#83468 11/28/11 06:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pronunciation Guide:

Iolaus - E-O-lus

Dahak - Day-hock

Alti - All-tee

Please feel free to leave your thoughts on this chapter! I'll love you forever! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#83469 11/28/11 08:38 AM
Kerth
Kerth
clap Exciting revelations here!
"I'm not here to play games," the war god assured the actor. "I'm here with a warning."
Of course he is. As fun as it may be to just play games across time and dimensions, I don't know that he'd risk his identity for it.
Kevin laughed, a short and disbelieving sound. "Pardon me if I don't believe you." He turned back to Lois and Clark. "Come on, let's find a pest-free place to do this interview, shall we?"
Typical brother relationship.
Ares grinned, amused, and rested his hands on the pommel of his sword. "Oh please. Like you haven't just admitted to cavorting with gods in the past. And like it or not, you're not the only one here with a secret." He shot a pointed look at Clark.
Uh-oh...
Clark subtly but audibly cleared his throat. "Maybe we should go. We can do this at another, more convenient time."

"Uh-uh," Ares said, wagging a finger in Clark's direction. "You're the reason why I'm here."
Who, little old Clark? Looking for some good publicity?
"Oh goody, Hades is here too," Kevin mumbled under his breath.
For some reason, when I heard Hades, my mind instantly painted a picture of grey-skinned guy with flaming blue hair... blame an upbringing on Disney films...
"Well, I guess we've made it clear that my little secret isn't going to be kept," Kevin muttered
*cough* not the only one...
Hades stood back, closing his eyes. His hands rose into the air, straight out in front of him, fingers spread wide. Pure energy and light flowed outwards from his fingertips. The very air crackled with electricity, until the short hairs on the back of Lois and Clark's necks stood on end. Goosebumps rose on Lois' arms as well. The light grew in intensity until Lois, Clark, and Kevin had to look away. Even Ares shaded his eyes with one strong hand. There was a sound like the crack of thunder, then, abruptly, the light was gone and the electricity fled from the air.
Ooh! A pyrotechnics display from the gods!
"Xena? Gabrielle? Iolaus?"
Yay! More friends!
Clark noticed how Hercules regarded Xena, and instantly knew that there was more to their history together then Xena had told them about. In fact, the two had briefly become lovers once, back when Hercules had helped Xena turn from her evil ways to fight for the Greater Good. But their romance had been short lived, as Xena had felt it best to go on her separate way as she began to atone for her past misdeeds. A glance at Ares told Clark that the war god had feelings for the warrior woman as well. The god was practically fuming at the outpouring of affection between Xena and Hercules, though he looked with affection at Xena. Clark blinked as realization dawned. It seemed that the god of war was not only capable of jealousy, but of love as well.
Aw. HercxXena = cute. XenaxAres... less cute. But at least an interesting love triangle!
laugh
"Lois, Clark," Gabrielle said, hugging them both with easy familiarity. "Nice to see you again."

"You too," Lois said, hugging the blonde bard back.
Reunion time!
"So you can't die?" Clark continued.

"Oh, I'm sure that I can, under the right circumstances. If I took a bullet to the heart or something. But apparently not from old age." The demigod shrugged.
Methinks that's one of Clark's own fears coming to the surface.
Every so often I have to shed my identity and pick up a new one, start a new life. It's tedious, but necessary. It would be too suspicious if Kevin Sorbo got to see his one hundred and thirtieth birthday."
Or Clark Kent.
"So, I guess that begs the question - what do you need Lois and me for? Shouldn't we, I don't know, go find Superman for you?"
clap Great going! Can't wait to read more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#83470 11/28/11 02:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Typical brother relationship.
If all brother relationships had one side who actually wanted to kill the other. wink

For some reason, when I heard Hades, my mind instantly painted a picture of grey-skinned guy with flaming blue hair... blame an upbringing on Disney films...
laugh

Great going! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I think I will be on a Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday schedule. (Sssh, don't tell...I'm still working on the last chapter.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#83471 11/30/11 09:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I'm not here to play games," the war god assured the actor. "I'm here with a warning."

"Let me guess," Kevin replied, sarcasm rich in his deep voice. "Give up the merchandizing rights on this film to you? Stop acting altogether? You're starting a war in some remote little location in the world and I had better not try to stop you? That about sum it up?"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#83472 11/30/11 04:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... I wanna say Hades, but didn't he have dark hair... /sees linked images... never mind...
Um, well there were two different actors. Erik Thompson (in linked photo) and another guy that came in for Season 5.

Okay, so how did it happen that Clark didn't have powers in the old universe. I thought it was firmly established it was a different dimension. But apparently not, so where did the powers end up. And how? And who played Xena on TV? And hmm... Xena played during Season 4 of LnC, didn't it? So, why didn't they recognize the name? Or did they only later? And will those bits be explained later in the story?
It gets explained in Chapter 3. Xena was still played by Lucy Lawless in this story, as well as in real life. Xena played from 1996-2001. And Lois did recognize that Kevin Sorbo played Hercules in the last chapter. I'm just assuming that neither Lois nor Clark watched the shows, being too busy with their job, kids, and villians intent of destroying Metropolis on a weekly basis. wink

Do we know that soul? And did he have to cancel his subscription after the inception of Greek Orthodoxy?
No one in particularly in mind. laugh

/wonders if Ares is going to do the snap-your-fingers trick to give Clark a change of clothing.
rotflol

Lois thought so. Before he crawled into her bed. Or broke up with her.
He could be a god in bed... laugh

Too many gods around?
What? You've never had one of those days, filled with gods, dead heroes, and soul stealing evil entities? wink

It's been a while. Still remember the image of the female shaman but where did she end up on the show?
Well, there was the whole thing in Between The Lines where we learn that Alti is destined to be reincarnated to wreck evil over and over and over again...then she tries to steal Xena's daughter's soul in Them Bones...and I think she shows up once in Season 6, but it's been a long time since I watched that one, and I'm only in Season 5 with my episode by episode viewing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83473 12/02/11 10:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He could be a god in bed...
True. But she must have then stopped worshiping him from afar. Although, her rituals after pulling him down into the dirt might not have been that different from the treatment the Greek gods got...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#83474 12/02/11 10:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
He could be a god in bed...
True. But she must have then stopped worshiping him from afar. Although, her rituals after pulling him down into the dirt might not have been that different from the treatment the Greek gods got...

wave Michael
lol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#83475 12/11/11 08:50 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, that's a lot of new names and myths! I'm trying to keep track of them--and I certainly appreciated the pronunciation guide--but I'm definitely glad we're seeing through Clark's POV. Makes it a bit easier for me, being an L&C fan with no knowledge of Xena other than what was in your first story.

Okay, so we're having another bad guy coming in trying to take over and/or destroy the world. I am curious to see if all the 'gods' will still have their powers here since Clark didn't have his when he was in their world/time. I feel bad for him--after all, he didn't ask to have a bunch of Greek gods show up and out his secret to public celebrities in a public place. Hopefully, the others will stop making fun of him soon and start realizing that if they, being gods, are begging for his help, they might want to show a bit more...I don't know...diplomacy?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

#83476 12/11/11 09:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Wow, that's a lot of new names and myths! I'm trying to keep track of them--and I certainly appreciated the pronunciation guide--but I'm definitely glad we're seeing through Clark's POV. Makes it a bit easier for me, being an L&C fan with no knowledge of Xena other than what was in your first story.

Okay, so we're having another bad guy coming in trying to take over and/or destroy the world. I am curious to see if all the 'gods' will still have their powers here since Clark didn't have his when he was in their world/time. I feel bad for him--after all, he didn't ask to have a bunch of Greek gods show up and out his secret to public celebrities in a public place. Hopefully, the others will stop making fun of him soon and start realizing that if they, being gods, are begging for his help, they might want to show a bit more...I don't know...diplomacy?

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Diplomacy is a dirty word to Ares. wink He can be...civil...but on his terms. The gods still have their powers, but you'll soon learn why Clark didn't have his in the last fic.

As in the last fic, you'll see some of the story through Clark's eyes, and some through Lois', as they will each have challenges that they will face. Glad the pronunication guide helped! I thought about putting it before the actual chapter, but I didn't want to ruin the suprise bad guys for those who might actually be Xena fans. But glad you got some use out of it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard