Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Where we left off in Part 26 ...

Clark grabbed a box and took it to the counter. The old man at the register gave him a ‘good for you’ grin and Clark flushed with embarrassment. He would never buy anything at this store again. He would always be known as the man who bought condoms. And he definitely could never go into this store with Lois. Then the old man would know with whom Clark had used the condoms. Superman’s girlfriend! Oh, God! What was he doing?

He handed the man his money and got his change and his purchase in a plain brown bag. Oh, why did he feel so dirty? It was natural. Wonderful, even. And yet, he felt like he needed a shower after that experience. No. He would never buy anything there again. He wouldn’t be able to show his face in there again. Next time he had to buy condoms, he would fly over to Gotham City.

Next time?

Clark smiled as he walked out of the store. He liked that thought.

An arm encircled his waist and the most beautiful woman in the world kissed his cheek. “Ready?”

Absolutely not!

Part 27

Thursday Night - Later

Thankfully, Lois hadn’t been ready either. Phew! Clark had always known this would be a big step, but as it loomed right in front of him it seemed huge. He had been so nervous on the drive to her place that Lois had noticed and had asked why he was so quiet.

It was probably best if the first time they made love wasn’t the day he met her parents, he mused. In preparation for that momentous occasion, he had gone home to change after returning his MDS truck. His bosses at MDS were going to start wondering why the truck had been returned so many hours after his last delivery. He had better not be late again tomorrow.

Clark had picked out a pair of khaki pants and his navy blue shirt he had worn on his first “date” with Lois.

After that, he had found Lois waiting for him at that little park in the center of Smallville, just as she had said she would. She had taken him not to her folks’ house, but to the little diner in town. It had a huge “For Sale” sign in the window.

Lois had then turned to him and said, “Wouldn’t this be the perfect place for MJ’s Café to move to?”

“MJ’s Café isn’t moving,” he had corrected her.

“Sure it is,” she had told him. “If Lex Luthor wants to demolish the building where it’s currently located, it will have to move at some point. You and I both know Lex Luthor always gets his way. Maybe we can work out a way for your parents to come back here.”

“My folks don’t want to move back to Smallville, Lois,” he had told her. “They love Metropolis.”

“Do they, Clark?”

And then with those three little words, he had realized she had been right. He loved Metropolis, but his folks had never felt at home there. Sure, they competed with the big boys with their little café. He knew his Mom loved the museums, art galleries, and culture, but she hated the constant battle to survive. His Dad never had fit in. He preferred the farmer’s market to anything else in town.

“I just hate to think of Lex Luthor winning this one battle,” he had murmured.

“Ah, this one battle perhaps, but not the war.” Lois’s arm around his waist had squeezed him. “Your parents would be happier here, I think. And Smallville could use a good place to eat. This place was only decent on its good days. People came more for Maisie’s hospitality than the food. Without her, it just went downhill,” she had told him.

“She’s done wonders for MJ’s Café. But it’s just a pipe dream, Lois. My folks are barely scratching by now. How could they afford to move back to Smallville and start anew? Where would they live?” Clark had shaken his head. “If they won the lottery perhaps...”

“I’ve got some ideas on that front,” Lois had said. “And once we get you out from under Luthor’s thumb, you’d be free to start living life for you. Your parents would like that.”

If they were going to play pipe dreams…

“What about me? Where would I live?” he had inquired, pulling her to his chest.

And then Lois had said the words that had given him the confidence to get out of the truck and buy those condoms later. “You could always bunk with me until you got your feet on the ground.”

“But you only have the one bed which doubles as your couch,” he had playfully reminded her.

Lois had kissed him and had said, “We could always share.”

Clark had pulled her to him and said, “You win, Lois.”

“Win?”

“Your pipe dream, Lois, sounds better than any I could think of,” he had told her.

Lois had gazed at him with that saucy look of hers and told him, “Oh, that’s not a pipe dream, Clark. That’s totally doable.”

He had pulled her closer and whispered, “You’re turning off my gravity switch, Lois.”

She had laughed and said, “Then I’ll wait until we’re a little more private to tell you my pipe dream.”

Clark sighed. That woman could not possibly make him happier.

Oh, yes, Kent, she can and she will… someday.

He grinned. Oh, yeah, he guessed she could.

Clark had almost had a heart attack meeting her father. Dr. Sam Lane had opened the front door of their simple Arts and Crafts home and smiled with delight at seeing his daughter and kissing her cheek. “Evening, Princess. What are you doing in town?”

Lois had wrapped her arm around Clark’s elbow and pulled him close. “My boyfriend wanted to meet you,” she had announced.

Thanks, Lois.

Dr. Lane had looked Clark up and down. “So, you’re Superman?”

Clark’s jaw had dropped open.

“No, Daddy. This is Clark Kent,” Lois had giggled.

Thanks again, Lois.

Dr. Lane was no idiot. Clark instantly had known where Lois got her smarts.

“Is that so?” Dr. Lane had said disbelievingly. “Come in. Come in. Ellen, Lois brought Superman home for dinner,” he had called to his wife.

That had been his heart attack moment.

Lois’s mother had been as petite as her father had been tall. She had come in and kissed each of Lois’s cheeks and then smacked her husband on the chest. “Don’t be ridiculous, Sam. Lois isn’t dating Superman. She’s dating a fellow named Clark.” Lois’s Mom had briefly shook his hand and then disappeared back into the kitchen, saying, “Does he look anything like Superman to you, Sam? No!

Dr. Lane had sneered at Clark suspiciously nonetheless and muttered, “Well, at least he’s got the good sense not to meet his girlfriend’s parents in tights.” As he had shut the front door, he had called to his wife, “Then how did they get to Smallville?”

“How should I know, Sam? Why don’t you ask them?” Ellen Lane had shouted back from the kitchen.

“How did you get here?” Dr. Lane had asked.

Flabbergasted, Clark had glanced at Lois.

She warned you not to visit her folks. You should have listened to your extremely smart girlfriend, Kent.

“We flew, Daddy. Superman gave us a lift on his way out west. He and Clark are good friends,” Lois had lied through her teeth.

Dr. Lane had pressed his lips together and crossed his arms. “Uh-huh.”

“Why don’t you fix them a drink, Sam?” Ellen Lane had yelled from the kitchen.

Clark had glanced at Lois. “Water would be just fine with me.” He didn’t need to be the cause for Lois’s Mom to get drunk. Unfortunately, alcohol had no effect on him.

“Water sounds great,” agreed Lois.

Dr. Lane had rolled his eyes and whispered to his daughter, “Your mother stopped drinking cold turkey since she saw that article you wrote in the Wichita Eagle on Monday. She said if her daughter could interview Superman, she could stop drinking. So, we’re a dry household at the moment.” Dr. Lane evidently hadn’t believed his wife’s newfound sobriety.

“Miracles never cease,” Lois had mumbled, clearly agreeing with her father.

And the evening had gone downhill from there. When they finally said they had to go two hours later, her father had inquired how the young couple would be getting back to Metropolis.

“Superman said he’d stop back by and pick us up, so we should really not keep him waiting,” Lois had replied, dragging Clark through the door with a wave.

They had walked three blocks before Clark had been able to speak again. “He really thinks I’m Superman,” he had stammered. “I don’t think he liked me.”

“Hey, you’re the one who wanted to meet them. I would have been just fine postponing that night for a few years.” Lois had groaned. “Of course, he didn’t like you, Clark. You’re boinking his little girl.”

“I most certainly am not,” he had gasped.

If you were going to be disliked for something, it should at least something of which you are guilty.

Lois had then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. “He doesn’t know you’re a gentleman, Clark. Even if you were Superman…” She had winked at him. “You still wouldn’t be good enough for his little girl. Take me home, Clark. I’m ready for some alone time with you.”

When they had finally gotten back to her apartment – after picking up his father’s truck, her stuff at Daily Books, and the condoms – Clark had been a nervous wreck. He hadn’t known how to make the first move or even if he should. Or if he should wait for an obvious clue from Lois. He decided on option number three and was ever so glad he had.

Lois had told him that she was going to get ready for bed. He had gulped. That had been it. The do-or-die moment.

“You are welcome to stay and cuddle, Clark…”

His heart had practically exploded at these words.

“But don’t expect more than cuddling tonight.”

Relief had flooded through him. He had never been so glad he had left the decision up to her.

As much as Clark loved Lois, he did not know how much of a gentleman he would be lying in a bed with her and he hadn’t wanted to take that risk. She had not been ready and God knew he wasn’t ready. His body didn’t always listen to reason though.

Clark had checked her place once more for bugs. It had been clean. And he kissed her goodnight. Actually, her goodnight kiss had switched off his gravity and had made him want to stay the night.

It was Lois who had brought them back to Earth. “You had better go, Clark, before we do something neither of us are ready for.”

He had nodded and had kissed her cheek once again, bowing to her wishes. As he had left, he checked for sleazy photographers but found none.

Oh, no. Why would they be there when Clark Kent was there? No, they only were around when Superman made middle of the night visits.

Clark still needed to clear his thoughts as he drove home in his Dad’s truck, so he turned on the radio.

“Howdy, all you Superman fans out there. It’s Lenny Stokes, The Soundman again. And that was Fly like an Eagle by the Steve Miller Band dedicated by some of your anonymous fans over at the Fort Truman Air Force Base. Before that was Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival, dedicated by Jason and the guys at the Discount Used Office Furniture Warehouse on Bessolo Boulevard.”

Clark’s brow furrowed. Bad Moon Rising? That didn’t sound positive, unless they meant Superman would save them from a ‘bad moon rising’. But for some reason he didn’t think that was the meaning they intended.

“Next up the rock ballad The Flame by Cheap Trick, dedicated by a group calling themselves The Toasters, who asked me to relay this message. ‘Stay off their turf and they’ll keep the flame away from your girl.’ Whoa! Not cool, man, to go after Superman’s bit of fluff.”

Clark turned off the radio. He had heard enough. He parked the truck and ran up the back stairs to the apartment he shared with his folks.

Before he even opened the door, he could hear his Mom on the phone, “He’s just coming in, Lois. Hold on.”

Clark grabbed the phone out of his Mom’s hand. “Sorry,” he quickly apologized. “Lois, did you just hear the radio?”

“Radio? No. I wanted to tell you I found something in my bathroom cabinet as I was getting ready for bed and it kind of freaked me out.”

Clark carried the cordless phone into his bedroom and shut the door. His Mom didn’t need to hear his confession, “The condoms?”

“Yes!” she gasped.

“I bought them.”

“Thank goodness. I thought the burglars had come back…”

Clark wished he was relaxed enough to chuckle at her jump in logic. “Lois, on the radio just now, a group of guys called the Toasters phoned in to Lenny Stoke’s Soundman show and threatened Superman’s girlfriend if he didn’t leave their turf alone.” He ran a hand through his hair. “I’m…”

“Clark, do you think they could be the ones behind all those fires in the Suicide Slum?” she asked.

“Lois, that’s not important…”

“Sure, it’s important, Clark. You’ve got a suspect in all those arson fires. You should definitely mention it to Henderson or whoever Superman mentions things like that to at the police. Oh, Henderson wanted you to drop off…”

“Yeah, I got the message,” Clark interrupted. “Lois, Superman is going to come get you and bring you to my place.”

“No!” Lois contested.

“No?” Clark was stunned. Didn’t she realize this was a viable threat on her life. “Lois, you are in grave danger. If anything…”

“Then you come. You come and stay with me, Clark. Or you come and take me to your place. Superman cannot be seen here.”

Clark exhaled in relief. “I’ll hop in the truck and be over in a few. Thank you, Lois, for keeping a clear head,” he said. “I don’t know what I’d do if something ever happened to you.”

“I love you, too, Cowboy. See you in a few,” she replied, hanging up.

Clark clicked off the phone and smiled.

You gotta love that woman, Kent. Here you were trying to protect her and she goes and protects you right back.

He sighed and returned the phone to his Mom.

“What’s the matter?” she asked, concern written all over her face.

“Some guys threatened Superman’s girlfriend on the radio,” he told her. “I’m heading back to pick her up.”

“Clark.” His Mom grabbed his arm. “We’ve got to get it out there that she’s Clark’s girlfriend, not Superman’s.”

“I’m trying, Mom. If you or Dad have any ideas, I’m open to them.” He sighed and then kissed her cheek. “I met her folks tonight. Her Dad hates me.”

His Mom smiled. “He must know he has a serious contender for his daughter’s heart.”

Clark smiled at his Mom and gave her a quick hug. She always knew just what to say.

A half-hour later, Lois and Clark returned to his parents’ apartment. Martha was still awake.

“Jonathan told me to tell you, you’re welcome here anytime,” Martha informed Lois as Clark put her things down in his room.

Lois smiled gratefully. “Thank you.” Then she leaned closer to Clark’s Mom and whispered, “I could really use some chocolate.”

“Nerves always give me the munchies, too,” Martha told her taking a deep, rich, chocolate pie with graham cracker crust and meringue topping out of the fridge.

Lois glanced to see that Clark was still out of the room and lowered her voice more. “Cramps.”

Martha sympathized and cut her a huge piece of pie. “No wonder Clark came home tonight.” She laughed.

“Martha!” Lois gasped. “He’ll hear you.”

Which only made his mother laugh harder. “Of course, he can hear me. He’s only in the next room. Lois, he can hear you at the bookstore from here if he tried. We tend not to have any secrets in this family,” Martha said, patting Lois on the arm.

Right. Super hearing. Good going there, Lane.

Lois bowed her hot face as Clark returned into the room.

Oh, goodness! You hadn’t meant to tell Clark about your period.

“Mmmm. That looks good. Can I have a slice?” Clark said, thankfully not responding to their whispered conversation.

Martha raised a brow at her son.

“And I can get it myself. Milk, Lois?” he asked.

“Thank you,” she murmured, hiding her face under her hair, unable to look at him.

Martha kissed Clark’s cheek. “I’m off to bed. See you kids in the morning.”

“Night, Mom. Thanks.”

“G’night, Martha,” Lois said with her mouth full of pie.

After Martha had shut her bedroom door, Clark sat down next to Lois. She still couldn’t look at him.

“Not feeling well?” he asked softly.

Lois darted her eyes at him and then back away. “Stomach cramps,” she murmured.

He nodded. “You think you should eat Fudge Pie on an upset stomach?”

Lois put the full force of her disbelieving gaze on him.

Please tell me he’s not that naive.

Clark swallowed. “Oh.”

Phew!

With a glance towards his parents’ room, Clark lowered his voice some more, “Is that why…” He blushed and didn’t finish his sentence.

She reached over and took his hand. “Yes.”

He nodded again.

“Are you going to tell me why you’re hiding condoms at my place?” she asked, also keeping her voice low. If he could ask humiliating questions, so could she.

“Well, I’m certainly not going to be using them here!” he stammered with a slight nervous grin.

Lois tried not to giggle at his embarrassment. “That’s true. Although with my place being stalked by criminals and the tabloids at the moment, it’s probably not the best place either.”

He gulped but did not reply.

Lois stood up and kissed his cheek. “We’ve got at least a week to find someplace better. There’s no rush.” She placed her dishes in the sink.

Clark came up behind her and put his dishes in the sink as well. “No pressure there,” he murmured.

“You know it won’t be my first time, Clark. I can wait until you’re comfortable,” she said, relishing his warmth as he washed the dishes with his arms surrounding her.

“Can you?” he whispered into her ear.

Lois’s knees turned to jelly.

Oh, God, no!

“Trust me, Clark. You’ll be the first one to know when I can no longer wait,” she replied hoarsely, pushing out of his arms and running into his bedroom to grab her overnight bag, before heading into the bathroom.

When she returned to his room, her PJs on and teeth brushed, Clark was waiting on his bed, wearing his Superman suit.

“Is it my turn for the couch?” she teased.

Those aren’t his PJs, you silly.

Superman stood up and moved away from the bed. “I was going to fly out to speak with someone at the police station about the threat against you.”

Lois climbed into his bed and raised a brow. “Dressed like that? It doesn’t really shout ‘she’s not my girlfriend’.”

Superman sighed, yet continued to stand there awkwardly.

“Was there something else, Clark?”

He nodded. “Someone activated the globe last night.”

Lois opened her arms and he sat down beside her, letting her hold him. “How do you know?”

“The night you activated the sphere – the night we first kissed – I saw a bright light and the images and Jor-El’s voice…” Superman told her.

“Jor-El?”

“My birth father. The woman Lara is my mother,” he confessed.

“This was told to you in the first message, the part before I woke up?” she asked.

“Yes.”

You always knew he was holding something back. Not anymore. Love this new man.

“What did this latest message say?” Lois inquired, running her fingers through his hair.

“That the globe would navigate the hyperlight drives – for the spaceship – and that they were sending me to Earth,” he said.

“So it was no mistake that you came here?”

“No.”

“And whoever has the globe knows that you came to Earth as a baby as well?” Lois murmured.

“Yes, and that I’m alone.” Superman sighed.

“You are not alone, Clark.” Lois held him tighter. “You have your parents and Perry.”

He glanced up at her and his gaze was so intense that her heart began to race.

Didn’t you forget someone in that list, Lois?

A hint of a smile crept to the edge of her mouth. “Do I need to even say it?”

Superman cupped her jaw with his hand, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

Me! Me! Oh, me, too! Yes. Yes. Me! Me! Me! You’ve got me, babe!

“Since the globe and you have a connection, do you think if it got activated again you could track it, home in on its location, its power?” she asked.

Superman pulled back and looked at her eye to eye. “Maybe. Possibly.” A satisfied smile grew on his face. “Yeah. I think so.” He placed another gentle kiss on her lips. “Goodnight, Lois.”

“Goodnight, Kal-El.” Then Lois gasped, covering her mouth and looking around quickly. “You don’t think that Clark saw us, do you? He gets awful jealous.”

Clark’s grin reached his eyes. “Minx.” As he floated off of the bed, she blew him a kiss. He did a fancy swirl in the air as he caught it, before disappearing.

Lois settled down into Clark’s bed, happy to have his scent surround her, yet wishing she had the man with her instead.

Lois woke up several hours later to find a human shaped shadow in the room.

She gasped and Clark was instantly by her side, apologizing, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I just forgot to get my PJs earlier.”

You can wake me up anytime, anyplace, big boy.

“It’s okay, Clark. What did the police say?” she asked, sitting up and wiping the sleep from her eyes.

“I decided that you were right and didn’t mention the direct threat against you, only the part where the Toasters should be suspects in those fires I’ve been fighting in the old Hob’s Bay. I bumped into Henderson as I was leaving. He said that they had been getting calls to the station all night about people worried about your safety. He told Superman to tell Clark that the police were now keeping an eye on your building,” Clark said, running his hand over her hair. “I’m grateful to the boys in blue.”

I prefer my protection in the form of red, blue, and yellow.

“I’m sure Mayson is, too,” Lois admitted wryly. “And it’s nice to know that Officer Henderson at least knows I’m your girlfriend, not Big Blue’s.”

He pressed his lips together. “One down, ten plus million left to go.” He went to stand up, but didn’t.

“Was there something else?”

I know. He wants to sleep with you. Say yes.

“No.” Clark stood up. “Yes.” He sat back down, taking hold of both of her hands.

See, I told you.

“Your first time wasn’t with that guy from college, was it? The one who got you fired from the student paper?” he inquired.

Oh, no. He did not just go there!

Lois’s eyes opened wide as she stared at Clark.

He stood up as she glowered at him. “Never mind,” he stammered. “It wasn’t important. Goodnight, Lois.” He super sped out the door, shutting it behind him.

Tears welled up in Lois’s eyes.

Why couldn’t he have just kissed you and held you and loved you? Why did he have to bring up those old memories? Why? Why? Why?

“No, Clark,” Lois murmured. “That… that was my second time.”

Clark sat down on the couch and buried his head in his hands.

How could you have been so insensitive, Kent?

Lois was being so kind and caring and patient with him, he just thought that maybe something horrible had happened during her first time.

“No, Clark,” he heard her whisper from the other room. “That… that was my second time.” He could hear her barely constrained tears.

“I’m sorry,” he replied, hopefully loud enough for her to hear.

“Me, too. He was a real jerk.”

Jerk was the kindest of the words bouncing around in his head to describe that guy.

Lois sighed. “I’m not an Ice Queen, you know.”

His head snapped up.

Isn’t that what Jimmy said Claude and Cat had called her?

“I never thought you were, Lois,” he replied.

“I told Linda once, before she double crossed me, back when I thought she was my friend. I told her about my…” Lois took a deep breath. “My first time. She’s the one who nicknamed me the Ice Queen.”

Kent, you’re about to find out why you crossed a line by giving Linda an interview.

“Because he died.”

Clark winced. That was what she hadn’t told Lana. What she hadn’t wanted to tell him earlier.

Pete.

“He was in such a horrible place after Lana dumped him. Depressed. Alone. I gave myself to him, not because I loved him for more than a friend, but because I wanted to heal his fragile ego… I wanted my friend back, not this shell of a man that remained after she had dumped him.”

Clark focused on the closed bedroom door, willing himself not to look through it.

You don’t really want to know this, do you, Kent?

No, he didn’t. But it happened a long time ago. It was Lois’s ancient history. He was her future. And he couldn’t stop listening if he tried.

“Only afterwards, I realized I did care for him. I did love him for more than a friend. I was supposed to go on that camping trip with him. Only my father found out at the last minute and forbade me to go. I snuck out and went to Pete anyway. I came back home late that night so my father wouldn’t know. Then the next day when I returned, I found… found…”

Clark held her a moment later as she cried onto his shoulder.

“I had always blamed Lana for his death, but I knew… it was my fault. He died because I didn’t stay. I killed him. Me!”

“You didn’t kill him, Lois,” he whispered.

“Sure, I did,” she sobbed. “If I had been there I could have done something; I could have saved him.”

A chill went down Clark’s spine. Those words sounded familiar. “Trust me, Lois, when I tell you that it wasn’t your fault. Just because you cannot rescue someone who dies doesn’t put their death in your hands.” He kissed the top of her head.

“But it feels that way,” she told him.

“Yes,” he agreed. “It sure does.”

Lois scooted away from him and, for a moment, he thought she was distancing herself from him. Then he realized she was only making room for him on the bed.

With care Clark lay down next to her, holding her in his arms. It felt right. Comfortable, yet not sexual. Just tender, loving. Right.

Clark thought Lois was falling asleep when she spoke again. “It must be difficult, this life you’ve chosen for yourself.”

“It can be. At times,” he replied, running a hand over her hair. “And it chose me more than I chose it. I feel I was given these abilities for a reason and that reason must have been to help. I can’t stand around and know I can help and then not help. That’s just not who I am.”

“Exactly,” she agreed, her arm draped over his waist giving him a hug.

He tilted her chin so he could see her face. “What do you mean?”

“It’s who you are, Clark. You cannot stop yourself from helping.” Lois gave him a little smile. “Someone else given these abilities would turn to crime. They would use the abilities to improve their own life. You are Superman, not only because you can do super things, but because you yourself are super.”

Gazing into her eyes, Clark saw no humor, just love. He lowered his lips to hers and kissed her. He made it a soft, tender kiss, knowing that it could easily turn to more. She had already told him ‘not tonight’ and he had left the precautions back at her place.

For the first time in his life, he felt no nerves, no qualms about making love, especially to this super woman in his arms. He knew when the time was right for both of them he would have no fear about making love. “You’re pretty special yourself, Superwoman.”

Lois laughed. “I am not Superwoman.”

“No? I think if you had my powers, you’d be super, too,” he replied.

“No,” she said, snuggling against him. “Terrific. Wonderful. Gorgeous. Stupendous maybe. But not super.”

Clark chuckled. “Yes. All of the above. You’d be the most ultra woman of them all.” He grinned. “That’s who you are, my Ultra Woman.”

“Ugh. That’s just awful, Clark,” she groaned with a hint of laughter. She reached up and pulled his head to hers. There was something in that kiss that set him on fire. He opened his eyes and saw the same desire in her eyes. They came together and kissed again.

Her fingers danced across his tummy causing a sensation he had once heard described as butterflies, but had never felt until now. His hand slid under her shirt and up her bare back, where her bra usually would stop him.

That’s right, Kent. No bra. She’s just in shorts and a t-shirt. Ready for bed.

Clark pulled Lois closer. The feel of her bare skin against his hand sent shivers dancing up his arm and to all his extremities. It no longer felt like they were in bed, but floating on a cloud.

When Lois took off his shirt, Clark knew he should stop them, but then she had started kissing his chest and he found he could not. Normally, he could hold his breath for approximately twenty minutes. He had now found an exception. When Lois touched him that time dwindled down to around twenty seconds. His heart beat faster than he ever remembered it beating before. In anticipation maybe. In pleasure without a doubt.

It was only when she started to remove her own shirt that Clark remembered where they were. Well, not exactly where they were.

“Lois,” he murmured, lowering her shirt back down.

“Mmmm,” she responded, still kissing him.

“If you take off your shirt, I won’t be able to stop,” he warned her.

“Then don’t stop,” she whispered between kisses.

Oh, God, she is making this difficult.

Clark cleared his throat and tried again. “Lois, I love you…”

“And I love you, Clark,” she replied, kissing down his neck.

“Lois, believe me, I would like nothing more than to make love to you right now…” he said, his willpower quickly dissolving as her hand slid up his leg.

“So, make love to me,” Lois said, pressing her lips to his again. Her tongue became entangled with his.

“Oh, God, I wish we could, Lois,” he moaned, not being able to stop himself from kissing her.

She pulled back and gazed at him. “Why can’t we, Clark? We’re both adults.”

Clark grimaced as his face flushed. “My parents are in the next room, Lois.”

Her eyes opened wide and she started to giggle. “You’re right, Clark.” Lois looked so sweet and innocent and charming as she bit her swollen bottom lip that her next words took him by surprise, “Unless we are really, really quiet.”

She wrapped her legs around him pulling him back up to her and he came willingly. Who needed a big bed when they had the whole ceiling?

“Clark,” she murmured as he went to remove her shirt, his fingers roaming over her skin.

“Mmmm,” he replied between kisses.

“We left the condoms at my place, didn’t we?” she stated more than asked.

Clark groaned as that realization splashed him like a dive in the Arctic. He lay down next to her. “Yeah.”

She curled up into the crook of his arm. “When we get the timing right, Clark, this is going to be fantastic.”

He kissed her head. “Oh yeah.”

She was quiet for a few minutes as they snuggled.

“Clark?”

“Hmmm?”

“Are we lying on the ceiling?” she asked gently.

“A bit,” he admitted.

Lois held on a little tighter to him. “That’s new.”

“Hmmm,” he replied, not knowing exactly how to reply.

“Do you sleep on the ceiling a lot?” Her question sounded cautious, wary.

“No. But it’s quite comfortable. I could get used to it,” he teased, rolling back on top of her. Slowly, he floated them back down to the twin bed, Lois now lying on his chest.

“You better be careful, Clark,” she said, cuddling against him again.

“Why’s that?”

“I’m becoming completely addicted to you,” Lois replied.

“I’m already addicted to you, Lois.”

She giggled. “We’re doomed, Clark. What kind of future can a couple of junkies like us have?”

A multitude of images flashed through Clark’s mind, all of them good. He sighed as his arms held her to him and a satisfied smile crept onto his face. “We’ll make do, Lois. We’ll make do.”

*** End of Part 27 ***

Part 28

Fly Like an Eagle written by Steve Miller and Steve McCarty, performed by the Steve Miller Band

Bad Moon Rising written by John Fogerty, performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival

The Flame written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Graham, performed by Cheap Trick

The “deep, rich, chocolate pie with graham cracker crust and meringue topping” is actually “Old-Time Chocolate Meringue Pie” from Patty Pinner’s book Sweetie Pies , pg 150 – I usually substitute a graham cracker crust for the dough crust she calls for, though. Rich, sinful, delicious. -- If you like to bake pies, this book is a MUST HAVE.

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.