OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/04/14 09:02 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Good chapter. Wish I had the time/energy to comment more on this, but again, got to sort out a bunch of college stuff (they screwed up my schedule! after specifically telling me that they could and *would* fix it! GAH!) And now, I've got a fever and a sore throat and am currently surfing the symptom checker on webmd...
“Lois is not cheating on me. She promised me that.”

Jimmy raised an eyebrow at that remark. “But you must have thought she was to have had that conversation with her.”
True. Very true. Once again, Jimmy proves wise in this story.
“The L.A. Times!” Lois gasped, then her eyes sought out his. “I didn’t know they had picked up the story as well.” She unfolded the paper. “Date? It wasn’t a date. It was an interview.” She slapped the paper. “If I had been a man they wouldn’t have put this headline on the article. How sexist.” She read on. “Where’s your byline?” She slapped the paper again. “You know if they had gotten that right, I bet they wouldn’t have put that headline on the article.”
laugh
“I hope you didn’t make copies because with an attitude like that, Clark, you aren’t moving in anytime soon,” she thundered, pocketing her keys.

Move in? Had she actually liked him enough to bounce that idea around in her head? Of the two of them living together? Sleeping together? Sharing their lives? That committed of a relationship?
:rolleyes: Another thought that didn't even cross his mind until Lois voiced it... now I'm sure all he'll be thinking about is living with Lois on a secluded beach somewhere where he could suck on Lois' toes and make love in the sand and skinny dip... typical male....
“Somehow I went from being the one being wronged to being the one in the doghouse again,” Clark muttered.

And in the doghouse you belong, Kent.
Too true.
“Ouch! Why’d you do that?” Jimmy asked.
Yes, why Clark?
Clark pushed the button to call the freight elevator. “Because we wrote that article about Superman together. And I wasn’t credited for it.”
How petty.
Lana had told you that you had no potential and that you would never amount to a hill of beans. Why had you believed her? Why had you taken her words to heart? Just because you had thought yourself in love with the girl doesn’t mean you should have let her squash your hopes and dreams, Kent.
So is that all we'll learn of Lana, or will there be more knowledge to come?
“Have you ever thought about writing for Perry’s Planet?
Interesting... I wonder if Clark and Lois writing for the Planet and Jimmy taking pictures might skyrocket the simple paper into a real newspaper...
Clark’s brow furrowed in confusion. “Did she say something to you about Superman?”
... Did she? I don't remember... confused
Clark turned and saw on the monitor that the bearded man was grabbing Lois’s arm. Before he knew it he was standing at the third floor railing looking down at the two of them with his own eyes.

“So, I’ll see you Saturday night then, beautiful,” the bearded man was saying to Lois.
Why do I get the feeling that Clark will take what clearly appears to be a threatening situation and blow it way out of proportions and try to blame it on Lois in an effort to leave the doghouse?
“What are you doing here?” she stammered, glancing over her shoulder and moving away from him.

“Obviously learning about the real you,” Clark muttered, following her.
Yep. wallbash Oh, Clark...
“Go. And keep Kal away, too. If he shows up, I’ll lose you both.” She opened the door and went inside.
Curiouser and curiouser... Wonder who this threatening mystery man is and what will happen... I suppose we'll find out soon! I guess I did go into this more, but only because I basically kept coming back to this all day long and adding more... oh well. blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh oh, from that description I would guess Nigel St. John. The plot thickens! Bwhahahahahah! evil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Ok, I'm officially humbled. You kept your post open all day to comment on my story. Thank you. blush laugh About Jimmy. I've always thought Jimmy is wise. He was the one who wanted to search for Superman after he disappeared after Nightfall. Jimmy just not great at connecting the dots. Did I mention that my Clark is a bit of a lunkhead when it comes to women? laugh Perhaps there's another reason he's still available at 27.

WHAT?! Wow. That's just... wow. Yes, it definitely came back to get him *presents author with opportunity to bite Clark in the hiney* Quick turnaround, though...
Lois's beach rant. I know she's a little more in the face, but he just accused her of cheating on him with him, so she had to show prove to Clark the stupidity of that statement by stating... well, that he knew darn well that nothing happened. The games stop soon. wink

So is that all we'll learn of Lana, or will there be more knowledge to come?
The information about Lana comes in dribs and drabs. More to come.

Interesting... I wonder if Clark and Lois writing for the Planet and Jimmy taking pictures might skyrocket the simple paper into a real newspaper...
Hhhmmmmmm.

Clark’s brow furrowed in confusion. “Did she say something to you about Superman?” ... Did she? I don't remember...
A long, long time ago... the day of the Miranda book signing, Lois told Perry that she'd never get married, because a man from the future told her she'd marry a super strong, super fast, flying Superman.

Why do I get the feeling that Clark will take what clearly appears to be a threatening situation and blow it way out of proportions and try to blame it on Lois in an effort to leave the doghouse?
Oh, dear. Is Clark becoming predictable? laugh

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Yep. evil Evil Fic Writer strikes again! spider

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Flipping open the newspaper in his hands, Clark flashed the headline to Jimmy.

“Lois went on a date with Superman?” Jimmy voice wavered in disbelief. “Our Lois?”
wave
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thank you for the great laugh comments!

To one it's a cheating girlfriend, to the other a byline-stealing bitch.
It's always fun to one conversation with two different meanings.

Yes, Superman had best go on a lot of public dates with Linda King. Give her exclusives. Go skinny dipping in Centennial Fountain.
Yeah, that wouldn't end him up chained to the doghouse with Kryptonite.

So sad. He's truly whipped.
Good thing he's invulnerable then.

Hmm... "Superman's Gay - Read all about his date with metropolis's most eligible bachelor on page 2" Or "Superman's Menage Au Trio"
Wow, Michael, I didn't know you wrote for Dirt Digger Weekly.

He really doesn't know how to quit when he's ahead, does he?
Ah, no.

So, no Superman stories in the Planet, I guess.
It wasn't a Superman story, it was Superman's press conference speech. Two different mediums.

That can't be good. Is Tempus back, somehow?
Ding! Ding! Ding! Get the man a Clarkie Bear!

Lex wit ha beard? Her Irish ex-boyfriend? Someone else?
Have I lost you so quickly?

May I slap him? Please? I've got a Kryptonite ring. And a Kryptonite-studded baseball bet. So I should be safe. So, may I please slap him until he's silly? Should be a great improvement.
Wow, between you and EvelynC my characters are going to end up in the hospital and soon. Go ahead, slap him once or twice, but he'll need to be K-free for the next few parts...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, that wouldn't end him up chained to the doghouse with Kryptonite.
So, Clark chained up in a small room with Lois as his keeper? Hmm... jawdrop

/goes back scene hunting/

Yes, that was the third and final H.G. Wells and Tempus scene. The damage has been done, now the repercussions will follow.
blush blush I took that as the third and last time we'd see either Wells *or* Tempus. Then there was the estranged wive, the burnt out time window, etc. So I really took this as the door to Tempus is closed for good. blush Guess, I didn't take a love struck Tempus into account. Or did they actually change the future and this is a different love struck Tempus? /gets a headache/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
blush blush I took that as the third and last time we'd see either Wells *or* Tempus. Then there was the estranged wive, the burnt out time window, etc. So I really took this as the door to Tempus is closed for good. blush Guess, I didn't take a love struck Tempus into account. Or did they actually change the future and this is a different love struck Tempus? /gets a headache/
Once you read Part 21, all hopefully will be made clear. wink Or, maybe you'll be even more confused.

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bearded man? BRITISH bearded man?? NIGEL???? [Linked Image] this is getting more and more complicated...

And I really have to said that Clark jealous makes me feel [Linked Image]

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Thanks for Reading. I've just updated all the links within Parts 20-Epilogue, so you can now jump from part to the next part easily as you'll find the link to the next part at the end of each part.

Bearded man? BRITISH bearded man?? NIGEL???? [Linked Image] this is getting more and more complicated...
Hmmm. Who was it again? [Linked Image]

And I really have to said that Clark jealous makes me feel [Linked Image]
This story IS called "Green-Eyed Monster" (aka jealousy). It will all be clear by the end. evil

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard