Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Leave comments here! I actually held true to my promise and made a non-suicide-Clark-attempts-suicide fic! So give me points for that... It is still rather dark. But I left it open for happiness... smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for rescuing Clark from his death. clap It was nice not to be crying at the end of this story for once.

It was nice to have Clark see all the people in his life who still loved him and who still needed him. I also liked the slow drawn out description of how Clark got to this point, to making this very hard decision. It made perfect sense. Thank you for showing us what was inside the lead lined box.

What I couldn't remember from my earlier reading was whether or not Clark included in his e-mail to everyone was the information that CK=S or was that just in the obit he wrote for Perry? I'm guessing from your ending it must have been the latter. I love you adding Ralph into the equation as someone who wanted to help Clark. It was the most positive portrayal of the man I've seen in a fic so far.

So, down to brass tacks, WHO is this Laurel Carter woman? And what is she doing filling Lois's shoes so soon? And would Clark be able to move on? Knowing what happened to Lois when she got pregnant? Or did he lose... no, he was rushing off to be Superman, so he hadn't lost his powers with his exposure to the K liquid. But even after ten years, let alone two years, I cannot see Clark ever having another relationship with another woman when his first wife died so horriblily, even if Perry was ready for Clark to move on. And if that was your thinking by bringing in Laurel Carter, PLEASE, tell me this is where alt-Lois disappeared off to. grovel laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting alt-ending!

I really loved it. But I just can't see Clark with anyone other than Lois. (Sorry! Really, I am!) But it was cool that you spun around the interview from the pilot. So kudos on that!

Glad Clark didn't lose his powers. I got kinda worried about that when the Kryptonite liquid splashed on him.

Also, in the first part when Clark is attempting suicide, I love that it matches the raw emotion of the original ending. That couldn't have been easy to do. Nice work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for comments thus far!

Virginia: Glad you liked it! I like this alternate portrayal a lot, too. When Superman can't come to the rescue, we writers come in to save the day (usually)! No, Clark did not reveal that CK=S in his email, only in the obit. I figured I didn't really go into the contents of the email in the first version, so I had a chance to explore it more here, but it's just a suicide note. I included Ralph because (a) wasn't sure who else to use and (b) because I figured he was kind of an "outside" perspective but he knew Clark well enough to be shocked- suicide effects everyone, maybe even more than just a natural death or accident, because of the shock factor. Laurel Carter... is a name I made up. laugh I just wanted to leave an open ending to prove that Clark still has hope, even if he refuses to look her way (liked reversing the roles and Perry in the matchmaker setting). As far as what happened to Alt-Lois... wink It's funny you should mention that. I actually dwelled on that for a while, but I didn't know, which is why I left it so open...

Deadly Chakram: I, too, do not believe Clark should be with anybody besides Lois. That's why, in the original version, Clark dies. blush I'm not saying they'll end up together, but it proves there's hope. (In the words of one of my *favorite* authors ever: "So [s]he went down, smiling sceptically and mutter the final word in human wisdom: 'Perhaps!")
His hands were bandaged after the kryptonite liquid incident. I really wanted to go more into the recovery process, but figured I didn't want to make this too cumbersome and I could always rehabilitate Clark in another vignette. In my mind: the kryptonite did knock out his powers for a while. This is two-years-later-Clark and he's had his powers completely back for just under a year.

Much obliged! notworthy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard