Print Thread
#82049 09/15/11 06:25 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love wave

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#82050 09/15/11 07:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Straker is playing with Freeman's mind, isn't he? First he tells him that he shot Trask in his dream about the asteroid and then he tells him he didn't.

I don't know about Freeman. He's liking Trask a little too much for my comfort level. Why do I have a strange feeling that he might end up being a double agent to B.39? Does Straker know more than he's telling? Why do I have a feeling there is more to this story than what we are being shown? wink

Still interesting to see the action through a third party's eyes / POV. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#82051 09/15/11 08:54 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oooohh... smile1 Liking this more and more! Though I am curious about whether or not Straker told Freeman he shot Trask or not. I thought he did say that- so either Straker's screwing with his mind, trying to cover up what he told him (or hinting not to mention it), or maybe that's part of the psychic powers he has? His mind reached out and told Freeman that he shot him... very interesting...

Freeman does seem a bit too curious, but I don't believe that he'll flip sides (now watch me be proven wrong in the next chapter). Looking forward to more soon! Good job! thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#82052 09/15/11 09:10 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I believe that Straker actually just told Freeman that in his dream, he "killed" Trask, but not how (I just reread that part). smile1

So interesting how the plot is complicated further with Straker's group also being a bit afraid of Superman's powers going out of control. eek

So it probably will be in here soon, that Wayne Irig finds the kryptonite in Smallville and then Trask gets some... Hmmm...

Looking forward to more soon. wave

EvelynC
#82053 09/15/11 09:27 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, Freeman would cheerfully follow Straker into hell if that's were Straker was heading. wildguy

As for the rest - I don't do simple very well. devil

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#82054 09/25/11 09:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was something perverse about saving the Earth from marauding aliens only to be taken out by an act of God disguised as an asteroid.
Unless said god's name is Anubis. Then we're back to the originally stated mission.

“They were trying to get information on Superman,” Straker told the group. “Trask wants Superman to know there’s a government agency, legitimate or not, going after him. And he wants us to know that we can’t stop him.”
goofy Good thing he's not usually x-raying his fellow humans, huh?

“Not that I know of,” Straker said. “Not yet, anyway.” He gave Freeman a sardonic grin.
Oh boy. They know. And they don't look like they're actively preventing Trask from getting any.

No bodies, no missing persons, nothing except for Trask’s insistence that lack of evidence of a crime is evidence of a conspiracy to cover up a crime.”
Well, duh! That's also why it's so obvious that Lex Luthor's the evil mastermind of the the entire Eastern Seaboard.

“So, how do we deal with him? Shoot him, like in your dream?” Freeman asked.

Straker gave him a sharp look. “I don’t recall telling you that I shot him.”
Huh. I actually had the same thought when I read it. Shooting Trask just seems the way to do it. Like staking a vampire. Or having Lex throw himself off a high object.

Do we tell the local authorities that the Bureau is a terrorist organization and let them handle it for us?”

“That’s what we’re supposed to do,” Straker reminded him. “At least in the U.S.”

“He knows an awful lot about us.”

“I know.”
Couldn't they just poison B39's water bottle delivery or something?

wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard