Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 9...

In the elevator down, Clark didn’t speak, trying to keep his anger in check.

“I’m sorry, Clark.” Lucy smirked. “I couldn’t resist. You know how my mouth sometimes moves faster than my brain.”

Clark glanced at his girlfriend, but only shook his head.

“I’m sorry, Mayson, for giving away your wonderful gift…” Lucy started, before Clark glared at her in earnest. She swallowed, realizing what he was really angry about. “Oh.”

“Don’t be angry with her, Clark,” Mayson murmured, setting her arm on Clark’s. “She thought I knew. I should have known better than to bring a baby gift to you at the office. I’m sorry.”

Clark kissed her cheek. “It was very thoughtful of you, Mayson. Thank you. I really did love it.” Lara wasn’t his daughter, he wanted to add, but for some reason it felt like a lie. “I’m sorry, we’ve got to bolt, because we have an appointment.”

“You’re welcome to come…”

“No, Lucy,” Clark interrupted her with a glare. “I apologize, Mayson. But this isn’t a good time.”

Mayson held up a hand. “I understand. Lucy probably wouldn’t want me within a mile of her anyway.”

He sighed. They would be lucky if Kal’s Lucy even noticed Mayson’s presence. It had been a week since she had spoken to him or even allowed him in her room.

“Keep in touch, you guys. I’m sorry, again.” Mayson left with a wave of her hand.

Clark waved until she turned the corner. He grabbed his Lois’s arm and pulled her into the alley. “Are you out of your mind? How could you tell her?”

Lois swallowed. “You had told her the truth about Kal and Lucy, I thought you had mentioned that as well.”

“I haven’t told a single person here about the baby. Not one.” Spinning into his blue suit, he swooped her up into his arms and into the sky.

Lois gasped. “But Perry? And James? And my father? Dr. Klein? Moonbeam?”

“Perry figured it out on his own. Lucy had to tell Sam. She didn’t mean to tell James. Or Dr. Klein. And she told you. You told Mayson. I have no idea about Moonbeam. I’m guessing she just knew. I haven’t told a single person. Actually, correction. I told H.G. Wells; the younger version that came to get me to help with Tempus.” He sighed. “Sometimes, I feel like I’m the only person who fears what could happen to Lara if the wrong people found out about her.”

Lois was quiet for a moment. “You’re right, Clark. I’m sorry. Please, forgive me. I’ll be more careful.”

“I know.” He kissed her cheek.
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:48 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Even without his extra abilities he was going to be the better parent.
Poor Lois. She's been through so much. Adjusting to being a parent can be very challenging and I'm sure Lois hasn't had much if any experience. Add to that she's missing her Clark too.

How you torture us! :p

“I think the time machine is broken.”
Where's HG Wells when we need him?

Great stuff here!

“Superman wasn’t going to return when he did, before Lois’s aura changed?”
I love the way you're using Star.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Did I mention that Lois's life isn't a quick fix? Yes, where is HG Wells? Hmmmm. I love Star! It's so much fun using her, because Clark doesn't want to believe her because she's so spacy, but she sees all. I really think they should have brought her back in more episodes after L&C were married.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
It's so much fun using her, because Clark doesn't want to believe her because she's so spacy, but she sees all. I really think they should have brought her back in more episodes after L&C were married.
That would've been a fun idea.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One more?
“She doesn’t hate you, Lois. She fluctuates between liking you and tolerating you.”
Awwwwwwww!

“Lara hates me,” Lois whispered.
Oh.

Lois’s bottom lip started to shake. “She loves you and she loves your Lois, because you can communicate with her. With me she just cries and cries.”
clap

He hoped he wasn’t smothering her with his attention. She didn’t seem to mind, though.
Yeah, that would be awkward, her dumping him for it. Although, she did dump Dan for that same reason. He’d better not start getting her gifts. Except flowers and chocolate.

His girlfriend had carried Lara around, whenever she wasn’t in the kitchen, like a prize Pekingese.
Ultra Woman in her element, cooking.

Clark would have to tell his Lois that dinner parties were out.
Chef Lois isn’t going to like that.

He closed his eyes and a soft Elvis tune floated into his mind.
Oh boy. Where did that come from?

This time he was standing in an ice cold shower and the most beautiful, exquisite naked woman with long hair to her navel stepped in. He smiled and sighed.
Ah, switched the tape?

Clark was on the verge of sleep, when he heard her calling to him. “Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!”
shock

Lois sat in bed, rocking herself back and forth, back and forth.
Oh boy.

“I changed her. I fed her. I rocked her. I sang to her. I changed her again. Nothing. Nothing calmed her. She hates me.”
Oh boy. Oh boy.

“Something’s wrong. Tense. Off. He’s treating me differently. Distancing himself from me, but not. He still loves me, but he’s troubled by it.” Lois glanced over at him. “He’s treating me a little like you treated me before we found your Lois.”
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

“Honeymoon’s over?” The words just slipped out.
Uuuuuuuuuh…

“Out! Just get out!”
Oh boy.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her bed was empty, unslept in. He sat down on her bed, closed his eyes and listened.

Ultra Woman, thank you!

Ah, out and about, helping humanity.
Couldn’t take it anymore?

Ultra swallowed. “Fine. I went to Smallville. Sorry. I was bushed and I needed a night off.
Thought so.

“I think the time machine is broken.”

Clark broke off his kiss and pulled back so he could see her properly. “Excuse me?”

“I tried to go to the Kent farm to tell them about Lara. Show them the pictures that Dr. Klein took.” Ultra pinched her lips together. “I couldn’t get the time machine to start. At all.”
Hmm…Is her DNA altered from the lighting strike? Should they try Clark?

“Lois, how are we going to get her home?”
Have. Clark. Touch. The. Freakin’. Time. Machine!

“Whatever.” She waved off her mistake. “She needs him. We can keep her alive, but her soul is dying. She needs him.”
goofy

Lois hadn’t liked the way Vixen had wrestled with him in China.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Sure I can respond to one more, today. wink

Can’t we just…you know…zap her or something? Kids shouldn’t have to grow up without their Mommy.
I'm sorry, I'm not good at one hour TV show fixes.

Oh dear. And when is she going to make the connection that this is now the universes punishment for her indiscretion?
Are you sure she doesn't know that already?

She really does get her cape all twisted in a knot, doesn’t she?
Hey canon Lois was lucky alt-Lois shared her Christmas chocolate.

You know, this actually sounded like veggie Lois only got up to change her own diapers once in a while. So she doesn’t have to get up too often.
No, veggie Lois is not wearing diapers!

So, cured from wanting babies, are we?
cool

Yeah, that would be awkward, her dumping him for it. Although, she did dump Dan for that same reason. He’d better not start getting her gifts. Except flowers and chocolate.
Lois dumped Dan for smothering her? I thought it was because she chose Clark? Oh, you meant alt-Lois? Well, uh... possibly... maybe there were other factors involved.

Oh boy. Where did that come from?
I hear it's really hard to forget your first time.

So, fourteen, fifteen years, huh? Which would be right around the time she goes boy crazy. Hmm… /things Ultra Woman wants to pick and choose/
Well, THEY are her parents. It's only fair THEY get her when she's a semi-powered hormonal teenage girl.

Wow. thud
Why does it always surprise you when Clark 'gets it' every once in a blue moon?

Wow. Don’t let Lois know that she looked older in her aura, though.
No, probably best to keep that to ourselves.

No boyfriend issues.
Yep.

Clark did love it. And under any other circumstances, he might even think it adorable, but what he was wondering was why a baby’s rattle would make his ex-girlfriend think of him?
Huh.
Didn't Clark know that all it takes for a Kryptonian boy to get a human girl pregnant was a little floating while kissing? Duh! wink Oh, and the gestation period is only 6 months.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sure I can respond to one more, today.
wave

I'm sorry, I'm not good at one hour TV show fixes.
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
two seconds later, he landed at the Loises’ apartment
Loiseseses? Lo-i? Lois-i?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
two seconds later, he landed at the Loises’ apartment
lol I had fun with that one as well as this one from Ch4:
“There are two Supermans?…. Supermannequins? Supermen? Supermen!

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">two seconds later, he landed at the Loises’ apartment
clap

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard