Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 12...

The music stopped and it was time for a short newsbreak. Lara was into scooting at the moment. If Penny took her eyes off the kid, she would be across the room before the nanny knew it. Not that there was anything for Lara to get into. Clark had baby proofed the townhouse right after Penny had started working there.

Penny shook her head. It probably took him two minutes, if that. She wished Lois and Clark would just admit to her that which she already knew. That Clark was Superman. It was so obvious, she didn’t know why she hadn’t seen it earlier. Penny had no idea what they were so afraid of. It’s not like she would tell anyone.

“Bruce Wayne, head of Wayne Enterprises, said that nobody was hurt when the computers in the biomedical division of Gotham Laboratories, subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises, exploded last night. He said that the computers had overheated due to a clogged vent. In other news…”

Penny froze. Her brother Matthew worked at Gotham Laboratories. He was working on a new antibiotic cream to help heal cuts and wounds, including surgical scars.

She glanced around. Where had Lara disappeared off to? She looked around the living room, checking under the fish tank, under the sofas, coffee table, and Lois’s desk.

“Lara,” Penny called, feeling almost ridiculous doing so. It wasn’t like the kid was going to respond at six months.

Penny went into the dining room, checked under the dining room table and all the chairs, even inside the playpen, even though she knew Lara had been next to her on the blanket not two minutes before.

The kitchen door was rocking back and forth. Penny raised a brow. Slowly, she pushed the kitchen door open. “Hello? Clark, did you come home?”

There, on the counter, was a bunch of bananas. And when she meant a bunch, she meant an entire bunch from a banana tree. Penny shook her head again. Like Clark would find that bunch of bananas in Metropolis. Lois explained them as a gift from Superman to Lara, when he learned their daughter was starting solid foods. Uh-huh. Right.

Penny heard a soft thump and a whimper. There was Lara. She had scooted and scooted until she came to a stop at the breakfast nook. “How in the world did you get all the way in here so fast, little one?” She laughed, scooping up the little girl. “You certainly have your Daddy’s speed.”

Penny gulped, staring at the baby in her arms.
Thank you for reading. Please leave your comments here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It's so sad that Lois can't talk about certain parts of her time in the Alt-world, though it's very understandible.

What's going on with Lois? Can't wait to see how this all works out.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yes, sad. Very sad. So much has happened to Lois over her four+ years with Clark, it's come to a head and not so easy to brush aside anymore.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
They legit. need to find a deserted island to move to and avoid the rest of the world.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
They legit. need to find a deserted island to move to and avoid the rest of the world.
Lex tried to convince Lois to do something similiar when Nightfall was falling, but she said she needed to be at the crux of things. I agree, a beach much comfier.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark grinned. “It could have been worse. We could have been dragged to the seminar on ‘Women in Technical Fields’.”
Umm…

“The Gotham Knights are up by two runs.”
So, Mets against Gothams, huh?

“I’ll suggest that he ask Superman to do another bug sweep, just in case. What did you think about that crack about the cape?” Lois scoffed. “No, I’ll fill Clark in as soon as I know he’s not keeping any more secrets from me.”
Not used to having a stalking husband, huh, Lois?

Clark winced. Oh, crap. Which secret had she found out about?
Implied plural, Clark?

He wasn’t keeping any secrets from his wife.
Uuuuummm, only because she found out about the old one, then the *other* old one, and you still got the new one.

“That’s great, dear,” Jimmy said, completely focused on the TV.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

So, Mets against Gothams, huh?
Kind of like the Mets vs. the Yankees, only superheros are more interested.

Picking up game?
Now you know why the Wayne Foundation is into "Women in Technical Fields". laugh And Jimmy wanted to watch a baseball game. Ha! Amateur.

Yes, Clark. Lois *is* going to Wayne lectures trying to score with him.
Uh-huh.

How about he stays a couple dozen feet away from nocturnal creatures and only uses his heatvision to give him a memento?
What? A new Superman or Batman styled burn tatoo? Better go with Batman, otherwise people might suspect...

Well…It *was* innocent.
Yep, but that doesn't mean she has to interpret his words that way.

“A kiss for your thoughts.”

Her anger was so hot, he was glad she didn’t have heat vision. “So, I have to buy your affections now?”

confused
Buy Lois's secrets with a kiss. Or sell Clark her secrets for a kiss. Either POV works. Neither are what he meant though.

I just realized. He hasn’t told her about his Monday appointment with Doc Friskin, has he?
Nope. So, I guess he does have more than one secret hanging out there, doesn't he? laugh

How about he goes and finds a criminal who got access to Kryptonite and starts fighting him until he’s really badly hurt and needs Lois to rescue him?
Someone has to stay home with Lara.

Yep. He’s really working hard on evening the scales. If he doesn’t watch out, he will be in much deeper than Lois ever was.
So things will be back to normal.

So, who’s gonna win the epic match? The shrink or the superman?
My money's on Dr. Friskin.

No. That would be herself.
Lois wants to kill Clark in her dreams? Uh... No. If she did, she wouldn't disguise it so much. She'd just kill him as herself, now wouldn't she? Why all the cloak & dagger stuff?

“It was cold. Really cold. Then I felt something warm…” She felt her left arm. “There was a baby crying. Then I heard your voice and I was back.”

huh
Lara's birthday when they gave her UW blood.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh look. Here I was just about to start doing FDK blush

Now you know why the Wayne Foundation is into "Women in Technical Fields".
laugh

Nope. So, I guess he does have more than one secret hanging out there, doesn't he?
And he was never good at juggling even one ball...

Someone has to stay home with Lara.
Penny?

So things will be back to normal.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard