Kerth
Comments go here. smile

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois had rolled onto her back while he'd been away.
Ooooooh!

Within seconds, she'd become permanently embedded in his mind.

Within minutes, she'd become grafted into his heart.
Awwwwww!

Now, he'd met a younger version.

And he'd felt ... something.
Uuuuuuuuh!

Then, he'd walked around a corner ...

... And there she was.
razz

"I'll come," Linda squeaked. "I would love to come."
To be expected.

"I could come," Barry said, although his tone was devoid of any overt enthusiasm.
Still not sure of Barry’s crushing on the editor, too.

She had dreamed about exactly that so many times, she could have written the script.

Actually, hidden under her mattress ...
And this is why I don’t drink and read.

So far, she'd managed to keep the humiliating details of her job from her friends at college. Most importantly, Paul didn't know anything about how she spent her weekend hours.
Okay, this sounds *really* dirty. Is she doing the rooms in an inappropriate outfit?

All because Lois had stormed out of her father's home three weeks ago, angrily informing him that she didn't want or need his money anymore.
Oh, it’s been so short a time? Wow.

"I'll bring you home some of that root beer you like so much," Paul said with a heartening smile in Lois's direction.
Oh?

"Aren't you hungry?" Barry asked, quietly slipping his question through the hubbub of Linda's escalating torrent of excitement.
Ooooh, what’s up with that? Is Barry crushing on Lois? Sounds like it.

"There's something wrong with the ham," she said. "It doesn't taste right."
Okay, is she pregnant or Tempussed?

A whole weekend. Linda. Alone with Paul. Driving together in his sports car. Arriving. Being acknowledged as Paul Bender's partner. Dining together. Attending the conference together. Discussing the conference together.
Sharing a room. Sharing a bed.

Movement caught her eye, and she looked beyond the happy 'couple' to see Barry returning her plate - still containing most of her sandwich - to the table.
Yep, he’s either crushing on her or her new gay best friend.

But beforehand, he needed to prepare questions and invent a story to explain his interest in a female freshman.
He’s planning on setting up a pay-per-view website and is looking for ‘talent’?

His worries escalated when, by late afternoon, Lois's condition had worsened. Her breathing had become more laboured, her face more flushed.
Oh dear!

Because he knew with certainty that he couldn't face the utter cruelty of having to watch his wife die twice.
/starts wondering about a fic where Tempus pretends to be the good guy and actually gets Clark into the past so he messes up the future trying to save it. hyper

"518."

"Two meals?"

"No," Steve said. "Only one. Steak, salad, fries."
Oooooh!

She was face to face with him – Robert James. The stranger.
/waits with baited breath/

The stranger was staying in her hotel.

That could be good.

That was definitely good.
Ooooooh!

Where was his wife?
*G*

Asleep? Or unconscious? A chill slithered up Lois's spine. "You're sure she was asleep?" she said.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As usual you have turned this into a very interesting situation. I am looking forward to more soon. I can't wait to read the next bit! smile1

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

And this is why I don’t drink and read.
rotflol

Okay, this sounds *really* dirty. Is she doing the rooms in an inappropriate outfit?
No. It just that Lois Lane wants to be a reporter, not a hotel maid!

Interesting speculation about Barry, Lois, and Tempus. Sending Clark back and just letting his natural tendency to do the wrong thing for the right reason is cruel. But funny, too. laugh

Not the Planet?
I was thinking a whiny, sensationalised story would be more the Star's style.

Laura

Thanks, Laura. I thought trying to kill Lois before she met Superman/Clark was an obvious next step for Tempus once he had failed to kill baby Clark.

Corrina.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Even more interesting. It definitely doesn't bode well that young Lois is so interested in Clark and so sure that he's hiding something. Of course, learning that he carried his wife in unconscious--or, um, sleeping--doesn't help matters any.

I, too, am wondering about Barry, though after hearing Wells warn Clark that Tempus has the advantage of methods from the future to change his appearance, I'm wondering if that's not the villain himself. He was, after all, messing with her food. Hmm... confused

Love Clark's thought processes, so scared that his wife won't remember him, won't love, that he'll mess up the younger Lois, and he hasn't even started wondering about how he's going to get back to the future. I could be forgetting things, but I don't remember Wells saying when exactly he'd come get him, did he?

And I'd hate to live in Utopia making what I am now--Wells said that the money he gave Clark wasn't enough for a good dinner, didn't he? Yet Clark's paying for a hotel, room service, necessities, clothes, and who knows what else. No more dollar menu at McDonalds in Utopia, I take it! smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
AntiK

I could be forgetting things, but I don't remember Wells saying when exactly he'd come get him, did he?
Wells said he would come and get them when Lois's life force re-appeared on his soul tracker *after* the date of her death.

Yes, it was vague (mostly because when I wrote it, I wasn't entirely sure of the details of L&C's return to 1993 blush )

Money - the effect of inflation would probably be greater the further into the future Wells went. IIRC, the show never gave any specific number of years - they just called it 'the future'.

Thanks for the comments,

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I still can't understand why CK bring Lois back to 1985????? I keep nagging in my mind.....

This is getting interesting

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for reading, chelo. You should know that the final story in this series isn't written yet. I'm not sure when I'll get back to it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard