Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81706 08/27/11 11:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks to everyone who stuck with this story. This was one of the most fun stories that I've written so far. I didn't think that a cross over would have any real draw, at least not a Xena one. Glad to see that I was wrong.

As always, feedback is welcome, appreciated, and earns you my love forever. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Lovely - especially like the disclaimer at the end.

A little surprised that Xena and friends didn't want to see more of the future, but maybe they know that too much knowledge can be dangerous.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Lovely - especially like the disclaimer at the end.

A little surprised that Xena and friends didn't want to see more of the future, but maybe they know that too much knowledge can be dangerous.
Thanks Marcus! I thought about doing more with them in the future, but maybe I'll be inspired to do a sequal set in Metropolis at some point. I'd like to, anyway. Just waiting for my muse to get cracking on a plot.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
wave

Thanks so much! Glad the ending worked for you. smile Clark *is* sometimes too nice...but then again, if we kill off Tempus then a sequel would be harder to write! Hmmm....I might have a kernel of a thought for a sequel...nothing big, but an idea nonetheless.
And last but not least... I would *love* a sequel placed in Metropolis! I really liked the pairing of characters and it would be interesting how Xena&co. would handle the tables being turned.

wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Another vote for a Metropolis sequel please - and remember, there are at least two 20th-century versions of X&G (the reincarnated ones from the forties and the recent clones) so you can do it without time travel!

Bonus points for Kevin Sorbo (Hercules' 20th-21st century alias) turning up too!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Another vote for a Metropolis sequel please - and remember, there are at least two 20th-century versions of X&G (the reincarnated ones from the forties and the recent clones) so you can do it without time travel!

Bonus points for Kevin Sorbo (Hercules' 20th-21st century alias) turning up too!
A challenge huh? I like it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
So glad that they got safely home! And I think my favorite part is when Lois immediately gets Clark into the sunlight and he instantly heals! Love the reactions from the visitors! lol

Too bad for Tempus--I can't imagine that he'll get off lightly this time for having hurt those cops. Not that I feel too sorry for him. smile

Wonderful ending!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
So glad that they got safely home! And I think my favorite part is when Lois immediately gets Clark into the sunlight and he instantly heals! Love the reactions from the visitors! lol

Too bad for Tempus--I can't imagine that he'll get off lightly this time for having hurt those cops. Not that I feel too sorry for him. smile

Wonderful ending!
Hiya Anti-K! Glad you enjoyed it. I had an absolute blast writing it. I loved writing the reactions - it was my favorite part of this chapter. Can't say that I feel too sorry for whatever happens to Tempus though. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your writing is really fun! I agree, a crossover between our favorite reporters and a certain female warrior was a little strange at first, but than I got hooked.

Thanks for the memories.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed.

With the laws as they currently are, since he is in an asylum for the criminally insane, he probably won't be tried for the murder of the guards.

If they had known that in advance I wonder if the decision to bring him back might not have been changed.

It would have been a more fitting end to have left him there.

Thank you for letting me have a small part in the preparation of this story. If you need any advice in the future on that or other issues, you have my address.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Your writing is really fun! I agree, a crossover between our favorite reporters and a certain female warrior was a little strange at first, but than I got hooked.

Thanks for the memories.
Thanks Morgana! Glad you had fun reading. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed.

With the laws as they currently are, since he is in an asylum for the criminally insane, he probably won't be tried for the murder of the guards.

If they had known that in advance I wonder if the decision to bring him back might not have been changed.

It would have been a more fitting end to have left him there.

Thank you for letting me have a small part in the preparation of this story. If you need any advice in the future on that or other issues, you have my address.
Hmmm...good point. Perhaps I will do some editing on that point. But I do think that Clark would have brought him back anyway. It just isn't his way to leave Tempus behind. Plus, look at at the trouble with the diary the last time Tempus got left in the past. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tempus could write a library full of books and it wouldn't matter. smile1

Different universe! dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Tempus could write a library full of books and it wouldn't matter. smile1

Different universe! dance
Very true laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"You have no idea of the speed he's used to," Lois said quietly, but with a wink at Clark.
wave Michael

PS: The link to FDK #11 also got an issue.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Although, he needs it, given the number of times he got shot up when his super-powers are on the fritz. Again.
Perhaps if we smack him in the head like a fritzzy appliance?

Like last week? When Lex Junior's Junior tryed to whack me with a pink kryptonite Superball(TM)? And Lois and to catch it and throw it out the window?
rotflol

Now, wouldn't that have been a twist?
lol That *would* have been good actually!

Actually, he belongs with Hades. I'm sure Tantalus wouldn't mind some company.
Hades would never have forgiven them for handing Tempus to him. wink

What a fun x-over, DC. Looking forward to the sequel. Just so there's no pressure
Glad you enjoyed it! I certainly enjoyed your feedback! No idea on a timeline for the sequel yet. But I did start Chapter 4 the other night (before I went off and did two challenge ficlets).

PS: The link to FDK #11 also got an issue.
Grrr! Why does that keep happening?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hades would never have forgiven them for handing Tempus to him.
Odysseus asks Xena when they meet while being chased by gods: "So, what did you do?"

"Sent Tempus to Hades"

"Ouch, you'd better stay far away from me. Don't want to get your bad karma."

But I did start Chapter 4 the other night
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Hades would never have forgiven them for handing Tempus to him.
Odysseus asks Xena when they meet while being chased by gods: "So, what did you do?"

"Sent Tempus to Hades"

"Ouch, you'd better stay far away from me. Don't want to get your bad karma."

But I did start Chapter 4 the other night
hyper

Michael
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard