OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 08:41 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Another great chapter! Some comments before I get back to making some calls...
“Don’t you think that glass is full enough?”

Clark glanced down at the glass he had been overflowing with champagne and pulled the champagne bottle upright. He picked up the dishtowel and started mopping up the excess.
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She had changed into an evening gown that hugged her curves, skintight to her hips, but then falling to the floor in waves.
The one from IGACOY?
Deep maroon in color with shimmery beads zigzagging every which way across her body.
Okay, not. So, is it from the show?

There was no way she would ever fade into the background looking like that.
He could always to a Chippendale number. Or whisk her away in the blink of an eye. Or publicly transform into Superman. Or do a slow transformation and combine it with a Chippendale number after whisking Lois away? Of course, *then* she'd be slightly ticked off that he removed her before the show, thus denying her the fun of watching.

How did he end up being the luckiest man on the planet – he would even venture – in the universe, having met Lois?
Now, is it solar system/galaxy/universe/dimension or solar system/galaxy/dimension/universe?

There were a thousand places he could think of where he would rather be at that moment. All of them included Lois; none of them were where he was or what he was supposed to be doing.
Rather elaborate. I'd have thought just one place, so long it's his ... okay... Lois's... hmm... parents are at work, so, his bedroom.

“Okay, baby cakes,” he told Lois.
Last words?

“Don’t you think that glass is full enough?”
Oops?

“I take it Lois has arrived?” his Dad said, scanning Luthor’s great hall.
laugh Clark really needs to work on his tells. Otherwise, he'll never win at poker with Lois.

Jonathan turned away from Lois and focused his eyes onto his son’s, lowering his voice, “Your feet on the floor?”
He should take to wearing sucker-studded shoes. Or velcro, if he's on carpet.

“I take it we won’t be seeing you at home later tonight, Clark?”
clap but I did sort of expect Lois returning the favor to Johnny's cheek.

Jimmy needs a nick-name? Any ideas? Squirt? Nah. Jimbo? Her inner voice sighed. I guess that will have to do.
laugh

“Whoa, Man,” Jimmy said coming up to the bar, waving his hand in front of his face. “I knew you were on break, CK. I didn’t know it was a smoke break.”
For one hour? Sounds more like he smoked a magic cigarette.

“Good luck with that woman, CK. She’s high maintenance.”
He likes them that way. It's like with British sports cars. Or was it Ferraris? Lot's of fun for boys, but high maintenance.

This woman was too seductive to be let out in public.
Maybe he should lock her up first and then tell her why?

Clark laughed softly to himself. He was a four-alarm fire?
Be one. Cause one. Same difference.

“I can’t wait until after the party,” he murmured, bumping lightly against her side.

Lois playfully elbowed him as she blushed. “Clark!”

Oh, good, she understood your meaning.
rotflol And she *does* seem over the two strikes. Until strike #3.

"Yes, Lex. A good friend,” Lois replied carefully.
Uuuuuuuh...

“I wanted to ask where I should have my driver pick you up for our date?” whispered Luthor as his hand touched her arm.

Date?
Headline: "Reclusive billionaire spontaneously combusted during own party"

Clark felt like he had lost his powers and had been punched in the stomach. It wasn’t an interview. It was a date!
I kind of *don't* feel sorry for Mr. Two-Strikes.

You made this mess, Lois. It all started with that first lie – that white lie you told to shelter Clark.
Oooooh, sound familiar?

Clark isn’t listening? He still looks like you kicked him in the crotch. Oh, Clark. Why do you listen to things you shouldn’t and not listen when you should?
Because he's preoccupied with green stones in the form of a Lois-shaped body?

“I wonder,” Lex had coaxed, his words seeming slicker than they had earlier this evening after his dismissal of Clark. “Do you do requests?”
Costs extra, sugar. Another grand for a normal special stuff and three grand for extra special stuff.

“That was our last set,” she told Lex, indicating the band packing up with a nod of her head.
Slick!

“Boys,” Lex said, turning to them with a slight clap of his hands. “Do you think you could favor me with one last number?”
Ouch!

Lois glanced over to Clark and saw that he was watching her. She could tell from his expression that he thought she was singing this song to him. She wasn’t. It was Luthor’s request. She was singing it to him. She returned her gaze to Lex.
Should be fun devil

Clark wiped down the counter of the bar, took the last tray and headed for the kitchen. Lois closed her eyes in a flinch as if he had struck her across the face, letting that last tear drop down her face.
She could always try for not-angry make-up sex?

So, this was fun. But now I can't really wait for the fallout!

Hhhmmm. Not going to expect long FDK from Michael for Part 29. Got it.
Hmm... not sure I managed short. Sorry. I did manage to keep the graemlins at 15, though. Sorry about that, too.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MouseRocks: Thank you for the great comments! thumbsup

I would encourage this action, but I don't think Martha and Jonathan would appreciate it. Or Lois for that matter. She's already established with Clark that she doesn't like super-stalker boyfriend- even when he's acting in her own best interest.
True, so true. But it's fun for Clark to daydream.

Yep. You just keep that in mind Clark. Though I am getting a sense of foreboding here...
Are you thinking that Clark is going to have one of these moments? => wave

Clark! Mind. Out of. Gutter.
MouseRocks! Mind. Out of. Gutter! laugh

Good chapter! I really liked all of your song choices- love Peggy Lee! Btw, I didn't try your links, but you mentioned you couldn't find a Peggy Lee version of "The Lady is a Tramp" on youtube... but I did find a version of it on a site I use called Grooveshark. You can basically search any and every song you can think of and listen to it for free, and set up your own playlist. So I set up your playlist of songs in this chapter, and it worked perfect.
Thanks for the referral! I think the way Peggy Lee sings these songs (and "The Lady is a Tramp" song especially) is like so Lola Dane. It's amazing how listening to 10 versions of one song and no one sings it like Peggy Lee does. Her version is simply the best.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Your goofy

One floor up? In his private living quarters. Bedroom wing to be precise?
I see you are fluent in Lex-speak.

Yep, sounds like Ivy's going to have her hands full keeping Lois in line.
Lois is a full-time job. (Mind out of the gutter!)

In about five minutes, anyway. Hope the mayor, senator, or playmate of the month won't mind.
Yep, fully fluent in Lex-speak.

"...my boyfriend Clark and I are"?
Precisely. Kharma such a pain. It's not as much fun when others interrupt you, now is it Lois?

/whispers: Lois doesn't yet know about Johnny's affiliation as seen later on/
Oh, right, evil

Hmm... not sure I managed short. Sorry. I did manage to keep the graemlins at 15, though. Sorry about that, too.
peep Feel free to comment as long and short as you like. I had only been teasing you, because it sounded like you didn't like Lois singing and I knew there was A LOT of that in this Part. blush

The Fallout in tonight's/tomorrow's part.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

Lois is a full-time job. (Mind out of the gutter!)
/starts muttering/ Great, now Muse is trying to find entry into particular gutter she missed on first cursory glance...

I had only been teasing you, because it sounded like you didn't like Lois singing and I knew there was A LOT of that in this Part.
I know laugh And I also know (but not doing it is more fun laugh ) I could have mentioned I was just worried about Lois and Lex and Johnny and Toasters and Tempus all in the same room. Say, did she ever date a Kyle in college?

The Fallout in tonight's/tomorrow's part.
Okay, so both Corrina's Epilogue (hopefully) and GEM tomorrow? cool

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia - Thanks for the demo. I see how it works now and will use it. hyper

Nicely done chapter. Looking forward to more. cool

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Just got up to date this story is wonderful

Mpj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KenJ: Happy to hear the music tie-in worked. laugh I always like to have a scene where Lois sings, since I think she did it so well on the show.

Mpj: Thank you for the positive review. blush Glad you enjoy it. clap

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard