Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Update: I just sent Part 31 to Beta. Working on Part 32. I see the end in sight. When it's finally finished, I'll start posting every other day. Sorry that this is SOOOOOO much longer than I thought it would be originally. blush My characters have a habit of going off and wandering away from the plot to make-out and then I've got to rein them back in. /shakes head/ Characters? What are you going to do? I love them, but they have a mind of their own.

Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/12/14 02:50 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh-ho-ho... *rubs hands together maniacally* Very interesting, indeed...

I had a lot of things I enjoyed or wanted to comment on in this chapter. I did. But it has now all flown out the window with these three parts:
“Cheater,” she called to him.

Instantly, he was by her side again. “Why do you say that?”

She placed the shell in the pocket of her dress, so she had a free hand to touch him. She placed it on his arm. “How could I possibly yell at you here?”
laugh At least Clark does know how to play his cards right. Poor Lois, not even allowed to vent a little to her boyfriend...
“Maybe…” He shook his head. “Langosta has beautiful sunsets.”

Was Clark about to suggest skinny-dipping?

No. He was about to suggest watching the sunset, Lois corrected her wayward mind.

Skinny-dipping with Clark? Hmmmm. Images followed these thoughts. Lois swallowed, stopping to get her fingers wet and press them against her neck.

“Hot?” Clark asked.

Extremely!

“A bit,” Lois replied with what she hoped was an innocent smile. Her being mad at him didn’t stop her from being attracted to him.
smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Linda King certainly wanted the honor, but after what he heard of her conversation with Lois, did he really want to give it to her?
Not if he hopes to have a relationship with Lois. Also, according to Mouserocks, him sleeping with her would also upset Lois.

It was probably why Perry spent all his free time editing and publishing that freebee weekly paper The Planet – named in honor of his beloved and deceased Daily Planet.
goofy

Some people couldn’t see what was right in front of them.
Erm... Pot. Kettle. Anyone?

Jimmy Olsen from the bookstore’s receiving room was taking photo after photo of him. What was he doing here? Did Perry post a memo on the bulletin board?
Well... Daily Books supports their own. Even if they're sidelining as spandex-clad Men in Tights.

But at least she doesn't know that you – Superman – is also Clark Kent or you – her boyfriend – would really be in trouble.
Umm...

Always leave them wanting more, Perry had told him.
Now, if he tried that with Lois...

Was that going to be the basis of their relationship? Him messing up and begging for her forgiveness? He hoped not.
Well, there's always such a thing as make-up...making-out.

“He caught the bullets like it was nothing,” gushed the grateful woman, wrapping her arms around Clark’s neck. “Thank you! Thank you!” She pressed a kiss to his cheek.

Clark cleared his throat and took a step away. “You’re welcome.” Then he gently moved her towards the policeman who was reading the mugger his Miranda rights.
Totally inappropriate, but I can't help but re-interpret the Miranda rights in light of her affectionate behavior goofy

He really did need a name for this other persona of his. Lois had called him ‘Superman’ which seemed to have caught on at the press conference, but Clark couldn’t call himself that. Could he? How arrogant would he sound?
"The press calls me 'Superman' but I usually go by 'Flying Freak'"?

“I would like to apologize…”

“About time,” Lois interrupted under her breath and Clark resisted the urge to wince. Yep, that was what she had been waiting for.

“… for frightening you the other night…” he continued.

She looked at him, perplexed. “Frightening me?”
Umm... not helping there.

Lois continued. “How stupid of me. Occam’s Razor! The probability of a ‘Superman’…” She flung her hand out at him as she spoke of him with her designated title. “… rescuing me is more likely than someone I knew finding me and taking me home in his truck.”
That's not good.

“Forgive you? For what? Rescuing me? Never! I’ll love you forever for that,” she snapped.
Yep. She's mad.

He raised a brow. Would she now?
He really needs to learn about passive aggressive behavior.

At least she doesn't know that Superman is also Clark or you would really be in trouble, Kent, his conscience repeated to him.
Umm...

Ha-Ha, Universe. Really funny.

I thought so, too.
Well, Parcae need a hobby, too.

“Lois, may we speak outside? It would be best if I wasn’t seen coming and going from your apartment.”
Yes, Clark in the morning and evenings, Superman during the day... The neighbors might talk and start stocking up on red light bulbs.

“Of course, I like the new suit. I love it.” She grinned naughtily at him. “Very sexy.”

Superman gulped and removed her hand from his chest. “I shouldn’t have come here,” he said glancing around.
Poor Clark. Finding out his girlfriend has a bit of Lucy in her.

“If you fly off every time we start to talk we’ll never move past this,” she told him.

“People will get the wrong impression, Lois.”
That she and Superman fly ... horizontally. Nope. Nothing's wrong there.

Soon they landed on a sandy beach surrounded by rocky dunes. Behind the dunes was a tropical forest, closing the beach off from the world.
Ooooooo clap

“How could I possibly yell at you here?”
I'm sure she'll find a way angel-devil

“Tell me the truth. Tell me who you are and tell me where we are.”
/ominous music/

“Skinny-dippers,” he murmured.
/sputters/

“Maybe…” He shook his head. “Langosta has beautiful sunsets.”

Was Clark about to suggest skinny-dipping?

No. He was about to suggest watching the sunset, Lois corrected her wayward mind.
Yeah... right. Also, since this beach is way more isolated, skinny dipping out here would be way more possible angel-devil

She lifted her skirt above her knees and waded deeper into the surf. She glanced over at him, biting lightly on her bottom lip. “Are you sure you don’t want to kick off your boots and join me? The water feels really cool and refreshing.” She lifted her skirt even higher and waded even deeper. “Divine.”
Playing with fire there. Okay, water. Same difference.

Let’s see if that man can resist a ‘come hither’ look.

Lois turned her back to the ocean and looked Clark directly in the eye, licking her lips.
/Imagines a 1960's pin-up image ala Marilyn Monroe.../

“Uh… Lois?...” Clark’s hand raised and he pointed beyond her. “Wave.”
/cocks eyebrow/

The water retreated and Lois stood there feeling – and she guessed looking – like a drowned kitten. Her gaze thundered at him where he tittered on the beach.
Bad Superman. Bad.

“Feel better?” he asked innocently.

“Much. Thanks,” she sputtered coming ashore. “So much for super speed.”

“You weren’t in any danger,” he replied unable to hold in the laughter any longer.
It's not the drowned kitten he should worry about.

She didn’t know if it was the wave or the fact that he hadn’t ‘rescued’ her or a combination of the two, but her ardor was now completely gone.
She could always jump him.

Water logged, you mean, coughed her inner voice.
/Imagines Inner Lois, wringing out her inappropriately short skirt./

Clark, who was trying hard not to stare at her, gulped.

Lois glanced down and noticed that her free flowing sundress now clung to her body tighter than his blue suit did to his. She raised a brow at his obvious discomfort. She ran her fingers over her hair and shook off as much water as she could.

Reap what you sow, Big Boy!
Oh dear. Baaaaaaad Lois. Baaaaaad. Clark's in a spandex suit right now. He's bound to have trouble facing you like this.

“Would you…” he stammered.

Oh, now? Now he was affected by her body? Now?
/shrugs/

If he keeps this up, you’ll have to take another dip in the ocean to cool off again.
I'm sure he'd be willing to help out?

“You have a boyfriend, Ms. Lane. It was wrong of me to take such liberties. I won’t do so again.”
Also, he's never answered the second question. And Lois has forgotten, too. Oh dear. Oh dear. Talk about a delayed explosion.

After spouting off about honesty and truthfulness, the man had the nerve to pretend to you that he was two men?
Well... duh! Didn't you know your boyfriend has a pathological disassociation disorder?

So, the next part will be up on Wednesday? /looks at calender, starts bawling like a baby/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hopefully it won't take Lois much time to get used to the dual identity, identity crisis. confused

He's just starting to talk about himself in the third person. wallbash

She is going to have to learn to do that too or she'll blow the secret identity. frown

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: No, beautiful beaches won't stop the yelling now. laugh Clark really knows how to step in it, doesn't he? This Clark has a tendency to make canon Clark NEVER seem like a lunkhead.

Michael: Interesting that you would equate letting LK interview S equal to sleeping with her in Lois's book. Actually, you're right. Doing anything with LK would equal sleeping with her in Lois's eyes. "Flying Freak" rotflol True, that Papagayo is more isolated, but little innocent Clark isn't thinking along the same lines as Lois. Yet. laugh
Oh dear. Baaaaaaad Lois. Baaaaaad. Clark's in a spandex suit right now. He's bound to have trouble facing you like this.
lol Another reason for the red shorts. BTW - It's Wednesday, Michael. New Part is up.

KenJ: Yes, Lois is confused a bit for the next few parts as she's trying to figure out what to do with and about Clark.
He's just starting to talk about himself in the third person.

She is going to have to learn to do that too or she'll blow the secret identity.
Lois? No, I'm not Lois, Superman. I'm Lois's twin sister. Just call me IVY (i.e. Inner Voice). Or did you mean referring to Superman in the third person? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's Wednesday, Michael. New Part is up.
Yes... I know. Of course, given I *read* part 15 several light/dark circles ago makes this statement just about as helpful as Clark asserting he and Superman are in no way related or married. wink

Michael, who's still debating whether to go to bed or churn out another FDK blush

PS: I like Ivy. She's poisonous laugh
Edit:
PPS: Okay, will have to wait till tomorrow blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I meant getting use to the Clark/Superman duality.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Just been reading Nightfall Honeymoon and decided to go back and read this story for the first time. I love that you used Costa Rica for the beach. My husband and I had our honeymoon there and yes those beaches are absolutely gorgeous and there are some amazing secluded ones (part of our honeymoon was spent overlooking one which never saw any traffic other than us.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I love that you used Costa Rica for the beach. My husband and I had our honeymoon there and yes those beaches are absolutely gorgeous and there are some amazing secluded ones (part of our honeymoon was spent overlooking one which never saw any traffic other than us.)
I honeymooned in Costa Rica as well. Actually, I married a Tico and lived in CR for 4-5 months in Tamarindo during the time this story is set, so I know it well. laugh wink I just thought since L&C have essentially the world, they should visit new places besides Paris and Hawaii.

I mentioned before that you couldn't get into the Four Seasons without RSVPs, but just found out that that's not necessarily true. As my Mom and husband were able to go in for lunch on a recent trip. blush

Hope you're enjoying my bit of fluff. laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard