Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, everyone, for commenting!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Nigel! Lois. Shot? Again? Lois! <<shaking head>> again with falling in Luthor's trap. As soon as you saw Nigel you should have hightailed it out of there!

Poor Clark! He got exposed again. mecry

But finally,
And only then, with his hand caressing my hair, did I finally believe. And only then did the world recede and the shadows disappear in a blaze of light.
she beleived! Yes. She realizes she's in LOVE with Clark! Right? Or is it that she finally believed that Super Clone wasn't Superman? That she finally believed Clark's letter that Superman wasn't there to help them. Aaaah! With the cliffhangers!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow... just... wow.

The end... it could have soooo many meanings...

a) she only then believes Clark's ok and not shot
b) like my pre-poster said, she finally realizes what she feels towards Clark (I rather think this is not "it")
c) she finally believes what Clark's been trying to tell her all along: C=S, S=imposter

I espcially like how the ending of part 12 is in a way the opposite of the ending of part 10.
In 10, everything fades to darkness and now, in 12, it's a blazing light.

In any case, I'm hooked - now and forever - and am patiently (?) awaiting more and more delicious parts of this story.

~Sira.

Top Banana
Top Banana
My sincere apologies for having left no feedback over the past few weeks. I have been reading (and re-reading) each new chapter on my cell phone, totally captivated by this amazing story!

I'm back online now, and I want you to know how much I love your story clap , and just how talented I think you are notworthy

Your ability to keep us not only emotionally involved - and believe me, I am *completely* emotionally involved - but also intellectually involved with this story, told in 1st person, where the reader has a degree of knowledge the narrator doesn't, makes reading so incredibly enjoyable! And you are a master of suspense; you've got me on the edge of my seat. Very well done.

Here's my take on what Lois believes: she believes (has complete and utter faith in) Clark. I don't think (but I could be wrong!) that she knows Clark is Superman. I'd think her first assumption might be that the real Superman is dead. But I also think that soon (soon meaning anywhere from the very next sentence we read to possibly as long as another chapter or so) she'll be putting the clues together in her mind (possibly writing a "list of clues," as we've seen her do before) and coming up with the inevitable C=S.

I'm looking forward to reading more (and learning how far off my assumptions might be laugh )

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! What a chapter!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, when he settled into bed for the night, I waited until he had pulled the blankets up around himself, then moved to sit at his side as I had the night before.
I love how this quickly became a ritual for them.

I hated that I had to remind myself.
clap

"Here's my secret. When you kissed Toni Taylor...I was jealous." I pulled back to study his reaction.
Just admit it to yourself, Lois, you LOVE him!

Superman had kissed me just hours earlier--why did that now seem so...unimportant?
Because it's NOT. laugh

"When I threw you in that dumpster...I kind of enjoyed it."
rotflol

"Only we can know. You and me against the world."
And it does sort of describe their relationship huh? Lois and Clark against everything that the world throws at them.

"Oh?" A touch of surprised disbelief tinged Perry's voice, and he hesitated a moment before continuing. "Well, I'm sorry then. I didn't realize a bit of beauty sleep was more important than this little tip I just got from some dame callin' herself Long Legs Lulu. Should I call back at a more convenient time?"
LOL! So Perry, though I'm not sure I can see him using the word "dame." Gal maybe.

"She said it was worth your while."
Why do I have a BAD feeling about this... eek

It wasn't like we were anywhere near the lunch hour, and Perry hated leaving his newsroom for even that inconvenience.
LOL! That's Perry for you!

The last thing I needed was a proposition before breakfast.
Unless it's from Clark. Oh, that was bad, I'm sorry.

My insides twisted with excitement and the beginnings of fear when I recognized Nigel's smooth voice. Through the shadows, I could just make out that he was speaking into a cell phone, his back to the open door.
Uh oh! eek

"I had a feeling you might decide to drop by," Nigel said with a smug smile twisting his lips. "How fortunate for us." Using his gun to gesture toward the garage's interior, he added, "We'd just like a word, Ms. Lane."
*gulp*

"No." I clenched my hands into fists, bracing myself for the unfavorable response that reply was sure to elicit.
Um, Lois, now is a perfect time to lie through your teeth.

"Superman will not help you, you fool," Nigel told me in a cold voice, all hints of false congeniality wiped from his demeanor. "Your only hope--your *partner's* only hope--is to cooperate with Mr. Luthor."
Hello, giant neon clue about Anti-Supes!

A foot on my back stopped me from rising, and I froze when Nigel leaned closer to point the gun at my head. "Don't move, Ms. Lane."
Nice try though, Lois!

"Clark!" I cried out. Instinctively, without thought, as if I had forgotten where I was, I tried to rise and flee to the safety of his embrace. Nigel's foot and the feel of the gun pressed against the back of my head pulled me up short.
Followed the note? Or have some of his powers started to come back? Like superhearing?

An appallingly loud noise echoed through the garage...and with a strained cry, Clark crumpled to the ground.
Oh noes!!!

And only then, with his hand caressing my hair, did I finally believe. And only then did the world recede and the shadows disappear in a blaze of light.
Hmmmmm....did you just figure things out, Lois? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!

So uh, that was mean leaving us on that note! Give us more soon please!

I love the action of this chapter. And I love how Lois cares more about saving Clark than about saving her own life. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I've been MIA the past few chapters but know that I am CONSTANTLY checking for updates. Are you almost finished with the story so you can start posting every other day or dare I say... EVERYDAY? Twice a day? grovel

Loved the action in this chapter. My guess is Lois has FINALLY /insert emoticon slapping their forhead/ that CK is SM. But I am a little more lenient on this Lois since she is seeing both a CK & SM at the same time and Supes hasn't acted TOO out of character yet.

Spectacular Story!!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm on the edge of my seat. What an action-packed chapter. I'm really enjoying this story.

c) she finally believes what Clark's been trying to tell her all along: C=S, S=imposter
Oh, I hope this is the correct explanation. If it's not, then this has to be the most blind version of Lois Lane I've ever seen.

It was no surprise that Superclone didn't come when Lois called for help and oh, how I love it that Clark (and Harv) came to the rescue.

More, please.
BJ

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi AntiK,

I'm sure you've heard the maxim that protagonists have to earn their happy ending. Lois & Clark have definitely done that, and there are still ten more parts to go. I hope that the last part is pure WAFF!

Is it time for part 13 to be posted yet?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The previous chapters were great! But this one is incredible. I will be away from my computer for a few days, so checking my cell phone will keep me in touch with all the action.

Looking over Lois' shoulder to watch all the action is an excellent way to keep the reader involved. However, the letter and his physical demeanor are the only windows allowing us to know what's going on inside Clark's mind and heart.

Come on Ms. Lane, use those great intuitive leaps of yours to get to the truth!

These cliffhangers are killing me!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Augh! She's *got* to know something now, she just *has* to! eek Come on, Lois! Think! You have all the clues you need, now put them together! thud

I'm on the edge of my seat, here; can't wait for the next chapter!

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm... it looks like most people think Lois has figured out C=S. I'm kind of hoping she hasn't yet, because in general I prefer Lois to realize she is in love with Clark *before* she knows that he's Superman. And she is *SO* close. (to both realizations, actually. but I so prefer the love realization to come before the Superman one)

Although, I have read many a good fic where it happens the other way around, and I have great confidence in your ability as an author, so if you decide to go that route I know you'll pull it off. Still.....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Action scenes aren't my forte, so I'm delighted that this one seems to have passed muster.

I really didn't mean for there to be such a big mix-up about what exactly Lois allowed herself to believe, but I hope the next chapter answers it sufficiently. smile

Thanks, VirginiaR--but have you ever known Lois to get out of somewhere she should never have gone in the first place? wink

Thanks so much for the amazing feedback, Sira! I love that you brought out the parallels between chapters 10 and 12. I do that a lot in this story (sometimes, I think too much, but I'm having so much fun with it :rolleyes: ), and I'm glad you caught it.

Your feedback really made my day, Vicki. Glad you're still reading and enjoying. I think one of the best compliments a writer can get is to hear that someone is rereading his/her work, so that was great to hear. And then you added that you were involved with the story on more than one level, which just blew me away. Thanks!

Thanks, mozartmaid! Green glow? What green glow? wink

The exchange of secrets was something I didn't plan at first--it just sort of happened--but now it's one of my favorite parts, so I'm glad you like it, Deadly Chakram. Glad Perry worked for you. And I thought people would be happy I didn't end the chapter in the middle of the action--I did try my best not to make it too much of a cliff-hanger! smile

Thanks, Stephnachia! I'm relieved that you're going easy on this Lois since I had been of the opinion that two guys standing in front of her would definitely delay the revelation. And I'm doing my best to finish the story--it's gotten longer than I had originally planned, page-wise, and real life has been a bit busy...but no excuses, right? :p

BJ, glad you liked the rescue! I wanted to show how super Clark really is even in the midst of everything else!

I actually never had heard that maxim, Lynn, but I love it! As to the last part...I'll let you know when I write it. :rolleyes: Thanks for the wonderful comment!

Thanks for the feedback, Morgana! It's nice to know my beta-reader isn't tired of it yet. smile

Love your enthusiasm, Queen of the Capes! laugh I do promise that Lois will find out the truth before the end of the story. cool

More great feedback, Vicki! Thanks! I hope I don't disappoint your faith in me. blush

Thanks, everyone, for sticking with me!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What an exciting chapter! It's sad that Lex still has such power over their lives. It seems like Lois is starting to realize she has feelings for Clark - a good thing.

I have a feeling she'll be rationalizing Superman's absence in the next chapter.

Well done, as always.

Joan

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Lois does have a habit of rationalizing and justifying and excusing, doesn't she? But then, don't we all? smile

Thanks, Joan! blush

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I had to admit that the kiss hadn't exactly hurt matters for Superman either, but that was really beside the point.
Do we *have* to like Lois at this point in the game?

"I'm sorry I wasn't better company today, Lois," he offered before I could say anything.

I shrugged, not exactly eager to follow that topic. "We all have our off-days."

"Still friends?"

I froze, unable to decipher the emotions straining his voice. "Of course, Clark. You can't get rid of me that easily."
"I'm sorry I broke your GI Joe, lil' Bro." - "It's okay, Sis, I didn't really mean it when I said you look like a frog."

"I'm sorry I wasn't better company today, Lois," he offered before I could say anything.

I shrugged, not exactly eager to follow that topic. "We all have our off-days."

"Still friends?"

I froze, unable to decipher the emotions straining his voice. "Of course, Clark. You can't get rid of me that easily."
I didn't see that one coming.

"When I threw you in that dumpster...I kind of enjoyed it."
wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Michael said:
I thought that was only if he let her go.
Good catch, Michael. I've got a running list of the myriad of clues Clark has handed Lois on a silver platter, but this glaring confession by Lex that He. Let. Her. Go. went right past me. And, unfortunately, right past Lois.

ETA: Well, technically I guess Nigel said it, but it still implies the same thing. Lex expects her to hold up her end of the deal because he's held up his.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, I hope you like Lois, Darth Michael. It's certainly not my intention to ruin her character; it's just a story that leaves her...ahem...in the dark. smile

Long Legs Lulu actually comes from 'Home Is Where The Hurt Is.' I'd never read anything that used her, but I'm afraid I didn't leave her much better off than that episode did.

And, yes, Lois did try to run. I wasn't sure about it, but after everything else that had happened to her thus far... huh

Luthor likes mind-games, and he's definitely playing with Lois here, hence the talk about the agreement.

A very competent goon, but Luthor wouldn't want to lose that piece of very valuable Kryptonite, would he?

Thanks a lot for the encouragement on the fight scene--they make me nervous. I'm delighted it worked for you.

And, Vicki, I'd love to see this list of yours. wink

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'll just comment on this line, which was my favourite in this part:

I wasn't exactly comfortable in the Red Light district, being in a profession very different from Lulu's, and I didn't want to attract any attention. The last thing I needed was a proposition before breakfast.
And it still makes me rotflol

wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Well, I hope you like Lois, Darth Michael. It's certainly not my intention to ruin her character; it's just a story that leaves her...ahem...in the dark. smile
Uh... no, no. She's just like the Lois we got during the end of Season One wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard