Missing Lois - TOC

Story Notes: This story is mostly set in alt-dimension, although visits to the canon dimension do happen from time-to-time and more regularly during this chapter.
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted (such as when we are in the canon dimension, then 'Clark' is canon Clark)
- Lucy El = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark, aka alt-Lois's secret identity
- Kal = Lucy El's husband's name, or what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark
- Lois = canon Lois (again); unless we're in canon dimension, then Lois could be referring to the substitute Lois borrowed from canon Lois's pre-amnesia time to fill in for canon Lois while she was in alt-dimension; or the ‘deceased’ wife of alt-Luthor
- Ultra Woman = originally the costume Lucy/Lois wore to Perry's 'Come as Your Favorite Superhero' party; now, alt-Lois
- Lara = the name Lois has chosen for her daughter (after Clark’s birth mother)
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lucy’s doctor & Clark’s roommate
- Mayor White = aka Perry White, former Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- James Olsen = owner of the Daily Planet, Lois-Lucy's friend
- Lex Luthor = no explanation necessary, same bad guy as always, this time bald
- Lola Luthor = ‘wife’ of Lex Luthor; alt-Lois, if not referring to Clois (Cloned Lois)
- Dr. Bernard Klein = S.T.A.R. Labs scientist and Superman's 'doctor'
- H.G. Wells – famed author – inventor of the Time-Machine – the man who brought canon Lois to alt-Clark
- Mayson Drake = police detective, partner to Detective (in alt-world) Henderson, alt-Clark's ex-girlfriend
- Moonbeam = AKA alt-Star; divorce lawyer for alt-Lois
- Junior = Lex Luthor, Jr., Lex's first born son, creator of the Neuroscanner
- Jaxon Xavier = Lex Luthor's son and former spy at The Planet

- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity are alt-Clark, Sam, Moonbeam (alt-Star), Dr. Klein and alt-Lois. Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension.

Where we left off in Chapter 7: Part 10...

Ultra Woman floated into the air, not wanting to touch the floor, in case Lara ended up there. What was that? She thought she saw a pile of blankets reappear on the floor, next to where she had just been sitting. “Clark! Daddy!” She landed gently onto the floor and watched as the blankets became more distinct, more solid. She scooped Lara into her arms. “Oh, sweetie. Here you are. I was so worried.” She rocked the baby back and forth, back and forth. “Clark?”

He was at her side. Her father arrived at that point.

“I don’t hear her breathing,” Ultra Woman whispered, the tears falling down her cheeks again.

“Lara,” Clark whispered, caressing her head. “Sweetheart, are you all right?”

Ultra Woman handed her to Superman. “What have I done?” she gasped, burying her face in her hands, again. “What have I done?”

Clark rubbed the baby’s back. “Sam?”

“Lie her on the floor, Clark,” her father instructed.

He did so and they all gathered around.

“Try mouth to mouth.”

Superman nodded, gently rubbing Lara’s tummy and blowing into her mouth. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. He blew again.

Part 11

Lara started squirming around and then let out a high pitched scream.

Ultra Woman started crying harder.

Her father smiled, lifting up Lara. “Now, isn’t that a pretty sound?” He rocked her back and forth and took her down the hall to Lois.

Ultra Woman sat on the floor, crying. She couldn’t move. It was her fault. She must have dropped Lara when she disappeared. Knocked the wind out of her or something.

Superman wrapped his arms and cape around her. “She’s okay now, Lois.”

Ultra Lois still shook, sobbing against his chest. “We can never have children,” she whispered. “I’m going to be a horrible mother, Clark.”

“That’s not true, Lois,” he murmured, kissing her head as he rocked her. “All it shows is that you love too much. Not a bad trait in my book.”

“I dropped her, Clark. I dropped her.”

“Forgive yourself, Lois. She’s fine. You didn’t know that was going to happen.” Clark kissed her cheek.

“You should have warned me!” She slugged him in the chest. “Clark, you should have told me it might be a possibility.”

“Lois, the only time it happened was on their wedding day, when they were traveling through time trying to defeat the curse. She died or almost died three or four times that day. It never occurred again.” Clark lifted up her jaw and set a kiss upon her lips. “And if you ask me, you’ll make a wonderful mother someday.”

Ultra Lois wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed so strong a kiss on his mouth, she knocked him over. She didn’t stop kissing him, until she heard a chuckle.

“I hope we’re not interrupting anything,” Lois said, holding Lara to her shoulder.

Superman jumped to his feet and spun back into his jeans and t-shirt and then pulled Ultra Woman to her feet.

Ultra Woman hugged the two of them. “Lois, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to drop her. When she disappeared, it was as if she took my heart with her. I love her so much. I would do anything for her.” She started to cry again.

“Anything?” Lois asked, looking over her shoulder to Clark.

Ultra Woman took a step back, grabbing hold of Clark’s hand and raising a brow at her. “What do you mean, Lois?”

“Do you love Lara enough that you would allow yourself to get amnesia again and go back and live with Lex for a week or two? Would you be willing to push Clark away, not knowing that he is your true love, if you knew that in the end you could have both Clark and Lara? And be able to make love to him again for the first time?”

“What are you saying, Lois? You want me to go back to Lex and if I do, you’ll give me Lara and guarantee I can have my Clark, too?” She held out her hand without a moment’s hesitation. “Deal!”

“Hey!” stammered Clark.

Lois grinned with merriment, but did not shake her hand as she walked into the living room. “Clark, I now know how to get my stand-in to agree to go back to the worst day of our life.”

Ultra Woman looked at Clark as a smile of understanding spread across his face. He pulled his girlfriend into his arms. “Sorry, Ultra, she was just throwing you a hypothetical situation. She’s not giving you her daughter, but you still get to keep me.”

“What?!” Ultra Lois stammered. “I’ll trade you my Clark for Lara.”

“Excuse me?” He gasped.

“Tempting, Lois. Tempting,” Lois said with a wink at Clark. “But I’m going to keep Lara. I already have one in that model.”

Ultra Woman pulled Clark in for a kiss. “Just kidding, Mr. Amazing,” she whispered. “You’re not for sale or trade.”

Clark smiled, releasing a breath of relief. “Good.”

Lois started laughing harder. “Mr. Amazing?”

Clark cringed.

Ultra Woman looked at her with a raised brow. “What? You don’t think that’s a good name for him?”

Her father covered his ears. “I don’t want to hear this. I don’t want to hear this,” he repeated leaving the room. “I don’t want to hear this.”

Ultra Woman winced and then laughed. “Ooops.”

Clark rolled his eyes. “I’m never going to hear the end of this.”

Lois looked at Clark and smiled. “Yeah. I’d say he’s a pretty amazing guy.” She winked at him again. “But he’s no Superman.” She grinned.

Ultra Woman kissed Clark’s cheek and whispered, “She’s happy, Clark.”

Clark nodded, holding her tight. “She’s just figured out how to go home. Now, all she needs is a lift.” He kissed her cheek. “I better go back to looking for Vixen…” He stepped away from Ultra Woman and spun back into his blue suit, then paused before the window. “Lois? Why did you die? Do you know?”

Lois exhaled and shook her head. “Lex, Jr. used the Neuroscanner on me. He made me tell Clark that I wanted a divorce. He made me perform some sick romantic play with Luckaby, the actor he hired to portray himself. He told me what to say and what to do. When Luckaby rebelled, Junior shot him. Lex’s son decided he was going to keep me prisoner in his underground lair instead.” She swallowed. “Junior told Clark, when he found us, that he wanted Clark to do his bidding or he would kill me with the Neuroscanner. So, Clark froze me with his super breath, knowing I’d rather die than be Junior’s prisoner. He had done it once before, when someone else found out his secret identity and kidnapped his parents. One of the things they wanted him to do was kill this super annoying reporter Lois Lane. Only this time, it took him longer to thaw me out.” She shivered. “That’s how I found out he was Superman, when he froze me the first time. They both touched me the same way, in the same manner and suddenly, everything was clear. I knew. I knew that he was the two men I loved most in the world. Both of them.” She sighed.

“And he killed you. Kal killed you?” Ultra Woman couldn’t believe her ears.

“He froze me, temporarily, to help us escape. Then he used his heat vision to thaw me out.”

“Is he crazy? That could have killed you. It did kill you.” She shook her head.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t have done it if he had known it might hurt Lara.” Lois hugged her daughter tighter. “He doesn’t know about her.”

“Right,” Ultra Woman said sarcastically. “What about their little communication with Moonbeam earlier?”

“He doesn’t know about his daughter. He thinks you’re the pregnant woman who visited his parents in Smallville in December. That’s what Martha told him.” Lois closed her eyes. “Star came to speak with Clark weeks ago, when Vixen first came on the scene. That’s when he must have…” She shook her head. “Why would he give Star a message for me then? Who else would he contact? I don’t know. Anyway, he doesn’t know about us. Period. End of story.”

“So, where was Lex, Jr.’s lair?” Superman asked, getting to the heart of his question.

“The same place Lex took me when I had amnesia and thought I was Wanda Detroit. The old subway station under the Daily Planet.”

Superman nodded. “Now, I have a spot to start looking for Vixen.” He kissed Ultra Woman one last time and took off out the living room windows.

Ultra Woman stared at Lois holding her daughter. She really went through a lot – death and turmoil, just to get her happily ever after. She was glad she would never have to die again.

Back at the townhouse in Lois’s dimension, several weeks later…

Clark gazed down at his old bassinette his parents had had Jack send from the farm and sighed. He was so confused. His mother swore that his Lois was pregnant and went to the other dimension last summer. But Dr. Klein told him he wasn’t able to have children with Earth women. Genetically, they didn’t match. Who was that woman who visited his parents’ farm last December? Was it his wife? Had they been able to conceive, despite the odds? Or was it who his mother originally said it was, the other Clark’s… well, not wife, his girlfriend… the other Lois? The other Lois who his mother said had been struck by lightning and was, for all intents and purposes, Kryptonian…. The new and improved Ultra Woman would surely be able to conceive with the other Clark, wouldn’t she?

Star had said that there was definitely a baby in his future. His brother’s child. She had said that Lois was depressed… deeply depressed. Had she just been mistaken? Or had she seen Lois weeping when he told her what Dr. Klein had told him? He took a sip of his buttermilk and gazed down at the bassinette. He had been so hopeful. He had been so sure that that woman from December at the farm was his wife. That Lucy El, wife of Kal-El, pregnant with his child, was truly his wife, Lois Lane. His mother said that scientists made mistakes all the time. So, Dr. Klein didn’t think they could conceive, so what? Martha knew better. Lois had been pregnant. That was what Lois had told her, but what if Lois had been lying to her.

What if Lois went to the other dimension for another reason? Perhaps she had fallen in love with the other Clark. He shook his head. No. His Lois loved him. Of that he was certain. Did she even survive the birth? He thought Star’s depression story meant that she had, but what if the darkness was death? What if Lois never returned and someday soon Mr. Wells would arrive to tell him that his Lois was just a stand-in and it was time for her to return to the past where she belonged? Suddenly, he would be left alone, with no Lois and no child. Just alone with his memories. Would he be able to go on? Continue to be Superman? He sighed and heard Lois coming down the stairs. She was probably wondering why he never came back to bed.

Back at the Daily Planet in the alternative dimension…

Lucy turned around to grab a document off the printer. Standing next to her desk was a small man in a bowler hat. As she reached around him to the printer, he said in an English accent, “Excuse me, Miss. I am looking for Clark Kent.”

Her mind was on the sheet in her hand, mentally checking it for mistakes. “He’s not in. Can I help you with something?” She lifted her eyes to his.

The little man gazed at her with wide eyes. “Lois? Lois Lane?”

She frowned. “No. Lucy El.” She focused her attention on him. Who was he?

“Lois. Don’t you recognize me?”

“Lucy. And have we met?”

“Oh, dear God. You’ve lost your memory. I’ve left you here too long.” He shook his head.

Okey-dokey. He just traveled into the strange zone. “Excuse me?”

“Lois, look at me, closely. Think back. We met on a sunny afternoon several years ago. Clark, you, and I traveled…”

She couldn’t believe this guy. “Look, Mister, I’ve never met you. I certainly haven’t traveled anywhere with you and Lois Lane is dead.”

The man stumbled backward. “Dead? Oh, dear, no. I was sure bringing her here would save her from the curse…”

The curse? “Who are you?” she asked slowly. Were they talking about the same curse? If so, how did he know about the curse?

“That’s of little consequence. I need to talk to Clark Kent. How am I ever going to tell him his wife is dead?” The man sighed, sitting down on the steps leading to the editor’s office.

“Wife?” Lucy gasped and then growled. “Clark Kent isn’t married.” Who was this man?

“Tell me, Miss. If I may be so bold, how and when did she expire? Lois Lane.”

“In January. By a bomb blast.”

The man’s pallor turned grey. “Bomb? And I brought her here to save her.” He looked up at her. “And the baby, did it survive? No, wait, you said January, that was before she was born. I checked my dates and facts and everything told me that tonight was the night she returned home.” The poor man looked as if he were about to cry. “Clark will be devastated. He loves her so much.”

Lucy knelt down beside him. “How do know about the baby?” she whispered. “Who are you?”

He looked at her again. “What did you say your name was?”

“Lucy El.”

“L?”

“Perhaps you know my husband Kal-El?” she asked softly, beginning to realize it wasn’t her for whom he was looking.

The light returned to his eyes. “You are Kal-El’s wife?”

Lucy nodded.

The man released his breath and held out his hand. “A pleasure to meet you, Mrs. El. I am Herbert George Wells.”

“H.G. Wells? Oh, I have heard of you! I’m so sorry for the confusion. Clark will want to see you right away.” As she shook his hand, she brought him to his feet.

“Oh, dear me. You are strong,” he stammered.

She smiled. Ooops. “Thank you. Clark has me on an exercise program.”

“Where is Clark?” Mr. Wells asked.

“He’s at the apartment watching Lara.”

“Then she’s…! Oh, that’s something at least.” The man sighed in relief.

“Yes, Lara’s mother needs an afternoon off every once in a while and Clark is thrilled to help out.”

Mr. Wells took hold of her hands. “She’s alive as well?” He gasped.

“Sorry for the confusion.” Lucy weakly smiled.

“So, you are…” When she nodded, Mr. Wells chuckled. “No wonder you didn’t recognize me.”

“Why don’t you go outside and wait under the globe and I’ll see if I can find Clark’s girlfriend to take you to him?”

He frowned. “Girlfriend? But I thought…?” he stammered.

“Oh, no.” She laughed. “I am Clark’s assistant and Kal-El’s wife.”

This statement clearly stumped Mr. Wells. “Then who is his girlfriend?”

Lucy grinned. “I’m sure you’ll recognize her when you see her.”

Mr. Wells seemed a bit thrown by this pronouncement. “Under the globe?”

“Under the globe.” Lucy nodded. “Nice to have met you.” She waved.

At the elevator, Mr. Wells bumped into James Olsen, who stared at him in wonder. “I know we’ve met before, your face is so familiar… Wait, I know, you’re that man that came with Lucy when she impersonated Lois Lane during the election. The Congolese missionary…. um…” He snapped his fingers.

“Right. Mr. Olsen, wasn’t it?” He held out his hand. “Mr. Wells.”

James shook his hand. “What brings you back to Metropolis, Mr. Wells?”

“I’m here to pick up Lois and the baby to take them back to her husband,” Mr. Wells explained.

“What? No! She can’t leave today. She can’t leave without saying goodbye. I know things have been rough these last few months… but…” He studied the man. “Did you call her Lois?”

“Slip of the tongue, my boy.” Mr. Wells smiled.

“Oh. Right. Are you an attaché to Kal-El then?” James asked. “He’s back from his mission?”

“Yes, I guess in a manner of speaking, I am. And, yes, he has returned from his mission. Anxious to see his wife and child, I’m sure.”

James stepped back into the elevator with Mr. Wells. “Totally. Lara’s the best. Never had a single complaint from the neighbors about her crying. Cute as a button. And Lucy, she’s the smartest woman I’ve ever met since before I met the real Lois Lane.”

“Right so. Right so.” Mr. Wells nodded as the doors closed.

Lucy laughed softly to herself and headed toward the supply closet.

A minute later, Mr. Wells was scooped up into her arms. “Mr. Wells, I am Superman’s girlfriend, Ultra Woman.”

“Oh, deary me. Clark has had a busy year.” Mr. Wells chuckled, holding on to his bowler hat.

It was a beautiful May day. The sun was shining. The birds were singing. It was nice to be outside. Lois sighed. All it lacked was her Clark walking beside her, holding her hand, pushing a stroller. She wanted to go home. It had taken almost two months but she had gained fifteen pounds. She could pass for Ultra Woman… well, the other Lucy, now.

She was tired of force-feeding herself. Of having ice-cream sundaes and cakes and cookies and heavy rich food and as many Double Fudge Crunch bars as she wanted. Who knew she would get tired of pigging out? She thought some of the reason she wasn’t gaining weight as fast as they had hoped was that pint of Ultra Woman blood coursing through her veins, increasing her metabolism. At least the other Lois had taught her a few more recipes to add to her skills list. Wouldn’t Clark be surprised when she made him an edible dinner for once? She sighed again. Clark.

Lois wanted to say that she had put her blues behind her, but she knew she hadn’t. She knew that as long as she was drawn to this Clark, as long as she thought of kissing him, holding him, of spending time with him alone as they used to do, she felt she was still cheating on her husband – even if she wasn’t actually physically doing so. She had lied when she said that she was just drawn to his Superman side and he knew it. He had called her on it. True, Superman reminded her specifically of that one night and she was glad she wasn’t allowed to kiss Superman in her own dimension any longer. She would have to talk to Perry about the Elvis music he pumped through the newsroom. She still couldn’t listen to it without thinking about Halloween… about making love to this dimension’s Clark.

She took a deep breath and slowly released it. He had been so kind and gentle and caring and, well, there, but on that one night, he had been different. Passionate, wild, impetuous, out of control… Amazing. Lois swallowed. It was as if they both knew if they slowed down, they would come to their senses and do the right thing. Neither of them had wanted to do the right thing that night. He was completely different from her Clark. Not to say that making love with her Clark was boring, it certainly wasn’t. Making love with her Clark was making love. Kind, gentle, slow, caring, and… she closed her eyes… wonderful. This dimension’s Clark and she hadn’t made love. She released another breath. They had definitely had sex.

Lois ran her fingers through her hair, getting them tangled in its long red strands. Damn, she hated this wig. She couldn’t wait to be back home in her own dimension where she could be herself again. Lois Lane. She could grow out her hair again. No more glasses. No more frumpy clothes. Actually, since she wasn’t Lucy El anymore, the other Lois let her borrow some of her old Lois clothes. It was nice to feel dressed up, just to take a walk. To feel the sun on her face gave her energy, vivaciousness she hadn’t felt since… Since she had been Ultra Woman.

It was that pint of Ultra Woman blood they had pumped through her veins the night Lara had been born. She could still feel it. Sam and Clark had both thought it would thin out as she produced more of her human blood, but she didn’t think it had. She still had some super hearing. Not as good as Superman or as good as when she was pregnant, but definitely an improvement over her regular hearing. Her eyesight was sharper, too. She wasn’t invulnerable, but she couldn’t remember the last time she developed a bruise, either. She didn’t have the telepathy that Kryptonians had, though. She couldn’t communicate with anyone except Lara and, then, only sometimes.

Lara. She sighed. Her daughter was the one who pulled her out of her funk. When Lara had touched her that one day and let her hear Clark’s voice telling Star he loved her and missed her, it had made Lois want to live again. Her brow furrowed. Lois still didn’t understand that message. Was he talking about the pregnant her he had made out with in his parent’s barn back when this Clark was in Singapore? She was sure Martha had convinced him that woman was this Clark’s Lois. She was positive that was the only reason he would have scanned the other Lois to see if she was pregnant. She shook her head. Sometimes she wished she had access to his thoughts, not only her own.

Lara loved her. She really truly loved her Mommy. Lois sensed her love, felt it. They were closer than they had ever been before. Lois sighed again. Well, here she was, back in front of her apartment building. A cherry red Corvette pulled up beside her and James jumped out.

“Lucy!” he called. “Oh, good, I haven’t missed you.”

Lois looked up and down the street, but it was deserted. “James, what are you doing without your bodyguard? Vixen is still on the loose. I wouldn’t want her…”

“I couldn’t let you leave without saying goodbye.”

“Leave?” Who had told him she was leaving?

“Your husband’s attaché was just at the newsroom. He said that he was coming to pick up you and Lara and take you to Kal-El.”

Who was he talking about? Attaché? “What are you talking about?”

“Mr. Wells. That man who came with you to the Planet during the elections last year. The one you said was a missionary.”

Her eyes lit up. Mr. Wells! They could finally go home. She grabbed James and hugged him. “Mr. Wells? He’s here?” She started running up the stairs of the front stoop.

“Wait, Lucy. Can I talk you, first? I never get to see you anymore without Clark or the other Lucy or Sam around. I miss you.”

Lois walked down the steps and sat down. “You’re sweet, James.”

He sat down next to her. “I know it was you who told Clark to guard me. Who thinks that Luthor is after me, after the Daily Planet. I know you care.”

She smiled at him. “Of course, I care. I’m sorry, I haven’t been much of a friend lately. I’ve been a little self-absorbed, I know…”

“You have someone else to occupy your thoughts. I know and I understand, completely. I’m totally okay with you wanting to be with your daughter. I just didn’t want you to leave without telling you… telling you…” James stammered and then paused. “Thank you for being my friend.”

Lois hugged him. “I will always be your friend. And the new Lucy is great, too. New and improved.” She laughed. “You’ll be the best of friends in no time.”

“She’s not you,” her former employer murmured. “There’s something about you that’s so different from any other woman I’ve ever met before.”

“James, stop it,” she teased, pushing his arm. “Or all these compliments will go to my head.”

He smiled, sheepishly. “You are the greatest researcher I’ve ever seen. And the best friend I’ll ever know.”

Lois had to put a stop to this. “James, it was Clark’s idea to put a guard on you. I haven’t thought about anyone but myself in months. I’m sorry to have to inform you of this, but you do have other friends. Other people in this world who care about you as much as I do.”

James’s smile grew larger. “I love you.” He gulped. Obviously, that was not what he meant to say. “I mean, as a friend.”

Lois smiled. “I love you, too, James. And if I weren’t madly and truly in love with my husband, you’d certainly be a worthy second choice.”

“You mean third.”

Her brow furrowed. “No, second.” Why were they arguing over this moot point?

“Third. After Clark.”

Lois’s jaw dropped. “Clark’s just a friend,” she whispered. “And he’s in love with Ultra Woman.”

“I’m not an idiot, Lucy.” James chuckled. “You think I don’t know it was you he took to Perry’s Superhero Ball?”

Lois leaned back, scooting away from him. “What are you talking about, James? That wasn’t me; that was Ultra Woman.”

“That was you in an Ultra Woman costume. You thought I didn’t recognize you? That I wouldn’t notice the baby bump in all those hundreds of pictures I took of you that night?”

Lois stared at him as he continued.

“I was so in love with you and you only had eyes for Clark. I watched you for months, staring at him from across the newsroom. When the two of you were together it was electric, magnetic. He never looked at anyone the way he looked at you, even that fiancée of his, until the real Ultra Woman showed up. Why do you think I took over Jaxon’s duties when he was out on sick leave? To be closer to you. Why do you think I dressed like Clark Kent at the party? Because you loved him so much, I just wanted you to notice me. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met, Lucy. I have loved you since…”

She put up her hand. “Stop. James, please. I love my husband. I will always love my husband. There’s a woman out there in the world for you and you’ll find each other someday.” She stood up. “Now, let’s go inside before Vixen snatches you off the street.”

“It doesn’t matter if Lex kills me. I’ve named you as beneficiary to inherit the Daily Planet,” he said, not standing up.

“It does matter, James. Now, come inside.” Lois grabbed his arm. “We’ve tempted fate enough today.” Then his words sunk in. “What? Me? James, no, absolutely not! I can’t inherit the Daily Planet. I don’t exist. I’m a figment of my own imagination. A mirage. If you named Lucy El to inherit the Daily Planet, that other Lucy will inherit, not me. Believe me, she’ll be thrilled. But in a week, I won’t be here anymore.”

“A week?” he stammered.

“I’m not leaving today.”

“You’re not?” A smile spread across his face. “Then I just said all that stuff…” He blushed.

“I hope this doesn’t mean you won’t take me out to dinner this week,” Lois said, moving up the steps.

He stood up. “Of course, I…” Then he was gone. Only gold dust reflected in the air.

“No!” She screamed, running down the steps to the sidewalk. “Clark!” She had to save James, herself. Lois pulled off her wig, holding her arms wide. “Vixen! You grabbed the wrong person. It’s me Lex wants. His wife. Lois Lane!” she yelled. Then she, too, disappeared.

***End of Part 11***

Comments

Chapter 7: Part 12

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:58 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.