Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Aw, shucks!

What a set-up! Can't wait to see Lois buy a clue so that she sees she's the one Clark's in love with. Sure hope that Clark is prepared to stun the socks off her!

Go Clark!! Knock her out!!

More soon!

Missy

Top Banana
Top Banana
smile
Great part, Wendy. I especially like how Lois is talking herself from falling for Clark because of the "other woman". Now there are four people in this neo-relationship - Clark and Superman and Lois and Lois's Rival <g>. The table is going to be crowded.

Poor Clark - Visa shock. But I agree with him that it was money well spent. He deserves to look great.

Well, can't wait to see how this date goes. And how Lois finally puts two and two together!

Great job,
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great introspections from both of them, Wendy! Dinner looks to be quite amusing. I hope Lois gets all blown away again by Clark's good looks.

I love the conversation Lois has with Martha! It's just *so* Martha. And then the conversation with Jonathan... doesn't he know they both need the push? wink

Now this was rather short, get back here and post more!!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I needed ice-cream to read this.

The scene is set. It's nice to see how Lois wants to win Clark over and vice versa.

And he intended to show that he knew the difference between his boyish behaviour then and the behaviour of a man who was interested in a woman.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
Not many thinks happening here but the thinking processes in Lois and Clark were great!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Columnist
Columnist
Good job, Wendy. I really liked this installment and can hardly wait for the date!

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic section, Wendy! notworthy I'm so glad Lois is starting to think... what am I saying, *obsess* about kissing Clark. Dating him and *kissing* him! rotflol at the Farfalla!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well this is a great set up wendy. I can't wait for the "date" to happen. I hope there will be some kissing at the end of it and no door slamming<g>. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, she'd identified his interest then as an incipient crush. And she might have been right - at that point. Since then, though, his feelings had deepened. He loved Lois Lane. And he intended to show that he knew the difference between his boyish behaviour then and the behaviour of a man who was interested in a woman.

<snip>

In not much more than an hour, Lois Lane was going to discover what it was like to be taken out to dinner by Clark Kent.
Well, this just made my night. <G> The only problem with reading soon after you post a section is that I have to wait the full time until the next part!

Great section ... Martha's nudge was cute -- I, too, hope it doesn't backfire on her (though I have to admit, seeing L&C take a little good-humored revenge when this is all over could be ever better goofy ) And I love that Lois realizes that Clark could change his mind at any time about the "mystery woman". Don't give up, Lois, you haven't lost him yet! wink

And, of course, the section I quoted above ... go get her, Clark! thumbsup

Part 7, please!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Wendy, there is just a lot of...thinking going on, isn't there?

Lois sits and thinks. Clark sits and thinks.

But when is something going to *happen*?!

Less thinking, more action- in my most humble of opinions. Humble, humble, humble...

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! I love this. smile1

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another solid instalment (big surprise there).

The Lois instrospection, the Clark instrospection, and the conversation with Martha were all in place to set up the 'sort of but not really practice date'.

It must just be me, but some things seem just a bit skewed here. Martha's 'gentle prodding' seems more like outright meddling than just giving Lois 'hints' at how she should feel. And Lois herself. She has often said that it's Superman's goodness and compassion for others that makes him so appealing to her. Traits that she knows that Clark possesses, but tends to ignore. Yes, she admits that Superman looks good in the tights, and yes, Clark is an attractive guy, but this whole shopping things smacks of superficiality. Lois is seeing Clark 'in a whole new light' just because he dresses better?

I hope you allow Lois to broaden her reactions to Clark and let her see her realize that he's more than just 'nice packaging'.

We all tend to judge a book by it's cover, but we can't really enjoy it until we open it up to read. Just let Lois open to book before she makes any real decisions.

Tank (who admits that his appreciation of Teri Hatcher has always been based on the external since he has no way of knowing anything about the 'real' woman, but has always liked the complete character that she created in the show)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey guys! smile

Back again with thanks for all your comments this time around, too. Yes, this was something of a transition instalment, in which nothing much happened apart from a lot of thinking - sorry, CC goofy - and a conversation with Martha for Lois.

And, speaking of Martha, Tank said:
It must just be me, but some things seem just a bit skewed here. Martha's 'gentle prodding' seems more like outright meddling than just giving Lois 'hints' at how she should feel.
Yes, I've been waiting for someone to accuse Martha of going beyond gentle hints and actively interfering. I know I'm treading a line here, and I'm just relieved that for the majority of readers Martha seems to stay on the side of amusing, gently prodding would-be mother-in-law. wink If she's going a little too far for you, Tank (and for anyone else who just might not have said so, though I see that Kaethel and Kathy have hinted in that direction), I hope that by the end of the story that much will be resolved.

As for Lois herself, Tank, and the reasons why she might fall for Clark now, I hope in the end she won't look shallow. I've tried quite hard to avoid that, but I would welcome any comments on that, especially in relation to anything I might need to change.

Lynn said:

Now there are four people in this neo-relationship - Clark and Superman and Lois and Lois's Rival <g>. The table is going to be crowded.
ROFL! evil

And Kathy says:
go get her, Clark!
Soon! Very, very soon! laugh

Thanks again, everyone! Part 7 coming up very soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard