Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

I think I've finished (almost) writing the final Part!! dance Needs another read-through, possible a touch-up or two, and some Beta approval (hence the 37?) We'll see. /sigh/

Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/12/14 02:34 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois didn’t need to be to work until noon on Monday. Jonathan Kent gave her a lift to the bookstore in his truck.
/sits back and waits for flashback with Martha/

She couldn’t believe she had actually considered staying by herself in the apartment that night and was glad that Clark had offered to let her stay with him.
Can't be with Clark. Can't be without. Hmm... maybe they could switch Lois stays at his parents' place, Clark in Lois's apartment?

She had conveniently forgotten to add her boyfriend’s name to the byline as promised.
Oops? So, will Lois get a chance to squash mosquitoes in her delivery room?

Lois’s heart had thudded loudly in her chest. Wow, the Wichita Eagle had a subscriber list of over fifty thousand.
Oh boy.

Clark would love to share in some of that praise, too, missy.
Looks like Ivy is upset with Lois. /gets popcorn/

How many fires had broken out in apartment buildings in that area of Hob’s Bay recently? She was beginning to wonder if there was an arsonist behind it all.
Oh dear. /sees a rescue coming up/

“Can I move in with you?” she had practically begged Martha after seeing the spread.
goofy And I'm sure Claude would lie. And produce a certificate proclaiming his virginity if it helped him get into some pants.

Truly? Weeks? Goody, goody, gumdrops! Her inner passionate side was so reveling in this information that it regressed several decades.
goofy

“Is what, dear?”

Didn’t Tempus tell you that your descendants help create the utopian world that he hates? Wouldn’t that mean that Clark is built like a human male? Anatomically correct, that is.
Well, he has two...tentacles on his hips. Then there's the bullseye, the manual says you might push to activate him. And...

“I don’t know if I could have handled two of him.” Martha had laughed. “At once.”
I'm sure Lois could manage. After all, she has Ivy to assist. /imagines Clark's telepathy firing up when Lois and Clark consummate and then Kal and Ivy meet and figure things out for themselves./

“No! Like. Like. Definitely like,” Lois had clarified, extremely poorly. Neither her inner voice nor Martha believed her.
goofy

ois’s heart clunked around her ankles. “Lana?” And then fury had rumbled inside of her. “Lana Lang?”

“You know her? Oh, yeah, I guess you would. She was from Smallville, too, wasn’t she?” Martha had murmured softly.
laugh

. “It’s not Clark I’m angry at, Martha. Lana is a witch, a sorceress, an evil enchantress, bent on destroying young men. If she had anything to do with Clark’s phobia…”
/raises eyebrow/

Lois had gulped thinking sadly of her friend who had given her the globe. “He died.”
shock

Jonathan gasped. “Hauling off what?”

Oops. The cat’s out of the bag now, deary.

“Superman’s space ship,” Lois murmured.
Oh dear.

“Lane! Superman, the Kents, and Maisie! Were you this good of an investigator when you worked for me? Why didn’t you ever say anything?”
Well, she just stumbled across them. Nothing fancy.

Gotcha, Lane. I’ll throw in a copy of the Wichita Eagle as well.
So, Clark's going to find out?

He didn’t need to know about the exclusion of his byline from the Wichita Eagle and his name would be on the Smallville Post’s own article. She would still share the check, and that should placate him.
He doesn't look like he can be bought. So, is breaking up with Lois over this the bad thing he does?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, explain to me Lois's reasoning. help How can she possibly think that moving the relationship forward should be by sex, instead of talking directly and honestly to Clark and airing all of her "complaints" to him? She complains that he doesn't talk to her, but most of the time she isn't talking to him.

dizzy she's constantly giving Clark.

And yes, I do realize that Clark is a dense mess, but Lois, instead of giving him a clear message, just confuses him more.

This is quite frustrating!
Can I slap her? Can I just slap her? Huh! Huh??? Please!!! wildguy

EvelynC
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry, but there's not enough time to comment extensively tonight. I got one hour of sleep last night, and am still not tired, so I'm going to get a jump on an animation project (not really a jump, more like brainstorming and pre-vis), try some writing when that fails to pan out, and eventually watch a horror film at some time past midnight just because: (a) that's the best time to watch scary movies, (b) I haven't seen it yet, (c) I have a thing for James Marsden (and I love Frank Langella- though not in the same way :p ), and finally (d) because I want to actually be able to return it to Blockbuster on time tomorrow...

Anyway, to the point. clap Liked this chapter a lot! Interaction between Lois and Martha was both sweet and slightly awkward- but you struck the perfect balance between the two. I'm surprised that Martha doesn't want to take more initiative as a go-between for the two of them. It might soften the blow for Clark if he found out Lois knew but also had his mother's approval. On the other hand, it doesn't really force them to move their relationship forward. Although the sex talk... with his mom? Really? eek

Oh, and here's this:
“It’s not Clark I’m angry at, Martha. Lana is a witch, a sorceress, an evil enchantress, bent on destroying young men. If she had anything to do with Clark’s phobia…”

“Phobia?” Martha had asked, brow raised, but Lois had knocked the word out of the air
confused I'm siding with Martha on this one. Clark's slow to the uptake, but I wouldn't call it a phobia. I'd like to think that Clark's more than competent in... handling himself... in these situations if he'd only wanted to. I think Lois is just a little anxious herself to undertake such a task. But she should like it. I mean, she'd get to be in control. dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Yes, It's good that Clark is not Claude. laugh

Hmm... maybe they could switch Lois stays at his parents' place, Clark in Lois's apartment?
What a great idea! I wish Clark had thought of it.

So, will Lois get a chance to squash mosquitoes in her delivery room?
confused smile1 Or laugh... I was going for laugh... but... wave

Mouserocks: GET SOME SLEEP, GIRLFRIEND! What's this 'one hour' stuff?! You trying to beat my 4 hours a night? Huh? I know James Marsden is cute, but he's cuter in your dreams! Animation major! Super cool! I hope new L&C projects showing up soon on the FoLC Productions link, right? Oh, right, my story... hmmm...

Although the sex talk... with his mom? Really?
blush laugh Evil fiction writer at work. Well, Lois really needed to talk to someone about why Clark seemed to push her away whenever she wanted to move forward and it's not like she could talk to any other Superman expert... Hence why she thinks it's a phobia. In Lois's experience (Paul and Claude), all men want is to get women into bed, so Clark's reluctance confuses her.

WHAT? Pete? Pete Ross? Died? No. Maybe... no. Died of embarrassment perhaps? Or... actually died? If Lana Lang screwed up Pete so bad that he actually died (going to leave out guesses for now), then what did she do/could she have done to Clark? Wondering also about the involvement of one Lana Lang into the plotline (villain potential! Yay!) or if she's just backstory to complete the picture that comprises Lois and Clark's relationship.
Yes. Sorry, in my story, Pete died. More on Lana and Pete later. A bit more of Lana and Clark coming up. I was always disappointed that the show didn't focus on Lana more and Pete at all. So, Pete keeps showing up in my stories. Ok, before I have to issue any spoiler alerts, I'll post this reply. wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong>
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> So, will Lois get a chance to squash mosquitoes in her delivery room?
confused wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Just wanted to say how much Iam enjoying your story and look forward to the next update

Mpj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mpj: Thank you. And Welcome to the boards. I'll post next part either late tonight or early tomorrow.

Michael: Why would Lois be delivering a baby in the... oh, you mean Receiving room. blush Okay. Now, it makes sense. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard