Sorry I'm so late to respond, Sue, but I did want to tell you how much I enjoyed this little piece. What a wonderful, WaFFy Christmas ficlet! It was so full of the little details and witty banter that make your 'little bits of fluff' so satisfying.

I love how you start with a classic Lois denial of her feelings...

Lois told herself she was only holding his arm so tightly because the sidewalks might be slippery, but the truth was she that enjoyed the possessive nature of walking with him this way.
and then take us right into some fun teasing.
“I clean out my drawers and organize my desk. I give a proper sendoff to the plant I’ve managed to kill that year. That way I can bring a new plant to work on January 1 and get started on ignoring it to death.”

“Have you ever considered getting a fake plant?”

“Sure. But where’s the fun in that?”

“Wow, a real plant killer.” Clark shook his head in mock horror. “I’ve heard rumors about people like you -- I just didn’t want to believe they were true.”

“Oh, the rumors don’t even come close.”
Then the characters walk perilously close to admitting how much they mean to each other, only to have Clark tease and Lois pull back to defend herself.
“I’ve been trying to think of something to get you for Christmas. I mean, what do you give to the guy who saved your life?”

“Three times,” Clark pointed out with a grin. “I saved your life three times in a single twenty-four hour period.”

Lois lifted her head from his shoulder in mock-indignation. “Says you. The way I remember it, you only saved me twice. Be happy with twice, Clark. Not even Superman has saved me twice in one day.”
I love that Clark was bold enough to suggest a kiss for his present and Lois' reaction to it. You have such a way with words, putting me right there visually ...
A solo saxophonist was playing “Silver Bells” as they passed through the arcade beneath the terrace, the music echoed off the beaux-art tiles.
and emotionally...
Clark started to lean closer and Lois closed her eyes. In the expectant seconds as she waited for his kiss, Lois remembered how it had felt to be held by Clark. She remembered the solid comfort of his arms and chest as he had slowly rocked her on her kitchen floor. There was no one else like him, no one else who had ever made her feel that safe and cherished – not even Superman.
and...
A snowflake landed on her cheek and he brushed it away. The tenderness of that faint caress sent a wave of longing through Lois that wasn’t at all sexual.
Happy sigh.

I hope we don't have to wait for next Christmas for another kiss, either.
sloppy

B