Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep. That's it. It's done. Hope you liked it. Please, let me know.

I wasn't planning on writing a synopsis for Chapter 10, unless I get the demand. I'm also willing to clear up any questions either via private message or here on the boards.

If you're wondering about the iceberg, can't help you, I don't know either. I'll wait until L&C write it up in the next edition of the DP. laugh Who was behind it really wasn't important in the grand scheme of things. Just my way of saying, life's back to normal in Metropolis and there's another bad baddy out there with whom to deal.

Once again I'd like to express my gratitude to the following people: My Betas: Lynn S.M., StopQuitDont, MozartMaid, Queen Of Capes, and the ever-wonderful, ever-supportive IolantheAlias! Batman wouldn't have been who he ended up being without the help of IolantheAlias, Queen of Capes, and Marcus Rowland. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you again for sticking with me through 109 parts. notworthy

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yep. 3am EST. But I grabbed the Blackberry first thing before work and read it. Left me wanting more. Which is the sign of a great piece of work. IE - where's the sequel?? smile smile

Thanks again VIrginia for writing this. I will be foLlowing the board§ more closely now and will try to catch up on your other fics!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Is it safe to have Lara in the DP day care given her powers/abilities?

Glad to see alt-Superman and Ultra Woman. Seems a promising setup for your next piece.

Love Jimmy becoming a member of the 'inner-gang'. (What - no Scooby gang?? Guess they're too old for that.)

Great way to wrap it up!

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice wrap up to this convoluted and fun ride! Good job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chris: Glad you enjoyed. The sequel is still firmly implanted in my mind. Hence the "Eventually." blush laugh I meant to get started on it months ago, but I got distracted by some silly fluff.

Joan: The Scooby Gang is what Buffy's group calls themselves. How about the "Justice League"? wink Alt-Clark and UW wreaking havoc on canonworld? laugh Aren't siblings a riot to have around?

Is it safe to have Lara in the DP day care given her powers/abilities?
And what powers/abilities would that be? Telephathy? With other Kryptonians/half-Kryptonians/her mom? She never demonstrated super strength. Maybe she showed a bit of super brainpower being able to remember the day she was born, but I don't see how dangerous that would be others unless she turned evil, which is a stretch for most in daycare (not impossible, just a stretch). Her high metabolism? Are you afraid she's going to eat the day-care out of house and home? I think Bruce Wayne can afford to feed her one meal and a couple of snacks a day, five days a week.

Even according to her Grammy Ellen: “Other than her fast heartbeat, she acts just like any other baby her age. She doesn’t fly, she doesn’t shoot laser beams from her eyes, and she hasn’t once squeezed my finger so tightly that I thought it would break. She’s normal.”

Or are you thinking of this scene: Penny heard a soft thump and a whimper. There was Lara. She had scooted and scooted until she came to a stop at the breakfast nook. “How in the world did you get all the way in here so fast, little one?” She laughed, scooping up the little girl. “You certainly have your Daddy’s speed.” Penny gulped, staring at the baby in her arms. THAT, was Penny's overactive immagination. laugh Crawlers have a tendancy to get away from you very quickly, if you aren't paying them full attention and Penny hadn't been. The fact that Penny had put 1 & 1 together from that and her brother's lab going boom and figured out that Lara wasn't really adopted was pure dumb luck. evil

Laura: Thank you. Best wishes on you getting your land legs back quickly from my roller-coaster ride.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/runs in while shielding eyes/

Congratulations on finishing posting!
dizzy

Okay, That was the door frame...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/runs in while shielding eyes/

Congratulations on finishing posting!
dizzy

Okay, That was the door frame...

Michael
Thanks. lol

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the kind words! I'm awed at your plotting ability, inventive imagination, and perseverance!

Great fic.

Columnist
Columnist
Jimmy thought about this cryptic exchange and then swallowed. Maybe he didn’t really want to know about the curse after all. With his luck, it was probably contagious.
Totally! It must be!

SOOOOOOO good! I enjoyed this. It was hard to stop reading! I literally thought about this story all day and all night. That doesn't happen to me often. Fantastic job, V!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
SOOOOOOO good! I enjoyed this. It was hard to stop reading! I literally thought about this story all day and all night. That doesn't happen to me often. Fantastic job, V!
blush Thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed my crazy story. Maybe tonight you can finally go to bed on time! wink

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] SOOOOOOO good! I enjoyed this. It was hard to stop reading! I literally thought about this story all day and all night. That doesn't happen to me often. Fantastic job, V!
blush Thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed my crazy story. Maybe tonight you can finally go to bed on time! wink [/b]
Nope! I have flashcards to make! Gotta memorize the periodic table of elements! No rest for the wicked & over achievers!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope! I have flashcards to make! Gotta memorize the periodic table of elements! No rest for the wicked & over achievers!
Ah, now all of your late night procrastination makes sense! laugh Good luck!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

With his luck, it was probably contagious.
Well, no. But if he tried it with Lois, he would still end up dead. Hmm…okay, it really *is* contagious.

Further Adventures of Superman and Ultra Woman
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael Wow, you made it. Congratulations! thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part II (too many Graemlins):

I also added in this paragraph:
Clark knew if Barry was involved in the lecture, it must be about Superman. They decided that they liked sharing the Superman beat with Barry. He covered the little everyday stuff, and it freed them up to concentrate on what Lois liked to call the ‘juicy stuff’. The Man of Steel had taken the day off yesterday for Lara’s birthday, so Clark wasn’t sure about what Perry was in such an uproar.
I hope it works.

Oh. Right. And those two definitely need to lose their driving privileges for a while.
razz But maybe L&C visit Gotham City and help Bruce out with a new cold snap they're having... maybe, this was just a whole huge set-up for the premiere episode of.... Damn, I never did get any suggestions on what to call Bruce's spin-off show. goofy )

Well, no. But if he tried it with Lois, he would still end up dead. Hmm…okay, it really *is* contagious.
clap notworthy On to fill up Labby inbox. devil

PS: I've only written one scene down for the sequel, so it's not showing up until at earliest end of 2012 or sometime in 2013.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave
What are you going to do with all of your spare time? Write?
Yeah. Quizzes wink And try to do my V-day vignette that's been in perfect hibernation since last year. It looked like this when I pulled it out:
[Linked Image]

Yes, I could have lots of fun with lots of little Lara vignettes.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I haven't read "Hypergirl" or any of the other Season 5/6 tellings of the show. I didn't want them to influence my story. Now, that I'm finished (and hopefully convince SOMEONE in my family that I need a Nook) I can finally get to them. smile1

Yes, "Bat in the City" was a spoof on "Sex in the City". laugh I liked "Gotham Nights" too, but since he'll also show up during the day as Bruce... evil I've already got another story to send to Archives and I haven't yet started on my re-read of NH, plus my cutting room floor V-Day story (posting around V-Day). So, soon, LabRat will be sick of me. laugh

/Tries to project imagine of calm patience, ends up looking like Palpatine/
I have started sending my other alt-Clark / alt-canon Lois drama story to beta's today. It's the first story of a 3 book trilogy(over 20 parts a story, hence "book"). Will that cool you back down to a Darth? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! I hadn't read this story when it was being posted because I was so behind in my reading that the (?/109) scared me a little. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, thanks, Andreia. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I currently have it at GE for the Archives, so if there are any bumps or potholes that could be smoothed out before it finally uploads over there, I'd love to hear them.

The sequel is on the back burner at the moment because I'm working on my new alt-Clark epic trilogy (I've broken up the story into 3 separate stories so not to repeat my 109 post monstersaga). As I said to Michael, if I don't get bogged down, I'll try to work on it in earnest by the end of 2012 or in early 2013. (That doesn't mean that I'm not working on details in my head, though).

Thanks for reading. I'm currently working through everyone else's epics I've been teased with from the quizes, so I understand completely. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't been to sleep before 4am for a week now, I'm nearly halfway done with this monster, I'm having daydreams about Kal, my brain hurts due to time-travel twists and IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

*wanders off to get some sleep before the sun comes up and work demands my presence* Humph..

Jesus, Virginia, you've totally sucked me in. I'm reading till my eyes can't focus!!!

notworthy

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard