Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! I cannot believe I'm already done posting this story. clap

I have decided to wait until I have finished writing Nightfall Honeymoon before I start posting it. I have finished writing 13 1/2 parts (not including the Prologue) and feel that it's almost complete. I doubt it will reach 20 parts before it's done (*famous last words*). Hopefully, I'll be able to start posting it within the next two weeks and when I do so, it will be an every-other-day posting schedule. It is taking a little extra time to write as I am doing both a Gfic and an Nfic version, which is proving a bit of a creative challenge at times.

Thank you to all of those of you have given me such bliss with your FDK Comments through-out posting GEM. Thank you!

Please feel free to comment one last time here.

Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 08:17 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ten Days Later – Monday Morning
Ooooooooh!

Lois and Clark walked out of the elevator and into a hectic and new Daily Planet newsroom.
clap

“Lois, no gift, but I can get you an appointment with Lawrence, my hairdresser. He takes new clients on an invite-only basis.”
Merry early Christmas, Tank!

“I’ve been doing some soul searching recently, you know, with Nightfall and all.”
She finally seduced the priest?

Why not a new haircut as well? Nah!
People say he likes his wives' necks accessible. (no typos in there)

Out stepped a petite, bespectacled, older man with salt-and-pepper hair hiding under a bowler hat and a lifetime of living etched on his face.
Oh dear. Isn't he a tad late? Say, 10 days?

“Actually, it’s Ms. Lane now,” she said, holding out her left hand.
Umm... typo? Mrs. Lane?

“Congratulations, I think? May I ask who the lucky man is?”
Really? That's* how ya wanna play it?

“You did tell her that you’re… you’re…”

Clark snapped his fingers. “Darn! I knew there was something I meant to tell you, Lois.”
laugh And little Miss Galactically Stupid here didn't even put two and two together when they ended up on the ceiling!

“You didn’t have any problems then with…?”
laugh

What in the world was he talking about?
Your host still being alive. Although, if Ivy and Zelos are the soulmates in this universe, then that would perfectly explain the absence of a curse.

“Hey, you’re friends with Linda King, right?”

“I wouldn’t use the word ‘friends,’ but yeah, I know her.”
Well... she did do an awesome performance at the pole during Clark's bachelor party.

“I hear she’s banging Preston Carpenter, publisher of the Met Star,”
Well, *something* had to have happened to her brains, no?

Well, she did sleep with him – not much sleep sleep, lately – with Superman, but that was because she was married to him.
So, she slept slept with him before more than she does now? wink

Mmmmm. Not sleeping with what’s-his-name… your husband… Missing the honeymoon routine already.
I'm sure they have a nice supply closet for honeymoon emergencies.

“But Linda King had dinner with Carpenter at the Press Club last night and then was seen leaving his house this morning in the same clothes.
Well... I'm sure she was just there discussing a story.

Lois replied with the first words that popped into her head, “I like to sunbathe in the nude.”
laugh

Say what?
New hobby? Ivy peeved it was not her idea? The student surpassing the master?

She would have to have another discussion with her husband about their partnership!
/remembers gag from some sitcom where one wife recommends withholding sex to the other. And then the other wive responded that that doesn't work since her husband is a real hunk.

“Nude sunbathing?” Jimmy walked by her desk, still laughing and shaking his head. “Poor Clark.”
Poor Clark? confused

“You know you can’t nude sunbathe even on a private patio. Not with Superman flying around town.”
Jimmy!

Yeah, I’m guessing he might hit a building or two if you started doing that.
New hobby indeed! /Dirt Digger headline: Superman responsible for fifth building damage in Clinton Street area.

Comments
/points to above post/

Since I already mentioned wonderful fluff in the last post, I'll just sit back and start ticking off days of the calender till the sequel.

I doubt it will reach 20 parts before it's done
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is taking a little extra time to write as I am doing both a Gfic and an Nfic version, which is proving a bit of a creative challenge at times.
/nods sympathetically while pointing to Hell Hath No Fury. That one gave me headaches/

Thank you to all of those of you have given me such bliss with your FDK Comments through-out posting GEM. Thank you!
notworthy Thank *YOU* for entertaining!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Fun.

Tank (who is a tad annoyed that he'll have to wait for the sequel for Lois to get the proper haircut... which she will... right?)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thank you for the comments.

How did they get set that up so quickly?
Perry was working behind the scenes to get it up and running for weeks, possibly months now.

Metaphor?
No, it's how L&C walked out of the elevator after THEIR honeymoon in BY.

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Those fingers appear to be in mortal danger.
One caress per customer please.

Okay, not so surprised, anymore. Actually, since that song-dedication.
Oh, you picked up on that, did you? laugh wink

You might always sell him Lucy?
Again, he's willing to give her away for FREE.

Super-remodeling required?
Their desks aren't right next to each other in canon either.

/squints eyes. Taken by those boys from Bessolo Furniture? Or a lasting souvenir from the break-in in her apartment?
Break-in from 2 weeks... 3 weeks previous.

No, that was Lois.
<<clears throat>> Lois isn't a thing.

Poor Lois. Hope she doesn't fall asleep at her desk.
Lack of sleep is good practice for being a top reporter.

Well... might spice things up in a month or so after they're done with the more conventional stuff.
Or it could be booby-trapped.

Is Cat also required to add a non-flattering picture of Lana dressed up in sweats, with running mascara, stuffing in a fudge hotdog?
No, but it would be accepted nontheless.

Well...now that he got the cow and the milk and the honeymoon's over...
What kind of Superman would he be if he couldn't tell Lois the truth.

Why did you cook if you know how bad it is?
That's a good question.

So, full-time job? And the second bit was probably in his vows anyway.
Ah...

Baaaad Clark. Showers can be dangerous. They require constant supervision of the wife in it.
It's difficult to concentrate with the ringing in his ears.

Merry early Christmas, Tank!
I have the strange feeling Tank will like my dark Halloween story better.

Oh dear. Isn't he a tad late? Say, 10 days?
Wells is still determining if he's in the correct dimension. He's in find mode, not fix mode.

Umm... typo? Mrs. Lane?
Ummm... She didn't marry her father. Ms. Lane, Mrs. Kent.

Your host still being alive. Although, if Ivy and Zelos are the soulmates in this universe, then that would perfectly explain the absence of a curse.
Maybe, they found another solution to the Baron Tempos problem.

Well... she did do an awesome performance at the pole during Clark's bachelor party.
Hmmm. I'm sorry, I wasn't invited to bahelor party. We'll have to ask Clark what went on.

Well, *something* had to have happened to her brains, no?
Pole-damage?

I'm sure they have a nice supply closet for honeymoon emergencies.
True.

Well... I'm sure she was just there discussing a story.
Well, he is a hands on publisher.

New hobby? Ivy peeved it was not her idea? The student surpassing the master?
Sometimes one can even surprise one's inner voice.

Poor Clark?
He might have to visit a doctor for that cronic back pain he's developed since getting married.

New hobby indeed! /Dirt Digger headline: Superman responsible for fifth building damage in Clinton Street area.
No, it was in the National Inquisitor.

Since I already mentioned wonderful fluff in the last post, I'll just sit back and start ticking off days of the calender till the sequel.
Ooops. Better get back to work. laugh

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
clap Thank you for the great comments! notworthy

Tank: Sorry you were disappointed in my allusion to Lois getting a haircut in the future. The sequel takes place between GEM's Part 36 and this Epilogue, so no haircut there. She's been a little busy.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, it's how L&C walked out of the elevator after THEIR honeymoon in BY.
Oh. /rushes back to watch scene/ Ooooooohhhhhh... Duh!

Again, he's willing to give her away for FREE.
Okay, okay, but they sure could use the extra cash.

Lois isn't a thing.
So, the asteroid was the biggest thing and Lois the biggest person?

Or it could be booby-trapped.
/reminds self that this was not meant D.E.

What kind of Superman would he be if he couldn't tell Lois the truth.
A live one?

That's a good question.
/gets suspicious about sequel/ Did he make her mad and she chose an appropriate revenge/

It's difficult to concentrate with the ringing in his ears.
Heatvision through walls and into phone?

I have the strange feeling Tank will like my dark Halloween story better.
/imagines Lois scalped by own child/ goofy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia - RE: doing a 'G" as well as an 'N' I am by no means an expert but what I have been doing is concentrate on the 'N' version then when complete go through those 'N' scenes and sanitize them to make those passages 'G' rated.

I had started posting Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 3 as both 'G' and 'N' and the beta work really got bogged down, what with all of the very many corrections that needed to be made since I was still writing as I was posting. I have now completed the story and it is in hands of my Beta readers and I hope to be posting it shortly. That is the system I am following. I worked exclusively 'N' since that was longest and hardest. When the Beta work is complete on that I will sanitize it for the 'G' posting. My personal mistake was not so much trying to write both at the same time it was not having a complete transcript to start with.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KenJ: Thank you for the advice. I've got one Beta working on the N and one on the G. Yes, I'm writing in N format and then cutting / changing for the G (to make sure I've cut it down enough, although my G is still VERY PG-13). Another reason I'm not posting the sequel just yet is that I have a chapter or two that will need... well, let's just say, a major overhaul to make them G. laugh And I would like to post both the G and N version at the same time. Hmmm. Maybe since I've hit a wall on my current chapter, I should go back and tackle that G chapter.... <<where's the the hitting oneself in the head and saying 'Duh' Graemlin. Oh, yes >> wallbash

I don't find the N stuff difficult to write, but that might be because I've been writing romance novels since before I knew if my romance scenes were actually accurate. (A LONG, LONG time, in other words. wink Okay, blush No... No, what I meant to say is that I've been writing romance since I was 16 - A long, long time ago before I knew what I was talking about... Not that I'm a total skank. Will be shutting up now. laugh )

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Ahh... finally! Relief! I'm (still) without my computer (laptop died on me about a week ago, and have been really really terribly bad off. I've been trying to keep up on reading as much as possible on my phone, but have really bad signal so it's been touch-and-go for a while...) Anywhose, so until I scrounge up some money to fix my dead laptop, I'm going to try and keep up on my grandparents' computer (and because of moving, home computer's not working either and im going bonkers without internet wave (be back on here when i can blush )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know that saying "Great story!" isn't doing to make it justice, but I haven't words to express how much I appreciated this story. I waited to read it when it was finished and I'm glad that I did so because I couldn't stop reading it. thumbsup Can't wait for the sequel! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
What can i say this story is way past simply words it was a joy to read
Can't wait for the next part

Mpj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush blush smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Update: I'm almost done writing Nightfall Honeymoon. I'm currently writing part 18 of 19 or 20 parts (not including the Epilogue). I will try to start posting sometime next week on the Tues. 15th or Thurs. 17th. (I've got a houseguest coming this weekend and that might push it back to the latter date).

As I mentioned before, I have written two different versions of the sequel. I will be posting one here on the Gfic Boards and one on the Nfic Boards. Please, be warned that the sequel -- more so than GEM -- is very, very PG-13, due to adult subject matter (not for violence). laugh But there's a plot, too wink which is why I'm posting it on both.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Oh my goodness! I usually have trouble getting through long stories because I feel like they drag out too much, but this was incredible! I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it!

Can't wait to read the sequel!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mrs. Luthor: blush laugh <<looking down at foot drawing circles on the floor>> Thanks. Part 2 of Nightfall Honeymoon posted. Part 3 hyper tonight.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard