Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 6...

“Clark. Line two. Lois Lane,” Barry called from across the bullpen.

“Got to go, Chief. Lois is on the other line. I’ll check with her about the guards, all right.”

Clark, just make sure those ladies are safe.

“You know I will, Chief.” He hung up and picked up the other line. “Lois?”

Clark?

“Getting much work done?”

I’ve been trying to reach you since last night. Where have you been?

He swallowed. Bolivia? “I had to run some errands.”

Can you come over, now? I need to talk with you.

“Now?”

Please?

“Give me fifteen minutes, Lois.”

She laughed. “How about two?

Did she know he was Superman? “Sure,” he said, slowly. “I can be there in two.” He grinned. She knew. What a weight off his shoulders.

Less than a minute later, Superman came in through the living room window. Lois was in the kitchen, making lunch and he came up behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders. “I’ve missed you,” he whispered.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I was able to get home this morning. smile1 Going bonkers in the hospital with nothing to do but go WAY off tanget on GEM. notworthy

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:28 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lois and Lucy switching places is fun. What's Lois up to inviting Mayson to lunch?

Glad to hear you're back from the hospital and feeling okay smile1

Joan

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I see the clever plan now. Lois' haircut was really just the set up to allow her to become Ultra Woman.

Now we also have Lois and Lucy playing the switch identities game like a couple of mischevous teen twins.

Tank (who says that now that Lois as established herself with the proper short haircut she's going to have to learn how to maintain it with her heat vision... should be interesting)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now we also have Lois and Lucy playing the switch identities game like a couple of mischevous teen twins.
Tank: Yes, Lois and Lucy couple of twin teens, who only get more ... edited for possible spoilage ... Lucky Clark. laugh Sorry, all UW hair trimming takes place off page.

Joan: Mayson's the only woman who's dated this Clark / Superman hybrid. Edited for possible spoilage goofy

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/wonders about establishing a vicious post/FDK cycle/ clap /imagines something like Return of the Jedi.

Lois rushed in. “I heard a moan. Are you all right?”
Look who’s gotten quite the mother hen!

I’m tired and as big as a house. So, no, I’m not all right.” She growled.
laugh

“Whoa!” Lois took a step back. “Why don’t you just go back to bed? Clark can surely survive the day without you. He’s a big boy.”
Uumm…work? Money?

“I called Clark for you. Don’t you worry. You need your rest. Sleep the day away.
Oh, Lois is *so* bad!

She and Kal had been playing strip poker during her last dream and he was down to his shirt and shorts. She grinned, wondering where the dream might end. Minutes later, he was beating the pants off her, literally.
rotflol

Natural disasters were always especially hard on him. The amount of death. The lack of control.
/wonders what will disturb our control freak more/

What was she going to do when she returned to her dimension and her stand-in returned to her time-slot and dreams were just dreams again?
Not sleep for the next six months or so? And then, maybe, she will get the real deal and won’t mind normal dreams?

Continue to do research on Intergang.

Her brow furrowed. What research on Intergang?
Clever.

Someone had moved stuff.
Huh. That’s…not good? And from later: That’s clever.

Lucy opened her top right hand drawer and found a photo of her and Clark – true, it was of Kal, not this dimension’s Clark – resting where it had not been when she had left on Friday.
Very strange. Did Lex get there? And from later: Did *someone* from Lex’s entourage get there wink

“Your head better?”
Did Lois fib about the head?

“Do you need extra cushions or pillows for your chair?”
confused

“I understand, Lucy. My wife just gave birth to our third child a month ago. I know that the last months of pregnancy can be the worst.”
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Deny. Deny. Deny.
What pregnancy? /grabs donut and shoves it in one piece/ I’m just fat.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Jaxon looking at her, his eyes opening wider, realization hitting home. Double crap!
Uh-oh.

Gareth’s face went white and then red. “But… But… My wife just gave birth. I know what a pregnant woman looks like, Lucy. I’m not an idiot.”
Is he angry at her denial or panicking because he just called an obese woman pregnant? Which would be a big no-no for a boss.

“Well, you do a damn good impression of one, Mr. McTinney.”
They sure have a special way to talk to each other at the DP.

“Gareth, you’re lucky that Clark wasn’t here to hear you say that to her.”
devil

“Lois!” Lucy hissed into the phone. “I need your help. You’ve got to cover for me. Get your butt to the Daily Planet, immediately, and meet me in the ladies room in five minutes.”
Oh.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I need you to cover for me,” she whispered, hardly loud enough for her to hear.
Ooooooooohhhh

“Good. That’s what I thought. Thought you’d like to know. I’m going to go have a good cry in the ladies’. Could you please inform our new editor that he has been misinformed, please? Especially before Clark gets wind of it.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Well, if you keep this FDK schedule up and respond like I have and you have 1/2 the story left to do, I'll have ML ready for Archives in 2013? wink

/imagines something like Return of the Jedi.
That analogy works.

Uumm…work? Money?
Um... Sick days.

Not sleep for the next six months or so? And then, maybe, she will get the real deal and won’t mind normal dreams?
Yes, she's forgetting that as a new mother she won't be sleeping long enough to dream the first 6 months anyway.

Is he angry at her denial or panicking because he just called an obese woman pregnant? Which would be a big no-no for a boss.
That would be the latter.

They sure have a special way to talk to each other at the DP.
Well, HE started it!

Someone’s a little eager there.
Imprisioned by pyscho husband for 3+ years, Freedom, then under "protective custody" for another month. Why would Lois be eager?

You have to boink Clark once in a while.
rotflol And THAT's the drawback!

Finally, something that makes her feel naughty! Since playing ‘hide-the-superhero’ doesn’t to the trick.
Nope. "Hide-the-superhero" just feels good. Oh, blush , did you mean UW? laugh Ooops!

Am I wrong to worry about Lucy alone in the streets?
Probably not. But she's got enhanced strength and can fly.

/hands Clark a tome, labeled Lois 101/
Rule #1 - Never talk to Lois while making Love. Rule #2 - Feed chocolate, often. More than once a day preferably. Rule #3 - Lois NEVER feels guilty. Rule #4 - Always keep an eye on her, she's slippery. Why is this starting to feel like a boards challenge? laugh

Death? Scandal? Or just an alien love-child? Surely not an alien grandchild in wedlock?
Vulnerable and able to die.

Poor Lucy. Must be really distracted with her pregnancy. She really went downhill as a researcher over the weekend.
I didn't say it was BAD research.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, if you keep this FDK schedule up and respond like I have and you have 1/2 the story left to do, I'll have ML ready for Archives in 2013?
Well, I *really* should stop reading so much. And if worst comes to worst, I will not do any writing, or attempted writing, Muse coaxing, whatever you want to call it, this week. Just reading and FDKing. And then there'd *still* be story left. I guess. And work starts again. And... wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard