it lately that he doesn't remember that he's Clark Kent anymore? Or is it that "Mr. Kent" is his father and that's why he was so stunned.

I'm going to have to agree with Sam. You can't father at your convenience. Either you're there for your children or you're not.

Clark deserves to be smacked. (Did I say that already?) Hasn't come to visit the kids since their grandfather died! clap Good part! Wish it was longer.

Glad you see you didn't lose your story completely. I'm sorry to hear about your computer.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Marriage is so complicated, man! what ever happened to free love? lol

Despite Clark's current sitch. I'm digging this story. Sam reminds me of my dad. He waits for the boy to say something stupid and then he speaks. That way he doesn't have to be nice to him. It' genius really.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He nervously ran a hand through his slightly greasy hair, then adjusted his glasses.
Someone's not taking good care of himself. You don't often picture Clark as being greasy.

The door swung open suddenly, and Clark found himself face to face with his stone faced father-in-law.
Whoops!

“Mr. Lane,” Clark nodded to the man.

Sam Lane seemed to take his entire bedraggled appearance in with an expression of irritation and mild surprise. “Mr. Kent.”
Oooooh! Not good.

“Why don’t you step inside for just a minute, Clark?”
Uh-oh!

“That being said, stopping by to see your children once every couple of days is inexcusable.”
*nods* You tell him, Sam!

“Granted, but that’s not the point. Look, Clark, you may think me a hypocrite, but I know what... what this is like. You think it won’t affect the kids just because you’re around them every now and then, or because it’s not their problem... but the why doesn’t matter to children. To them, they just see their parents aren’t together anymore.”
Sam Lane = full of win.

Clark set his jaw. “Yes, well my situation’s a bit different than yours, now isn’t it? I never cheated on my wife.” Anger flashed through Sam Lane’s eyes, and Clark strived to eat his words. “Mr. Lane, I’m sorry. It’s just... I didn’t mean that. I’ve just been... acting out lately, I guess. Saying stupid things–”
Ouch! Can I smack Clark?

“However, it doesn’t change anything. And it doesn’t discount anything I’ve said as being true. Just because you haven’t physically cheated on my daughter doesn’t mean you haven’t cheated her on time. You... trying to leave her for Superman– it’s not any more right than what I did. And at the end of the day, I’m the one sitting here with my wife and daughter and grandchildren– and you,” he appeared to survey Clark a moment. “Well, you go and do what you do best, Superman.”
jawdrop

Sam thought about what his son-in-law had just said and gave a slight smile. He shook his head. If that boy took away anything from this conversation, he hoped it wouldn’t be a blistering hate of his father-in-law. But somebody had to smack some sense into that boy. Hopefully it would work out for the best.
I'm SOOOOO loving Sam right now! And he's so right. Hopefully what he said will strike the right chords and get Clark ou of his funk and back to normal so he can make nice with Lois again.

Awaiting the next installment with baited breath.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Sam is SOOOOOOOOO right! clap Smack away, Sam!

So, I'm going to state the obvious here. Sam and Ellen know. Or did Lois or the kids tell them recently.

Has Clark been so out of it lately that he doesn't remember that he's Clark Kent anymore? Or is it that "Mr. Kent" is his father and that's why he was so stunned.

I'm going to have to agree with Sam. You can't father at your convenience. Either you're there for your children or you're not.

Clark deserves to be smacked. (Did I say that already?) Hasn't come to visit the kids since their grandfather died! clap Good part! Wish it was longer.

Glad you see you didn't lose your story completely. I'm sorry to hear about your computer.
Thanks, Virginia! Yes, Sam and Ellen know. I figured thirteen years of marriage, and babysitting superkids... they'd figure it out at some point. The "Mr. Kent" stuns him because it reminds him of his father. And what is wrong with Clark? Hmmm... let's say mid-life crisis. laugh

Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Despite Clark's current sitch. I'm digging this story. Sam reminds me of my dad. He waits for the boy to say something stupid and then he speaks. That way he doesn't have to be nice to him. It' genius really.
Thanks! Yeah, I think it's probably a smart tactic for fathers to use.

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The "Mr. Kent" stuns him because it reminds him of his father.
Ah, I was also in the camp of "He's been Superman so much lately that "Mr. Kent" stuns him into remembering that he really does have two personas to attend to."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Someone's not taking good care of himself. You don't often picture Clark as being greasy.
He's having a rough go of it since his dad died two days ago. But between the elbow grease of Superman's typical hairstyle, and the fact that I'm sure he hasn't had time to shower in couple of days...
Sam Lane = full of win.
laugh Yes.
“However, it doesn’t change anything. And it doesn’t discount anything I’ve said as being true. Just because you haven’t physically cheated on my daughter doesn’t mean you haven’t cheated her on time. You... trying to leave her for Superman– it’s not any more right than what I did. And at the end of the day, I’m the one sitting here with my wife and daughter and grandchildren– and you,” he appeared to survey Clark a moment. “Well, you go and do what you do best, Superman.”

jawdrop
devil Clark should have learned his lesson. Don't piss off a Lane.
I'm SOOOOO loving Sam right now! And he's so right. Hopefully what he said will strike the right chords and get Clark ou of his funk and back to normal so he can make nice with Lois again.

Awaiting the next installment with baited breath.
Thanks! I'm glad you thought Sam was right on in this chapter. And don't you worry about Clark. I didn't want to use this in the *official* version for a reason. wink Don't know when next one will be up, but I've got a week off for the end of the semester (woo-hoo!) so hopefully I'll get another one up this next week.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
The "Mr. Kent" stuns him because it reminds him of his father.
Ah, I was also in the camp of "He's been Superman so much lately that "Mr. Kent" stuns him into remembering that he really does have two personas to attend to."
If it had been before his father's death, then I would definitely give you a yes on that front. But since Jonathan just died two days ago, I think he's been reminded that to a certain extent he is still Clark Kent. Or at least with his mother he is. huh

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark deserves every word Sam spoke... now let's see if he really listens!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Morgana:
Clark deserves every word Sam spoke... now let's see if he really listens!
laugh You'll see soon.

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard