OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely delightful! hyper

The risk of pregnancy during the woman's flow is rather slim so other than being somewhat messy it should be relatively safe without the condom. evil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Absolutely delightful! hyper

The risk of pregnancy during the woman's flow is rather slim so other than being somewhat messy it should be relatively safe without the condom. evil
KenJ: You know that was lol with your H.G. Wells quote underneath. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
clap clap clap Great chapter!!!
She had taken him not to her folks’ house, but to the little diner in town. It had a huge “For Sale” sign in the window.

Lois had then turned to him and said, “Wouldn’t this be the perfect place for MJ’s Café to move to?”
Ooh, interesting. That would be a good little twist. And I'm sure they would like the move back to Smallville.
And then with those three little words, he had realized she had been right. He loved Metropolis, but his folks had never felt at home there. Sure, they competed with the big boys with their little café. He knew his Mom loved the museums, art galleries, and culture, but she hated the constant battle to survive. His Dad never had fit in. He preferred the farmer’s market to anything else in town.
Yes, Clark. Contrary to popular belief, the world doesn't revolve around you.
Clark had almost had a heart attack meeting her father.
Did Lois mention this was a bad idea? Can we reiterate so that Clark only has himself to blame for this?
Dr. Lane had looked Clark up and down. “So, you’re Superman?”

Clark’s jaw had dropped open.

“No, Daddy. This is Clark Kent,” Lois had giggled.
clap Oh, goodness! This chapter's just full of these funny little moments!
“You are welcome to stay and cuddle, Clark…”

His heart had practically exploded at these words.

“But don’t expect more than cuddling tonight.”
confused Does Ivy have the night off or something?
Clark carried the cordless phone into his bedroom and shut the door. His Mom didn’t need to hear his confession, “The condoms?”
laugh Yes, best not to shout that in front of Martha. Though she seems on to them...
“I met her folks tonight. Her Dad hates me.”

His Mom smiled. “He must know he has a serious contender for his daughter’s heart.”
Aaawwwww...
Lois glanced to see that Clark was still out of the room and lowered her voice more. “Cramps.”

Martha sympathized and cut her a huge piece of pie. “No wonder Clark came home tonight.” She laughed.
Ooooooohhhhhhhh. Suddenly I feel there's a lightbulb floating above my head. Yes, that can put a damper on things.
“You think you should eat Fudge Pie on an upset stomach?”

Lois put the full force of her disbelieving gaze on him.

Please tell me he’s not that naive.

Clark swallowed. “Oh.”
laugh Typical male. Completely ignorant and they press for more and then it hits them and they shut down.
Those aren’t his PJs, you silly
Yes, those are Clark's pj's. The only reason they're now his costume is that he happened to do some rescuing on a lazy day and hadn't bothered to change.
“Your first time wasn’t with that guy from college, was it? The one who got you fired from the student paper?” he inquired.
Buzzkill.....
“Me, too. He was a real jerk.”
Wait, did she come out there or Clark go back into her(his) room at some point? Am I missing something?
Clark chuckled. “Yes. All of the above. You’d be the most ultra woman of them all.” He grinned. “That’s who you are, my Ultra Woman.”
Aww. laugh Yes, that's awkward. Although there wouldn't be a creaky mattress in the air... devil
"We left the condoms at my place, didn’t we?” she stated more than asked.

Clark groaned as that realization splashed him like a dive in the Arctic. He lay down next to her. “Yeah.”
Well, Lois did ask why you wouldn't keep them here. No one to blame but yourself, Clark.
She giggled. “We’re doomed, Clark. What kind of future can a couple of junkies like us have?”
Aaaawwwww... a perfect ending to this chapter! Loved it all! And I actually spent time on commenting today (no classes and no casting! yay!), so that's a plus! Except I had to go back through and take out a bunch of gremlins... Anyways, can't wait for the next update!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

She had taken him not to her folks’ house, but to the little diner in town. It had a huge “For Sale” sign in the window.
Meesa smellin' rat.

“Wouldn’t this be the perfect place for MJ’s Café to move to?”
Oops, meeesa just stepping onto rat.

“MJ’s Café isn’t moving,” he had corrected her.
So, he's never sneezed in front of the premises?

“Sure it is,” she had told him. “If Lex Luthor wants to demolish the building where it’s currently located, it will have to move at some point.
Very practical, Lois. Very safe. Always pick the battles Clark can *win*. Like a fist fight before Lex discovers there's green rocks out there.

“My folks don’t want to move back to Smallville, Lois,” he had told her. “They love Metropolis.”
There's that.

“Do they, Clark?”
Twist alert!

“I just hate to think of Lex Luthor winning this one battle,” he had murmured.
Mmm-hm...
“You could always bunk with me until you got your feet on the ground.”
See? Lex won't win!

“But you only have the one bed which doubles as your couch,” he had playfully reminded her.
So, you've always been kind of floating around anyway.

Lois had kissed him and had said, “We could always share.”
Huh!

Clark had pulled her to him and said, “You win, Lois.”
Clark knows when he's been whipped.

“Oh, that’s not a pipe dream, Clark. That’s totally doable.”
It *is* a pipe dream. And Lois is certainly under the impression that Clark's doable.

“You’re turning off my gravity switch, Lois.”
laugh Nice euphemism.

She had laughed and said, “Then I’ll wait until we’re a little more private to tell you my pipe dream.”
Thought so.

Dr. Lane had looked Clark up and down. “So, you’re Superman?”
/does impression of cartoon character with eyes popping out, steam comping from ears, and a loud train-whistle screaming before jaw hits floor, cracking the concrete/

“Is that so?” Dr. Lane had said disbelievingly. “Come in. Come in. Ellen, Lois brought Superman home for dinner,” he had called to his wife.
Tsk Tsk Tsk

“Does he look anything like Superman to you, Sam? No!”
Yes. He's got a weak chin. His eyes are of an insipid mudbrown, instead of the vivid brown of Superman's. If you'd do a evolutionary study, then you'd see that Clark's clearly the before, and Superman the way, *way* after.

“We flew, Daddy. Superman gave us a lift on his way out west. He and Clark are good friends,” Lois had lied through her teeth.
That's quite close to the truth. But then, Lois doesn't have a any huge holes in her row of pearly whites.

“We flew, Daddy. Superman gave us a lift on his way out west. He and Clark are good friends,” Lois had lied through her teeth.
shock And nice qualification there at the end. Also noticed, he hasn't given up speed-dating the local housewives.

“Hey, you’re the one who wanted to meet them. I would have been just fine postponing that night for a few years.”
But wouldn't they *then* resent Clark for the missed wedding?

“Of course, he didn’t like you, Clark. You’re boinking his little girl.”
eek What did she *tell* them?

“I most certainly am not,” he had gasped.
Are you sure? From what Lois told about her and Kal and the beach and sand and cracks...

Take me home, Clark. I’m ready for some alone time with you.”
/cocks eyebrow/

“You are welcome to stay and cuddle, Clark…”
Big clue from Lois?

“But don’t expect more than cuddling tonight.”
shock I kind of expected it. And not expected it.

. “You had better go, Clark, before we do something neither of us are ready for.”
"But... But... But... I bought *condoms*!"

Before that was Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival, dedicated by Jason and the guys at the Discount Used Office Furniture Warehouse on Bessolo Boulevard.”
That's not good.

“Next up the rock ballad The Flame by Cheap Trick, dedicated by a group calling themselves The Toasters, who asked me to relay this message. ‘Stay off their turf and they’ll keep the flame away from your girl.’ Whoa! Not cool, man, to go after Superman’s bit of fluff.”
That's worse. Superman had best publicly shack up with Linda and Mayson. Maybe they're into threesomes?

“Radio? No. I wanted to tell you I found something in my bathroom cabinet as I was getting ready for bed and it kind of freaked me out.”
confused

“The condoms?”

“Yes!” she gasped.
*Really*, Clark?

“I bought them.”

“Thank goodness. I thought the burglars had come back…”
Lois sure takes it in stride. And she hasn't yet disposed of them!

“Clark, do you think they could be the ones behind all those fires in the Suicide Slum?” she asked.

“Lois, that’s not important…”
It *is*. Because little miss investigative reporter wannabe will soon end up in trouble.

“Yeah, I got the message,” Clark interrupted. “Lois, Superman is going to come get you and bring you to my place.”

“No!” Lois contested.
/nods/

“Then you come. You come and stay with me, Clark. Or you come and take me to your place. Superman cannot be seen here.”
shock Um... no. And *no*!

Lois glanced to see that Clark was still out of the room and lowered her voice more. “Cramps.”

Martha sympathized and cut her a huge piece of pie. “No wonder Clark came home tonight.” She laughed.
jawdrop And jawdrop And jawdrop

Oh, goodness! You hadn’t meant to tell Clark about your period.
Yes. And shouldn't he smell it. And start marking dates in the calender?

Lois darted her eyes at him and then back away. “Stomach cramps,” she murmured.

He nodded. “You think you should eat Fudge Pie on an upset stomach?”
To be fair. She's a woman. And he's a man. You can't really expect him to read subtext. It's like expecting Lex to do an honest deal.

With a glance towards his parents’ room, Clark lowered his voice some more, “Is that why…” He blushed and didn’t finish his sentence.
No, she's not ready?

She reached over and took his hand. “Yes.”
jawdrop

“Are you going to tell me why you’re hiding condoms at my place?” she asked, also keeping her voice low. If he could ask humiliating questions, so could she.
Preparations for the easteregg hunt for adults?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You know it won’t be my first time, Clark. I can wait until you’re comfortable,” she said, relishing his warmth as he washed the dishes with his arms surrounding her.

“Can you?” he whispered into her ear.
wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MouseRocks: Thanks for the great rotflol

Clark held her a moment later as she cried onto his shoulder.
This is Clark using super speed to rush to Lois's side. Obviously, I did not make it clear enough. blush Next time I will not assume people would infer that.

Well, Lois did ask why you wouldn't keep them here. No one to blame but yourself, Clark.
He doesn't, does he?

Aaaawwwww... a perfect ending to this chapter! Loved it all!
Thank you. blush laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Wow! Another two posts! I -- Thank you. huh I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Is Dr. Lane not the type of guy to read the tabloids while checking out at the grocery?

Yes. He's got a weak chin. His eyes are of an insipid mudbrown, instead of the vivid brown of Superman's. If you'd do a evolutionary study, then you'd see that Clark's clearly the before, and Superman the way, *way* after.
We know from which side of the family canon Lois got her blinders.

But wouldn't they *then* resent Clark for the missed wedding?
Right. And Lois wouldn't mind that in the least.

What did she *tell* them?
That she's dating a guy named Clark. Everything else is just assumptions.

I kind of expected it. And not expected it.
I'm so glad that I can still shock you with my predictability. laugh

"But... But... But... I bought *condoms*!"
huh

Was 'Ex-Breather' among them?
rotflol

That can't be a good reason for a first time.
It's better than "I didn't want to be the only virgin in Chess Club." laugh

Poor kids. Him with his volcanoes and earthquakes, her with her snakes.
I guess they're perfect for each other. love

Awwww. But I wonder what Martha's going to say...
How did you know that Martha was going to say something? See Part 28...

Yes. And Ken's quite right. OTOH, there's his invulnerability...
Yes... Plus, probably not best for his first time.

So, is she wearing teal and pink PJ's?
I always thought it was teal and lavender? And possibly. wink

Well, Clark can live off the sun. But Lois might get hungry in a while.
Thank you for going with the Gfic boards answer... laugh blush

/Also hopes about making do till next part's up/
Coming up as soon as I can get the kids to bed.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
quote: Clark held her a moment later as she cried onto his shoulder.

This is Clark using super speed to rush to Lois's side. Obviously, I did not make it clear enough. Next time I will not assume people would infer that.
Oooohhh. I got it now. blush A moment later. That's him wildguy into Lois' arms. Got it. Took a couple read-throughs, but makes sense now. Thanks!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is Clark using super speed to rush to Lois's side. Obviously, I did not make it clear enough. [Embarrassed] Next time I will not assume people would infer that.
Maybe a door-bang or something. It's clear when you know it, but a little hint that he moved would be nice. It's probably because they *aren't* in the same room already, and they're already having a conversation going, so it's too easy to get pulled out of blissful Suspension of Disbelief and wonder whether one of us missed something.

Wow! Another two posts! I -- Thank you.
blush blush

Yousa channeling Jar-Jar.
[Linked Image]

Since he doesn't really want to end up in jail for flattening anyone.
Only if they can find a body. Or witnesses.

I think this is the kind-of whipping he's been begging for.
Okay, why does this suddenly sound so dirty?

This Lois is planning ahead. She's trying to figure out a way to get Clark some more free time to spend with his girlfriend.
Very resourceful. And wise. And I still stand by what I said about Lois and dreaming about plumbers...

I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Is Dr. Lane not the type of guy to read the tabloids while checking out at the grocery?
But connecting a regular dressed guy with Superman? That *is* shocking huh

Right. And Lois wouldn't mind that in the least.
Now, that's just mean. The whole in-law thing is hard enough as it is.

Right. And THAT wouldn't tick off his real girlfriend.
/shrugs/ It's for a good cause. And she could even do the directing and the story writing for the candid tape. Plus hold the camcorder. If done right, it could set them up with a nicely, financially speaking.

Plus maybe it happened after eatting her Mom's cooking..
laugh

Why would she call any of those guys when she's ready to make love to Clark?
Sheez, *now* she's going to be picky?

I guess they're perfect for each other.
They are, aren't they? A match made in Times New Roman.

How did you know that Martha was going to say something?
/shrugs/ It was right there in your Word file for part 28?

Yes... Plus, probably not best for his first time.
He might get confused about the whole virginity thing?

Coming up as soon as I can get the kids to bed.
/You could always mention that 'Mommy needs some gratification'? wink

Michael, heading over to part 28 FDK now...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard