Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope that Batman's motivations were clearly explained. Now, he, Penny, Margarite, and Alfred (of course) can run off and start their new spin-off series. Any ideas on what it should be called? laugh

Thank you for reading. Comments, please.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This was funny:

“And I thought I had problems.”
Love this:

“Alfred says I need someone to talk to who knows what I’m going through. Otherwise it’s a festering wound. His words. You’re the only one I can talk to about that stuff, about the drawbacks to being a hero.”
I must admit I have issues with Batman. I grew up with the silly one from the 1960s show so I have trouble with the ambiguity of other versions. I liked the way you brought all this together. Bruce/Batman doesn't become a different person but we're able to see him in a more flattering light.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this was my favorite chapter so far in this whole crazy story. It reminds me of the TV series in that it just goes from one situation to the next. You have stamina! More soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love that Batman wants/needs to talk. As you pointed out, he doesn't have the support that Lois gives to Clark.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you. blush I always thought that there must be more to Bruce/Batman's persona if Superman/Clark and him were friends (i.e. Justice League).

Laura: It was about Ch 10 that I ran out of stamina, which is why it jumps from September to... well, the holidays... all within one chapter. laugh

IolantheAlias: When I wrote that final scene between Batman & Superman I realized how similar BW life (minus the finacial aspects) was to Alt-Clark's (after Tempus, Anyone). Orphaned at an early age. Trying to solve the world's problems on their own within a disguise so nobody knows. Each without a strong (Lois-figure) woman by their side. Alt-Clark then got thrown the monkey wrench that his secret identity was revealed to the world. I think that's why Alt-Clark is so beloved by many of us on the boards. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Awww, Batman is so cute & lonely. Let's get him a puppy!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Awww, Batman is so cute & lonely. Let's get him a puppy!
rotflol How about a spin-off show of his own?

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] Awww, Batman is so cute & lonely. Let's get him a puppy!
rotflol How about a spin-off show of his own? [/b]
And a puppy?

.talk nerdy to me.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

“Kids?” Penny sneered.
Yeah. That could be construed as creepy, given he dated her.

“CK, I… I …” Jimmy stammered. “I was only thinking of you and Lois.”
‘Thinking’ So, that’s what this is called these days?

Bruce continued to block their path. “Actually, it does. As new owner of the Daily Planet, I cannot have my star investigative reporters distracted by personal problems.”
goofy So, he bought himself a judge?

“It’s too late for that, Lois. You see, your nanny Penny here kindly supplied me with a sample of your daughter’s blood. With this sample, I was able to get a DNA genetic match for Lara’s biological parents.”
goofy

Bruce smiled. “I was able to track down Lara’s biological parents. They were resolute about their reasons for leaving their daughter with you.”
clap

“Here is my sworn affidavit stating that I have been in contact with Lara’s biological parents,
clap

Do you know how many boundaries you just crossed?”
Cut him some slack. He’s blind as a bat. Doesn’t see any boundaries.

“What? Invading my family’s privacy, so that Lois and I could do our jobs so that you could sell a few more newspapers… that’s the greater good?”

“Win-win.” Bruce smiled indulgently.
clap

“Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Enterprises and new owner of the Daily Planet.”

“This does have a familiar ring to it,” whispered Lois with derision.
clap

“Even if it means an exposé on our new owner?” Lois inquired, shifting her daughter over to her other hip.
Oh, Lois.

“Bring it on, honey, I’ve nothing to hide.”
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…

“Last time I checked, this is still a free country, Wayne. A democracy, not a dictatorship. I get to choose with whom and for whom I work.” Clark looked at the billionaire with contempt. “And it’s not you.”

Bruce chuckled. “Honestly, Clark. I’m hurt. You’d work for Luthor, for Luckaby and even Mindy Church, but not for Wayne Enterprises. I find that quite ironic.”
Yeah, well, they never hit on him or his wife. No, wait… Umm… they never hid who they really…? Nope, that’s not it. Hmm… They where dishonest people? Yes. That’s it!

“Don’t forget, I know all about you. All your dirty secrets.” Clark glared at him, eye to eye, nose to nose. “I could leave this job with a bang.”

Bruce’s smile grew larger. “Like you, Clark, I have nothing to hide.”
clap

“You know, he doesn’t date his employees, Penny, don’t you?”

“Date him? This is an employment opportunity of a lifetime, Lois. There are other men out there I can date,” she said as the elevator closed.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Then why did you pick up the phone?” Bruce snapped back. “Luthor Towers. Roof. Ten minutes.” Then he hung up.
Ooooooh!
[Linked Image]

The Caped Crusader didn’t speak for a minute. “Bruce was only trying to help Clark, Superman.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I've caught up. I'm reviewing Ch 10, now. I think I might actually meet my (self-imposed) deadline of submitting this story to the Archives before the end of the month. clap

Love & Capes picture
Yep, that's the type of thing I was going for... hold the Starbucks cup and the dating advice.

Is he talking about the superheroing?
Ype. He figures Clark can write for the paper in his sleep.

Like…Lex?
He didn't want to destroy Metropolis in a tidalwave. He loved Lois. He supported the arts and sciences. Instead of killing Superman right away, Lex gave him a long tortureous death that allowed him time to escape. (Of course, that is straight out of the handbook...)

Nielsons.
clap

Also, might scare the crooks into taking up an honest work.
Oh, so bad guys in Gotham City who can't take Batman move to Metropolis? huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've caught up. I'm reviewing Ch 10, now. I think I might actually meet my (self-imposed) deadline of submitting this story to the Archives before the end of the month.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard