Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 Just down to the Epilogue. clap notworthy

I would also like to thank M.L. Thompson's story The Time Traveler\'s Wife for inspiring me to start writing fan fiction. I would like to thank Female Hawk (Corrina) for inspiring me with her story Trusting Me, Trusting You to go scarier with my alternative future.

Thank you all who have read and commented throughout. I hope my story – despite its heavy subject matter at times (and its length) – was still enjoyable, thought provoking, and entertaining.

All comments welcome.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I can't believe it's almost finally over. I liked the way you used the journals to give Clark a different glimpse into what Lois endured in the alt-dimension.

Since this is practically the end of this epic, I feel I need to say more. I loved the idea of trying to explain where the magic baby came from. At the very begining, I was surprised you spent so much time in the alt-dimension. Yet you did a great job with creating the similarities and differences with her real world. I especially liked the way you developed Alt-Clark and Alt-Lois. It's difficult to work with such similar characters but you did an excellent job.

I also liked that the story didn't end with Lois' return to her world. That you took the time to deal with her adjustment and even introduced new storylines - the super baby in Smallville and Batman. Clark reading Lois' notebook in this chapter was especially emotionally satisfying.

Excellent job! party

(What's next??)

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still wowed by how well you handled all the versions of Lois. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. Try reading all 109 parts on a Blackberry!! Yikes. But in less than a week, totally obsessed, I worked my way thru this epic and LOVED every chapter. I agree that Time Traveler's wife was also awesome. I just love Alt-Clark finding Alt-Lois stories. They are my favorite.

When will the epilogue be posted??? I can't wait!!

Thanks for penning such a great read, Virginia.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Wow! Thanks! You're the greatest! laugh I know it felt like alt-world dragged on -- I don't know 5 chapters too long --but I'm not as good at cutting scenes as adding them. blush It doesn't seem as long without the day inbetween parts while reading.

I also liked that the story didn't end with Lois' return to her world. That you took the time to deal with her adjustment and even introduced new storylines - the super baby in Smallville and Batman.
Well, we were heading into another season and had to work on that spin-off show. wink

Clark reading Lois' notebook in this chapter was especially emotionally satisfying.
That's good to hear. goofy

IolantheAlias: Thank you. It's amazing how confusing things aren't until they come together and are. You know? Then you go, "Ooops! What was I thinking?" laugh But then I'd gone too far to go back. Trying to make it LESS confusing (especially with the Lois / Lucy switch in Chapters 5-6) will be especially fun for the Archives.

Chris: eek One week! On a Blackberry! jawdrop Please tell me your eyes aren't crossed due to my story! blush Glad you enjoyed it. The Epilogue will be posted tonight before I go to bed. There were a few loose strings I hadn't tied. (Actually I discovered another one recently, but it will have to wait for the sequel... it was a very thin string. laugh ) And I wanted to show how life was finally back to normal... well, normal for these folks. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have to say that I didn't always agree with some of Lois' actions, but I've been with this story since the beginning and have throughly enjoyed the ride.

This was quite an undertaking and I salute your dedication to such an epic achievement.

Well done... and thank you.

Tank (who admits he is curious to see the further adventures of altSuperman and Ultrawoman)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay. I'm going to keep checking tonite for that epilogue. I am looking forward to the Alt-Universe sequel as well. I promised recently to finish my own Alt-Clark and Alt-Lois epic (The Girl's Not Attractive) and so I better get writing!! Like you, I brought Batman into it (as well as Chloe from Smallville). Hats off to you for finishing this "War and Peace" of LC Fanfic smile .

Reading it on the Blackberry was my "going green" contribution to the environment!!!! smile smile

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ChaaBreh:
Yay. I'm going to keep checking tonite for that epilogue.
Actually, it's closer to midnight PST than EST. laugh

Your story sounds intreguing, so please don't stop writing! I find Alt-Clark/Alt-Superman easier to write than canon Clark/Superman because... well, he's canon! Alt-Clark, we can bend the rules with.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Tank:
I have to say that I didn't always agree with some of Lois' actions, but I've been with this story since the beginning and have throughly enjoyed the ride.
Thank you, Tank. I haven't always agreed with Lois choices either. But sometimes characters go where THEY want to go instead of where you lead them. (And we all know how HEAD STRONG Lois can be.)

Well done... and thank you.
For cutting alt-Lois's hair? wink laugh FINALLY!

Tank (who admits he is curious to see the further adventures of altSuperman and Ultrawoman)
Right now it's in the nebulous stage (unwritten and disorganized in my head), but I know where I want to go with it. We do need to get those crazy alts married off, now don't we? laugh (And Luthor's still alive over there so he might pop up.) And naively they'll probably want to invite the in-laws and that crazy twin brother of his, and his family. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Do I need to worry about Aquaman?” he whispered.
goofy

“Oh. I forgot to open it,” Clark said, retrieving the package. He tore open the paper to reveal a couple of notebooks and his brow furrowed. The other Clark gave him notebooks? He flipped it open. It was filled with his wife’s handwriting.
Oh boy.

Happy Birthday to me! Forget something there, Clark? No, it’s okay, really. You broke me out of jail, what more could ‘Mad Dog Lane’ want for her birthday than to spend the night making love with you?
I don’t know. Even with all the spouts of how golden she is, she does sound ticked off. Like in the way where she can pull out that old slight every once in a blue moon and make him feel guilty.

I’m editor of the D.P.? I finally get the chance of a lifetime and I’m stuck in this god-forsaken dimension! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! (That’s me pulling out what’s left of my hair.)…
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: And down to two... (FDK's that is)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Actually, it’s naughty. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And down to two...
Yep. Epilogue will be dealt with tomorrow. Right under the deadline laugh On an unrelated subject. Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick *one* quote and *one* excerpt for the quiz?

On a side note, I just read the script for DwCiftC and found where the nickname "lunkhead" came from. I don't know, it just seemed to fit with the thought of your remarks.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep. Epilogue will be dealt with tomorrow. Right under the deadline On an unrelated subject. Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick *one* quote and *one* excerpt for the quiz?
About 1/10th as hard as picking 10 stories to pick 10 quotes from for one quiz? peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You really *do* want me to pick a line with Clark dumping Lois in some sort of manner for each quote and excerpt, don't you? Or, alternatively, for Lois getting mad at him. We could play it this way with the stories available. Good luck recognizing them, though evil

Michael

PS: wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
You really *do* want me to pick a line with Clark dumping Lois in some sort of manner for each quote and excerpt, don't you? Or, alternatively, for Lois getting mad at him. We could play it this way with the stories available. Good luck recognizing them, though evil

Michael

PS: wink
Argh! <<pulling out my hair>> Don't make me not know my own quotes or excerpts! notworthy

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard