Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 13...

Throwing a couple logs into the fireplace in the living room, Clark zapped them with his heat vision and sat down on the sofa to wait. He hoped Ultra Woman returned from Kal’s dimension soon. He felt like holding someone. She was the one person who never made him feel alone. He watched the flames dance, bobbing to and fro, moving this way and that. A tear dripped down his cheek.

Clark loved that baby more than he thought he could ever love another person. He swallowed. Giving Lara up, returning her to her proper Dad, tugged at his soul. He would miss hearing her call to him, call to Daddy, actually. She had never understood Uncle Super. It hadn’t made sense to her. He had always been Daddy. She had known him since six weeks after she had been conceived.

Would she understand that these people who looked like the people she had lived with since birth, were her parents? Would she accept Kal as her father, even though his soul wasn’t quite the same as Clark’s? Kal would know the instant he met her who she was. Would Kal understand how Lara came to be? He was going to be confused, Clark was sure. If unexpectedly a baby arrived on his doorstep who could telepathically summon him… And who called him Daddy, it might freak him out… but that bond. Kal was sure to feel it. If Clark had felt it with Kal’s child, how strong must it be for Kal himself?
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 09:04 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love how Lois sent the message through Lara. She still seems off balance. I hope she gets to go home soon.

Interesting thought in your teaser that Lara might not recognize her real dad.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
“Next time don’t send a message through someone who’s pre-verbal, Mommy.”
Please, pray tell ol' Supes ol' buddy, how she was supposed to do that? laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you for you comments. I always thought a little telepathy would be good for the Kent family. You know with all the times that Lois gets kidnapped. laugh Just wanted to show the potential. Edited for possible spoilage

Dandello: Glad you liked Superman's joke. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And that’s four. I’m guessing I’ll get chapter 7 done today goofy Lex: “Not *again*!”

Taking the nutcracker, Lois cracked a nut and ate the meat. She dropped the shell on the floor.
Ooooh, nutcracker. Can she show him some more tricks?

She looked at the back of her hand, bored with this conversation already.
Wow. She’s a bit out of it, isn’t she?

“My husband will show up eventually to pick me up.”
Uuuuuuhhh… Think it’s working a bit. Which would mean that deep down, Lex bores her laugh

“You really are starting to bore me with your lack of intelligence.”
clap

Lois pulled a gun out from her back waistband, pointing it at him. “I’m surprised you didn’t frisk me.”
thud

“You want to shoot me? Why would you want to kill me? I haven’t done anything to you.” He slowly started to raise his hands.
Umm… And… target practice?

“You’d be surprised what you’ve done to me, Lex.” She tilted her head at him. “After all these years I’ve finally have you in my sights. The lies, the kidnappings, the torture, the deceptions, the pain; I could just pull the trigger and wipe them all away. It’d make everybody’s lives so much easier, too. You and your boys have a way of creeping into my life and ruining it, every time I’m starting to get happy. No more.”
Lex: Oh great. She *is* insane. Why do I always get the insane women?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex gulped. “Are you sure you aren’t my wife?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Phew. Caught up. Then I can shower, get dressed, and get back to working on the Archive version.

And that’s four. I’m guessing I’ll get chapter 7 done today
clap Thank you, Michael. But you are allowed a moment or two to breathe during your vacation. wink

More important that spying on his girlfriend?
He can always pick her brain later. clap

Ooooh, nutcracker. Can she show him some more tricks?
Wrong Lois. She's in GEM.

Wow. She’s a bit out of it, isn’t she?
A bit.

Think it’s working a bit. Which would mean that deep down, Lex bores her
clap That honeymoon between Lex and Lois seeming more boring now, isn't it? "Honey, let's go to bed." "Go ahead, Lex, I just want to finish this article on string theory. I don't understand any of it, but I'm sure if I read it all night, something might sink in."

And… target practice?
So, she has to shoot him more than once!

Lex: Oh great. She *is* insane. Why do I always get the insane women?
You make them so?
or
They're the kind you attract.

So, better not mess with the insane woman pointing a gun at you?
He doesn't think she'll actually shoot him.

Does he have green stones?
Nope.

/waits for Lois to shoot him between the legs.
Maybe if she aims for his head, she'll miss.

Is he going to make a mess?
Tempting. But he's cool cucumber Lex.

Why?
Basically.

/Tempus voice/ Oh great. The boy scout’s here.
Yep. Well, she did call him.

Great. You broke her. Again.
Gee, I hope that doesn't mean he bought her and has to send UW home with Lara.

They really need the butler to serve it, though.
What? I can't save some characters for our next visit to alt-world?

Oooooh! Is she going to play with them?
evil

wallbash
Just one more part and Season 5 is done. Then you can wait three months during the summer hiatus for Season 6... oh, dear... is that spoilage?... never mind.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Phew. Caught up. Then I can shower, get dressed, and get back to working on the Archive version.
Umm.../bites lip nervously/

Thank you, Michael. But you are allowed a moment or two to breathe during your vacation.
Oh? You're telling me this *now*? After you kind of addicted me?

He can always pick her brain later.
And here I was thinking, Ultra Woman would have a great time, listening in to his dreams. razz

Michael wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Oh? You're telling me this *now*? After you kind of addicted me?
razz </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't you remember that feeling back when you watched live TV? Oh, wait, I forgot, some people still torture themselves with live TV.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, sorry, had something else in mind. (PS: if Bubba looks anything like Princess Leia...)
Oops. I *meant* new *husband* (see above blush ). And from the looks, he's more the Jabba type wink

Yeah. And three months is nothing, actually. There've been the six months between Statgate seasons, 3 years between Star Wars movies, 6 years between Song of Ice and Fire novels...

dizzy Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
No, sorry, had something else in mind. (PS: if Bubba looks anything like Princess Leia...)
Oops. I *meant* new *husband* (see above blush ). And from the looks, he's more the Jabba type wink

Yeah. And three months is nothing, actually. There've been the six months between Statgate seasons, 3 years between Star Wars movies, 6 years between Song of Ice and Fire novels...

dizzy Michael
I was referring to the cellblock AA-38 reference.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*G*

Michael, who now heads off to do FDK 8/1 blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard