Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84378 01/09/12 04:36 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
More comments please! I'm not sure, but I'm thinking of about (or at least) three more parts? Since it's only sort of an excerpt...

wave

Side note: I wrote this piece while listening to Young the Giant's song "Cough Syrup". Just thought I should include that, too, since I now can't get it out of my head. You should give it a listen. smile Cough Syrup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! More! I love you already, even though I am sure you are going to make me cry.

She was met with Martha’s watery gaze, Clark’s motionless form, and one very empty hospital bed. Lois bit her bottom lip.
frown

For all her years and experience as a reporter, Lois could find no words she could say– none she could even think of– to comfort her at this point.
So rare to see a speechless Lois. Makes it even more heartbreaking.

She slipped out of the room noiselessly, leaving Lois to face what was left of her husband.
whinging

<heart breaks>

Do you want to know what I was doing? I was preparing for that stupid speech. Relaxing before the big day.
<wonders just what the heck Clark's speech was supposed to be about anyway>

And all that time, I couldn’t figure out that my own father was dying!
Ouch! Poor Clark. Always beating himself over things that aren't his fault.

“You can’t beat yourself up over this. It’s not your fault.”
Something tells me this isn't going to help things.

“Even if you had been right by his side when it had happened, there’s nothing you could have done. It wouldn’t have made a difference.”
Um, not exactly going to make him feel any better, Lois. You know Clark better than that.

He looked disgusted by her.
<wince>

“No, no. You’re right. I couldn’t have saved him. It was a heart attack. And besides, it’s not like I’m Superman or anything, right? I couldn’t have, I don’t know, flown him out to a hospital really quick and tried to save him.”
<double wince>

He whirled on her and started raising his voice. “And it’s not like I couldn’t have spent another moment with him, or apologized to him for acting like such an ass, or told him I loved him one more time. Because, knowing me, stupid Clark Kent, my being there wouldn’t make anything better. In fact, more likely, I would just make everything worse.”
Just what the heck IS going on in their family???

“Hell, my being there probably would have just killed him sooner, huh Lois?”
I seriously want to slap some sense into Clark right now, his grief aside.

Lois went red with outrage and before she knew what she was doing, she slapped him hard across the face.
clap Lois did it for me!!!!

And here I was, ready to invite you back home even!
She threw him out? Or did he leave on his own but she hasn't wanted him to come back?

Clark’s hand reached out and rested gently on her forearm. “Lois, wait. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of that–”
Hmmmm....

His dark brown eyes pleaded with her to stay, to give him another chance. But Lois wasn’t in the mood to hear it right now. She shook her head.
mecry

Clark sank back into his chair in shock, feeling more empty and alone than ever in his life.
shock MUST have more NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Deadly Chakram: Thanks! Glad you're still with me enjoying!
<wonders just what the heck Clark's speech was supposed to be about anyway>
evil
Just what the heck IS going on in their family???
laugh Silly. That's in the NEXT chapter or two.
She threw him out? Or did he leave on his own but she hasn't wanted him to come back?
The latter. Clark's been wandering about, mostly as Superman and whatnot. Make no mistake that Clark is to blame.
shock MUST have more NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patience. Soon. I'm sort of on a roll here, so we shall see when the next one gets up. If not by Wednesday, then Friday definitely.

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Patience. Soon. I'm sort of on a roll here, so we shall see when the next one gets up. If not by Wednesday, then Friday definitely.
I'm holding you to that promise. Deliver the goods or suffer my wrath! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a part! Well, I proves Clark *is* human after all!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree that Lois's words weren't exactly well chosen (knowing her husband). We all knew what she meant, probably Clark did as well, but nobody likes company more than misery.

Double ouch! That Clark hasn't seen his wife OR kids in weeks. shock That's not good. Clark! Lois needs to slap you again! He's being selfish at this time (and it seems previously as well), if he thinks he's the only one hurting. There are others who understand this less than he does.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Artemis:
What a part! Well, I proves Clark *is* human after all!
cool
Artemis
And just as stupid as the rest of us! wink

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I agree that Lois's words weren't exactly well chosen (knowing her husband). We all knew what she meant, probably Clark did as well, but nobody likes company more than misery.

Double ouch! That Clark hasn't seen his wife OR kids in weeks. shock That's not good. Clark! Lois needs to slap you again! He's being selfish at this time (and it seems previously as well), if he thinks he's the only one hurting. There are others who understand this less than he does.
Yes, Lois chose the wrong words, but what was she supposed to say? She's already awkward enough around him...

And wait: yes, Clark needs slapped again. No, it hasn't been two weeks since he's seen his kids. He just hasn't spent much time with them. He hasn't really talked to Lois in two weeks (in fact, it's more like he's avoided her). But you're right that he hasn't spent much time with his family.

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark's actions (not seeing his kids, not talking with Lois) seem very out of character. Will the upcoming chapters give light into this mystery? I await with bated breath.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am with Iolanthealias. What the heck is going on with Clark? This is so completely out of character for him.

I am on the edge of my seat. sad

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry guys. I've managed to kill yet *another* computer (home computer) and have broken the power cord to my laptop and lost my password... (terrible luck with computers lately)

... So I don't know how much longer it will be for the next post. Hopefully sooner rather than later. And I swear to you, if you knew the whole story, Clark's actions would make more sense. In fact, I was planning on posting that along with this story, but then... yeah... computers. Dead. huh

We shall see...

--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh la la! Kids AND a dead father?! I'm getting into this Mouse, bring on the goods!

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard