Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 07:07 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It seems on Krypton infants are married off to one another, so Ultra Woman and Superman were married as infants…”
I'm starting to get Lois' plan! I hope she doesn't keep Clark in the dark too long.

Great idea to use Lola for the body.

Yeah! What a great way to bring Lois and Clark together (or should I say Ultra Woman and Superman) smile1 .

Glad to see the baby will be making his/her appearance soon. Looking forward to seeing how the switch takes place.

Minor question - I thought the transfer of Superman's power in our universe was only temporary. Can we assume the same laws don't apply since we're in an alternative univers?? wink

Looking forward to the next installment.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Minor question - I thought the transfer of Superman's power in our universe was only temporary. Can we assume the same laws don't apply since we're in an alternative universe?? wink
Superman transferred his powers in canon dimension twice. Once with Resplendent Man and once with the little boy everyone thought was his son. With the little boy, it wasn't direct contact -- Superman was holding the plane, not the boy, when he was struck by lightning, which is why the powers faded over time (3-6 months I think). With WWW Waldecker it was direct contact, but R. Man gave the powers back within about a week, so nobody knows if his powers were permanent or temporary. In my story, the characters assume that with direct contact the copying of powers would be permanent. hyper The laws of science and nature work the same in both universes. wink laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The laws of science and nature work the same in both universes.
Of course, these are *comic book* laws of science and nature. laugh

Yay! Lois has finally got her Clark, and Clark his Lois! Lex is left with an officially dead wife, and Superman has been reunited with his betrothed-at-birth-wife, Ultra Woman!

Well done.

Although Lois had to give up:
1) The baby
2) Her name
3) Her previous life as an ace reporter.

So this transformation was not without cost.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Next installment about to post. I know it actually feels like we've waited 9 whole months since I started posting this way back at the end of April. laugh Glad you liked my solution to Lois's dilemma.

IolthaneAlias: Yes, Lois had to give up something she never knew she wanted (the baby), something she had thought she had always wanted (her career as world-famous investigative journalist), and her name. And there was pain, lot of it. That Moonbeam, she always seems to know what she's talking about. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Lois had to give up something she never knew she wanted (the baby), something she had thought she had always wanted (her career as world-famous investigative journalist), and her name.
/slaps head/ The baby was easy. I kind of completely forgot about the rest, though.

Wait! The note he wrote to her when she was blind, apologizing for not telling her who he really was. He had signed it, Love Superman. What had she done with that? She ran to her room and found it still tucked into the pocket of her robe.
Oops/

She would put this with the rest of the chocolate that she had already relocated to Smallville.
razz And the rest of the newsroom is kind of oblivious? No one’s standing around in shock? Confusion? Despair? Perry’s not rushing to the Planet?

“Cat,” Lois said as her voice shook a bit. “Tell Lucy I think I accidentally took her shower this morning.”
goofy

“Oh and Cat,” Lois continued.

“Uh-huh,” Cat had replied.

“Could you tell Clark I need his help, please?”
She sounds very calm to me.

“Once I figured out that he was Superman, I realized he wasn’t the real story, she was. That’s why I went looking for Ultra Woman. Thanks for giving me a reason to stay out of the office.”
*G*

“Tell me who Ultra Woman is!” Cat had demanded on the tape.
Really, Cat? Does this mean Cat’s now in danger of getting dunked into the Hobbs River by Superman?

Clark opened the envelope Lucy had handed to him. The message inside read, Boom! Best of luck replacing your assistant. Intergang
Oh dear. So, what will Lex say when he learns of this? Will this cause a nasty divorce in the once happy Luthor-Intergang family? Will Lois become a widow?

“Your reaction?” Cat asked.
Is that…wise?

“Clark, wait! The body…” she called out to him, but he was gone.
In pieces? briquettes?

Sitting there on his bed was his old letterman jacket from Kansas State. He picked it up and a note fluttered into the air.

Clark,

Thank you for always being my hero. Now, it’s my turn to rescue you.

LL
Is she…? Telling him?

He thought Lucy was lost to him forever. He hugged the jacket tighter. Now, she really was.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: The rest always seems to fall through the cracks.

So, not boinking Clark?
This UW hasn't boinked Clark.

Well, she’s just have to manipulate his fury-release-valve and let his anger dissipate.
Gee, I hope she doesn't hold the blueprints upside-down.

Yes? Oh, and will he run off and get himself some green K to pull a Romeo to his Juliet?
And leave Lucy to fend for herself?

Would Lucy be sitting in the office like that if she had already learned of the explosion?
She knows her role. Wait for Clark. Give him the news.

So, when Zara shows up, will they call Superman a bigamist?
Hhhhmmmm. cool

Oh, so, Lois talked to Cat and then, in the crucial moment, she stepped onto the bombmat? Which would mean she’s likely dead by now. And Cat is excited about Ultra Woman?
Yes.

And the rest of the newsroom is kind of oblivious? No one’s standing around in shock? Confusion? Despair? Perry’s not rushing to the Planet?
Lois hasn't worked for the Planet for almost 4 years and while she was a good reporter, she didn't make many friends...

She sounds very calm to me.
In shock calm?

Really, Cat? Does this mean Cat’s now in danger of getting dunked into the Hobbs River by Superman?
So are we debating who is smarter: the lunkhead from Krypton or the gossip queen?

Will Lois become a widow?
One can always hope.

Is that…wise?
Probably not.

Is she…? Telling him?
Open wound. Add salt. Rub.

I thought they didn’t want him there?
Right. You tell Clark he can't come.

And Lois really said her Clark didn’t have the same hang-ups over lying?
To her?

Prefers to be rescued by sexy super heroine instead of big brawly guy in weird tights?
Potato? Tomato! evil

So, she gonna get pregnant again, now?
cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This UW hasn't boinked Clark.
So, you're playing the name-game now?

Gee, I hope she doesn't hold the blueprints upside-down.
confused I don't think that would matter. Much. It's pretty failsafe to operate.

And leave Lucy to fend for herself?
So, *now* he's thinking?

So are we debating who is smarter: the lunkhead from Krypton or the gossip queen?
Someone has to finish last?

Right. You tell Clark he can't come.
Maybe they could get Lex to tell him?

To her?
I didn't think the person mattered.

Well... maybe she will in the Archive rewrites.
Oooooooh

Would you like to use your hand or a 2x4?
No, a Lex would in a pinch, though.

cool
See? Is it so hard to be perfectly in regard to whether the comment holds a grain of truth?
wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard