Just A Little Note TOC

Part 3

Epilogue

Six months later, Lois watched as Clark walked into the newsroom from the elevator and over to her desk. The man should look guiltier for what he did to her.

Lois stared at him with a glare. “What did Bobby want?” she snapped, her lips pressed together.

“So, you are talking to me again. Does that mean you’ve forgiven me?” Clark grinned, falteringly, yet hopeful.

“Forgive you? Not only did you lie to me, Smallville,” she growled. “You kept on lying to me after I guessed correctly. Made me feel like my intuition was wrong. Nope. But we’re partners and I promised Perry I wouldn’t kill you.”

“Kill me?” he repeated wryly, an eyebrow raised.

Lois looked at him. Yep, she bet she could find some Kryptonite and do him in. She could do it, if he kept up this attitude and if she didn’t love him with all her heart and soul. “Watch it, buster,” she warned.

Clark gulped and handed over a white envelope.

“What’s this?” she asked. It was made from heavy cardstock paper. She flipped open the flap of the envelope where Clark had unsealed it and pulled out the card. “This is a wedding invitation!” Lois’s eyes bugged. No!

“Actually, it’s a reception invitation. All-You-Can-Eat Chinese buffet over on Third and Mertz Ave. They eloped to Atlantic City over last weekend,” Clark informed her.

“And they invited us?” Lois asked incredulously. “I thought it was in bad taste to invite ex-boyfriends to a wedding?”

Clark shrugged. “I guess she wanted to take the higher moral ground. Anyway, Bobby’s always liked us.” Then a wicked grin slipped onto his lips as he backed towards his own desk. “Or maybe she just wanted to make you buy her a wedding gift.”

Lois rolled her eyes. Yeah. She could see that. Then her lips pressed together and she glared at her boyfriend again. Standing up, she stomped over to his desk, throwing the card against his chest. “What does it say about our relationship, Clark, if Mayson – Mayson Drake – married her rebound guy before you’ve gotten up the nerve to ask me to marry you?”

Clark wasn’t going to let her have this one. “Actually, Lois…”

“Nope! It’s too late, Smallville. Now anything you say will make me think you are just proposing because I told you to propose.” She turned on her heel and returned to her desk. “You’re going to have to wait another six months.”

Glancing back at Clark, Lois saw that he looked like she had stabbed him in the lungs with a Kryptonite dagger and he was having trouble breathing. Oh, dear, she had found something other than Kryptonite that would kill Clark. She rolled her chair over to him and enfolded him in her arms. “Where is it?” she murmured.

Clark pulled open his top desk drawer and pulled out the small black box.

As he went to open it, Lois set her hand on top of his, stopping him. “No, Clark, not here.”

He took a lungful of air and gazed at her hopefully.

“My place. 3 a.m. How you get there is up to you.”

Clark’s jaw dropped.

Lois winked as she rolled back to her desk. “My answer, on the other hand, depends on your presentation.”

Clark gulped and stared at the box in his hand.

Five minutes later as Jimmy walked by, Lois saw Clark grab the young photographer’s arm. “Hey, Jimmy.”

“What’s up, CK?”

“Do me a favor. If you get the urge to go out drinking with your buddies tonight…” Clark said just loud enough for Lois to overhear, despite waiting on hold with elevator music in her ear. “Don’t.

***THE END ***

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 03:57 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.