#83763 12/08/11 02:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now with questing goodness!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#83764 12/08/11 03:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Things are going too smoothly... all the gods cooperating, Clark conveniently fulfilling the "not mortal and not immortal" slot, good intelligence as to where the shards are...

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!

#83765 12/08/11 03:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Things are going too smoothly... all the gods cooperating, Clark conveniently fulfilling the "not mortal and not immortal" slot, good intelligence as to where the shards are...

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!
devil

And drop it shall....

Thanks for sticking with this! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#83766 12/08/11 04:50 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm with Iolan. This is too easy.

Maybe Alti is waiting for Clark and Kevin (okay, Superman and Hercules) to recover the three pieces of this stone for her. She can't get to them, so she's tricking the good guys into doing it for her. When all three pieces are together, she'll release Dahak, who will distract the heroes and allow Alti to grab the pieces and put them together and make herself top - er, dog. The only problem is that Dahak still has a soft spot for Gabrielle and busts up Alti's plan by sparing the good guys long enough for them to thwart Alti, who in the end is revealed as the distant ancestor of Mayson Drake, who is also back to throw mayhem around.

Am I close? Or would you rather not say? Never mind, this is interesting. Of course, there has to be a problem or two popping up soon or the good guys will get suspicious. And we can't have our heroes thinking too hard, now, can we?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#83767 12/08/11 05:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
I'm with Iolan. This is too easy.

Maybe Alti is waiting for Clark and Kevin (okay, Superman and Hercules) to recover the three pieces of this stone for her. She can't get to them, so she's tricking the good guys into doing it for her. When all three pieces are together, she'll release Dahak, who will distract the heroes and allow Alti to grab the pieces and put them together and make herself top - er, dog. The only problem is that Dahak still has a soft spot for Gabrielle and busts up Alti's plan by sparing the good guys long enough for them to thwart Alti, who in the end is revealed as the distant ancestor of Mayson Drake, who is also back to throw mayhem around.

Am I close? Or would you rather not say? Never mind, this is interesting. Of course, there has to be a problem or two popping up soon or the good guys will get suspicious. And we can't have our heroes thinking too hard, now, can we?
Um, not quite, Terry. But I promise you trouble ahead for Clark. laugh And for Hercules. Can't have a quest without trouble.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83768 12/08/11 07:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting chapter. Methinks bad things to come... but I'm alright with this for now. Of course, I'm still skeptical that Clark being an alien is good enough- after all, it wouldn't be their first curse... One thought though.
"Where's the other piece?"

"Here's where it gets a little weird," Ares admitted. "It's up in the Arctic by the North Pole."

Hercules blinked. "Okay, that is weird. There's no gods up there."
Why, indeed? My first thought was "Ice Fortress of Solitude," but I suppose that's a different franchise. Although maybe the gods know about such an alternate Superman universe and are just having fun with it? Hmmm... spider

Looking forward to the next update and ensuing chaos!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#83769 12/09/11 04:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> Interesting chapter. Methinks bad things to come... but I'm alright with this for now. Of course, I'm still skeptical that Clark being an alien is good enough- after all, it wouldn't be their first curse... One thought though.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> "Where's the other piece?"

"Here's where it gets a little weird," Ares admitted. "It's up in the Arctic by the North Pole."

Hercules blinked. "Okay, that is weird. There's no gods up there."
Why, indeed? My first thought was "Ice Fortress of Solitude," but I suppose that's a different franchise. Although maybe the gods know about such an alternate Superman universe and are just having fun with it? Hmmm... wave Hi Mouse! The simple answer is...because I wanted them to go to the North Pole. Seriously. I thought "okay, I'll send them three places...I want Egypt, Norway (since I was watching the Norse arc on Hercules at the time - I just adore those episodes), and...hmmm....the North Pole." Also, it would be pretty darn hard for a regular person to stumble across the shard there. laugh

Anywho, thanks for stopping in! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83770 12/11/11 10:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy He sounds like Clark when Lois walzes over him.

"Anyway, after you used the stone the last time, Zeus collected it and split it into three pieces. He hid each piece in a different place, even recruiting the gods of other countries to watch over the shards."
Ooooh! Treasure hunt. And we've got six guys/gals, not counting the gods. So, new mixup, each gets one?

Zeus placed a series of protective spells on the shards. Those with mortal, human blood can't touch the shards without being incinerated. Those with immortal blood can't touch them either without becoming trapped for eternity."
Oh great. So, Hercules, as a half-human/half-god? Or Xena, Gabrielle, and Iolaus as former mortals but not gods?

"Maybe not," Clark said slowly and with a sly grin. "I'm willing to bet that while neither a human nor a god can get the shards, that an alien can."
Oh, twist! But since Zeus knows about that superpowered alien who visited two-thousand years ago...

"You?" Iolaus asked, swallowing hard. "You don't look like an alien. But," he breathed out quickly and shrugged, "then again, I did watch you fly last night."
laugh Lois told him to get rid of the antennae (kept probing her in the night) and to use makeup to hide the green skin.

Ares took a piece of bacon and chewed it thoughtfully. "Ooh, crispy. Just how I like it."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#83771 12/11/11 10:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
drool

Cuteness factor aside, and I mean cute, why isn't he using the classic side-by-side pose with an arm around Hercules's waist?
*imagines Herc freaking out in that pose and fidgeting, slipping from Clark's grasp and going rotflol

How about benefits from the male flight attendant?
Herc has to tip extra for that. wink

The super-boxers. William Webster Wallace Walldecker. Gretchen Kelly. Lois Lane as Ultra Woman. New Kryptonians. Vixen.
Cyborg, stolen powers, stolen power, stolen powers, aliens powered by a yellow sun, robot. Herc, however, is a real person with honest to God powers of his own. wink

Wonder what's down there... /imagines lot's of elves.
And one of them just wants to be a dentist. wink

Hermey the elf

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83772 12/11/11 09:25 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I like that Clark is getting to be more active in this one--love that he was so careful in burning through the ice. And what a stroke of luck that he can get the shards!

Had to laugh at the friendly banter between Hercules and Clark concerning flight. And I loved the tender goodbye between Lois and Clark.

#83773 12/11/11 09:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I like that Clark is getting to be more active in this one--love that he was so careful in burning through the ice. And what a stroke of luck that he can get the shards!

Had to laugh at the friendly banter between Hercules and Clark concerning flight. And I loved the tender goodbye between Lois and Clark.
I like that Clark gets to be more active in this one too. It was nice to give Lois the chance to play the part of the hero in the last one (well, moreso than Clark). But it's good to have Clark back in the thick of things.

Having an alien around sure is lucky! laugh

Glad that you liked the banter and the goodbye. Writing the banter between Herc and Clark has been my favorite part of writing this tale.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83774 12/14/11 11:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cyborg, stolen powers, stolen power, stolen powers, aliens powered by a yellow sun, robot. Herc, however, is a real person with honest to God powers of his own.
But Clark's also a yellow sun alien, but "someone else" implies Clark's powers are inbred like Herc's smile

Herc has to tip extra for that.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#83775 12/14/11 11:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, there *are* all those theories about the Ancient Greek that where never discussed in prime time TV.
*is thankful she wasn't eating or drinking anything while reading that, or she might have choked*

For some reason, I get the same imagine, with Herc trying to get out of Clark's loving cradle
rotflol

You're a better person than me
Not usually, but this IS the g-fic boards! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard