Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for sticking with me through this long, convoluted story! I'd love to hear what you think! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobody called Lois Lane a coward--not even me.
clap Very in character.

For some strange reason, he had his glasses pulled down low on his nose while he squinted at something or other.
Yay for super sight!!!

Then, almost reluctantly, he reached down and picked up the binoculars Perry had loaned us.
Or not. frown

Not someone who was selfish enough to kiss him just because she loved that he loved her.

Not someone who confused him in her mind with his estranged best friend.

Not someone who could think of another man a breath after kissing him.

Not me.
*sigh* Lois, Lois, Lois. You are *so* blind.

I had to remain professional and aloof...and alone.
Kinda like Superman???

I couldn't let him mention last night, couldn't let him talk to me in that kind, tender voice, couldn't let him get close enough to reach out and draw a finger along my cheek...or I would succumb. I knew I would. And I couldn't, not until I had straightened everything out within myself. Not until I could decide what I felt--really, truly felt--for him. Not until I was sure that I was done hurting him.
Beautiful!

"Lois, I think you should sit down."
Uh oh!

Perry hesitated, stammering a bit before finally saying, "Lois, you said Luthor had threatened the Planet if you didn't do as he demanded, didn't you?"
*gulp* Is Luthor there with a gun to Perry's head?

"It's nothing definite yet," Perry warned, the note of fear that threaded his words belying his own reassurance. "One of the board-members passed along a warning that...well, our advertisers seem to be jumpin' ship. And ever since Clark and Superman left...well, for a while now, we've been...our circulation's been just a bit low. The recent exclusive with Superman has been helping, but...my friend says the board's about to meet with our creditors. It's...it's just not lookin' good. And with what you said about Luthor's threats, I thought..."
Nice tie-in to the show!

"There's no longer any reason to worry about the so-called law. Ever since Mr. Luthor acquired his newest employee, things have been looking up for all our interests."
Yup, having Cloneboy on the payroll really helps out, doesn't it?

Having muscle that is intimidating, quick, and above reproach works well for Mr. Luthor.
Hi Lois. Meet the 87 billionth clue.

His hands were balled into fists, and it was a good thing he wasn't the one with heat-vision considering how intently he glared in the direction of the yacht.
laugh

Clark hesitated a long moment, his own eyes intent on me, before he finally reached up a trembling hand and slipped the glasses back on. Some part of me noted that this was the first time I had seen him in the light without his glasses, but it was such a small, inconsequential part next to the realization slowly dawning on me--the realization that he was okay.
Yup, knew that revelation just wasn't happening.

Bender, looking back to see Clark behind him, swerved madly to the edge of the dock, almost toppling into a nearby boat, but Clark ignored him, intent on Nigel.
I really hope he left the Kryptonite at home this time.

Oh, btw, Lois, notice how Cloneboy once more didn't show up to help in a life or death situation? Just sayin'!

It took him a long moment to make it back to his feet and to the boat, an even longer moment for him to force Nigel's hands behind his back. He had just finished awkwardly pulling the knot tight when I heard the sirens.
Phew! This had *better* be Henderson and not some *actual* corrupt cops.

Clark's arms were already opened to receive me, and when I fell into them, he willingly closed them around me and blotted out the rest of the world.
Hugs! Yay! And Bender and Nigel are caught! Yay! I hope Cloneboy doesn't seek them out to spring them free though. That would suck.

Love this chapter! We can have another healthy helping of it now?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent action sequence! I was surprised and then disappointed that Clark's vision hadn't returned yet... frown Lois' dive into the icy waters was so very descriptive, I started feeling a bit chilly myself! laugh SO glad that Nigel and Bender are caught--especially Nigel. I always thought he might be slightly more dastardly then Lex at times... his capture can only be good news for L&C. Still waiting for Lois to figure out all the clues! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jimmy! eek Clark! eek Daily Planet! eek Lois! eek

I was beginning to wonder if anyone (good, that is) would survive this part. Hopefully Lois now realizes that she actually loves CK. laugh Nothing like life and death to bring two people together. I love this line:

"Clark!" My breath ghosted over his cheek, and miraculously, his hand rose to his face, as if to catch the relative warmth. My muscles turned into liquid themselves, transmogrified by the depths of my relief and residual terror.
That it was her breath that brought him back from the edge of death. love Ah, true love, Lois. Don't you recognize the signs?

Okay, I've always hated Nigel but insulting a man when he's down on K, that's just low.

Let's see what new CK=S hints Lois learned from this post:

He was standing at the window, his skin turned golden by the morning sunshine, his eyes fixed in the direction of Bender's yacht. For some strange reason, he had his glasses pulled down low on his nose while he squinted at something or other. He stayed in that pose for a long moment before finally letting out a tiny sigh, his shoulders drooping, and pushing his glasses back up.
Who can see long distances without glasses?

He still drew me toward him, so much so that it was almost impossible for me to keep the coffee table between us.
Who else was Lois drawn to like magnets?

my eyes still fixed on Clark, whose stiff shoulders indicated he was upset about something. Probably the tone of my voice.
Who else had 'super' hearing? (Ok, I threw that one in)

Ever since Mr. Luthor acquired his newest employee, things have been looking up for all our interests."

"He's using *him* for *this*?" Bender squeaked, his eyes bugging out. "I thought that wasn't working out as well as hoped."
Bad Clone clue #1

his eyes flashing anger to match the expression he had worn when Superman had returned him to the apartment two nights before
Amazing similar expressions, too, huh? Lois?

they'd never let you confront me with only a broken man at your side."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Clark flinch, and explosive rage snapped into being within me. My voice emerged as pure steel. "The police don't 'let' me do a lot of what I do. And Clark is not 'broken.'"

"A cripple, then." Nigel turned to Bender, his movements focused and economical.
How exactly is Clark 'broke' or a 'cripple', Nigel? You want to spell it out for our blind reporter girl, here?

"Superman!" I screamed out to the cloudy skies, more out of habit and dying hope than anything else. "Please, help!"
Wonder where SuperClone is? Searching the North Pole for a non-existant globe from Krypton, perhaps?

It was a litany that wouldn't shut off, given frightful substance by the feel of Clark's still, heavy--how could he be this heavy?--form.
Why exactly is Clark so heavy, Lois? I know he's dense, but could he also possibly be literally dense?

Some part of me noted that this was the first time I had seen him in the light without his glasses, but it was such a small, inconsequential part next to the realization slowly dawning on me--the realization that he was okay.
So, Lois, now that you've had a chance to rest... what exactly did Clark with wet, slicked back hair without glasses on look like? Remind you of anyone else?

Nigel, oddly enough, seemed almost nervous as he faced Clark, as if something about Clark's manner or expression unsettled him.
Hmmm, Lois? Wonder why that could be?

I wanted nothing more than to run to Clark and take him in my arms, feel his arms envelop me, his heart beat steadily within his chest, his breaths whisper through my hair.
Ok, this wasn't a clue, just an AWWW moment. Lois loves Clark. love Even if she is too out of it to realize it for herself.

Great part. I too also felt like I was drowning with L&C. Can't wait until the next part.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I have to agree with Mozartmaid. Reading this part made me want to grab a hot cup of coffee!

So glad Nigel and Bender were caught! Those two cause more trouble than they are worth.

When are you posting the next part?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Your writing is just beautiful and wonderfully detailed. Loved this whole part...although I could say that about all of them. I'm always on the edge of my seat wondering what will come next and waiting for Lois to FINALLY realize the truth. The way you have her slowly piecing together the puzzle is torturous yet exciting.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice tension between Lois and Clark in the morning there.

This is an interesting statement:

Having muscle that is intimidating, quick, and above reproach works well for Mr. Luthor. However, the reporters continue to be a problem, which is why I've come
I was wondering how Lex was getting away with using Superman for evil. Sounds like he might not be getting away with it.

I hope Lois is wondering where Superman was.

You are such a tease:

Some part of me noted that this was the first time I had seen him in the light without his glasses, but it was such a small, inconsequential part next to the realization slowly dawning on me--the realization that he was okay.
Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
hi. this will be short b/c i've got no electricity and minimal charge on my phone. great chapter. good action scene well described. you had me on the edge of my seat. wht a place to leave off though - i want more! please?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Coward, I named myself silently. That was enough, fortunately, to galvanize me into action. Nobody called Lois Lane a coward--not even me.
hyper

"There's no longer any reason to worry about the so-called law. Ever since Mr. Luthor acquired his newest employee, things have been looking up for all our interests."
Okay, that's a reader's clue.

"I thought that wasn't working out as well as hoped."
So, how exactly does he work? /mutters about having to go through the pains of actually *reading* all those parts to find out/ wink

"Well, there are still a few bugs to be ironed out."
Better hypnosis artist?

His hands were balled into fists, and it was a good thing he wasn't the one with heat-vision considering how intently he glared in the direction of the yacht.
Now, wouldn't that be fun, if the yacht suddenly blew up?

"I hired the men to follow that photographer just as he asked."
Oh dear! I actually just figured, it's been four days or so, and if Jimmy had to drive cross country... Or down to the southern tip of Chile...

Bender backed away. "It has been! I told you over the phone--they'll be on their way back to Metropolis with proof they've completed their end of the bargain as soon as they let the kid lead them to whatever he was sent to find."
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow wow wow! What an experience -- amazing how you describe things, feelings, emotions... hyper

EvelynC
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, Deadly Chakram! I love doing the little tie-ins to the show, and I'm always glad when readers recognize them and--hopefully--enjoy them. I'm glad the chapter--another action scene goofy And I, for one, am glad you have to read the rest of the parts! wink I'm glad the scene in the water worked so well for everyone! And as to Lois's reassurance about Jimmy, I think Clark was reacting more to the sentiment than the words. huh Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Wow (I'll use the word, too), EvelynC! Thanks for the effusive praise. blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard