OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/12/14 03:10 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
smile1 YAY! SUPERMAN!!! and then... uh-oh. It's *Superman*... Lois doesn't know yet, which is good for now, but I'm concerned about what this will mean for Lois and Clark's on-the-rocks relationship as it is... will she recognize him? Fall for him? Run from him? Run to Clark? AAAAAHH!!! Must know! I'm excited! hyper

And secondly, I like inner Lois in this part, too. Not to say I don't enjoy passionate Lois that interferes with Lois by providing... tasteful dream sequences and commentary laugh .... But Inner Lois in a funk is fun, too.

And last but not least... KISS! sloppy Kiss him! Kiss her! Lois is dropping far too many hints for Clark to not notice and Lois is going to start with her overanalyzing everything and if they don't kiss soon, they're going to miss their chance... metaphorically speaking. I can't actually expect an author to be so cruel as to vengefully rip apart our Lois and Clark without fair warning. Now that would be evil angel-devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Following Saturday Evening
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hyper

“Excuse me, Martha. But did you just tell me to ‘kiss Clark’?” That couldn’t have been what his Mom said.

Martha had laughed. “Ask Clark, Lois.
but... but... 'kiss' was such a great idea!

Then if that doesn’t clear things up, come by the restaurant on your next day off and we’ll see if we can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.”
clap

About an hour before the end of her shift, Lois and Jack noticed that the bookstore had almost cleared out.

“This is so strange for a Saturday night,” commented Jack, looking around at the empty store. “Saturday night is one of our most busiest nights of the week.”

“It could have something to do that huge colossal plane that was being revealed tonight. Even Clark said he was going to check it out. Or it could be the storm.”
Or the flying man...

“I heard about that kiss in Receiving last week,” Jack continued.
Oops.

“If you’re ‘just friends’, you’re friends with benefits and I just can’t see Clark having one of those kinds of relationships. He’s not that type of guy.”
Who knows, she might still try it.

“Wait until you hear what just happened!” Ralph gasped.
A man took flight.

Knowing Ralph, his ‘big news’ was probably some woman’s boob falling out of her shirt.
Or that. Yes, more likely, indeed. Also, it's a good thing this is 1993, otherwise Lois's Tuesday attire would have ended up on youtube, courtesy of PagodaVids.

Kiss him! Just go up and kiss him like you’ve done it a thousand times before and you’re going to do it a thousand times more. It would be completely natural.
Also, time's running out.

Clark’s brow furrowed. “What are you thinking about, Lois? You are positively glowing.”

You, handsome.

“You,” Lois replied out loud.

Oh, my God! You listened to me?
Oops?

Fall? Lois, you’re already splattered on the sidewalk for this man.
rotflol

Great LnC! I do have a one complaint, though: Where's the rest?

Michael

PS: On an unrelated note: is Missing Lois just as evilly addictive? Because there will come a time when I need to figure out which multi-part story in my backlog I get to next. And the way I see it, I should probably wait at least until part 80 is up before I try catching up. Otherwise, I'll be right where I'm now with GEM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bad news. I'm checking into the hospital tonight and won't be able to post until maybe Friday. Good news I have 3-4 days of thumb twiddling time to spend writing, so maybe I can have it finished by the time I get home.

Michael, ML more serious, but does have some funny parts. I love it, but then again I'm considered biased. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy Get well soon! But since you're going to have a chance and more important, energy, to do some writing... blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First off, I'm back from the hospital. Yea! smile1 I had two whole days of nothing to do but catch up on old syndicated TV shows and write more GEM. I haven't typed it up and I don't know how much of it will make it into the final story and how much I'll just slide into backstory... I went WAY off tangent and into the romantic side. As I explained it once to my Beta, I keep telling my characters to keep the plot rolling and all they want to do is make-out... well, if I use it all, I'm definitely going over 30 parts. We'll see. I got home this morning, so Wednesday's part will definitely post tomorrow!

Mouserocks: I love Lois's inner voice. She has totally taken this story and made it her own and even drawn out a bit of Clark's conscience. I may at times be an evil fic writer, but not that evil. You will not have to wait until the end of the story for another kiss... actually you won't have to wait long indeed... laugh And yes, the fun and excitement with Superman has just begun. dance

Michael: Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad to hear my story is addicting. It's comments like that which keep me writing and going over the number of parts I keep trying to limit myself to. laugh To answer you questions...

I'm sorry, I did not apply your suggestion for the red speedos, tempting though it may have been. I pictured more swimming shorts for Clark.

Why did Lois insist on rubbing herself with Aloe? Ugh. Because her skin hurt and she knew she wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

The "transparent" dress I pictured for Lois returning to work with a sunburn (although technically any of us who have actually suffered a sunburn would tell you, we wouldn't wear THAT dress) is the one from PML when Lois is dreamy in love with Clark.

I'd say, not kissing Lois, and then reading he autobiography when he's 80, where she explains how her great love never kissed her and so she had to settle?
rotflol

So, Preston is up to his old tricks. And from the looks of it, has been for quite some time? That's bad. Also, who's his competition? And without competition, he wouldn't *need* to cause the headlines, now would he?
Good point. I didn't think of that. Maybe, because even without competition it's good to have a reporter on the scene when something actually happens. The plane getting hit by lightning, NOT due to Preston though. Just coinscidence.

The reason Superman catches the falling engine before helping the plane is because he doesn't want anyone on the ground hit by the engine while the plane is still able to be airborne.

"I will now appear one last time since you have matured to the age of mating. There are wonderful news, Kal El, my son. Your birth wife is alive and is likely looking for you."
Gee, thanks, Dad. rotflol

As always, Michael, you keep me in stitches (not literally). rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you're back home again. And what's that with a third story brewing?

It's comments like that which keep me writing and going over the number of parts I keep trying to limit myself to.
Only the sky's the limit. After all, this is a board where people can fly laugh

I'm sorry, I did not apply your suggestion for the red speedos, tempting though it may have been.
I was just kidding smile Sort of. They are his trademark, after all wink

Why did Lois insist on rubbing herself with Aloe? Ugh. Because her skin hurt and she knew she wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
Um... no, the Aloe was clear. The question was why she was insisting on doing it herself instead of giving Clark a heart attack wave

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard