Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Part 36

Part 37

Friday – late afternoon

Clark stood in the sunshine outside of the chapel, holding a bouquet of peach-hued flowers. Lois had stepped into the powder room to change into her new white dress. He had worn his one and only charcoal grey suit over his blue suit on the plane and, therefore, didn’t need to change. Lois had wisely not wanted to risk her new white dress.

They hadn’t left Metropolis right after breakfast like she suggested after his morning proposal. He probably shouldn’t have waited until this morning to give her Nana Clark’s engagement ring. What Clark should have done was to rush home last night, pull his father away from his customers and into the office to open the safe so he could get the ring and fly back. Or Clark could have just told Lois that yes, he would marry her the next day but he wanted to give her a ring first. But he hadn’t.

Admit it, Kent, you were a little peeved that you didn’t get a chance to propose to her. She was ramming this whole wedding down your throat like you had no choice in the matter. You made her wait until this morning to let her know that she couldn’t expect to constantly steamroll over you like that. There are two of you in this relationship, and both of you need to make big decisions like this together.

Truthfully, Clark had always wanted to propose properly to Lois. Didn’t all little boys daydream of proposing to the woman they loved?

Nah, just you.

Clark shifted his feet, lightly kicking a pebble, only to send it as far as the river instead of to the moon. He was still upset with the Kal side of him for admitting he wanted to marry Lois as a method of digging himself out of one of the holes he had created on the beach.

It worked though. You got out of that hole, didn’t you?

He had thought he still had time to plan a proposal, believing that Lois was nowhere near as ready for that step in their relationship as he was. Then, yesterday morning, Mayson hit Clark over the head with the news that his girlfriend had already announced to her that he and Lois were engaged.

You should really ask Lois one of these days when it was she did that. And why?

Then, yesterday at lunch, Lois had proposed to him, kind-of.

Demanded is more accurate.

Even then Clark had thought he still had time to get in a proposal of his own. But when she had dropped it in his lap last night that she wanted to marry him the next day “if he wanted” – he had grabbed hold of that window of opportunity with both hands and tugged. And here they were in Niagara Falls, NY, about to be married. Lois hadn’t hated him or punished him for making her wait with his answer on the room reservations. Thankfully, she had been true to her word.

Lois really only wanted to make love to him this weekend. Making their love legally binding was just icing on the cake. So, after he had made breakfast for her and Lucy, and slipped in his proposal with Nana Clark’s ring, he and Lois had gone down to Mazik’s Jewelry store and picked out a couple of gold wedding bands.

I liked that you chose Posey rings that were inscribed ‘vu et nul altre’, you and no other.

Clark looked over at the Niagara River rushing onward towards the Falls. He couldn’t believe how much his life had changed over the past month… actually, six weeks since he met Lois. And all of it was because of the woman who had asked him to marry her and spend the rest of his life making love to her.

That’s not exactly what… never mind.

His smile grew into a glowing satisfied grin. If he had told himself two months ago he would be getting married today, he would never have believed it. But, then again, he probably wouldn’t have believed in time travel, other dimensions or that he would be a primary-color-clad, tights-wearing hero either. Or that he had been fired or was now starting a new side career as a reporter for Perry’s weekly Planet. Or what an incredibly dense idiot he had been to the woman he loved – so much so that he had actually called her a “streetwalker”. He wanted to ask Lois if she had forgiven that grievous sin – because she had never mentioned that she had – but he wisely decided not to bring up the issue. He wouldn’t have believed that Lex Luthor would no longer be a thorn in his side either or in the land of the living. Or that he would have learned about his home planet of Krypton or that he had been married when he was a… Oh, damn!

You should probably mention that last one to Lois before the wedding, Kent. Start off your life together with a clean slate.

Or end his life as he knew it. Lois was liable to leave him at the altar for omitting this nugget of information from her.

But what would she do if you waited until after the honeymoon? Well, at least you wouldn’t be a virgin when she left you.

No. Clark wouldn’t do that do her. He had to tell her today, before the ceremony.

The door of the chapel opened, and there stood the most enchanting vision in ivory. Her sleeveless cowl-necked dress flowed down her long legs to her ankles. The dress was shorter than traditional wedding gown, but equally as elegant. As Lois walked down the steps of the chapel to him, the click-clack sound her open-toed slingback sandals made as she walked caused Clark’s gaze to dart to her slender ankles. When she reached him, she glided her fingers across his chest and then she made a slow circle so he could drink in the entire effect. Behind her, the dress draped low across her back and moved with her, sliding across her skin like a series of lover’s kisses with each gentle step. It was so low in back that Clark dared his thoughts not to think what she could possibly be wearing underneath it. He swallowed, wanting to do nothing more than grab her hand and fly down the aisle and get her back to the hotel so they could hang up that perfect dress.

Lucy’s borrowed hair clip pulled a lock of Lois’s hair aside, revealing her right ear and the curve of her neck underneath. Just gazing at her filled him with a warmth, which spread from his heart throughout his body. At his expression, her smile grew. “You approve, then, Clark?”

He could do no more than nod.

She held out her hand and, instead of giving her his, he passed to her the bouquet of peach roses he had bought when she went in to change. He knew he had promised her no super powers in Niagara, but every bride deserved a bouquet. As she drew up the flowers to drink in their scent, Clark knew he had done the right thing. She moved the flowers to her left hand and held out her right hand again. “Ready?”

Again, Clark could only nod. Everything about Lois took his breath away. They walked up the steps together and entered the chapel. At the door when the organ music began to play, Clark’s logical side finally caught up with him. “Lois, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Lois held up a finger to the minister and organist and pulled him back out the door. “Clark, you don’t have to tell me, I know that you and Kal are the same person.”

He shook his head. “Not that.”

“Does this have anything to do with Kal?”

Clark wasn’t quite sure how to answer that question.

“Because I know all there is to know about Kal, right?” Lois asked him, her eyes fixed with his.

Suddenly, Clark was unsure. Had he told her everything he knew about his super side? Had he forgotten some smidgen of a fact that she would torture him with later if he didn’t reveal it at that moment? “Yes. This isn’t about Kal.”

Actually…

“Are you gay?”

“No!” he gasped, shocked that she would even think that after everything they had been through.

“Do you have a voice inside your head telling you what to do?” she asked curiously. “An annoying, sometime nagging, very horny voice telling you things at inappropriate times?”

Hey! I resemble that remark.

“Well, actually now that you mention it… yeah, I do,” Clark admitted sheepishly, a slight flush rising to his cheeks. “How did you know?”

“Me too,” Lois said with a smile and shrug as she led him back up the steps. “As long as you don’t always do what that voice tells you to do.”

“Less and less. Do you?” he asked curiously, following her.

She grinned mischievously. “You wish!”

Clark wondered if it were Lois’s inner voice that had suggested the toe sucking as Lois opened the door to the chapel once more.

Um… Kent. Weren’t you going to tell Lois about Lady Zara?

The wedding march started playing again and Clark stopped, murmuring, “Lois, there’s still something I haven’t told you.”

Lois pinched her lips together and then pulled him outside again. “What?! What is it that is so important that you have to interrupt our wedding, not once, but twice to tell me?”

Clark gulped.

Nice going there, Flyboy.

“Do you have some secret wife somewhere that you forgot to mention to me?” Lois inquired exasperated.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Get that lady a sledgehammer with which to hit you.

“Well…” Clark began sheepishly.

Lois’s hand slipped out of his as she put them on her hips. “Well?

“Don’t get mad…”

Ooooh. I wouldn’t have started with that, Kent.

“Don’t. Get. Mad?” she repeated through clenched teeth.

“When you-know-what exploded, it turns out I wasn’t the only survivor,” he said in a rush and looked at her hopefully.

Lois gulped and lost a shade of color from her face. “I’m listening.”

“Apparently my birth parents were royalty of some sort or another and I was married as an infant to…” Clark tried to explain.

Lois held up a hand. “Lord Kal-El?”

He nodded hesitantly.

“Married as an infant?”

Clark nodded again.

“On…” She waved a hand through the air, so that they both knew she meant Krypton.

“Yes.” He swallowed.

“Okay. And how did you learn about this? The globe?” she inquired.

“No. Not really. Lady Zara kind of told me,” he admitted.

“Uh-huh. So, some woman…”

“Sarah. The cashier from Daily Books,” Clark interrupted, just because he liked the taste of these fancy shoes of his.

Sarah? Sarah, the cashier, is this Lady Zara person? And she told you that you were some sort of prince back home and that the two of you were engaged?” A small smile broke through Lois’s demeanor. “And you believed her?”

“Kind of. She didn’t really tell me, tell me. She told her bodyguard, and I sort of overheard them talking. And not engaged, Lois, married.” He shot her an embarrassed grin.

“Uh-huh. And what made this conversation so…” Lois waved a hand through the air. “… riveting that you actually believed them instead of thinking she was just some nutso stalker? Believed her enough that you would interrupt our wedding, twice, to tell me of some crazy ritual back on…” She waved her hand to represent Krypton again.

Clark gulped and murmured, “Because they were speaking telepathically.”

Lois froze and reached out her hand to steady herself against him. “You can read minds?”

Oh, honey, I wish.

His sheepish look reappeared. “Apparently.”

A buzzer sounded in Clark’s brain. Wrong answer!

She gulped, and then her eyes bore into his. “Have you ever read mine?”

“No! Never! I don’t know how. I just happened to overhear their conversation. I would never…” His brow furrowed, then his shoulders straightened and he retorted, “Do you think it would be possible to be this much of a lunkhead if I could read your mind?”

Lois paused a moment in thought. “Granted.” A small smile appeared on her lips before disappearing. “So, what this boils down to is that theoretically you’re already married?”

“Well… No,” he replied, glancing down at his shoes. “I don’t think so.”

Lois’s lips pressed tighter together as she waited.

“Lady Zara rejected me as her husband because I was only a mere deliveryman and security guard here on Earth. She didn’t think I had what it took to be leader of New Krypton,” Clark confessed softly.

You hadn’t wanted to be married to Lady Zara, but that had still stung a bit, hadn’t it, Kal-El?

“She told Ching – her bodyguard – that she would dissolve our union so she could marry him,” Clark continued.

Lois threw her arms around him, pressing her lips to his. “Oh, Clark! What is it with my planet that makes all the women here, even the visitors – me being the sole exception, of course – completely blind to your potential?”

Clark didn’t know the answer to that question, but he decided to leave it rhetorical as he happily accepted her praise, love, and kisses. “Shall we get married then?” he asked, dragging his lips away from hers.

Her eyes twinkled with delight as she winked at him. “I thought you’d never ask.”

Clark carried Lois over the threshold of one of the honeymoon suites at the Lexor Niagara.

Thank you, Daddy Lane!

The bellhop stood just inside. He had deposited their suitcases on some luggage racks near the dresser and waited. Clark set Lois down and tipped the man, who saluted in thanks and shut the door after him – moving the ‘Do Not Disturb – Honeymooners in Love Inside’ sign to the outside knob as he left.

It’s those extra touches that put the fine in refinement.

Lois kicked off her shoes and held out her arms. “Clark…”

“Hold on!” Clark told her as he looked around the room.

WAIT! If he thinks he can do a disappearing act NOW

Clark seemed to be studying every inch of the place. Then he locked the door and even added the chain. He closed the curtain for complete privacy and, then turning, gifted her with a look of smoldering desire. “Hold still.”

Hold still?

Lois watched as her husband disappeared into a blur as candles suddenly got lit, lifting the near total darkness and then she heard the pop of champagne. Clark stopped in front of her and handed her a glass of bubbly. “Hungry?” he asked. “There are chocolate dipped strawberries with whipped cream.”

Not for food.

Her glance darted to the delectables on a small dining table by the windows. Lois licked her lips. “Later.”

She set down her champagne flute on the table next to her and crossed to Clark. He seemed nervous again, fidgety. Lois removed his before he broke it in those stiff fingers that clung to the glass and set it down. Pulling his glasses from his face and setting them on the table next to his champagne, she kissed one eyelid and then the other. She took his hands in hers and drew them around to her bare back, pressing her chest against his.

“Clark…” was all she was able to whisper before he closed the distance between their lips. His warm hands caressed her back dipping under the edges of her dress.

Oh, yes, liking this backless dress more and more.

“We’re going to wrinkle your gown,” he murmured, kissing down her neck to her shoulder, causing one of the straps to slip down her arm.

Easily remedied.

Lois shrugged her other shoulder causing that strap to slide down, lowering the bodice further. Clark took a step back to admire her barely covered body. He seemed to be vibrating in uncontrolled super speed. She gasped as he vanished in front of her. “Clark!

“Wow! That was terrific, honey. Was it as good for you as it was for me?” Clark yawned and Lois’s head snapped over to the bed where her husband lay, wearing only his sleep shorts, and sipping his champagne.

She hadn’t moved. “What?!”

NO!!

A grin slipped onto Clark’s lips and he was by her side again. “Just joking.”

Not funny! giggled Lois’s inner voice.

Lois glared daggers at him as a growl escaped.

“Don’t tell me you weren’t fearing that scenario in the least?” he teased, running his finger down her shoulder, knocking her dress further down her body.

Lois wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled his mouth against hers fiercely as one dress strap, and then the other slipped over her hands leaving a puddle of fabric on the floor by her feet. Clark’s hands continued to caress her bare skin and lifted her to his hips.

“Hold that thought,” Lois whispered, sliding her legs down his muscular body to the floor. Covering her chest as she went, she padded over to the table with the strawberries, the hot melted chocolate for dipping, and the whipped cream. She bit into a berry and then picked up the bowl of whipped cream. She sauntered back to her husband and, with a nasty glint in her eye, threw the contents into his face.

Clark nodded, licking the whipped cream off his lips as he wiped his eyes clean. “Okay. I’m thinking I deserved that one.” He wrapped an arm around her bare waist. “Even?”

“You’re lucky it wasn’t the melted chocolate,” she said between pressed lips, reaching up and getting a finger full of whipped cream for her mouth.

“Later,” he murmured, lowering his messy face towards her.

“Oh, no, you don’t!” Lois shrieked with a delight, running off. “Help! Superman!”

Clark threw his hands up in exasperation as he rolled his eyes. “Now! Now, she calls for Superman!” He zipped in front of her. “If it’s Superman you want…”

She ran off in the other direction. “No fair, Clark!”

“Fair?” he retorted, super quickly grabbing a towel from the bathroom and wiping more whipped cream from his face before he tackled her on to the bed.

Lois continued to laugh, tossing a pillow at him. “No super speed?”

“I promise,” Clark replied, holding up hand in a Boy Scout pledge, before lowering his face to hers. “Super slow.” He kissed down her neck to her shoulder. At her collarbone, he glanced up at her. “Shall I start with your toes?”

“Later,” she murmured, bringing his lips back to hers. Her hands explored the planes of his chest.

Clark paused long enough to gaze into her eyes. “I love you, Mrs. Kent.”

Mrs. Kent! Who said anything about taking your name, Buster?!

“I love you too, Mr. Kent,” Lois replied as her hand went even lower on his belly.

A little formal, aren’t we?

“Lois!” Clark moaned, pulling her body to his.

That’s better.

An effervescent translucent goddess in white with red long flowing hair floated up to the ceiling. A brilliant green-eyed man joined her. He pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips to hers.

“Ivy,” he moaned. “You, Goddess of Mischief, I’ve caught you at last!”

A blaze of lightning and a blast of thunder rattled the windows outside.

She ran her fingers through his dark locks. “Oh, Envy, you know how Zeus hates it when you call me a Goddess.”

The man exploded in anger. “I’m Zelos, not Envy! Envy’s my twin brother!”

Ivy giggled and ran her fingers over his chest before pointing to the couple making love beneath them. “Right. Just like Clark there is Superman’s twin brother.”

The green-eyed man turned his back to her and harrumphed with crossed arms.

Ivy floated around and kissed him. “You know it’s only you who I love.”

“Do I?” he said archly with a raised brow.

“Of course! No one else’s eyes glow such a radiant green as yours,” she murmured, plying him with kisses. “I would know you anywhere. Haven’t I proved that to you by now?”

“Oh, Ivy,” Zelos groaned with desire, pulling her into his arms and kissing her again. “Let’s take a break and go back to Mt. Olympus for a spin, just the two of us?”

Ivy pouted playfully. “What fun would that be? It’s sooooo boring up on the mountain. That’s why we decided to live among the mortals, remember?” She walked her fingers up his arm and over his shoulder. “Why don’t we stay with this couple a while longer? They’re lots of fun.”

“I almost felt like a real god inside that body,” Zelos said enviously, but then pursed his lips. “No. Didn’t you hear his wedding vows? He’s banished me forever.”

“You must admit they were more fun than that actress and the president…”

Zelos looked away. “Without my jealousy, who am I?”

She shrugged. “I wouldn’t know. For the thousands of years since we met, you’ve wanted to tear apart every man who has looked at me and every man I’ve looked at, even though you’re the only man I’ve ever loved.”

Zelos lifted his gaze to hers, a smile tugging on the corners of his lips. “We could play hide-n-seek again.”

“Nobody hides like you do,” murmured Ivy flatteringly, wrapping her arms around Zelos again. “Look where you hid – a man from another planet – and I still found you. I will always find you.”

He took her hand in his, pulling her towards the windows. “Come. Let us find new playmates.”

Ivy glanced back at the couple on the bed, letting go of his hand. “Go ahead. I’ll catch up.”

“You’ll catch up?” growled Zelos, his eyes growing brighter. “Admit it! You like him! You like that flying alien usurper more than me. No matter what he does, he will never be a true god.”

She flipped her hand at him. “You never trust me. I tell you I love you. Not good enough. I search for you over and over for millennia, but still it isn’t what you want. These people are new and exciting. I want to amuse myself here a while longer and you say 'no'. Like them, I never agreed to obey you. You go find a new playmate…” She licked her lips and grinned mischievously at her soul mate. “I’ll play here with Lois’s mind until I can get them to create a playmate of my own. It’s your turn to catch me!”

Zelos’s eyes were more luminescent than she had ever seen them. “You stay here, Ivy, and I will have Zeus turn me into something that can kill that man. Then, you’ll be mine again.”

Ivy laughed. “Go ahead and try, Zelos. He’s Superman. He’s invincible.”

“You never listen!” He shook his head shooting her once last glare with his glowing green eyes. “Clark’s not invincible, Ivy, merely invulnerable. I’ll be something that can take away his aura, leaving him quite vulnerable. I – on the other hand – will always be invincible!” Zelos roared, flying out of the honeymoon suite with a sonic boom.

*** Not Quite The End ***

Epilogue

Coming soon…

The Sequel... Nightfall Honeymoon
(There's a link at the end of the Epilogue)

Zelos

Picture of Posey rings

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 09:28 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.