Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois!!!!! eek

And hey - see how nice I am! I could have ended it right after the WHAM!
:rolleyes:

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, this is a fine turn-about! laugh Poor Clark, feeling so humiliated, but good for Lois, deciding again to fight for her man! The poor boy's not gonna have any idea what she's doing! goofy

It's a darned shame they missed the good-night kiss, though. You'll have to promise me that they get another chance pretty soon wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No kiss - that was very evil

Somehow, in personal life Lois is very modest when she doesn't recognize who Clark's ideal woman is.

However, it was good that Lois doesn't give up:

Not that it was going to mean a complete change in behaviour. Of course not. Even if there was that much about her which she needed to change, why on earth would she want a man who couldn’t love her as she was?
How right, Lois!

Is Clark going to confront Martha?

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
Even if she has every reason to think Clark was talking about his potential girlfriend. Still!!

No, she didn’t want to spend the rest of the evening listening to Clark gushing about this woman who had stolen his heart - this perfect icon of womanhood who, Lois was already sure, was nothing like as perfect as Clark seemed to be picturing her. He’d probably put her on a pedestal, refusing to notice her faults. No doubt he thought she had none. Which was absolute nonsense - no-one had no faults at all!
Fascinating how their situations are reversed here. Those thoughts could have been Lois's about Superman!

Not even Superman, she acknowledged. Not that she’d seen much in the way of faults from him, but... well, he must have them.
Aha!! You're coming around, Lois!

But she’d lost. In just a few sentences, he’d proved to her that he was so deeply in love with this other woman that it would take a miracle for him to change his mind.
And isn't it just in character for Clark, Lois? When he gives his heart, he gives it totally and unconditionally. Which makes it even more painful to accept that he didn't give it to you. If you only knew... wink

It makes so much sense that she's falling for him now, or rather, admitting her strong feelings for him, because he becomes unattainable, just like Superman was to her. And if he's unattainable, he's safe. It might hurt to love him without being loved in return, but it probably hurts even more to be in a relationship with him and risk him hurting her a lot more through that relationship. It's a great way for her to come to terms with her real feelings for him, and once she realises that Clark loves *her* and her alone, then she won't be able to run backwards. smile

She planned to make a return visit, clearly.
A return visit with him, right? Not with Lex! razz

No; he could wait until he got her home. And, with luck, if things went well he might not have to say anything at all. A kiss would say everything.
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotflol Can't wait to see that!

More!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
He probably hadn’t meant a kiss kiss - he’d obviously been aiming for her cheek!
*knocking-myself-out-while-banging-my-head-against-the-wall*

Boy, SOMEBODY's slow on the uptake!!!!! :rolleyes:

Lois Lane was going to get her man. And no-one was going to stop her!
Aaahhh, now I'm feeling a lot better. laugh
Can't wait to read how she is going to get her man. But I'm pretty sure she is going to succeed.

Julia

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Very nice WHAM. laugh Oh, and the rest of the post was good too.

This section, however, threw me a little off.

That had to be it. After all, her change in attitude towards him had really made no sense whatsoever. Now, it all made perfect sense. She wasn’t suddenly seeing him as a potential boyfriend; instead, she was playing Henry Higgins to his Eliza Dolittle, but - unlike the film version - with no intention of claiming Eliza for herself.
Unlike the film version? This is exactly what happened in the film version. If I didn't remember wrongly, Henry Higgins never intended to claim Eliza for himself right from the start. His offer to teach Eliza came about because of a challenge

I think that the analogies between Henry/Lois, and Clark/Eliza, are spot on. Henry Higgins only realised his love for Eliza after Eliza left him, just as Lois only realises that she likes Clark after his departure.

Or did I misintepret something?

Eagerly awaiting Part 9. I don't suppose you can be persuaded to post Part 10 as well huh? No? I didn't think so. smile

twins
metwin1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I was a little confused when I read the first few paragraphs, I thought Lois figured out that he loved HER. But then I caught on that Lois did NOT catch on. I can't believe she blurted that out. Poor Clark, he must feel like a total jerk. His Mommy tried to get Lois to notice him by sprucing him up. Holy Cow I would absolutly KIll my mother if she ever pulled a stunt like that. I am curious as to what he will say to Martha. And then poor Lois thinks he loves someone else and totally blows a great night by reacting the way she did. He totally misread her and I don't blame him. She totally misread him. What a tangled mess! I am looking forward to more very very soon<g>. Oh and Wendy, as usual, I just am loving this<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwww Wendy, thanks so much for dedicating this story to me, Saskia and El. I really loved it since you know I'm one of your fans wink It meant a lot to me so thanks.

I'm glad you weren't so evil this time and actually posted a little more than the WHAM wink But I really wanted to hit Lois's head on the wall. How couldn't she see that the woman Clark is in love with is her?

Poor Clark...he was hoping for a perfect end of the evening and he got just embarrassed and hurt frown

Well but I really liked the end...Lois will fight for him...not that she really has a rival wink

Well done, Wendy! I'm looking forward to part 9.

Raquel (who is very happy that Wendy included her in the dedication smile )

P.S. Since it's already friday here...HAPPY BIRTHDAY EL!!!!! May all your wishes come true smile

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see, a burgeoning possible relationship suddenly quashed by dual misunderstandings. A potential romance displaced by two people who totally misread a situationa and then run away so there is no chance to correct the situation by actually talking to each other.

Yep, this is a Wendy fic.

Interesting situation. Lois is the one who basically pushed Clark away, but now has decided that she is going to fight for him? I look forward to her going over the traits of Clark's ideal women in her mind as she tries to locate this mystery woman. How is she going to fool herself into not realizing that she has all those thraits?

Tank (who says that Clark really has to 'have words' with his mother but can't because that would only clear things up in his mind and not allow for much much more angst of misunderstanding)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy So now that I've read the 8 parts in one go, she's started off by just being merely attracted to Clark, as would any breathing female, plus men too if we include the salesman from Nordstroms. laugh Now she hates the fact that he's in love with someone else, only she rejects him when he tries to kiss her. Naturally, she has to fight for him now. I wonder sometimes how she makes it through the day listening to herself. Then again, I wonder how I accomplish the same feat with my own head...nevermind. Looking forward to more soon!

Jen
Hopefully Club Smoochie will get completed sometime. jump

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's curious that Lois thinks that Clark's ideal woman is

this perfect icon of womanhood
when Clark actually describes a very unusual woman, using not adjectives like "lovely" or "sweet" but "ambitious" and "passionate". All in all, she is not a woman who is usually called "perfect". And then there was "my best friend" also...

Gabriele
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent part! goofy

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Knock some sense into blockhead Clark!!!!!

Yay!!!!

I, too, am looking forward to it.

Lois tearing down his love (Lois) that will be interesting!

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Only Wendy can write a 'Lois' that makes me want to throw things at the computer screen. goofy

(That was one of those backwards complements, I suppose! I'm having visceral reactions wink )

Anyway, I just read 1-8 and it's really very funny in that so-humiliating-I'm-embarrassed-Lois-is-so-dense way.

Looking forward to the resolution so hurry up!

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I only just read this since I was so busy with my birthday, but this was an interesting section. smile

First of all, thank you for the partly dedication, Wendy. That means a lot to me. blush And this part even had whams! sloppy

Since there are only two parts left, the solution must be pretty simple. More Martha? Would be interesting to see her explain her actions to Clark. wink Or, and that's what I like far better, the wham continues and they end up seperately. Hm, can't be, it's still a Wendy fic. wink

So in short, you should post right now so we can find out what happens more!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It is strange that Clark didn't realize that Lois's mood had changed during the date, but I guess he was preoccupied by anticipating the kiss.

In any case, that Lois did all she could to hide her feelings, tells how highly she thinks of Clark - she didn't want to spoil his evening.

Why didn't Lois want the kiss? Was the reason that she was afraid that she would reveal her feelings to Clark?

As for winning Clark over, *if* Clark were in love in somebody else, it would be a hopeless task. But did Clark really behave like he was? Is he a quy who would kiss anybody?

About Clark's ideal woman again: there were no sentence like "she would always stand by *me*".

Gabriele
Merriwether
Merriwether
Coming to the party a little late, I see that everyone has already expressed everything I was thinking, from the primal screams at Lois's misunderstanding (twice!) to the banging the head against the wall when she rejected his kiss. ROTFL, did I say how much I'm enjoying this story. goofy

Oh, Martha, you are SO dead! LOL! I'd kill her and I think Clark may have something to say on the subject, too. wink

Poor Clark, poor Lois ... but I love the way Lois decides that she's not going to wallow anymore, but is going to fight for her man. But couldn't you have come to that realization in the taxi, Lois???? We could be enjoying afterglow on the ceiling right now!!!! wink

Operation Knock Some Sense into Blockhead Clark.
But this, of course, is worth the price of admission. wink

Go Lois, go Clark, go Wendy! I want part 9! (And 10 and 11 and ... oh wait, only 10 parts? Nope, gotta write some more. <g>)

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back again, and once more thank you all very much for your terrific comments! smile I hope that at least some of you will have been happy with the minor WHAM in this section...

What??? Huh? Can this be? Tank, Saskia, the usual people who call for WHAMs... no cheers? No yelling for more? No hoping that the two would-be lovers are separated for ever?

/me feels Tank's and Saskia's foreheads wink

Oh well - at least metwin1 liked the WHAM! goofy

Metwin1 has a small query about my Pygmalion analogy:
Unlike the film version? This is exactly what happened in the film version. If I didn't remember wrongly, Henry Higgins never intended to claim Eliza for himself right from the start. His offer to teach Eliza came about because of a challenge
Sure, just as Lois's offer to take Clark shopping and improve his image came about because of Martha's prodding. Lois never realised that she wanted Clark for herself (or, perhaps more truthfully, she was in denial about it). The analogy was between Higgins realising, as the film progressed, that he wanted to claim Eliza for himself, and Clark thinking that Lois would never have wanted that.

Sherry, thank you for wanting to throw stuff at Lois! laugh I love it when stories evoke those kind of reactions in readers. Terrific! I wonder whether you'll still want to throw things at her as the rest of the story progresses?

Lots of you, I see, want Clark to throw things at Martha. wink Kathy's response was typical:

Oh, Martha, you are SO dead! LOL! I'd kill her and I think Clark may have something to say on the subject, too.
LOL!! Oh, and Kathy, I'm still blushing at your post. And I've gone back to read it again about six times, too! <g> Thank you!

So will Clark confront Martha over her interference? You think I'll answer that one now? Not a chance!!

But to those of you who saw Lois's determination to go get her man as a sign that we might see a man-hunting Lois prowling the corridors of the Daily Planet, seeking out the object of Clark's affection with a mission to identify and destroy... be warned that there are only two instalments left. wink I see that Kathy's already recognised that:
Go Lois, go Clark, go Wendy! I want part 9! (And 10 and 11 and ... oh wait, only 10 parts? Nope, gotta write some more. <g>)
ROFL!! Too late - this is already finished. <g>

Anyway, Part 9 coming up very soon. Thanks again, everyone - and Raquel and Sas, I'm glad you had great birthdays.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
another great part
I'm behind and I see 9
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard