Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/12/14 02:38 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
clap laugh
Clark opened the door and stepped back inside, dropping her keys in her palm. “Ready to fly?”

Lois’s jaw dropped.
jawdrop ^my reaction too.
Had Clark been paranoid all this time about Lois seeing him without his frames, only to have her not recognize him? Or had she recognized him and just not said anything?

Lois would have said something.

His brow furrowed.

Wouldn’t she have?
laugh Wouldn't you like to know, Clark...
“Hello, everyone. Lenny Stokes, again, and that was Age of Aquarius / Let the Sun Shine In by the Fifth Dimension, dedicated by Molly and everyone at Molly’s Greenhouse Bookstore to Superman.” The DJ paused a moment in thought. “I wish I could say something profound or even funny but, Molly, I think you’ve nailed that one. This is the dawn of Aquarius. Next up, Mary visiting from Gotham City says we need to play Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out For A Hero. Well, duh! I can’t believe it took 24 hours before I got this dedication. People, this one should have been obvious. My question to you, Mary, is… are you saying that you’ll take Superman as your hero or are you still ‘holding out’ for yet another hero? If so, girl, you are hard to please! Good luck with finding a better hero for Gotham City, Mary. Metropolis will be happy to keep Superman.”
Tried listening to both songs. "Holding out for a hero" was perfect (and like Stokes, wondered why it took so long for that to come out wallbash ) but I had to turn off "Age of Aquarius" after the first minute (couldn't take it!)

Great chapter! Possibly best yet (well, besides that nice little steamy one a few parts back...) Really liked the dynamics you painted here. Looking forward to more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Clark was adopted, right?”

“Yes.”

“And he doesn’t have multiple personalities?” Lois doubted he did, but she was covering all her bases.

Martha laughed. “None that I’ve noticed.”

Lois nodded and took a deep breath, holding it while she asked, “And he doesn’t have a twin brother, does he?”

The pause was longer this time, the laughter a mere echo from before, “Not that I’m aware of, dear.”
Somebody's in tro-ouble!

Well, that settles it. Clark has been lying to you.
No. He was telling the truth. From a certain point of view.

“Could you tell your son to please stop lying to me, then?” Lois demanded.
hyper And I'm warning you. If I exceed my graemlin limit, I'm splitting the post.

True, he was partly to blame.
'partly'? And it's Lois's fault that Tempus showed up?

Lois had told him that Mayson changed her mind about sharing pizza with them.

Yes, that had been stupid of you to invite Mayson without checking with your girlfriend first, Kent.
Ya think?

It felt good to talk to Mayson, having her soothe his bruised ego with her clear attraction to Clark Kent, especially after Lois had been sending him mixed messages all day.
Didn't you mention in the thread over on FF Challenge that you have Clark do some real dodo in here?

Lois and Mayson seemed to get along and he could still hear them talking nicely to one another after he blasted into the air as Superman. It would be good for Lois to make some female friends.
/blinks/ Imagines Clark in the passive/aggressive situation from 'What Planet Are You From?' To paraphrase: "No, Clark, I don't mind you returning the video while I'm in the delivery room."

Right, so she could spend her spare time with them instead of you?
Cage fighting? Making money in the mud fight pits of Suicide Slum?

“I’ve never had hot takeout pizza before, Clark.”
Yes, the marvels of air-service.

You’ll never have to eat cold take-out again with me as your boyfriend, Lois.
How about say it out loud?

“I loved him. Simply loved him. I can see why he’s your best friend. He is so sweet and kind and funny. Flying with him will be one of the highlights of my life.”
Awwww, but she is still playing with fire.

“He’s quite fragile, isn’t he?”
So sad. And so funny. /imagines Lois doting and cooing over Superman/

“Fragile? He’s not fragile, Lois.”
laugh

Lois set the fish on the table and wrapped her arms around his neck, “I wish you trusted me enough to introduce him to me earlier, Clark.” She pressed a kiss onto his lips. “I sometimes just don’t know what to do about you.”
Awwwww

How can you say that you trust her, when you believe she’s thinking of cheating on you with that Superman fellow? Oh, wait, he’s you.
Yes. And he does make Forrest Gump look like Einstein. Actually, he makes a tree stump look like Forrest Gump.

Really? She still wanted to talk about that guy? Doesn’t she know that Kal-El isn’t real? He is just a part of the package that is Clark Kent.

Lois reached over and caressed his cheek. “I’m not going to leave you for him, Clark. I promise you that. He can’t hold to a candle to you.”
See? She's helping you.

“I was just trying to get to know you better through him,” she continued. “Try to understand better the puzzle that is Clark Kent.”
See? Little words. *Big* letters.

“No, I guess not. I am pretty irresistible,” she admitted. “But if you keep this up, it will be midnight before we get back to your apartment.”
laugh

“I’ve decided new locks or no, I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep here tonight.” Then she grinned naughtily at him. “Not by myself anyway.”
laugh

She didn’t just say what you think she just said, did she?
Yes she did. Lois gets the bed. You the couch. Oh, wait...

“And if you stay here,” she continued staring him deep into his eyes, her fingers dancing across his chest. “… I guarantee you, neither of us will sleep.”
Great. Now you've given him a hard choice wink

Clark gulped. “Yes, my place would probably be better then.”
Coward. It's okay to sleep with your fiancee. After all, you proposed. Kinda. And she accepted. Kinda.

Chicken! You would love nothing more than to make love to this woman, Kent. What are you so scared of?
Stamina?

Oh, yeah, like that would be better? Making love to the woman of your dreams only to have her dump you for another man.
Then you just have to be really attentive and good?

Lois stared at him. “I know, Clark. Kal told me you don’t jump into bed with women. I guess that’s why I felt comfortable enough to tease you. I’m sorry.”
Bad Lois. I actually thought she was half serious.

“He told you. He told you. I’ve kept his secrets for years and he meets my girlfriend and within two hours, he tells her I have intimacy issues. Did he tell you I’m a virgin, too?”
jawdrop /goes calling the nice men in the white coats with the giant butterfly nets/

Lois gasped in surprise.

No. But you just did.
Yep. And I wonder if Lois gasped because she just saw Clark going completely bonkers or because of his sexual state.

Clark picked it up and noticed inside the trashcan an open box of condoms.
What now?

His hands began to shake as he picked it up. Out slid three condoms into his palm. Three condoms left in a box of ten?
confused Did she pack seven just to be ready for him? And why did she dispose the rest? And we *know* she's not serial dating, so... And it's can't belong to the burglars, can it? Did they actually have an orgy at Lois's place?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Told ya.

Clark opened the bathroom door and stomped across the room to Lois. He held up the box of condoms. “What’s this?”

She gulped, her eyes wide, staring at him. “Trash.”

He raised a brow. “Trash?”

Lois turned away from him. “Yes. Trash.”
That's not good.

“May I ask with whom you used the other seven condoms from this box?” His eyes were in slits.

She looked at him, pain and tears dancing in her eyes from his accusation. “They were stolen,” she whispered, her voice wavering. “By the burglars.”
huh

If you and Lois had used these condoms…
She might be preggers and in need of a super husband.

“I will never cheat on you, Clark. Please trust me.”
Yes. And with whom, anyway? Superman?

Maybe you should suggest he move in with you, so you can have him around all the time. Full time security.
Ooooooo and they'll need more condoms that way. Or placebo pills for Lois.

You said you would wait until he was ready, Lois. You should have told him you were already ready.

What? The box of condoms she bought wasn’t enough of a hint?

Touché!
laugh

“And invulnerable is spelled v-u-l-n, not v-u-n-l.”
laugh

Nope. I want to try you out.
Then she needs to crank the handle to get things started.

“Ready to fly?”

Lois’s jaw dropped.
laugh

If Clark’s ever going to move in with you, you need something higher with a balcony where Superman can take-off and land without being seen by everyone. You live in a basement with windows almost too small to crawl through.
/hands Lois the classifieds section/ Although, I'm sure his room in the cafe is large enough for two.

. A place with a private bedroom would be nice too.
/(mis)interprets this as a bedroom with windows where nobody can peek in but still exposed to the sun most of the day/

Lois would have said something.

His brow furrowed.

Wouldn’t she have?
/raises eyebrow/

Why would Superman give his exclusive first interview to someone from a small-town paper?
He likes em spunky and brunette?

Superman should really give his exclusive first interview with someone with no ties to Clark whatsoever, someone from a big city paper, like the Metropolis Star. But if Superman gave his exclusive to Linda King after hearing what he had from Lois’s earlier discussion with the woman, Clark would never be forgiven. As Superman or his best friend. There was some sort of bad blood between Lois and Linda; what it was, he did not know.
Yep. Thought so, too. *that* would be too much for Lois to bear. Although, she'd still need to find Kryptonite.

“Lois?” he called, tenderly, yet loud enough for her to hear. “Open up, honey. It’s Clark.”

She turned her back to the door and buried her face in her hands. “Leave me alone.”
What's going on?

Oh, great, Flyboy. How long were you gone?
Bad Clark.

“Hi, Lois,” he said, stepping towards her with outstretched arms. Suddenly, an overnight bag was shoved into his chest.

“You owe me. Big time, Kent,” Lois grumbled.
laugh

Let’s go. Your mom better have some kind of chocolate dessert on hand for me.”
laugh

At least she trusted him enough to still come home with him.
Parents sleeping right next door.
Well, he wouldn’t have to worry about her coming on to him with his folks in the next room. Yea, lucky him.
And just before Lois returned to her room, Martha caught her and told her that she and Jonathan always sleep with earplugs in the city.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Glad you liked this chapter. I wasn't sure about it, because Clark kind of goes off the deep end at times, emotionally (and mentally). Yes, Chicago. You'll notice this Clark visits different places than canon Clark. He goes to Costa Rica beaches, instead of Hawaii. He gets pasteries in Denmark instead of France. He likes deep-dish pizza from Chicago. wink Clark was rushing off to Chicago to buy locks so he only heard the first part of Lois and Mayson's conversation before he was in another state. My guess, he can't hear that well. Lois took this into account and didn't get really into their conversation until after they had talked about Superman flying by. I see you're not the Hair fan. laugh

Michael: Clark, trouble? Nah. wink

No. He was telling the truth. From a certain point of view.
Yeah, Lois! Brush up on your Star Wars!

I do guarauntee you that this Clark isn't ALWAYS a lunkhead, just usually. laugh

Coward. It's okay to sleep with your fiancee. After all, you proposed. Kinda. And she accepted. Kinda.
He doesn't know that. And I don't think this Clark has problems with stamina.

Bad Lois. I actually thought she was half serious.
Who said she wasn't half-serious?

Yep. And I wonder if Lois gasped because she just saw Clark going completely bonkers or because of his sexual state.
A little of both.

Why steal seven condoms and tamper with the rest? Why not tamper with all of them but leave them supposedly undisturbed? Much less conspicuous.
There is no IQ tests for burglars. They said, "oooh, condoms" and then said, "Hey, you know what'd be really funny?" Actually, this tampered condoms bit comes from a story of a friend of mine whose brothers did this to their parents... nine months later... eek

“Lois?” he called, tenderly, yet loud enough for her to hear. “Open up, honey. It’s Clark.”

She turned her back to the door and buried her face in her hands. “Leave me alone.”
What's going on?
First time he's used a 'dash-and-run excuse' on her. She has no TV and doesn't know what happened to him.

And just before Lois returned to her room, Martha caught her and told her that she and Jonathan always sleep with earplugs in the city.
I wish I had thought of that. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who said she wasn't half-serious?
goofy

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard