This is my first fic in this fandom so I hope everyone enjoys it. I made a few additions after my beta went over it so any grammar mistakes are my own, although I would like to thank VirginaR for betaing it before the addition.

Without further Ado I give you "And the Earth Moved."

“Oh come on, give me a break here!” Clark shouted out into the darkness as the night echoed with thunder and the patter of rain skittered over the warm concrete.

“Do you want to go back?” Lois asked. Her eyes twinkled in merriment at his inadvertent distress over rain despite the amazingly bad day they both had.

“If the earth opened up at my feet, I wouldn’t move till I’d said this…” Clark declared before he situated Lois onto the edge of the fountain and began to slide to one knee.

Never let it be said that tempting fate was not a common occurrence for Clark Kent. His very existence on earth was temptation enough and yet he had survived, thrived and found the love of his life. Lois herself had done just as much to tempt fate as he, surviving the near fatal trip to the Congo and the many under cover assignments she had taken over the years. Together they had survived more than the average couple would in a lifetime. It didn’t mean that fate couldn’t try again.

At Clark’s words, the ground shook and shivered and his eyes widened as he realized that he just might have jinxed himself. “Oh God, no, not now” he whispered. He leaned forward to scoop her up into his arms just as the ground underneath shuddered, cracked and sank a dozen feet below the couple.

Lois’s eyes widened as she felt the trembling of the fountain and shrieked as Clark’s arms enfolded her in his embrace. He tucked her head into the crook of his shoulder as the concrete fountain ledge she had been sitting on slid to the side and fell into the darkness below. “Clark???” she squeaked as she looked down beneath them at the large sinkhole that had formed where she had been sitting then back into his wet glasses, her own eyes wide in surprise. The comfortable hold of his arms around her wrapped Lois in his warmth as the rain continued to pour over the two of them. Slowly her shock turned into a small smile. “Is this what you were going to say?”

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)