Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nightfall Honeymoon TOC

I hope this answers any swimming questions remaining from Part 18. evil

Thank you for reading. Please leave any left over candy canes here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/16/14 02:58 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois leaned back against the log and let the lukewarm sand shift between her toes.
Ooooh, sounds cozy and relaxed. You wouldn’t have jumped in after the fun, now would you?

“Hi,” Clark said softly, yet not apologetically.

“Hi.” Her tone was more curt and to the point.
Oh boy?

He shows up without an apology and he doesn’t know why you’re mad? Please!
He’s still confused after the amnesia? He still doesn’t remember that Lois tends to get mad in 28-day intervals, whenever she’s left alone for more than an hour, and when she’s with Clark and then cosmic rays shine just the right way?

“I’m sorry. Is that what you want me to say?” Clark asked, following her. “You knew when you married me who I am.”

Men!
Women!
wink

“Am I sorry for locating that little boy who wandered away from his folks in the woods? No.
Look who’s found a backbone. Let’s see how good it is in shoveling.

“Am I sorry I came back here to spend a romantic evening with a woman who can’t cool her heels for an hour while I help other people… Hmmm. Let me think about that one.”
Ouch.

Gee, he sounds annoyed. Too bad he can’t tell time.

She turned around and faced him, fire in her eyes. “Three hours,” she corrected.
Oh boy.

“Three hours, Clark. You left me in a small town, in a strange country, where I don’t speak the language with no identification and no money,” she growled, throwing the other shoe.
Gee, that ‘don’t’-list is getting awfully long.

“I left you my wallet. You weren’t without cash,” he reminded her.

Buzz. Wrong answer.
Can this be construed as “he left her cash on the bedside table”?

“At least, I could pay for dinner. Yes, thanks for not dining and dashing on me.”
He learned that his is not appreciated by her while listening to her Claude story?

My credit card being used to pay for a hotel room in a town not fifty miles from the beach where Superman had taken me during our first interview. Wonder what she’s doing there?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

Ooooh, sounds cozy and relaxed. You wouldn’t have jumped in after the fun, now would you?
Fun? There was fun to be had?

He’s still confused after the amnesia? He still doesn’t remember that Lois tends to get mad in 28-day intervals, whenever she’s left alone for more than an hour, and when she’s with Clark and then cosmic rays shine just the right way?
28-day internals? Don't you mean hours? Or minutes?

Can this be construed as “he left her cash on the bedside table”?
Nope.

That would be awkward while tunneling through mudslides?
He could have left her on shore to interview people... people whose language she didn't speak. Beside the point!

Lois. You really need to appreciate the little things. Like being free to roam the city and B&E without the emotional baggage of a guilt trip by your husband. And when he has to rescue you for the 6th time in a week, maybe he will not leave you alone that much.
It's still early in their relationship.

It’s the principle that counts? Ivy really doesn’t know her host, does she?
Goddess of Mischief. She doesn't have to agree with Lois.

Uuuummmm… Lois, this isn’t really an advisable suggestion.
Quid pro... or maybe tit for tat? laugh

“I was stupid”?
laugh

Nothing. That was a remote controlled boom courtesy of the Bad Boyz of tha Warehouse.
Or maybe is was set to go off on impact?

/Imagines Superman doing a Playgirl Magazine interview and spread: Turn ons: Bright sunny days, pasta, and angry brunettes. Turn offs: Bald criminals, green stones, and ripping out pages from public phone books/
laugh Is there a ladies version "Love Fortress Int'l"? "Better Love and Housekeeping" perhaps? Not only has pictures of naked men in uncomfortable poses but also shows them doing housework. laugh

That’s what permanent body art is for!
Invulnerable skin.

Does this mean she has to give him birthday…stuff every day of the year?
He's not greedy.

Play Scrabble?
Twister?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
28-day internals?
Well... There are the *other* reasons for shorter and more random madness.

He could have left her on shore to interview people... people whose language she didn't speak. Beside the point!
/imagines Lois pointing and trying Pidgen English: "Superman! Supermand gooood? Yes?"

Goddess of Mischief. She doesn't have to agree with Lois.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
clap Another good one! Can't believe there's only one left (and an epilogue)!
“Hi.” Her tone was more curt and to the point. She was ticked off. Standing up, she dusted the sand from her skirt. “Let’s go home.”
Uh-oh. What did he do this time? Or maybe it's something he couldn't do? /imagines Clark: "I'm sorry, honey, but I can't be a super Man all the time for you... I wish I could be, but sometimes, it just doesn't work..."/ clap Let's do. I think that would be funny. Cruel, but funny.
“Clark told me this?” Lois inquired, her lips pressed together so she wouldn’t laugh. “And how, pray-tell, would my husband know of your turn-ons, Superman? Is there something I should know about the two of you? Huh?”
laugh Also convenient. Beats the "brain damage" excuse.
“Every single day of the year. Just like me.”

“Nice save,” he responded, kissing the top of her head.
Yes, Lois is infinitely better at making excuses than Clark. This has been proven on multiple occasion.

Final chapter! I'll probably get to those comments tonight!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MouseRocks! Oh, boy! More! clap (You guys make it hard for me to ready Missing Lois for the Archives. wink oh, and rework the ending of the Epilogue, again...)

/imagines Clark: "I'm sorry, honey, but I can't be a super Man all the time for you... I wish I could be, but sometimes, it just doesn't work..."/
I may do a lot to Clark on his honeymoon, but I'm not THAT cruel. wink

Too true. Although I'd argue more "stressful" than "fun".
Potato. Tomato.

Is that meant to sound as dirty as it does to me?
You know, guys, sometimes a double entendre IS a DE. laugh

Left it at a mistress' house. But that's not a pressing matter...
Lois picks up green studded 2x4 she was working on while on the beach.

/record scratch/ Did I miss something here?
Clark = sick sense of humor. Plus constantly forgetting what he wrote on that inner notepad of his.

Now that's what I'd call losing. Poor Clark.
AND there's his punishment for not remembering Rule #1.

"He's good at sharing."
evil

Well, we are really close. And then there was that time back in high school...
ACKWARD!

Selective amnesia?
It helps for non-scientifically minded writers too. wink

Clark forgot he's playing Lois' game and she makes the rules.
It isn't that he FORGOT. It's more that he hasn't figured this out yet and Lois isn't about to tell him. That's part of the rules.

Also convenient. Beats the "brain damage" excuse.
Again, we know who has the brains in this outfit.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard