Missing Lois - TOC

Author’s Note: The “Lois” in Chapter 5 and 6 refers to alt-Lois. Canon Lois will be called “Lucy” to help lessen the confusion between the two characters.

Story Notes: This story is mostly set in alt-dimension, although visits to the canon dimension do happen from time-to-time.
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted (such as when we are in the canon dimension, then 'Clark' is canon Clark)
- Lucy El = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark, aka Lois's secret identity
- Kal = Lucy El's husband's name, or what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark (except in Lois's 'Dear Clark' journal where she calls canon Clark 'Clark' and alt-Clark 'Kal')
- Lois = alt-Lois, wife of Lex Luthor
- Lola Luthor = ‘wife’ of Lex Luthor; alt-Lois, if not referring to Clois (Cloned Lois)
- Mr. Amazing = alt-Lois's nickname for Superman
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lois's doctor & roommate
- Ultra Woman = the costume Lucy/Lois wore to Perry's 'Come as Your Favorite Superhero' party
- Martha and Jonathan Kent = canon Clark's parents
- Mayor White = aka Perry White, former Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- James Olsen = owner of the Daily Planet, Lois-Lucy's friend
- Dr. Bernard Klein = S.T.A.R. Labs scientist and Superman's 'doctor'
- H.G. Wells – famed author – inventor of the Time-Machine – the man who brought canon Lois to alt-Clark
- Lex Luthor = no explanation necessary, same bad guy as always, this time bald
- Junior = Lex Luthor, Jr., Lex's first born son, creator of the Neuroscanner
- Jaxon Xavier = Lex Luthor's son and spy at The Planet, does website design and research for the paper
- Gareth McTinney = new EIC at the alt-DP.
- Mayson Drake = police detective, partner to Detective (in alt-world) Henderson, alt-Clark's ex-girlfriend

- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity are alt-Clark, Sam, Moonbeam (alt-Star), Dr. Klein and alt-Lois. Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension. Mayson didn't believe him (thinking instead that Lucy was a con-artist).

What happened in Chapter 6: Part 3...

Lois stressed herself out by thinking that Superman lied to her about loving her; thinking he only slept with her because she was a substitute for “Ultra Woman” who he actually loved instead. Clark, on the other hand, was worried about both Lois’s emotional wellbeing as it seemed her emotions were bouncing all over the place. While waiting for their plane Lois accidentally speed read a book and overheard Clark’s conversation clearly despite him being all the way down the concourse. But it wasn’t until she was on the plane and accidentally froze her coffee when she blew on it to cool it down that she realized that she had acquired Clark’s super abilities. She was psyched by this discovery as she knew that Lex could never hold her prisoner again and that if Clark tried to run away from their relationship, she could now easily follow him.

Back in Metropolis, Lois and Clark get stuck in a malfunctioning elevator and Lois gives him another taste of Hurricane Lane’s seduction. Only he didn’t know she knew that he was also Superman. Upon arriving at her apartment Lois and Lucy fight about the other’s use/abuse of the other’s Superman before deciding to team up against Clark and Superman, kicking him out and refusing to tell him how Lois survived her ordeal in Smallville until he agrees to tell Lois Superman’s secret identity.

Part 4

Lois waited and listened. She couldn’t hear anything but a strange fluttering sound.

“I think…” Lucy started, but Lois held up a finger.

They couldn’t talk out loud or Clark would hear them with those super ears of his. Lois could wait. After two minutes and still not hearing the tell-tale sound of Superman departing, Lois walked to her desk. She removed a couple of notepads and pens and tossed one of each to Lucy.

I KNOW she wrote, holding it up to Lucy, but away from either the window or the front door.

Lucy stared at her for a minute, then looked down at the notepad and pen on the floor in front of her as if she didn’t want to pick it up. She went over to Lois and grabbed her notepad and pen out of her hand. Know?

I KNOW! Lois underlined her previous words. Then she looked around, even peering out the windows. Did you hear him leave? I didn’t. wrote Lois.

Lucy raised an eyebrow. Does Clark make a sound when he leaves?

Lois rolled her eyes. SM. She shook her head. What was that strange fluttering sound?

“Oh,” said Lucy, innocently. “Was he here?”

Lois tapped her notepad and flipped back to her first note I KNOW!

Lucy’s eyes opened wide and wrote, Know, Know?

Lois nodded.

How? Wrote Lucy, sitting down on the couch.

Christmas Eve he told me he had only been intimate with Lois Lane… Not Me, “Lois Lane.” Then I found out about the other dimension, where there was another Clark Kent and he was married to another Lois Lane. SM was so angry when he saw me kissing Kal… She glanced over at Lois. “I’m really sorry about that, you know. I can just imagine…”

Lucy held up her hand for her to stop.

Lois nodded, understanding. She wouldn’t want to hear the details of Mr. Amazing and Ultra Woman either. He told Kal that he had been with his wife. You and I know, he doesn’t lie. I put two and two together…

“Ah.” Lucy nodded. “I’m sorry.” She took the pen. He should have told you.

“Duh!”

Lucy winced. “Don’t say that, please. Not about this.”

Lois wondered what nerve she hit. “Sure.”

“So, you know what happened after the accident, huh?” Lucy asked.

Do I have his powers?

Lucy nodded.

How?

The lightning. Lucy wrote on the pad.

“That’s what I thought.” Temporary or permanent? Lois wrote.

Lucy shrugged. Don’t know. A little boy had SM’s powers for some months, but they faded. But he hadn’t been touching SM directly when the lightning struck; SM had been rescuing the plane he was in. Another man also got his powers, that time through direct contact, but he gave them back when Lex’s doctor tried to steal the power from them.

Lois shook her head. “Lex? I thought your Lex died?”

Lucy rolled her eyes. “Long story. I’ll tell you about it another time.”

Can I fly? Lois looked at her expectantly. There was that fluttering noise again. What was that?

Lucy took a deep breath and floated herself off the couch and onto her feet.

Lois’s eyes bulged. “Wow, you really are Ultra Woman.” She laughed. “And you were sitting under Cat’s nose the whole time.” She laughed and laughed, finally wiping a tear from her eye. “I wish I could rub her face in it.”

“Don’t, Lois, because I’m not Ultra Woman. Come, I’ll introduce you.” She waved for Lois to follow her.

Lois sat frozen in her seat. “You’re not Ultra Woman?” Who else had Mr. Amazing lied about?

“Look at me. Do I look like Ultra Woman to you?” Lucy laughed, rubbing her huge tummy. “I don’t even have the suit.” She waved for Lois to follow her.

Lois was at her side in a moment. “If you’re not Ultra Woman, who is?”

Lucy smiled and turned her toward the wall. Lois stared at herself in the mirror. “Lois Lane, meet Ultra Woman.”

Lois looked at her, eyes wide. “No.” It couldn’t be true. That would be so... She grinned at herself in the mirror. Amazing. She could do anything and go anywhere. Lex would never be able to lay a finger on her again. Freedom! And nobody would know who she was… Her eyes grew wide. She would have a secret identity. A secret identity that already existed before she had been rescued, so nobody could possibly know it was her. A secret identity known for making out with Superman! In public! She rushed back to the couch and picked up the pad and pen. Where’s the suit?

Lucy slowly returned to the couch and took the pen. Clark took it back. Afraid I’d go off on some wild adventures, rescuing people or something. She shook her head. “No, thanks.”

“Wait a minute. No offense, but how in the world did you fit in that suit? And what in the hell is that fluttering noise? Is there a butterfly or moth loose in here or something?” She pressed her hands to her ears and she glanced around the room nervously.

Lucy pulled down her hands. “My daughter’s heartbeat.”

“What?” Lois stammered staring at Lucy. Her eyes blinked and she took in the whole picture. “Oh, my God! Lucy, you’re not fat, you’re pregnant!” She stumbled back, knocking over a table and breaking it. She sat in the debris and stared at her roommate. Lucy had stolen her life. She had taken her apartment, her job, her man, she had even been Ultra Woman first, and now she had a baby, when… when… Lois was on her feet in a second and she pointed out the door. “Get out! Right now. Leave my life alone.”

“Lois?”

Tears started streaming down her cheeks. “I told you to get out.”

“Lois, are you all right?” Lucy asked, hesitantly stepping closer.

“Go on! Go back to your own dimension and leave mine alone.” She wiped her nose on her sleeve. “Go home.”

“I can’t, Lois. I’ve been cursed. That’s why I’m here. If I go home, we’ll die.”

Lois wiped her nose on her sleeve again. “What?”

“Lois’s and Clark’s love is so pure and so strong, we’re soul mates. We are drawn together in every lifetime. Centuries ago a jealous man had a wizard curse our love, so that one of us always dies after the first time we make love together.”

“I died,” Lois whispered. “Daddy said that Superman thought I had died, that’s why he went to get him.”

Lucy took her hands and led her back to the couch. “He told me that, too. Lois, Superman saved you with that lightning strike. You beat the odds and survived the curse.”

“I survived?” Lois said rocking back and forth. “Then why does it feel like someone killed me?” Lucy wrapped her arms around her, while Lois sobbed. “I… I…” she tried to speak, but the words wouldn’t form. “Kal said I was expecting…” She cried out in anguish. “Before the accident.” She buried her head onto Lucy’s shoulder.

“Oh, Lois, no.” She held Lois tightly as she cried. “I’m so sorry.”

Lois pulled away, wiping her eyes and nose. “Don’t tell him, he doesn’t know. It would destroy him.”

Lucy shook her head. “Are we cursed with communication problems, too? You’ve got to tell him.”

“No! Everyone he loves dies. His birth parents, the Kents, me, and now….” Her bottom lip began to shake again. “No, I’ll never tell him. Maybe Kal was wrong. Maybe I wasn’t.” She sniffed. “We don’t need to tell him.”

Lucy wasn’t listening to her. She was staring over her shoulder. Then she sighed and looked Lois in the eye. “Dr. Klein told him that he can’t conceive children. You have to tell him the truth.”

Lois turned around and peered behind her wondering what Lucy had been looking at. There was nothing there, but the grey January sky of Metropolis. “Maybe this Dr. Klein was right and Kal was wrong.”

Had he just been there? Had he heard what she was crying about? Did he know and just flew off? She sighed.

“Lois.”

Lois wiped her nose on her sleeve, again. “So, I can fly, huh? Is it hard?

“Not once you get used to it. You’re changing the subject.”

Lois flashed her a weak smile. “Darn tooting I am. Where’s Daddy?”

“Your father’s gone to get your car. Uncle Mike’s been holding on to it for you. I’ve told him everything about your condition, including how to give your skills back to Superman, if you ever change your mind.”

“Change my mind? Are you nuts? This is my ticket to freedom,” Lois told her. “Lex can’t catch me and Clark can’t run away from me now.”

Lucy sighed. “Lois, someone once said, with great power comes great responsibility. If you decide to take on the cloak of Ultra Woman, you have to know it comes with great sacrifice. You won’t be able to save everyone. You won’t be able to stop all the evil in the world. People will expect more from you than you might be able to give. I couldn’t handle it – the disappointment, the grief, and I gave Clark back his powers.”

Lois looked at her, perplexed. “But you can still fly?”

Lucy smiled indulgently. “Oh, that’s one of the side effects of carrying Superman’s child.”

“Well, I’m not you.”

“Agreed. Want to take a drive into the country? Practice some skills?”

Lois nodded with a grin, wiping the last of the tears from her eyes.

Clark walked home. He didn’t feel like flying. He needed to stretch his legs. The Loises had ganged up on him, bonded over their mutual anger about him not telling Lois about his secret identity.

Lois kept pulling him this way and that. First, she told him that she was attracted to the Clark Kent part of him and then she pushed him away. Then she told him to visit her night or day. He swallowed. Was she so willing to give up Mr. Amazing for Clark? Was she willing to cheat on the Superman side of him, or did she just do it to make him jealous – or did she really like Clark Kent? His head was spinning from the possibilities. Or had she figured out that Mr. Amazing was Clark Kent and she was driving him crazy on purpose? He chuckled at that possibility. Right. Lois would be so angry when she found out she wouldn’t be able to play a game like that on him.

There was no way he was going to survive living like this. No way would Clark be able stay away from Lois for as long as it took to get her divorced from that mad man Luthor. They were going to have to find a way to make it work or he would have to break her heart for good. No more promises of waiting forever. Let her get on with her life. Let her find another man, who could love her without hurting her, whose life and morals wouldn’t be ruined by the fact that she was still technically married.

Gareth had said something about making him a foreign correspondent, a ‘whole world correspondent,’ he called the job. With his skills, it would be a win-win for the paper, he had told him. Clark did not want to leave Metropolis, but perhaps it was for the best. He would give up the Clinton Street apartment and use the Smallville house as his permanent residence. Then Lois wouldn’t have to see him at all. And he could keep her safe by staying away from her. His heart ached at this possibility. It would be for the best. The best for her and the best for Superman. After he got Lucy’s baby delivered safely and then the both of them back to their own dimension, he would leave Metropolis.

Why did Clark feel like he had just been shot with a Kryptonite bullet into his heart? The pain was unbearable. He leapt into the air, spinning into his Superman suit as he did so, not caring who saw him. He couldn’t live without Lois. It was wrong to be in love with a married woman, but he just couldn’t live without her. He would rather have her kill him by knowing the truth than ever contemplate living without her.

As he reached the windows, Clark heard her sobbing. Oh, God! Lois was crying again.

“Before the accident,” she was saying, burying her head onto Lucy’s shoulder.

“Oh, Lois, no.” Lucy held her tight as she cried. “I’m so sorry.” Something happened, before the accident? What was she talking about? Even Lucy looked distraught by what she had heard.

Lois pulled away, wiping her eyes and nose. “Don’t tell him, he doesn’t know. It would destroy him.” It felt like someone ripped off his skin, leaving him exposed. Something so horrible happened that Lois felt like she had to keep it from him? What would destroy him?

Lucy shook her head. “Are we cursed with communication problems, too? You’ve got to tell him.” She glanced over Lois’s shoulder and saw him hovering outside the windows, listening to their conversation and waved for him to come in. Whatever it was, Lucy thought he should know.

Help! A scream broke his concentration. Help!

Lois continued to cry. “No, I’ll never tell him. Maybe Kal was wrong. Maybe I wasn’t.” She sniffed. “We don’t need to tell him.”

KAL? What in the world had that no good, rotten man told his girlfriend to make her so hysterical?

Help! Get away from me, you big…

Clark sighed. Lois was going to have to wait. He zipped away and was gone.

By the time he got back after the mugging, then the robbery and a car fire, the living room was empty. He flew into the apartment, but they weren’t there. He saw a notepad and pen on the coffee table, but when he flipped through it, he saw that it had never been used. One of Lois’s side tables, the one with the vase of yellow flowers on it, was missing. But other than that, everything looked normal. Where could they have gone? Lois had had a crazy day of traveling already, why would she want to go out again? Had they gone out willingly? Or had someone taken them? His heart began to race. He took a deep breath.

Clark knew he was driving himself crazy. There was no proof, other than a missing table, that something was wrong. He just hated that both the Loises were out and about somewhere in Metropolis without his protection. Up to who knew what. He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself.

Go home, he told himself. Relax. Watch a game. Do something that has nothing to do with Lois. He grabbed the notepad off the coffee table. He wrote a quick note and left it on Lucy’s bed. Then he flew out the window.

Lois pulled the vacuum into her bedroom. Lucy and her father had gone out for a walk. He said she wasn’t getting enough exercise, all that sitting around at the office. It was a perfect time to clean her bedroom, really clean it. With all this extra super power, she could easily pick up furniture and vacuum underneath. First, she lifted up the chair. Then the bed and the end tables, and finally the dresser. See, she knew Lucy hadn’t cleaned this thoroughly, as there was a piece of wadded paper under the dresser. She set the dresser off to the side and turned off the vacuum. She picked up the paper and was about to toss it into the trashcan when she saw the words Lois Lane anecdotes. She flattened out the paper. It was a part of a note in her handwriting, but she certainly hadn’t written it. It must have been something of Lucy’s.

Oh, I didn’t tell you. Kal is totally in love with Lois Lane. HIS Lois – not me. Even though he’s never met her. It seems that Perry assigned Kal on the initial team he sent to the Congo to look for Lois after she disappeared. He searched everywhere for three weeks and found nada. Not that the locals that Lois had been speaking with about the gunrunning story would talk. I had a horrible time getting them to speak with me at first, too. Did I ever tell you that after I found a shipment of guns that were supposed to be destroyed by the UN were actually being shipped elsewhere, I tried to crawl into a crate to find out where they were going? But I got caught and deported back to Metropolis. But that’s another story.

Anyway, when Kal got back home, he kept up with the story. He read and reread all of her old articles. He interviewed all her family, friends and colleagues and even a few of her old sources (how he discovered who they were, who knows? I guess he’s quite the investigative reporter. I mean, of course, Clark Kent is a terrific investigative reporter – even without Lois Lane. Love you. Think you’re wonderful.) Perry used to tell him Lois Lane anecdotes like our Perry tells Elvis stories. (Did I tell you that Elvis used to be president here and is still alive and well?) When the story seemed dead, the previous owner of the paper used Lois Lane’s “death” as extra publicity. Perry’s, Sam’s, and Kal’s were the few lone voices against placing the tombstone in the graveyard. Kal promised Sam at that point that he would never give up looking for Lois. He had fallen in love with me… I mean, THIS dimension’s Lois. And you know what a promise from a Clark Kent means. It means forever.

Lois turned the paper over.

Then another year passed and still no new leads. Kal continued to work on the story on his own, but then – and I’m guessing here, because I wouldn’t dare presume to ask Kal – Lana gave him the old relationship ultimatum, so he caved and proposed. In a way, agreeing to marry Lana, he was giving up on HIS Lois and it shattered him, his hope. Not to mention, it pissed off Sam Lane, who thought that Kal had given up his daughter for dead. Then I showed up – when Tempus kidnapped me – and all those old Lois Lane feelings started blowing around again. Lana gave him the it’s me or Superman ultimatum – she really likes things her way, doesn’t she? I also don’t think she liked me much or how much Kal listened to me.

You know, Clark, it is really hard to write to you about this, because I don’t want you to be jealous of Kal. I want you to know what I know. I don’t want you to think I have any secrets from you. Kal is a sweet man, but when I look at him, I don’t see you anymore – I see your twin brother. You know that, don’t you? I bet I could even tell the difference between you, if you were standing side-by-side. There’s a slight difference around the eyes and I don’t mean that he wears completely different glasses… well, he does, but that’s beside the point.

So, to make a long story even longer. After I got here, this time, things were awkward at first. I love and miss you and he looks like you. He loves HIS Lois and I’m as close as he’s ever gotten to his Lois. I told you before, he’s become quite the

Quite the what? Lois looked around the room, but found no more pieces of paper. This was the rejected part of a letter she was writing to Kal. But she doesn’t call him Kal, of course, because to Lucy ‘Kal’ was Clark. She could see why Lucy rejected this version of the note. It was horrible. If Lucy wanted to share what was going on with this dimension’s Clark without making her husband jealous, this wasn’t the note to write. Even Lois didn’t believe everything between her Clark and Lucy was innocent from this note. She wondered when her roommate had written this. How long had it been sitting under the dresser? She obviously wasn’t the cleaner Lois was.

Lois sat down on her bed and reread the note. So, Lucy thought that Clark was in love with Lois, way back before they knew where to find her. She even thought that Clark saw her when he looked at Lucy. Was it possible that Clark loved her first and was just using Lucy? It was clear to Lois that even then Lucy was having feelings for Clark that were separate from the feelings she had for her husband. Lois wanted to feel bad for Lucy that Clark had used her, but she just felt sick. Lois didn’t want to know about their feelings for each other. Lois wanted Clark just to love her, not a stand-in of her. But as Lois had already read this little bit, she needed to know more.

What else had Lucy written to her husband about her? About Clark? She went into Lucy’s room and dug through the dresser until she found a pile of photos. She quickly scanned through them. Look, there was Clark and James Olsen, out of a suit for once. She raised her eyebrow, studying the photo. That wasn’t Mr. Olsen… that was the James Olsen from Lucy’s dimension. He was friends with Kal.

These were photos of Lucy and Kal. Lois stopped at a photo of Superman and a woman in lavender, pink and teal – Ultra Woman. So, she had been Ultra Woman at one time with Kal. Ultra Woman and Superman were holding hands over the Daily Planet globe and everything she had learned about the Ultra Woman who showed up here had her out and about only that one night, Halloween.

Lois put the photos back into the drawer and pulled out a framed photo, Clark Kent and Lois Lane at the Kerth Awards. Clark was holding an award. They looked so happy. She sighed and put the photo back. She didn’t see any Kerth Awards in either her or Clark’s future. She went over to the bed and slid her fingers under the pillows. She pulled out another framed photo, this one of Lucy’s and Kal’s wedding. She gasped. Her mother and father together, smiling. She had seen this photo at Martha’s, but she hadn’t really looked at it. Clark and Lois married, happy – together. She sighed.

How was Lois ever going to convince her Clark that they were supposed to be together as well? No matter what she did, he pulled back, pulled away from her. He was scared of something, something more than his reputation. But what? She slid her fingers under Lucy’s pillow and returned the wedding photo. Her fingers hit a notebook and she smiled. Goldmine!

Lois read through the pages of the book quickly. Loads of it was sentimental I love you and I miss you, but every once in awhile she wrote in detail about their search for her or about her Clark. So, Lucy and Clark borrowed an earlier version of herself from time to substitute for Lucy over in her dimension, so nobody – including Kal – would know she was missing. That was why he didn’t say he was missing her when she had asked him if he missed his wife; he didn’t know she was gone. And the inventor of the Time Machine was the real H.G. Wells! Wow!

Poor Lucy. Her husband didn’t know she was missing and she could only live her dimension’s life in her dreams. She remembered everything that her other self lived, that was how she had known Clark had told Kal that he slept with her. He must have brought it up with the substitute wife when he had gotten home that night. No wonder Lucy was attracted to her Clark. Memories and dreams were one thing; a living breathing man was quite another.

Lucy would never give these letters to Kal. Of that, Lois was one hundred percent sure. As Lucy wrote more and more about Lois’s Clark, the more admiring she was of him, and the less lovey-dovey she was to Kal, until Halloween. After that, Lucy only mentioned Clark in passing, like she hardly saw him, and she went berserko with the lovey-dovey talk. That was the guilt talking. Lucy was definitely not going to give these letters to her husband; Kal would read between the lines, just as Lois had. Even Lois wanted to burn them, so her Clark would never read them. Lois didn’t want him to know how strong Lucy’s feelings for him had actually been. Lucy loved her husband, but a part of her was also still in love with Lois’s Clark. Lois didn’t think Lucy would do anything with her Clark, being nine months pregnant and all. The baby was due the day after Valentine’s Day. After that, all bets were off.

Jaxon told Clark about the Neuroscanner, huh? And it broke down last February, because the other Lois Lane had shown up overloading its circuits. Interesting. Thank you, Lucy. But, eventually, something happened and Lex, Jr. had been able to fix it, because he started using it again, right before their trip to Tokyo. Lucy wrote of this to Clark; she was worried that the baby had changed her genetic make-up. This freaked Lucy out, but she had no one to turn to, because everyone was thrilled about finding her, the missing Lois Lane, at last. Lucy was afraid to mention it to Clark, to let him know that his one true love was married to a monster. Lucy sure had had to handle loads on her own without her husband.

Lois flipped through the letters again, trying to find some clue as to why Clark kept pushing her away. In September, Lucy wrote of Mayson breaking up with Clark. Lucy had been shocked, because she was so sure that Clark was going to break up with Mayson. Hmmm. Lois flipped back a few pages. Here Lucy had written how Clark wanted to tell Mayson everything about Lucy, because Lucy was becoming a wedge between him and Mayson. So, Clark had told Mayson about Lucy and Kal, but Mayson still broke up with him? No, there had to be more to it than that. Wait. Right before Lucy wrote about Mayson breaking up with Clark, she mentioned being at the hospital. Lois reread those pages more carefully.

Sean McCarthy finally made his move on Mayson Drake. I had been lulled into a false sense of security, having almost forgotten that our Mayson had died. They had a Mayson? And she had died? Kal was able to save her, barely. I’ve never seen someone look so broken. Broken? Clark or Mayson? Clark had almost not been able to save his girlfriend. Superman had almost not been able to save her, either. Déjà vu. Tell me about it, Lucy. Wait, something broke in Kal, too, when Mayson died in her dimension. Kal must have been close to his Mayson as well. Strange, that Lucy would be fine with this Clark dating Mayson. Kal thought that Jaxon or Junior was involved because they were behind the shooting. Shooting? What shooting? Kal went on a rampage. Rampage? Mr. Amazing? And ended up getting caught in Jaxon’s VR machine.

Poor Clark. One couldn’t just leave Jaxon’s machine. Lois knew. Lois set down the notebook. When was that? September. Four months ago. She closed her eyes. Yes, Lex had come into her suite several months back and was practically dancing off the walls with happiness, praising Jaxon, which he never did. Lex normally thought that his son was an idiot. Lex had even taken her out to a restaurant to celebrate. But the next day, Jaxon was back on Lex’s hit list. He even canceled Jaxon’s funding. She reopened the notebook.

When he didn’t show at the hospital, I was able to find where Jaxon had him squirreled away and helped him escape. I feel bad for Kal, he had sacrificed so much for his relationship with Mayson, to have it end so badly. I wish I had had the guts to go back and confront her about it. All right, something definitely happened with Mayson. Whatever happened to or with Mayson broke Clark. He had said that she had dumped him and he didn’t want to talk about it.

Lois was going to need to fix Clark, before he was going to accept a future with her. After her accident in Smallville, it was obvious to her that Clark was still broken or rebroken, because Mr. Amazing had disappeared. Something happened to kill off that side of Clark and if Clark wasn’t going to tell her, she would have to find someone who could. And she couldn’t do that trapped in the apartment.

Lois slid the notebook back under Lucy’s pillow. She went to the trashcan to see if there were any new pages she hadn’t wanted to share with her husband. There was only one thing in the trash, a note from her Clark. Her hands began to shake as she read it:

Came back to talk to Lois, but you all had disappeared, clearly not ready to talk with me. Call me, so I know you made it home safe. CK

Clark had wanted to talk to her. Had Lucy called him? Well, another twenty-four hours had passed and she hadn’t heard word one from him. He had better not have lost his nerve. She needed him to make the first move this time; she was getting tired of chasing him all the time. If he wanted another kiss from her, he would have to come and get it.

*** End of Part 4 ***

Comments

Chapter 6: Part 5

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:24 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.