Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks to everyone still following this story! Can't wait to hear what you all think!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done. (i would insert a clapping graemlin here but its too hard to do from my phone.) Evil, but well done. I jumped straight to C=S but then I know things Lois doesn't, don't I? OK, so there's an intermediate revelation. C=K. Clark is Kryptonian. Just like his brother........ Superman. I admit I didn't expect that but it makes sense.

this is all so frustrating but it makes for such an exciting story to read!

i am especially happy Lois finally fully accepts that she loves clark. Even if she wont tell him because she needs to talk to superman first. yikes!

poor clark. walking on egg shells because lois knows. feeling disheartened to realize she doesnt know. now so happy thinking there are no more secrets. if he only knew...

looking forward to reading more....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Amazing!! Amazing writing and amazing the way Lois' mind works-- her now being convinced thumbsup

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
So beautiful!! I loved the 'us against the world' statement! And I liked you cataloging how each would play a game--definitely reflected their characters very well. But still... Lois doesn't see the WHOLE truth yet... and I'm worried with Luthor still at large. But we're heading towards the end of the story, so I'm excited to see how it will all play out--even if I'm a little sad to see it all end. wink
Excellent writing, AntiK! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This part was truly evil. evil

well done.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! hyper

Time for Clark to come clean about what he knows about his "brother" or things could get messy. He needs to tell her everything that happened when he was Luthor's 'guest' or there are still secrets... Secrets that could lead Lois to believing that Clark actually has a brother.

I can see how Lois would jump to this assumption about Clark's "brother". Does she think that Cloneman is the real Superman? That he is the same man she met back at the beginning? Or that he just took over when Clark got amnesia? Because she definitely thought that Clark saved them from Nightfall, right? Or did she just think that he had the power to save them from Nightfall because of being Kryptonian? I love that Lois believes in the goodness of Superman so much that she can only believe he can be bad if Luthor was blackmailing him into it.

Luthor on the loose? eek Not good. Glad they didn't call Martha and Jonathan. Gee, I wonder how the bad man got away? Hmmmm. Bad, Cloneman, Bad!

It must have taken hours and hours for Henderson to call them, because those games aren't 5 minute games. I'm glad that Lois allowed Clark to distract her in this manner. Much better than her going out to search for Superman. (which we all know she was doing when she wanted to go for her walk).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I wasn't sure I'd like this chapter when the last one ended with Lois being upset. But...that's alot to put on a person and she has every reason to be confused. It's interesting how she's got part of the picture right. The assumption that Superman is Clark's brother would be more logical than the possibility that Superman is now a clone created by Luther.

It's great to see Lois work through her feelings and acknowledge that what she loves about Clark hasn't changed a bit.

Great chapter!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jimmy's absence made the apartment seem twice as large, ten times as stifling, and as silent as a cemetery.
Love this wording.

And yet...he was so much more in addition to that. The most human person I knew, I had told him, but he was also Kryptonian. The most honest person I knew, and yet he possessed a secret larger than any other I had ever discovered. The gentlest man I had ever known, and yet he had at one point possessed enough strength to almost single-handedly shove an asteroid away from Earth.
Very nice.

I looked for echoes of Superman, reflections of the hero I had worshipped, but all I could see was Clark.
Which is all he really wanted from you anyway, so it's all good. smile

It was shocking enough to realize that Superman had a brother--that Clark had a brother; to try to puzzle out their obviously complex relationship was almost too much. And yet I had to try, had to figure it out, had to make sense of the deluge of confused memories and ambiguous statements and oblique conversations drowning me in their heavy, enveloping depths.

How did two alien brothers--one who thought of himself as human, raised by human parents and living a human life; the other, I assumed, older so that he had held himself aloof and hidden until he could unveil himself behind a Kryptonian symbol--how did they face the changes that had occurred in their lives?
Close, Lois. But not quite. 10 points for trying though. But wait, doesn't she know that Clark is an only child?

Suddenly I knew--Clark thought his brother was dead.
clap

I moved my hand to intertwine my fingers with his. "It's enough for me," I whispered.

And I wasn't lying when I told him that.
clap

I already had my hand on the doorknob when his quiet, broken voice froze me as solid and as motionless as a statue. "Please, Lois...don't go."
clap

"Like..." He shrugged. "Play board games."

"Board games," I repeated flatly. "Clark, if you don't think I'll find any answers outside, what makes you think I could possibly find them in a *board game*?"

He tried a tiny smile and another, smaller shrug. "At least in Trivial Pursuit, the answers are all typed out on the card."
clap

"Now I'm not going to go easy on you."
*sigh* This has a double meaning, doesn't it?

What if I wanted more than friendship?
Awww! Love it.

"And whatever else might come up? Are we that, too?"
*does a happy dance*

. I won Monopoly fair and square; truthfully, I wasn't sure how Clark managed his real bills after the way he lost all his money so quickly
laugh

"Lois, he's gone. We don't know where he went. We picked up Mrs. Cox and his Indian servant, and they claim Luthor was in the building, but...we can't find him. He's gone to ground."
Uh oh! Something tells me that Cloneboy has a hand in this.

"There was also something else." Henderson paused--not waiting for a reply, but steeling himself to finish. "One of Superman's Suits, torn up, mangled, missing the cape. There's no blood on it, but beside it, we found a vial of what forensics thinks will match the alien tissue we found on the remnants of that cape your paper discovered after Nightfall."
Or did Luthor realize that Cloneboy was starting to fall for Lois and kill him?

His hands clenched into tight fists. He squeezed his eyes shut, his head tilted up to the last, disappearing rays of twilight's muted sun.
Love how this follow just the mere mention of the Kryptonite. Nicely done.

"Yes, he did," I replied soberly. "He hurt me every time he hurt you."
So beautiful!

And I knew then--knew without a single doubt or question--that I loved him.
So happy to see this revelation! *does another little happy dance*

"I don't have anymore. You know them all now."
Erm....not quite. There's still the small matter of Lois thinking that Cloneboy is your brother and that he's Superman.

Another fantasic chapter! I'm so glad to see Lois accepting the puzzle pieces that she's locked into place...and finding that she loves Clark for Clark. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I think this is a brilliant story - I've been chapter-hunting on this all along. And your writing style is very evocative and lyrical.

That said, I don't buy her thinking Superman was his brother. Every other thing that Clark's said in his letter and his mutterings indicates that Superman is a fake, Luthors responsible and Clark has been robbed of his identity.

That being said - it's your story - and you write it as you see fit. I am still a huge fan of it and cannot wait to read the rest.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Originally posted by L:

I think this is a brilliant story -
That said, I don't buy her thinking Superman was his brother. Every other thing that Clark's said in his letter and his mutterings indicates that Superman is a fake, Luthors responsible and Clark has been robbed of his identity.
I agree. I found that really hard to swallow as well: it just makes Lois too stupid, as it seems to be the result of some rather convoluted and contorted (contrived?) thinking. I'm also left wondering what happened to the big anvil that Clark dropped so brilliantly with regards to the globe and the Fortress of Solitude. Lois didn't seem to miss those hints after Jimmy explained them, but now is suffering from selective amnesia or something?

Otherwise I've really enjoyed the carefully handled limited perspective, suspense, angst and cleverness of this story.

And, despite my reservations, I'm willing to bide my time and see if you can make this latest twist work with the story by making it relevant to the plot somehow (or otherwise convincing). So ... please post as soon as you can.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Until then....well, I needed something to distract myself, and the exposé on Luthor was enough to keep my attention.
I'm sensing part 22.

Were Clark's powers gone forever?
That's what sunlight's for goofy

"As long as you want," he returned, stubbornly refusing to let go of one last tendril of hope.
Ooooo, such double meaning wave

Michael

Edit:
It struck me that Clark treated me almost like a wild animal he was afraid of scaring off, a creature of unfathomable beauty that enthralled him, a being he wished to draw to himself and yet despaired of ever touching. It was a fanciful image, but it lodged itself in my mind.
How could I skip this? DC's so right. My thoughts exactly.

And another one:
But how had Luthor figured out that Clark was Kryptonian?
Totally missed this. Too many LnC stories to keep facts straight blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
O M G! Just got back from vacation and read the last 3 parts. I don't even know how to respond. Luthor got away, Lois knows he is (or was) Superman but thinks the imposter is his brother. She finally realizes she's really in love with him. Love it all!! Can't wait to see what's next!!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The way I read this, I get the impression Lois still does not suspect that Clark is (or was) Superman.

First, she thought there was Clark and Superman. Clark was human; Superman was Kryptonian and could do things NO other man could do. Clark said Superman was "an imposter," but that was clearly just plain crazy. Impossible. A look-alike *might* fool you if he was just standing there talking, but no look-alike could fly, see through walls, and melt steel with his eyes! No... Superman is Superman. No way humanly possible that anyone could do the things Superman does. No way this guy could be an imposter.

Now, Lois realizes Clark is Kryptonian. I think it is much more reasonable for Lois to continue to think Superman is Superman, but come to the conclusion that this other Kryptonian, who now that she thinks about it sure does bear a striking resemblance to Superman, must be his brother, than for her to jump to the conclusion that Lex hired a mad scientist to create a clone of Superman. Even if she *did* come up with the entirely off-the-wall thought that Superman might be a clone(!), wouldn't it be more reasonable to think Clark's brother (the real Superman) had died during Nightfull than that Clark - what, has multiple personality disorder? hyper ) and seeing how accurate my observations might be. I've been known to be *way* off in the past. blush I've got to say this really is a unique and fascinating story. And, of course, just plain evil

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I was very excited to hear what people would think of this chapter, so thanks for the great feedback, everyone!

Vickie, I love the way you put that: 'intermediate revelation.' smile1 And I love your comment about Lois believing so wholly in Superman's integrity!

Thanks, scifiJoan--glad you liked it. Sorry to scare you with the end of the last chapter (I'm also not one to really enjoy Angry Lois). And, yes, very logical conclusion she's come to. Are you saying you don't believe it? wink

So much of your feedback makes me laugh, Deadly Chakram--thanks! I love your insights into Clark, not only in your own story, but also just in the comments you leave! And a double meaning? Me? laugh

Thanks, L! I'm delighted to hear you've been reading and enjoying! Thanks for commenting!

Betty, I'm glad you're still going to read. Hope I don't disappoint!

Darth Michael, I love your comment about Lois focusing on the fact that Clark's an honest man--very astute. I got quite a laugh out of the mental image you evoked about a cartoon Lois running from the phone. sloppy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much of your feedback makes me laugh, Deadly Chakram--thanks! I love your insights into Clark, not only in your own story, but also just in the comments you leave! And a double meaning? Me?
Glad I can make you laugh. Some of your beta comments to me on "What Is Eternal" had me in stitches! laugh

Keep up the awesome chapters! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
blush

Columnist
Columnist
I had been reading this on FF, but then I found it here & was like a kid in a dark & twisty candy store!

"& just when you think you've got me figured out, the season's already changing..." This song lyric popped into my head reading this part.

Love it, of course!

.talk nerdy to me.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for the feedback, MrsLuthor! So glad you enjoyed the story--and what an appropriate lyric!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard