Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 8, Part 4...

“Wow! Lois,” Clark said, lying down next to her. “You’re unbelievable.”

“You’re not so bad yourself, hot stuff.” Lois rested her head on his shoulder. She released her breath. “That will hold me for a little while.” She lifted her chin and kissed him again. “Or not.”

“Lois!” Clark laughed. “Where do you get all this energy?”

“You,” she whispered. “Everything about you turns me on.”

“Good to know.” He smiled. “Lois, that image you sent me telepathically. Wow! How did you do that?”

“Image? I didn’t send you an image. I told you I want you. Wanted you.” Lois kissed his shoulder. “What did you see?”

Chuckling, Clark admitted, “I saw you attacking me at the newsroom and tearing off my clothes. Guess it was someone else thinking that.”

Lois stopped kissing him mid-kiss. That was what she had been thinking about when she sent the other message. “Oh, no. That was me, Clark. I was debating whether or not I should meet you here or at the office. You must be a powerful receiver. I’ll be more careful with my thoughts next time.”

Clark exhaled. “Next time? Lois, you cannot contact me like that ever again. I’m liable to have a mid-air collision with a building with thoughts like that forced into my head.”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So past-Lois has gone back where she belongs! And canon Lois has resumed the forward-motion of her personal timeline, with no more looping back or forward.

Now Lois has to confess to Clark that she is the one who was in the alt-dimension for year, the one who was pregnant with Lara... looks like she decided to have a little romantic interlude before she takes the plunge.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - putting the stand-in back went better than I thought it might. But Lois would do anything for her child so that makes sense.

It's fun to be back in this universe and back to the Daily Planet. Glad to see Jimmy's relationship with Penny is developing.

Looking forward to Lois' explanation to Clark about the events of the last year. That'll be good.

Joan

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
My heads spins a little every time I catch up witch this story. I'm still enjoying this roller-coaster. And now Lois is where she belongs. And Clarks are so sweet with Lara.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IolantheAlias: Great summary! clap Thank you.

Joan: I'm glad you liked Penny, because edited for spoilage.

Looking forward to Lois' explanation to Clark about the events of the last year. That'll be good.
Don't hold your breath, Joan. dance I always pictured Clark being the perfect Dad. His sweetness with Lara never ends. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Neither of them wanted her to know what her future held for them. She might change her mind.
“Lara or sex with a second Clark? Lara or sex with a second Clark? Lara or sex with a second Clark? Hmm… Can’t I have both?”

She shrugged. “A bit, but not in a bad way.”
laugh

“Maybe, someday, we will.”

Clark swallowed. “But, Lois…” He didn’t want to worry the stand-in about the complications, but how could she even consider that again? What if she died?
Well, she’d get struck by lightning first, you doofus!

That’s right, Clark nodded. If she wouldn’t tell Kal, he would. He didn’t know how or when, but Kal should know the truth about his daughter.
I don’t think the ‘daughter’ is the issue.

As she dialed the Daily Planet, her stand-in silently pulled off her wedding and engagement rings and handed them to her.
That reminds me. Lois already wore the ring and her finger is properly prepared. But will they notice that Substitute has a larger white mark than she should?

“You’ve had quite a weekend, I see. But your Mommy wants you back now. We just stopped by to say ‘Hello’.”
clap Wonderful DE!

“Oh.” He seemed disappointed. “No more colds?”

“Fit as a fiddle,” Clark replied.
confused

Dr. Klein messed up Kal’s test results, too? He told Kal that he couldn’t have children? Why didn’t Lois tell him that earlier? That could mean that his Dr. Klein may have made a mistake as well. That he, too, could father children? That someday he could have a Lara of his own?
Well, it is *your* policy to never trust a scientist, isn’t it? So why would you in this matter?

He shrugged. “Lightning.”

“Oh. Resplendent Man syndrome. Wow! This is going to be quite a year for us.” She laughed.
clap

“There was something I’ve wanted to tell you for a while now. When we were together, it was you I made love to, not my Lois.”
Oh dear. That’s because she won’t remember this for another year, right? But did he cut it short enough?

The substitute Lois’s eyes grew large as she turned to him. “What?!”
laugh

Then they dropped into that jello feeling and were back in time.
Ah yes.

“You gonna explain this one, son? Your wife was so sick that she spent the weekend in bed and…” Perry stopped himself. “And you had a restful, quiet weekend for a change. No wonder you’re so happy.” He chuckled.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ralph stopped next to Clark’s desk and whistled. “I’d like that covered with whipped cream, eh, Kent? Come to Daddy, sweet thing.”
Oh Ralph…

Normally, Clark would just roll his eyes at such a comment from Ralph, but suddenly he saw red. He picked Ralph up at the knot of his tie.
Ooooooh look! The A-Ha moment!

Or I will tie you up and hand out tomatoes until every woman, lady, and girl in Metropolis who you’ve ever insulted has had a chance to show you how you’ve made her feel.”
goofy

I want to know why you didn’t tell me why you can communicate with Lara telepathically.”
Huh.

“Because she can with me, too, Daddy,” she whispered.
Oops?

Lois paused. “Actually, she played me a memory of you, saying you loved me.”
Awwwwwwww

Silence. “Clark, I want to try something. I want to see if I can connect to you like I did with her.”
Oooooooh!

Lois was silent for a few moments as he heard her going through the dresser drawers. “I’ve found it.”
Huh… wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: laugh

“Lara or sex with a second Clark? Lara or sex with a second Clark? Lara or sex with a second Clark? Hmm… Can’t I have both?”
Yes, but you can't tell Clark.

Well, she’d get struck by lightning first, you doofus!
Because that's so easy to plan.

That reminds me. Lois already wore the ring and her finger is properly prepared. But will they notice that Substitute has a larger white mark than she should?
She's kind of out of it with amnesia.

“Oh.” He seemed disappointed. “No more colds?”

“Fit as a fiddle,” Clark replied.

confused
The last time Sam and Ellen saw/met with Superman (that they can remember) was when they helped him recover from the Super virus.

Well, it is *your* policy to never trust a scientist, isn’t it? So why would you in this matter?
Nah, he's not THAT stubborn, is he?

Oh dear. That’s because she won’t remember this for another year, right? But did he cut it short enough?
Let's hope.

He’d better not tell that to Lois though.
Honey! Perry said the funniest thing at work this morning...

Photos from their night at Chateau Robert?
Possibly. Had they finished that roll? Oh, dear.

So, you’ll keep playing with Penny?
Out of all of Jimmy's ex-girlfriends I liked her the most. So, yes.

Ooooooh look! The A-Ha moment!
Oh, look, Michael's not surprised!

To get home?
Uh... yes.

Did he just order Clark *and* Lois to get back to the Planet?
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, but you can't tell Clark.
Sheesh, I *was* writing Clark! /points to quotation marks/

Because that's so easy to plan.
Tie a rod to Superman's back. Have him carry you around during each thunder storm on the East Coast. Should not take more than a year or so.

The last time Sam and Ellen saw/met with Superman (that they can remember) was when they helped him recover from the Super virus.
Aaaahhh... Not during last Christmas? /doesn't remember Mxy details blush

Out of all of Jimmy's ex-girlfriends I liked her the most. So, yes.
Yeah, I have a soft spot for her, too, ever since... /fondly remembers the reading the fifth and sixth seasons in the Archive./ (Or it could be that she's a killer robot wink ) Nah, just kiddin'

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I have a soft spot for her, too, ever since... /fondly remembers the reading the fifth and sixth seasons in the Archive./ (Or it could be that she's a killer robot ) Nah, just kiddin'
Now, that I've finished Missing Lois, I'll have to take a look at those. <<still hoping someone will get me an e-reader for my birthday, since it was a no-show for Christmas frown >>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
frown How are you reading fanfic these days?

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
frown How are you reading fanfic these days?

Michael
On this board, mostly. And short stories only on the Archives. frown I'll probably cave soon and start downloading them onto my desktop, but it's kind of hard to carry around with me.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can see that (the carrying around-bit). Especially, the diesel generator and tank for the power goofy

So, no smartphone, then, just the desktop's browser?

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I can see that (the carrying around-bit). Especially, the diesel generator and tank for the power goofy

So, no smartphone, then, just the desktop's browser?

Michael
Didn't you know you were communitcating with someone from the 1990s? wink That's why I set all my stories here. I just jump into my space/time transporter, take myself to the 21 century, post my stories, and then return to my nice comfy home in the 20th century. Gee, I hope Y2K isn't going to be bad. I'm already stocking up for the apocolypse. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Ooooooooooh bay-bay, bay-bayy

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard