Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 12...

Clark jogged up the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator. He had waited long enough. As he arrived to the newsroom, he could tell something was up by the buzzing in the air. He tiptoed behind Lois and covered her eyes. “Guess who?”

“Clark,” she said, her voice rough and wrong. Lois’s Lucy didn’t sound quite so Texan. That sounded like… he spun her around and looked into the damp eyes of Lucy, not Lois. Damp. Why were her eyes damp? Where was Lois?

“Lucy?” he asked and she glanced away.

“Clark!” Cat Grant called to him. “I want you to give a quote on this story,” she said waving a mini tape cassette.

“Aren’t you supposed to be covering the awards circuit in Hollywood?” Clark asked perplexed that she would try to order him around after her demotion back to celebrity news from acting editor. He still hadn’t forgiven her. Cat was one of the main reasons Lois blamed him for her humiliation by her own newspaper.

“Forget Hollywood, Gareth brought me back for this. This is bigger than all that.”

“You’re no better than a piranha, Cat,” Lucy said. “No, worse, a shark.”

“Why, Lucy, thank you for the compliment.” Cat nodded at her.

“What are you talking about? What story?”

Cat grinned. “Oh, even better! You haven’t heard.” She picked up Lucy’s mini tape recorder off her desk, dumped out the tape and put in hers, pressing play.

Cat! I found her. I found her!” It was Lois’s voice. “You are going to rue the day you ever tried to knock me down a peg.

Cat looked at the machine. “Let’s just fast forward over…”

Clark grabbed the machine away from her.

Tried to, Lois? Succeeded is more like it,” Cat had retaliated. “Found who?

Ultra Woman, of course.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 07:03 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Martha couldn’t believe that not knowing wasn’t eating him alive.
Isn't that the truth? This version of Clark seems to be hampered more by his emotions. I was thinking that those were preoccupying him.

How cute that Martha refers to Alt-Clark as 'your brother'.

This is an intriguing thought, given the subtle differences between the two Clarks and Loises:

He needs her in a different way than you need your Lois.”
I have a bad feeling about the girls' plan.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Queue ominous music... Yes, always be wary of Lois(es) with a plan! laugh In the beginning canon Lois decided to think of alt-Clark as her Clark's twin brother as a way to draw a line more firmly (in her mind) between them. As you can see it worked so well for her. wallbash This is where Martha picked it up the "brother" reference.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Martha set down the letter, reached over and hugged him. “Oh, Clark. I’m sorry. So very sorry.”
Awww. Only Clark doesn’t know about the baby goofy “I don’t know, Perry. They *all* get starry-eyed when I mention Lois getting hit by lightning…”

Martha stared at him in shock. “You’ve given up being Superman, Clark?”

“No. Just around her.”

“Oh.” Martha released her breath. She thought about that for a moment. “So, Superman has abandoned only her.”
goofy

And you think you have your hands full with your Lois.”
laugh

“Mom, this isn’t a letter. This is a suicide note.”
clap

“You might want to use Mr. Olsen’s. Our bathroom is a bit out of order. Forever.”
confused The bomb didn’t blow up yet.

“Intergang?” Lois asked.
Ooooh, they’re lucky. Will they blow Lois up? But where get the body from? Lola’s been in the ground for weeks now.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Oh, go use the other door, already.” Lois rolled her eyes.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: clap

She just doesn’t officially know. So, how’s that better?
Not better for her, better for him.

Right. Got another think coming, soon.
He wants truth? Well, he's going to get a whole floatilla of truth.

Is she trying to tell him Lois lost a baby?
Tough love!

It didn’t really click before. But why write a fake suicide note to Martha? Because Alt-Clark would read it?
It was TO Martha, not TO Clark. She needed to get him out of the way to go through with her plan. She expected Martha to TELL Clark what was in the letter (except the PS) and hit him over the head for being such a lunkhead and tell him to go back to his dimension to tell his Lois the truth. Great laid plans...

Actually, Kal is quite apt at it.
He didn't do it on purpose! It was an accident.

That’s full service for you. Joe’s Babooom Service - We take out the trash for you. It won’t even know we’re here.
laugh

Are they *hoping* he would read between the lines?
You have to read between the lines to see the sucide note, otherwise, she's just depressed. She doesn't WRITE she's offing herself.

Just think of your own TOGoM fiasco, Lucy.
Again! He didn't do that on purpose. But you still get the point.

I thought the will would deny him access?
Lucy doesn't know Lois's Will.

So, he will disassociate himself from her on account she faked her death to be able to be with him? And we have a winner in the interdimensional lunkhead championship!
I want to see that set of Olympic Games! laugh

They could poison his food?
She meant accidental food poison, but they could.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not better for her, better for him.
Superchicken.

Again! He didn't do that on purpose.
You keep saying that. But she still had to confront her feelings that night. Who knows what went on in that mind of his...?
/wagers guess: "Blubb. Lois. Ooooooooo Shiny colors. Looooove floating. Lois. Mmmmmm... Lois. Floating..."
So, you're right. Probably not an evil mastermind.

I want to see that set of Olympic Games!
I drove her off more!
No, I did!
/Superman II walks in: I slept with her, then took her memory of it, and left for Krypton/
/other Clarks look at each other and fall to their knees in worship/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I drove her off more!
No, I did!
/Superman II walks in: I slept with her, then took her memory of it, and left for Krypton/
/other Clarks look at each other and fall to their knees in worship/
rotflol We've got us a winner!

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard