Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 6...

It was after ten o’clock that night when Sam announced that Lois was finally dilated enough to move to their make-shift hospital. The mother had calmed down again. That flare-up of super abilities had reverted to a normal labor an hour later, then reared its ugly head again about four-fifteen and then again a couple hours later when her waters finally broke. Her temperature had fluctuated between normal ninety-eight point six to one-hundred five point three. They were all tired and exhausted, especially Lois, by the time Sam made the announcement. He had taken another nap that afternoon and Ultra Woman had returned to the office after lunch, only to be called home again at four thirty. Clark had been on duty all day, refusing to leave, refusing to take a break, except when Lois was in the bathroom.

Lois knew that in some ways, Clark felt as close to this baby as if it were his own. He was holding on to Lois’s hand, while rubbing her back, when Sam told them the news. “Oh, yea! It’s almost over.” She smiled.

Sam shook his head. “No, sweetie. The hard part is just beginning.”

“What?!” Lois gasped.

“This has only been labor. You still have to do birth.”

Lois’s eyes actually rolled back in her head with exhaustion and only Clark’s calm voice revived her. “Think of Lara.”

She blinked. Right. Her daughter. “I’m so tired. Can’t I sleep for a while?”

Sam shrugged. “Go ahead and try. Don’t think it’s going to happen, do you?”

The contractions had come so closely together they felt like they were on top of each other at times. She had gone through sixteen cups of ice-chips in the last three hours alone. She looked up at Clark. He looked so much like her Clark that she almost felt him present. “Don’t leave me.”

Clark smiled down at her. “Wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.”

“I love you so much,” Lucy said, pulling him in for a kiss on her lips.

“I’ll relay the message to Clark,” he murmured. “Or better yet, you do it.”

This Clark would never let her daydream, not even once, that he was her Clark. He always reminded her that he was the other Clark. He didn’t want her to fall into the trap of believing he was her Clark, of pushing herself over the edge towards delusion again. Although he never stopped her from kissing him from time to time either, Lois noticed.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:39 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Lois - guess there are complications when your baby is part Kryptonium.

You had me laughing when Clark decided it wasn't a good idea to be in the room with a naked Kal's Lois and his Lois.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I've pitied poor alt-Clark since both Lois's entered his life... one was hard enough, two... clap Who knows what canon Clark would do with two of them?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Tries to sneak another FDK in without anyone noticing goofy

“She’s never going to forgive me, is she?” Lois murmured.

“It’s me she’ll never forgive. You’re only human.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I finished editing Ch 3 for the Archives. Only 7 more to go. It should be easier as 3 went faster than 2. Thank you, Betas! I can totally tell the difference between where you helped me out and before. blush PS: Mozartmaid, thank you, thank you. My characters are no longer smiling every other line and their motivations are now clearer. :rolleyes: What in the world had I been thinking?

Michael: Back to you! Think I can catch up before you go back to work? Nah, I'm doubting it either.

Well, what? Baby doesn’t even know Mommy’s there.
Sam was reacting to Clark saying she was alone, not the Baby.

Oh boy. “No, officer. His nose has always been on the backside of his head.”
laugh

Which would set her on a path to death!
Everyone makes sacrafices to become a parent. Some more than others. (Just don't tell Clark, either of them. They might be lunkhead enough not to figure it out for themselves).

You’re really setting this up so our mind is fresh on that when she goes home, huh?
Who me? <<bats eyelashes innocently>>

She’s gracious in that way. And you better never forget it that you don’t truly deserve her. So, no locking her up. Dumping her. Telling her ‘no’ when she wants to investigate a warehouse.
Her having superpowers helps with that last one.

One might almost think ‘coincidence’.
Nah!

Is that because ‘today’s’ the day they originally? Oh. So, the fourteenth it is, then. Because the fifteenth would be bad, too. Unless they didn’t die immediately during the birth.
Well, yes. But originally I had messed up calender wise and was stupidly look at 1998 not 1997. In 1998 the 13th was a Friday.

Huh. Losing the telepathic connection for the time between birth and teenage years? Just in time so daddy can always monitor when she tries to sneak boys into her room. Oh, wait, that would be Ultra Woman’s Lara.
Sorry, Michael. There is no UW Lara.

Superhero. Not supposed to cry. Otherwise, Dirt Digger will blab about hormonal Super Chick on the loose. And we wouldn’t want that headline, now would we?
Do you think Randy Goode is stupid enough to complain about a SUPERPOWERED woman on PMS? huh

That could be a fun conversation. OTOH, it might be a good way to slip in the oops-sorry-I-boinked-your-twin comment following an ‘I-forgive-you’.
laugh

So, good thing they’re not in a regular hospital?
Actually, still at Lois's apartment.

No mixing mercury into the baby!
Digital thermometer.

That could be…fun.
Fun?

Oooooooh! Fun!
Sorry, Michael, you're stuck in the hall with Sam and Clark.

Umm… Sam. They’re already…Well…training for making you a grandpops.
Really? I thought you'd go with the whole, 'he's been watching us? He better not give me pointers.' direction. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I finished editing Ch 3 for the Archives. Only 7 more to go.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
“Lucy’s just acting out her favorite scene from…”
From what?

“One Lex Luthor will do in a pinch. Interchangeable, I guess.”
Omg! Can I have them both? What's one without the matching pair!?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
“Lucy’s just acting out her favorite scene from…”

From what?
Exorcist.

Not quite a set of bookends. One's bald and the other's dead.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b]“Lucy’s just acting out her favorite scene from…”

From what?
Exorcist.

Not quite a set of bookends. One's bald and the other's dead. [/b]
Wigs & perfume, baby, wigs. and. perfume.

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard