Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 3...

The flight attendant brought her coffee. Black this time, with two sugars. She had had enough sugar for one day. It was so hot it was actually steaming. First Class ruled. With Lex, she traveled on a private jet – recommended, if your wife was a kidnap victim. The Daily Planet was so broke before Mr. Olsen bought it, that she always traveled coach. She wondered if she got her job back, if she would still travel coach. So, she didn’t really have much experience with First Class. So far, she loved it.

Lois stirred her coffee with the little red straw / stir stick they gave her. Then she blew on it to cool it off as she leaned across Clark’s seat and looked down the aisle to see where he had disappeared off to. Must be in coach. The First Class passengers’ privacy curtain was closed. She lifted her cup to her lips to sip, but nothing came out. Glancing down, she saw that her coffee had turned into a popsicle. Her eyes opened wide. What in the…? It had been steaming not the minute before. She pulled up the stir stick but the whole cup went with it. She glanced around to see if anyone was watching her, not that she could tell. She was going to have to melt it and fast, before the flight attendant or Clark returned. She glanced up at the ceiling at the little air conditioning fan. That was ridiculous. Those little vents were cool, but not that cool.

She went over in her mind what had happened since she got the cup of coffee. Lois had put in the sugar, stirred, blew on it to cool it down and poof – coffee-icicle. Her mouth hung open. No way! Super cooling breath was one of Superman’s abilities. How in the world had she gotten it? She glanced around again. If she had stolen that, maybe she had acquired some of his other skills as well. She closed her eyes a moment and recalled that first conversation with Perry. Strength, speed, flying, cooling breath, heat vision, x-ray vision, invulnerability and hearing. Super cooling breath, got it. Hearing? Check. Strength? Check. Invulnerability? Her brow furrowed, would that include super healing? If it did, big check.

Alright, let’s see if she could try a little heat vision on the coffee-icicle without bringing the plane down. She wrapped her hands around the little china coffee cup and then glanced around at the First Class passengers. Good, nobody was looking. She tilted down her Lucy glasses, focused on the frozen coffee and thought ‘heat.’ Soon her mug of coffee was boiling hot again. Of course, she had melted her stir stick, so she set the cup off to the side. She didn’t really need to ingest melted plastic.
Many thanks to my Beta Readers. thumbsup

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:19 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like your take on Clark's breakup with Lana. She did seem more caught up in appearances.

Clark is sweet explaining things to the little boy.

I wonder what Lois is up to...

“He lied to me.”
Joan

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She bet he couldn’t wait to start a family of his own. When she finally told him... Her bottom lip began to shake and her eyes felt damp again. She placed a hand on her stomach. She could never tell him that she had been pregnant. He would be devastated. It would be better if he never knew how close they had been to starting a family of their own.
Aww, come on Virginia, have a heart? Break through bleeding, lost one twin but not the other. . . the possibilities are endless!
evil

Love the story and on the edge of my seat for more!

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Lois is not only teasing Clark, knowing he's Superman, but him not knowing she knows. She's also wondering if he ever loved her or if she was only a substitute for his true love, Lucy.

rkn: No, I'm sorry, alt-Lois lost her baby. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He knew she wouldn’t stay silent for long. It wasn’t in her genes. She actually made it four minutes, a new record.
goofy

“Oh. Right.” Clark nodded, recognizing the term. “Carry-on.”

Lois smiled. Nope, he hadn’t ever flown on a plane before. This was going to be interesting.
/imagines the security video showing up on Youtube, with similar video links pointing to Mr. Bean.

Could Clark really believe she was that blind? Had she been that blind?
Well, the other Lois took two years? So he figures he has another good 23 months in there?

They sailed through security. No big surprise there.
Ooooh, wouldn’t it have been fun if the female security guard kept getting beeps from Clark Kent and they called him out and started padding him down. And since he’s not used to it, he wouldn’t know that they would need a man to do it?

She drew in a quick breath and hoped beyond hope that Mr. Amazing hadn’t considered that the kind of betrayal that would make him fall out of love with her.
That would be stupid- Oh… right. Clark Kent.

She quickly flipped through the book and then set it down, stepping away, her brain suddenly full of images from the story.
Oops? So much for in-flight entertainment.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Is it true? Is it true?”

“Is what true?” Clark asked him, hesitantly.

“Do you really know Superman?”
Huh.

Thank you, Timothy. Lois grinned. Confirmation complete. Despite Clark lowering his voice, she could hear him just fine.
goofy

Oh. And you wear glasses, just like me.”

“That, I do. Not only do glasses make you see better, they make people think you are smart and listen to what you say.” He winked at Timothy.
Also, they keep me from undressing brunette women I live with all the time.

The mother waved her son back and the father had a red face at his son’s boldness.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: clap Goody, more FDK gifts!

Now, why would he need to deny that so explicitly?
He didn't deny it. He said "I never said that..." wink

Especially, when he asked to try hers?
If I were Lana and Clark asked to use my tights, implying we were the same size, I'd dump him too.

/twack/ /throws away broken 2x4/
Time to buy... er... make a new one? With sparkly green... oh, darn... she can't use the green stones anymore, can she? Or CAN she?

Isn’t that how relationships work? Didn’t Lex help her with that, too?
Yes, and look how well that relationship went.

Umm…/points towards Lois’s husband/
Tights-wearing freaks don't fall into the same category as murdering pyschopaths.

No, instead he is a philanderer.
He NEVER cheated on Lana.

Ooooh, this is going to be funny. How are they going to explain when he has an accident during takeoff? /imagines the soiled seat ending up in the aeronautics museum of Metropolis/
We'll be sure to take him for a walk before boarding the plane.

Yes, you have a selfaware, superpowered bomb onboard who doesn’t know she’s superpowered.
clap

She will have to do something about that?
<<whistling innocently>>

Oh boy. Which reminds me, do they *have* first class in continental flights?
First Class in cont. US is now called (I believe) "Business Class".

/wonders if the manager will forget to charge the credit card/
Of course! They always do.

Oooooooh, can we dip Lex in gold? Please? It worked great with *censored*.
Mindy?

Also, they keep me from undressing brunette women I live with all the time.
WANT to live with. They have their own apartment.

But it might be a great way for single mothers to make contact with Superman?
Shhhh! "Other than the single childless bridge jumpers, I tend to meet lots of divorced women through their children."

Also, it would tick off my girlfriend. And we wouldn’t want that to happen, would we?
Because it's Sunday and we don't do that on Sundays? Only Monday-Saturday?

he really has no idea, has he?
clap

Really, Lois?
Ooops?

Very bad Lois. Very bad.
wildguy <- New Alt-Lois

Say, will she meet Call-Me-Daniel?
Do you REALLY want me to tell you?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Goody, more FDK gifts!
blush

He didn't deny it. He said "I never said that..."
He charges lawyer rates, doesn't he? Or runs for political office?

If I were Lana and Clark asked to use my tights, implying we were the same size, I'd dump him too.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard