Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Part 9

Author's Warning: This part is a bit more racy than others in this story. It has been approved at PG-13 for Gfic by both of my Betas.

Part 10

Monday – Labor Day

A couple of hours later, Lois woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and pastries. As she rubbed her eyes, she heard Clark speaking on the telephone.

“I’m sorry I didn’t stop by, Dad. I didn’t want to be away long in case Lois woke up to find me missing.”

Clark had gone out for breakfast and come back. Lois smiled, liking that man even more. She had decided to stop fighting her inner passionate side…

Thank you! About time.

…and allow herself to like Clark. She wasn’t ready to make the first move, but she was more than willing to encourage him to make it.

Dad!” Clark said in a tone that sounded almost embarrassed. “No, nothing happened. I told you Lois and I are just friends.”

Well, that wasn’t encouraging. Maybe he didn’t like her that way after all.

“Something did happen, but I shouldn’t talk about it over the phone.”

Was he talking about her telling him to stay the night? About her snuggling in his arms? About holding his hand? About sleeping together on her couch? About talking until dawn?

“I’ll tell you and Mom about it later.”

Mom? Lois’s eyes focused on the globe still sitting on the coffee table. Oh, right. That.

Well, at least he’s not telling Martha and Jonathan lies about you.

Lois swallowed. She hoped Martha wouldn’t tell her son about Tempus’s prediction of her future husband. Lois couldn’t discount it as crazy-delusional talk anymore. She could no longer laugh at the story. It was no longer funny. Was it inevitable? She didn’t want to fall head-over-heels in love with some flying superhero. She liked Clark. She wanted Clark.

Yippee!

Oh, shut up!

I thought you weren’t going to argue with me anymore.

Clark lowered his voice. “Anyway, Dad, Lois isn’t like that.”

How sisterly.

Are you going to let him get away with that?

Lois smiled evilly. Nope. “Clark,” she called to him over the back of the couch in her most seductive voice, loud enough for Jonathan to hear, “Get off the phone and come back to bed.”

Clark turned and glared at her grinning face. She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing. It didn’t work.

“No, Dad, Lois was only joking…Dad! I’ll talk to you later.” He hung up. “Very funny, Lois. That was my Dad.”

Lois laughed. “I know.”

Clark shook his head with his lips pressed together, but Lois could tell he was trying to stop himself from laughing as well. “Minx. You’re going to ruin my reputation.”

Lois stood up and joined him at her small dining table. “Improve it, you mean. A man’s reputation improves when he stays the night at a lady’s apartment.”

“While the lady’s reputation descends into the murky beyond,” he replied.

She winced. “Oh, right.” With a shrug she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed his cheek. “We know the truth, don’t we, loverboy?”

Clark gazed up at her face. They were only inches apart after that kiss to his cheek. “Loverboy?” he inquired, his brow raised.

Lois smiled. “No?”

He took hold of her wrist that was still on his shoulder and with a gentle tug managed to get her to fall into his lap. Her heart started racing. Was this really happening? Was he going to kiss her again? She remembered that kiss from the other day and her racing heart almost exploded from her chest. Clark cupped her jaw in his hand and placed a soft, gentle kiss on her lips.

Lois moaned.

Oh, that felt good. More please.

Her eyes opened and saw him staring at her with heat in his eyes. Or was that just the heat from hers reflected there? Had he heard her moan from the pleasure of his kiss? The kiss that followed answered that question.

Clark pressed his mouth to hers and begged to let his tongue enter her mouth. She couldn’t refuse him. This kiss put the kiss at the store to shame. The fire between them was melting her into one big gooey mess. She needed him. More of him. Lois ran her fingers under the edge of his shirt and felt his hot skin and those six-pack abs.

“Oh, Clark,” she moaned again.

“Lois.” He was with her on this roller coaster ride of desire.

As he kissed down her neck she tried to get her shaking hands to work the buttons on his shirt. Finally she gave up and pulled, popping the buttons, and giving her free access to his chest.

“Lois!” Clark gasped a little, not in dismay, but in surprise.

“I need you, Clark.” She was moaning again. His skin felt so good under her fingers. Against her lips. She needed more of him.

He swallowed and whispered, “It’s too soon, Lois.”

Lois slid off his lap and, taking his hand in hers, led him over to her futon couch. Oh, why hadn’t they pushed it down into a bed last night? Giving up, she leaned her backside against the back of the couch and pulled him back into her arms for another earth-shattering kiss. She wrapped her legs around his hips and pulled him closer. “I want you more than anyone ever before, Clark.”

He cleared his throat, but it didn’t succeed in clearing the hoarseness from his throat. “Lois, are you feeling okay?”

She was kissing his chest now and glanced up into his eyes. “I need you, Clark. I feel numb and being with you is the only thing that will thaw this chill that has crept inside of me.”

Clark lifted her into his arms. “We’ve only had the one date and that was with my folks. It’s too soon.”

“I know you want me as much as I want you.”

“You do?”

Lois pulled back enough to smile at him. “Those jeans fit you much better last night.” Then she returned her lips to his. He shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, but did not try to move away.

“I need to feel something, Clark. And I know being with you would bring me pleasure,” she whispered kissing down his neck. “I need to feel pleasure.”

Clark grinned. “Well, if it’s pleasure the lady requires…” He bumped her futon couch with his hip and, without its usual protest, her couch slid into a bed. He lay her down on the bed and disappeared into the bathroom.

Lois felt cold and exposed after the hotness that his body had supplied. He returned a minute later carrying a bucket full of water and a washcloth. Her brow furrowed. What was he up to? He pushed her pants leg up to her knee and took hold of her foot. Then he leisurely began to wash it. The warm water felt good on her foot, but she didn’t understand what he was doing until he brought that clean foot up to his mouth.

Her eyes rolled back in her head from the sensations his tongue made on her toes. Oh, God. She moaned again, her body arching in desire. If he could make her feel like this just by touching her feet, she couldn’t imagine what pleasures would come from actually making love to him.

Lois’s other foot caressed his bare chest. It was too much. Too much. She moaned again. He set down her foot and crawled across the bed to her, kissing her lips. Her blood was boiling. She needed him like she had needed no man before.

“Make love to me. Make me feel like a woman should,” she challenged. She wasn’t going to let him leave without satisfying her.

Clark swallowed again. “Lois, I like you, but…”

Lois cut off his protestations with another kiss. She took his hand and put it under her shirt, letting him feel the soft skin of her stomach.

He groaned. “I want you, Lois. God, you don’t know how much I want to be with you in that way, but…”

Lois cut him off with her mouth again. Then she moved to his ear. Sucking on it. Nibbling. She would convince him never to use that ‘but’ word with her again. He leaned over her as he lay next to her, his hand inching up the inside of her shirt. Lois pulled off his glasses and dropped them on the floor.

Suddenly Clark pulled himself away, all the way away, and back over to the dining table. “We can’t, Lois. Not now.” His hands were shaking as his rubbed them through his hair.

Lois walked over to him and made him look at her. That perfect face gazed at her. “Why not? We are both consenting adults.”

Clark pulled that sheepish smile of his out and blushed. The man was too adorable. He kissed her cheek and whispered, “I don’t have any precautions.”

Well, if that was all… Lois pressed her body against his, her mouth against his. “I’m willing to chance it, if you are.”

“Lois! You don’t know anything about my history. What kind of women I’ve been with. And I trust you, but that’s a big step.”

Lois raised a brow. “I know I’m disease free. You don’t seem to be the type of man to sleep around.”

“I’m not, actually…” He blushed again.

“So?” Lois tugged his hand and brought him back to the bed. “Make love to me, Clark. I need this.”

“Are you using me again, Ms. Lane?” he asked, an eyebrow raised as he kept those lips of his from kissing her.

“No, Clark. Not any man will do. I only want you, Clark Kent.” As she said this, Lois ran her fingers across that perfect chest of his and then down that handsome face. Could this man be any more hot and delicious? Did he not know what his body was doing to her? She started kissing down his neck to his chest.

His voice cracked as he spoke. “But if we make love without precautions, Lois. I could… you could… we might make a baby.”

Correct. Her raging hormones had made her forget about that part. Biology 101.

Lois stopped kissing his chest and looked at him. She thought about how she was feeling, this desire that was overpowering her like it had never done before, she thought about this kind, sweet man, who worried, yet kept a clear head though his body desired her as much she desired him. No man would ever be better for her. Every cell in her body wanted him, needed him. She kissed his lips. “I’m willing to take that chance.”

“Lois! If you get pregnant, I am going to want to be a part of that baby’s life. This isn’t a decision to make so lightly,” Clark cautioned her. “Or in the heat of passion.”

“Stop talking, Clark. Make love to me. I need to feel something real right now and you are more real than anyone I’ve ever met. If something happens, it happens. We’ll get married.”

“You would marry me?” He seemed shocked at this announcement.

Lois smiled at him. “Gladly. And it would be my choice whom I’m marrying, not someone else’s. But I need this right now… I need you, all of you.”

Clark covered her mouth with his and as quickly as he had pulled away before, he rejoined the passion party. He was making her delirious with his kisses, melting her in a way she never felt she could, touching her inner womanhood and making her toes curl. Her heart was racing faster than it ever had in her life. Lois pressed her chest against his bare chest and moaned. She even felt like they were beginning to float again.

“Lois?”

“Hmmm.”

“You awake?”

“Huh?” Lois blinked her eyes and she was lying back on her futon couch, alone.

Oh, yes, I really should have had you take off your shirt before you pressed your chest against his.

It had been a dream. Just a dream. A hot, horny, wild passionate dream. Had she really begged Clark to make love to her? Had he really been the one with the clear head about precautions? Had they agreed to get married? Oh, God! It was a dream. She groaned, covering her face with her hands.

“I’ve got to go, Dad. Lois is awake.”

But it had felt like heaven when Clark had sucked on her toes. Lois’s body still tingled all over. The passion was still there, despite it only having been a dream. She still wanted Clark in that way. She still desired him. Oh, God!

Clark sat down next to her on the couch.

Would she be able to look at him again? She turned away.

“Are you all right, Lois? Your heart is racing, you’re flushed and you’re breathing heavily. I heard you moaning. Were you having a nightmare?”

Was her heart beating so loudly that he could hear it? She reached out to him and he took his hand in hers. Her eyes turned towards him all the fire burning inside of her scorching him with her look. “I was about to make love to you.”

Clark’s jaw dropped. “Pardon?”

Lois wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I was making love to you, Clark. Mmmm. And it felt good. Very good. We should try it for real one of these days.” She licked her lips, then she licked his. “Once we’ve picked up some precautions.”

Clark joined her kiss, their tongues joining and dancing. He lay with her back down on the couch. “Oh, Lois.”

“Oh, Clark,” she moaned again.

“Lois, I asked if you were having a nightmare?” Clark’s voice made her eyes pop open again. She had fallen back asleep with Clark sitting next to her. She had started to kiss him in her dreams again. What were her body and mind doing to her?

Don’t tell me to ‘shut up’ ever again, Lois.

Lois cleared her throat and sat up, looking at Clark, sure her cheeks were flaming. “Ah, no,” she admitted with an exhale of air. Oh, God! She needed to catch her breath. “Not a nightmare.” Her grin was too big and entirely too falsely innocent.

Clark raised a brow. “Then what were you dreaming?”

Lois’s eyes went wide. “You and I were…” she stammered. She wasn’t going to tell him what they had almost done her in dreams. She coughed. “Rock climbing.”

Quick thinking, Lois. I would have gone with having horny sex, but rock climbing works.

“I was in your dream?” he asked. The hint of a smile on his face grew larger. “Really?”

Lois swatted at him. “We were rock climbing. I fell and you caught me.”

He grinned. “Sounds like fun. I got us some pastries and coffee.”

“Yummy! Food.” Lois jumped up. She needed to splash some cold water on her face. Dip her body into a pool of ice cubes. She had to turn off this passion and fast. “Pardon me. I’ve got to…” She pointed to the bathroom and ran.

Once in the safety of her bathroom, Lois leaned against the door and exhaled again. She went to the sink and splashed cold water on her face, but it didn’t work. She would have to try a shower. Oh, God! She had almost made love to Clark in her dreams. Twice! And it had felt wonderful. “Clark, you can suck on my toes anytime you want,” she murmured to herself with another delighted moan.

She heard a crash in the other room.

“Shoot,” Clark mumbled.

“Something wrong?” Lois called out to him.

He cleared his throat. “No. Well, yes. I spilt juice all over the pastries.”

Clark had bought her juice. She moaned again. The man was too wonderful. She needed that cold shower.

“I’m going to have to go get us some more. Don’t worry. I’ll clean up the mess,” he finished saying.

“I need to take a shower,” she admitted. “Why don’t you swing by your place and pick up your new suit? We’ll make a day of it.” After the horniness of her dreams, she wasn’t going to let Clark get away from her. Maybe she would get that kiss today after all. Just a kiss, though. No need to rush things.

“What?” he stammered as she heard another crash.

“The new suit your Mom said she put on your bed? It isn’t a swimming suit? Please, don’t tell me it’s a business suit,” Lois said. Dressed only in her fluffy robe, she opened the bathroom door and glared at him. He was picking up the remnants of her dishes off the floor. “If you tell me you are applying for yet another job…”

Clark grinned. His pseudo-innocent grin was as bad as hers.

“I’ll walk the streets of Metropolis before I let you get a fourth job, buster,” she said, shutting the bathroom door again. Lois sighed and then whispered, “If you get another job, Clark, I’ll never see you.”

She heard Clark clear his throat again. “Okay, I’ll pick up some new pastries and my swimming suit and come back here in, let’s say, an hour? Does that give you enough time?”

“Yes, an hour. Sounds good.” She could deprogram this horniness in an hour. Otherwise she was screwed. She winced. Bad word choice. If she couldn’t get rid of it in an hour, who knew what she might do to Clark when he walked in her door with pastries and dressed only in a swimsuit?

Clark ran down the street at blur speed.

Maybe my Dad was right. Lois is certainly a distraction.

Clark had never had butterfingers in his life – thank you, extra speediness. In the course of one minute Lois made him drop not only the bottle of orange juice – on top of the pastries no less – but also the wet dishes he was removing from the table.

“Clark, you can suck on my toes anytime you want.”

He had no idea where the toe sucking idea had come from or why she had said it and it wasn’t something he had ever considered before, but now… Clark shook his head. Now, he couldn’t think of anything else. It seemed so intimate, especially since they had only shared that one kiss and that was at work. Between thoughts of that first kiss and toe sucking, Clark was ready to explode. He took off into the air, flying northward.

Then Lois had suggested he go get his new suit and that they spend the day together. Crash went the dishes. He would have to replace them. At first he had thought she knew, especially in light of their ‘flying’ conversation that morning. Hello, butterfingers. She hadn’t liked the idea of him getting another job. She would ‘walk the streets first.’ Well, he couldn’t have Lois turn into a streetwalker! He laughed to himself, knowing that would never be an option for Lois.

Clark dove into the icy waters of the Arctic. Ahhh! Much better. He felt like he was getting back to his normal temperature. For some reason he felt he would need to build a home-away-from-home up here if he continued to see Lois. Just thinking about her made his blood boil with passion.

There’s another way to release some of this desire, Kent. You could kiss her.

He could. Clark smiled. He decided that after thinking about kissing Lois, he needed to do a few more laps. Then he climbed up a nearby iceberg and flew home. Lois was expecting him back in less than an hour and he still had to pick up his swimsuit and some new pastries. He cleared his throat. And some new dishes.

His wet jeans were uncomfortable. He should have gotten his swimsuit first, but his need to cool off was stronger than his need to be comfortable. Anyway, he didn’t want to tell his folks about Lois’s globe with the thoughts and desires of Lois pulsing through his body.

Clark landed in the alley behind the café. He didn’t know how to explain his wet clothes to his Mom. His Dad would understand without explanation. Clark unlocked the alley door to the café and took the backroom steps up to the small two bedroom apartment above the café.

His Mom stood in the kitchen, cleaning up the breakfast dishes, and glanced at him when he entered.

A smile flashed on her lips. “Bit nippy out there, Clark?” she asked.

“No,” he replied and headed to the bathroom to change. That was when he realized that ice had formed on his jeans. Ooops. There was no fooling his Mom.

Clark rinsed off in a lukewarm shower for about twenty seconds, dried off, and then wandered into his room with a towel wrapped around his hips, in search of some clothes and his swimsuit.

“Clark, do you have time to try on the new suit,” called his Mom. “Or is Lois expecting you?”

He glanced at the clock. “I have a few minutes,” he replied, looking down at the blue suit on his bed. It seemed brighter than he remembered and not his normal choice of clothes at all. Dropping the towel, he spun into the new ‘secret identity’ suit. He didn’t know if he called it the ‘secret identity suit’ because it would let Clark Kent remain ‘secret’ or if it was because the guy he would become in this suit was his ‘secret’ identity.

His Mom came in and stared at him. “Wow.”

“You don’t think it’s too tight?” Clark shifted back and forth, looking at himself in his Mom’s full length mirror. “Do you think Lois will recognize me?”

His Mom patted him on the arm as she peered around his shoulder with a chuckle. “Nobody’s going to be looking at your face, Clark.”

Clark’s eyes bugged as he blushed. “Mom!

“They don’t call them tights for nothing.” She grinned as his blush deepened. “Don’t be surprised if Lois is in shock at first.”

“Where’s my boy?” his father called entering the bedroom, his expression startled when he spied Clark. He cleared his throat. “You don’t think they’ll recognize you?”

Clark could see his father hoped not.

Removing his glasses, Clark said, “I don’t think so, because I won’t be me.” He put on the glasses and then took them off again.

“Oh,” replied his father, finally seeing the transformation.

Clark glanced over at the clock. He still had over half an hour until Lois expected him back. “There’s something I wanted to tell you about,” he said to his parents. “Let me change and then I’ll tell you what happened last night.”

His mother raised a brow, then she grinned. “Oh, Clark! I knew you two were perfect for one another.”

Mom!” Clark wondered why both his folks expected the worst behavior from him just because he hadn’t come home. “I haven’t even kissed Lois yet!”

“Yet?” said his Dad with a raised brow. “Something happen in the last hour to switch your mind from ‘just friends’?”

Clark covered his face with his hand, hating that his folks could read him like an open book.

His Mom patted his Dad on the shoulder. “Let’s give him a minute.”

His Dad nodded and left the room with her, closing the door behind him.

Clark heard his Mom lower her voice, out of politeness more than necessity, “He came in covered in ice.”

His father chuckled. And Clark groaned. There was a reason he was completely honest with his folks. They knew the truth whether he told it to them or not. But there were still some things he wished they would just pretend not to notice.

Clark took one last look in the mirror and nodded. Not bad. Not bad at all. Nobody would know it was him.

*** End of Part 10 ***

Part 11

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/12/14 03:26 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.