Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nightfall Honeymoon TOC

Again I would like to thank my wonderful and superb Betas! DW and IolantheAlias! It was DW's idea for Clark's real Halloween costume to be Peter Pan. clap Thank you again for all your assistance!

My next story won't be posting for months, so it's someone else's turn to pick up the slack! wink I look forward to reading new stories from all of you in the new year!

Thank you for reading! Happy New Year!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/16/14 03:07 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Let me get this straight, Mr. Glass-Half-Empty. You think that you only have bad luck?”
Huh.

She pressed her lips together and leaned against the doorway. “And this counted as good luck?”
Huh.

He was by her side holding her hands a moment later. “No. Never, Lois. That’s not what I meant at all.”

“So, it was bad luck?”
confused But after I kept reading: Is this about her not getting pregnant from their honeymoon and did he somehow insinuate that that was good luck?

“Good luck or bad luck, Clark?” she pressed on.
drool Ivy’s got a mission.

“I don’t know about that. Losing your memories did gain you some new skills. I’ve been considering that very lucky indeed.”
goofy

You only cook using your fingers on the telephone keypad. Excellent luck!
clap Which would most likely mean, Lois wanted to dress as Bikini-Leia and got Senator-Leia instead? Or did she try to go for less iconic with Commando-Leia? Do they even have Commando-Leia? /rules out Chewbacca, even if Clark wondered about the furry costume version earlier/ And yes, I do think it was very racist and imperial of Leia to call Chewie a walking carpet.

Reluctantly, the bathroom door opened and Lois wearing… her calf-length Macintosh raincoat.
laugh So, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell?

Wonderful story, Virginia! Lots and lots of fun notworthy

My next story won't be posting for months, so it's someone else's turn to pick up the slack!
Eeeeeeeep!

/waves/ Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I hear someone hated that I was giving people time to get back from their holidays before replying to FDK here. wink

Is this about her not getting pregnant from their honeymoon and did he somehow insinuate that that was good luck?
Yes and Lois was flipping his words back on him.

Clark. He never learns to shut up while he’s on the bed, does he?
Nope. Martian Brain Damage?

Oh dear. Did I already exceed my face-palm quota for this story?
clap NEVER! clap No.

So, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell?
Yep! Of course, they still might not make it to the party. angel-devil

Wonderful story, Virginia! Lots and lots of fun
Glad you enjoyed, Michael. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hear someone hated that I was giving people time to get back from their holidays before replying to FDK here.
blush And not...no...what...I was just worried about spamming your inbox with ML-FDK. And since the post-fdk-fdkfdk frequency was much shorter before...well...great...that sounds needy... blush And what's this holiday thing? Oh, you mean the time when you don't go into work and have lots of time for reading and FDKing?

Nope. Martian Brain Damage?
Probably.

You meant on time, right?
goofy

quote: Yes. It’s usually the man’s fault in those cases. Same goes for the baby’s sex.
-----
Check the rulebook, Clark, Rule #9.
Rule #9 - He may be (nearly) invulnerable physically, but he is very vulnerable emotionally. Handle with care.
So... one isn't allowed to make fun of the poor doofus?

And IVY directing traffic?
Inspecting each passing...traveler to make sure only the best of the best of the best are allowed through. You know, females, and the occasional male one that is not prone to break future daughter-in-laws heart.

Somebody mentioned that my PML was missing a dancing girl.
/shrugs about it being requisite.

Glad you enjoyed, Michael.
blush blush blush Say, you do have a place available for your BNA award, right?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #9 - He may be (nearly) invulnerable physically, but he is very vulnerable emotionally. Handle with care.
So... one isn't allowed to make fun of the poor doofus?
Wrong Rulebook. I meant Lois's:

Rule #9 - Even when Lois is wrong, she's right.
Say, you do have a place available for your BNA award, right?
blush Wow! Thanks, but after reading "Snowbound" by DC and Mouserocks story where Clark commits sucide (sorry, the name escapes me), I'm thinking I've got some pretty heavy competition.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Rulebook. I meant Lois's:
blush For some reason I missed the commas and put rulebook and Clark together blush

And blush about the rest blush

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
clap clap clap Don't know if I commented on chapter twenty or not, but with how often my internet's been crashing lately, I'm not gonna risk searching too long... I liked that chapter too, but here's the comments for this one anyways... not to be prejudiced against your last chapter.
“So,” Lois said, peering into the bedroom where Clark was lying on the bed still dressed in his business suit, staring up at the ceiling. “Let me get this straight, Mr. Glass-Half-Empty. You think that you only have bad luck?”
Let's see, shall we? Lunkhead, lunkhead, secret identity issues, lunkhead again, *briefly* blissful, forced to leave his honeymoon early to save the world, forced to leave again to repeat saving the world, knocks his memories loose, becomes a lunkhead for a brief stint again, and doesn't get her pregnant? Does that about sum it up, or am I missing something? I mean, he hasn't even encountered Kryptonite yet! (But I must admit, I'm a glass-half-empty person myself, so I'm not necessarily one to judge).
"I shouldn’t have said anything. What I think about it really doesn’t matter, now does it?"
Lookie there! Clark's finally learned something!
"And stop thinking that my father hates you. He doesn’t. In fact, he’s happy to still be alive and not living on a charcoal briquette. So, you earned some bonus points with him during that whole Nightfall incident."
I hesitate to agree with Lois there. But at least they're married now, so he can't begrudge him that.
“And you aren’t my fantasy woman, Lois. Dream woman perhaps, but you’re not quite kinky enough for my fantasies.” He shot her a grin to show her he was teasing.
eek Bad Clark. Still hasn't learned to not challenge Lois.
“Losing my virginity to said beautiful woman – who also happened to be my wife – made me the luckiest man in the world.” He kissed her again. “Losing my memories and becoming re-infected by said monster, horrible insane luck.”
laugh The PML costume?! Too good!
“Lois, remember when I said that you were only my dream woman, not my fantasy woman?” Clark asked her, his voice sounding husky even to his own ears.

She batted her eyelashes innocently through a slit cut in the scarf. “Uh-huh.”

“I lied.”
lol Knew it.

Too perfect! Great way to wrap up the story! I will miss it, but will remember and re-read with fondness. Loved it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Glad you enjoyed. So, you thinking his lunkheadness puts him over on the glass-half-empty side? Huh. Interesting interpreation. wink

Bad Clark. Still hasn't learned to not challenge Lois.
And challenging Lois to be MORE of a fantasy woman makes Clark bad...? Sorry, answered my own question. blush I meant, how is it BAD for him? laugh

Alien sperm. Have to acquaint themselves with human anatomy before you can expect to strike gold.
Yep. wink

Superman?
Uh, doesn't he wear that everyday?

Batman?
rotflol

Lone Ranger?
Works for me!

The Fox?
No curse in this dimension, not familiar with the character.

Woo-hoooo! That's two of my fantasy guys wrapped in one (Han Solo and Clark Kent!) /fans self/
Have to agree with you! I totally can see DC as a Han Solo. That hair! That face! That body in a puffy beige shirt and vest. Holding a blaster. Totally! wink

Too perfect! Great way to wrap up the story! I will miss it, but will remember and re-read with fondness. Loved it!
Awww. Shucks. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Missed this...
Wow! Thanks, but after reading "Snowbound" by DC and Mouserocks story where Clark commits sucide (sorry, the name escapes me), I'm thinking I've got some pretty heavy competition.
blush blush blush Thanks for the compliment about "Distraught"! Unfortunately, I haven't archived anything yet this year (thanks to numerous computer failures). And I don't think it's that great compared to everything else I've read on these boards, your stories included. But I'll give you that there's lots of good competition this year. So many great stories I read!
And challenging Lois to be MORE of a fantasy woman makes Clark bad...? Sorry, answered my own question. I meant, how is it BAD for him?
Bad as in naughty for making Lois want to put out even more.
Superman?
Uh, doesn't he wear that everyday?
Yes, but I could just imagine Tempus would find it ironic and switch out the costumes.
Have to agree with you! I totally can see DC as a Han Solo. That hair! That face! That body in a puffy beige shirt and vest. Holding a blaster. Totally!
Thank *you*! Each man is sexy in their own right, but together... drool Then again, there can be too much of a good thing. Perhaps we should keep them separate for more nefarious purposes... kidding... devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard