Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, here it is... this story is almost completely written -- I have nine parts done, so anything after that will be part ten. I wasn't sure whether I should post before Thanksgiving or not, since a lot of people travel, visit, etc. But then I thought I shouldn't be America-centric goofy

That this story exists at all is due to Kathy Brown, who nagged and begged so nicely, and then turned out to be an incredible, essential, brilliant beta-reader smile

I also owe quite a lot to Claire Hess, who does a great job keeping me on track.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam, I've been eagerly waiting for this story since I... smile ! I love the dinner and how Lois and Clark have only been dating a few hours, but are so comfortable together.

laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
What is this with posting dinner date stories at dinner time when I'm starving and have no food in the house.

It's just not fair.

Tank (who is confident that Pam will be able to bring some whams into the story shortly... right?)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes! It's J time!

This is great. goofy

And we can expect part 2 when, exactly?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. smile1

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I read all three tonight and loved all of them. Great job, more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam,
great beginning
glad you're posting another story
merry

Merriwether
Merriwether
You're posting! Wow, you said you were going to start soon but I didn't realize it would be this soon. Woo hoo! Everyone, you're in for a treat! smile1

That this story exists at all is due to Kathy Brown, who nagged and begged so nicely, and then turned out to be an incredible, essential, brilliant beta-reader
Awww, thank you! I may cry ... but not before I slip you an extra twenty for saying so. wink

And yes, you know I've been doing backflips of joy ever since I started reading so I'm thrilled that everyone gets to read it now. smile

Kathy

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great start, Pam! Things are looking very promising. Lois is getting used to the idea of dating Clark, and promising that there will be more dates in the future! Yay!

And there was a Superman interruption, which she didn't mind. Knowing that Clark was worried about Superman interfering with their relationship, Lois put his mind at ease with a bit of humor and even a bit of flattery.

Where do we go from here, now? Will this be an EOD posting schedule? More soon!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, I'm going with an every other day posting schedule. As for where we're going from here... read and find out smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hooray! It's great to see this little altverse continuing. smile

I loved Clark's ecstatic flying at the beginning, and his frantic rundown of restaurants all over the world that finally settled with a nice beginning right in Metropolist. Take it slow, Clark. Lois responds best that way. smile

I will mention that Clark's jocularity at the end of the section seemed a bit off to me. It didn't seem to fit with the general feel of the mood. But perhaps it will make more sense when joined with the next section...? laugh

Hazel, who, like Clark, is not above subtle hints wink

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Yay!!!! Just plain ole, Yay!! party

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY! You're posting at last!! goofy And then Lois's nervousness was very fitting. Loved her thought about finding a back way to getting to know Superman! wink

Lovely, lovely dinner date! And go Lois with her comment about why they were still in Metropolis! I see she's a little nervous about meeting Clark's parents... now, why do I think that she's going to be doing just that before very much longer? wink

Just a couple of very tiny nitpicks:

Eventually, he calmed down enough to begin thinking about practicalities. Lois wanted him to take her to dinner, so that's what he would do.
You have a tense switch in here; 'that's' should of course be 'that was'. For some reason, that seems to be quite a common error; I'm forever noticing it when GEing.

This just felt a little odd...
If it hadn't been for Toni Taylor, they might even have ended up getting a motel room. But then she'd discovered he was Superman -- and since then, she'd backed off somewhat.
Why would they have got a motel room? They were in Metropolis, so if they'd wanted to make love, why not go to his or her apartment? The idea of getting a motel room... maybe it's just me, but it feels kind of seedy. frown And not the kind of thing Clark would want to do, never mind Lois. But, as I said, maybe it's just me! huh

Waiting for Part 2 now!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
smile1 Pam, chiming in to say that I'm SO glad to see you posting the next part to the series. Don't worry about not starting at the letter "A" - you can always work your way back to it after you've finished the remaining letters of the alphabet... dizzy

Loved Clark's euphoria at the beginning of the story, loved the date, *loved* this...

"Lo-is," he said gently. He hesitated, not knowing how much he should say. "This is going to work out. Just give me a chance, okay?"
But with another 9 parts to go, presumably not all is going to go smoothly. How nervous do I need to be here?

Looking forward to more...
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Pam -

I read this late last night and am just now getting time to post fdk. Great start. I haven't read the other two stories, but I certainly will check them out because this one hints at some exciting goings-on that I missed.

I did like that Clark decided not to go crazy with taking Lois far from home - keep it simple for a little while so as not to overwhelm her with the Superman abilities.

Can't wait to see how this progresses. smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, comments! smile1

Thanks everyone -- there are some questions here I want to answer, so I'll just answer everyone but this does *not* mean that I'm posting the next part right away - it'll probably be Tuesday afternoon - or that people should put off posting comments.

Laura, they're getting along great, aren't they? At least in public wink

Tank, I deeply regret having caused you any hunger pangs. Re: upcoming WHAMs I plead the fifth.

Rivka, it took me a while to realize that was what I was doing <g> But the thing I love about this universe is the way everything's skewed a little (or a lot) from what we saw on tv...

More soon, Maria, Laura & Merry! smile

KathyB... only a twenty???? I thought we'd agreed on fifty for this one... goofy

Roger, I'm glad you appreciated the humor; I like sprinkling funny bits in amongst everything else. And I like it even more when people notice them laugh

Hazel, he was a little giddy at that point -- and that was a reference back to the end of Illusions. I'll have a look at smoothing that out.

LOL, Sherry, good to know you're still alive!

Yeah, Jose, I wonder how things might go from here... well, the dinner's over, but that may or may not be the end of the evening.

lol, Wendy, yes, introspection can be fun, and in this case it's also the best way I could think of to get in all that exposition! Thanks for pointing those two things out, I've fixed them both in my file.

KathyM, well, I suppose I *might* end up cycling back to A... but at the rate I'm writing them, that one won't come out until about 2012 :p

What's there to be nervous about? It's just a sweet little WAFFy tale... what could possibly go wrong? laugh (No suggestions, Tank!)

Lynn, yeah, this story will make more sense if you've read the first two! The two of them together aren't as long as this one, though, so it shouldn't be that much trouble.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!! More of the alphabet series! smile1

What a wonderful date. And who would have expected Clark to be juvenile in his youth? wink I'm looking forward to more of this. And I agree with Tank, we really have to get whams! laugh

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Well, I can do without the WHAM's, and this was full of nice touches. Looking forward to more.

--
Jeff
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

This is wonderful. smile1

Lois and Clark's introspection at the start is excellent. thumbsup Their conversation at dinner is great. I love Lois's acceptance of Clark's departure.

I'm looking forward to reading the next part. smile

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard