Print Thread
#822 05/04/03 12:53 PM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Not many changes in this section, just the fact that it's earlier in the story. It's probably my favorite part of the story, since it's all based on the time I spent as an intern in DC. It's all pretty accurate, so anyone who's never been to DC has now been there virtually. <G> Also, the random trivia is all true. I played on one of the softball teams that played on the Mall and Clark's story about getting lost in the tunnels happened to a friend of mine who was interning for Dennis Hastert at the time. Anyway, I hope you had half as much fun reading this part as I had writing it. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#823 05/04/03 01:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A blast from the past... I was remembering my own moonlight tour of the monuments. Not, unfortunately, with such a hot tour guide wink

He nuzzled his cheek against her hair and his breath felt warm against her
skin. “If you turn right again … you’re back where you came from.”

“But we don’t want to go back...do we?” she asked quietly.

Clark grip around her waist tightened, and she felt him take a deep breath. “No. We don’t want to go back.”

“So show me what’s next,” she said softly.
I *love* this sequence. Lots of unspoken stuff going on there. smile

Clark’s eyes dropped automatically to her legs, then returned swiftly to her face. He looked away, starting to blush, and Lois could help but grin. The eternal boyscout. If she caught anyone else checking out her legs she probably use them to give them a swift kick, but Clark.... Well, for some ridiculous reason, she found herself wishing she was wearing a skirt. A short skirt.
lol! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#824 05/04/03 01:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! smile1 Yes!!!

“I don’t know,” Clark said, obviously torn. “You’re right, I don’t really want to room with him, but I feel like I should tell him to go somewhere else, rather than inconveniencing you.”

“Yeah,” she sighed. “But is it really worth it to create a scene? I mean, do you really want to confront Paul and throw him out of the room?”

For a second it looked like Clark was sorely tempted to do just that. “Clark?”

“You’re right. I know. Okay, I’ll go over there and change, and when I come back, I’ll bring my stuff. I doubt Paul will even know I’m gone.”
drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#825 05/04/03 02:54 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this part Annie, I could actually see all the memorials as Clark described them.

Very sweet, can't wait for part 5! hyper

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#826 05/04/03 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it the forst time and the second time was even better. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#827 05/04/03 03:21 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie,

Oh, Clark is so cute here! I can sense how much he wants to rip Paul apart (heck, I want to rip Paul apart)! I love how attentive Clark is to whenever Lois seems cold - so, well, Clark smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#828 05/04/03 05:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“And if I turn right again?” she asked quietly.

He nuzzled his cheek against her hair and his breath felt warm against her
skin. “If you turn right again … you’re back where you came from.”

Clark grip around her waist tightened, and she felt him take a deep breath. “No. We don’t want to go back.”
smile1 I love this part! The double meaning is soooo sweet (assuming that you really did intend that extra layer of...unspokeness [I probably just made up a new word there lol])

Keep it coming! thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#829 05/04/03 06:06 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm really enjoying this, even if I don't post feedback for every part. Please hurry with the next one!

Melisma (rubbing her growling stomach here under her Rock - lunch time!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#830 05/04/03 10:31 PM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Yes, you're right--it flows beautifully this way. smile

I don't suppose anyone has an inkling of what's right in front of them, now? (I mean besides Lincoln.) They've got to get a clue before part 8!!!

More and soon,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#831 05/04/03 10:59 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

I love this part. smile1

Im really looking forward to the next part.

Tricia cool

#832 05/04/03 11:06 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yeh, now that I think about it - vaguely remember visiting DC back in, oh, about grade 9 (?) with my parents and sister. But we didn't see half the stuff LnC just did, although we did see the Washington Cathedral, because I remember begging and pleading for them to take me - but it was closed for some reason so all we did was drive past. Now you make me wanna go again, and see all the stuff we missed...

Melisma (under her Rock, planning where she wants to go when she wins the lottery...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#833 05/05/03 03:46 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
laugh I totally agree with what everyone else said. This is probably my favorite part too. The tour at dusk makes the whole thing more intimate and they can't seem to keep their hands off one another!
Truly love the double meaning in this part:

Post soon!
~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#834 05/05/03 05:40 PM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks so much for all the wonderful feedback. This is definitely one of my favorite parts of this story. I had so much fun writing it. I'm glad you all felt like you could envision the tour, whether you've been there or not. DC is one of my all-time favorite cities, and the year I spent there was one of the best of my life.

A blast from the past... I was remembering my own moonlight tour of the monuments. Not, unfortunately, with such a hot tour guide
LOL! Yeah, Clark doensn't come with the standard tour.

Hey, I don't have a problem with kick him out of the room or the hotel.
LOL!!

I love this part! The double meaning is soooo sweet (assuming that you really did intend that extra layer of...unspokeness
Yes, definitely intentional. I'm glad everyone loved this part. It's definitely a line that just popped out at me. I was envisioning what they would see if they were standing there rotating in a circle. (Something I've done many times) and I realized that when you keep going, you end up right at the beginning. And I knew I had to use that.

Thanks again,
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard