Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please feel free to comment! I'll love you forever if you do!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, I feel very bad for Clark. He's not a fighter at all, yet this time and place seems intent on making him one.

I love the tiny touches you put in, the fact that he let the others have more food, the way he learns the others' names and stories, the assurance he gives to Ren.

I also like the paragraph where, after being sure that Lois will come after him, he suddenly wonders if he wants her to, if she'll be safe trying to rescue him in this world. It was a very Clark thing to think.

I can't imagine this owner will be good for him. Love how you mentioned that he used the Superman mask to intimidate the others!

Looking forward to what comes next!

Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup Loved this section! It's sad, but really good. I especially liked how he slipped into his Superman personna near the end- what else is he supposed to do in this situation? At least he's made a friend- I get the feeling that Ren is the Jimmy of this universe (or at least that's how CK views him- younger bro type) wink they should get along relatively well.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Oh, I feel very bad for Clark. He's not a fighter at all, yet this time and place seems intent on making him one.

I love the tiny touches you put in, the fact that he let the others have more food, the way he learns the others' names and stories, the assurance he gives to Ren.

I also like the paragraph where, after being sure that Lois will come after him, he suddenly wonders if he wants her to, if she'll be safe trying to rescue him in this world. It was a very Clark thing to think.

I can't imagine this owner will be good for him. Love how you mentioned that he used the Superman mask to intimidate the others!

Looking forward to what comes next!
Thanks so much Anti-K! I love writing in all of those little details. It's so much fun.

Things are not going well for poor Clark. frown

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
thumbsup Loved this section! It's sad, but really good. I especially liked how he slipped into his Superman personna near the end- what else is he supposed to do in this situation? At least he's made a friend- I get the feeling that Ren is the Jimmy of this universe (or at least that's how CK views him- younger bro type) wink they should get along relatively well.
Good point! I hadn't really intended Ren as a Jimmy-like-figure, just someone for Clark to look after. But it actually does work out nicely like that (the older-brother sort of relationship). Thanks for reading, Mouse!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When he was a child, he'd loved movies with gladiators in them.
I read this and couldn't help but flash back to the movie "Airplane!" where little Joey visits the cockpit, and Captain Oveur (Peter Graves) asks Joey, "Do you like movies about gladiators?"

Along with some other inappropriate questions.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
When he was a child, he'd loved movies with gladiators in them.
I read this and couldn't help but flash back to the movie "Airplane!" where little Joey visits the cockpit, and Captain Oveur (Peter Graves) asks Joey, "Do you like movies about gladiators?"

Along with some other inappropriate questions.
rotflol Io!!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark slowly and painfully slipped back into consciousness.
Oooooo, Clark!

He knew that he was laying over the back of one of the horses. The beast was moving at a swift gallop beneath him.
Huh, okay, that can work. Never figured they might do that with grown men, though blush

Most were discussing how many women they would buy the affections of once they received payment.
Yep, good thing they only caught Clark. Otherwise, their leader would have lot's of difficulty to keep them from sampling the merchandise.

Spartos shrugged. "I was ordered by the gods themselves to take this one."

Minos laughed harshly. "Nice try, big brother."
/wanders if Minos will see the god, too/

"He didn't say his name. But he killed Talos by shooting fire from his hands."
/scrunches forehead/ Zeus!

Fire from his hands? A gun! That has to be Tempus! Clark nearly spat at the thought.
laugh ... wink

And how I am going to get out of this one?
By bloodily killing so many opponents in the arena and being victorious during primus that the populous will demand your freedom?

They were of a sturdy, thick rope and tied tightly with expert knots.
They sound really competent. /wonders what caused villains to degenerate over the millennia/

The kid barely looked eighteen, but was well built.
Where did Gendry come from? Did they also raid in Westeros?

I was a blacksmith's apprentice."
goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, okay, that can work. Never figured they might do that with grown men, though
They *were* in quite the hurry to get away from Xena.

Yep, good thing they only caught Clark. Otherwise, their leader would have lot's of difficulty to keep them from sampling the merchandise.
I'm thinking that Lois would have castrated a few of the men who tried anything.

Okay, Gendry is a minor character from Song of Ice and Fire who worked as a blacksmith apprentice and looked like a bull. Then he got cast into the turmoils of war.
I'm only about 100 pages into A Game of Thrones currently.

Find out where the most trouble's happening and head to the center of it?
huh

That's cheap. Clark must look really bedraggled by now.
At thirty-something, he'd be old for a brand new gladiator.

At least 5 more parts. And maybe then, Lois get's enslaved
laugh You really want to see Lois in bondage, don't you? :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Then you're in for quite a ride. And a long wait after goofy

You really want to see Lois in bondage, don't you?
goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Then you're in for quite a ride. And a long wait after goofy

You really want to see Lois in bondage, don't you?
goofy

Michael
rotflol I'm pretty sure that if Clark owned her, it *definitely* would not be on the light side of the boards. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock shock shock
And here I was just thinking of Lois scrubbing the grout in Clark's kitchen, helping him keep the fridge-door closed and rearranging the furniture in his living room and his bedroom. You're obviously far better vised in figuring out such a scenario. angel-devil

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard