Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 12...

Lois blinked her eyes. She took a deep breath. She could smell coffee. Was that bacon? Eggs? Toast? It was bright outside. A ray of sunshine shone through the window, blanketing her in sunlight. She felt good. Better than good.

She sat up in bed and noticed Clark. He was sitting in a chair with a blanket covering him. Had he slept there all night? When she threw off her quilt, she noticed she was still wearing Lucy’s clothes. They were a little stiff like they had gotten wet and then had dried. Looking around the room, she saw her photos. Her photos. The ones that had been on her bookshelves and walls of her apartment.

Sitting on an old wooden desk against one wall was her laptop; it was sitting there as if it belonged there. Like she had plugged it into recharge before heading to bed.

Her stomach twinged, cramped. Lois rolled her head around, stretching her neck and shoulders. She yawned. Just what she needed, cramping. She gasped, her hand covering her belly. No. Not that. Anything, but that. She took a deep breath. It couldn’t be that. She swallowed. She was being paranoid.

Lois heard a noise downstairs – a cough – and it made her jump. It sounded like it was right next to her. She thought Clark had woken up. But when she looked over at him, he was exactly the same. Someone was cooking breakfast. She grinned. Mr. Amazing! No. Clark was Mr. Amazing, wasn’t he? She was so confused. She walked out of the bedroom and skipped down the stairs. She felt so good. Not a part of her hurt, except that pesky twinge in her stomach. And she felt so light, like she could just float.

Lois pushed open the door to the kitchen. Sam Lane was setting a plate of scrambled eggs, toast and bacon on a tray. She had never felt so disappointed in her life. So, no Mr. Amazing. Maybe he was Clark Kent, after all. Well, she wouldn’t let him know that she knew. He deserved a little punishment.
Thank you to my wonderful and efficient Beta Readers! You make my story stronger. clap

Part 12 of Chapter 5 will post on Saturday and then I'll start posting Chapter 6 on Monday. The new Synopsis for Chapter 5 will post on Monday as well.

Please post comments and feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:49 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome part! So Lois guessed finally. Yay! Clark has some splainin to do. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This makes sense -

It was so nice at first, not having her know.” He smiled. “To know that Lois liked me without her actually knowing everything about me, like everyone else in the world.
Is this part of the secret in the cannon world with the overturned photos?

I haven’t told her about Jack being in Kansas yet
I thought we'd almost lost Lois there. Is pregancy helping her immune system?

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Seems like pre-revelation Clark -- no matter what dimension -- always has 'some splainin to do'. clap

Joan: Good catch about Jack. As it was so early in the pregnancy, no, unfortunately the immunity hadn't kicked in yet. frown

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Alternate Clark didn’t say anything for a moment as a growled at Clark with a glare. Then his attitude changed and he laughed softly to himself. “No, it’s yours, Kal-El.”
[…]
“What do you mean ‘cheating on Lois’?” continued the other Clark. “We can’t even date; she’s married to Lex Luthor.”
confused How do you get from the “It’s yours” to “What do you mean” without Our-Clark demanding an explanation?

“I hit you across a field,” the alternate Clark corrected.
So Our-Clark didn’t land in the tomato glasshouse on the other side of Kansas but just in the potato field on the farm?

She thought I was you, until she saw the two of us with her own eyes.”
And then she got an entirely new set of ideas. The least of which were “Mine! All mine!”

Clark nudged him in the shoulder like a big brother.
Out-Clark much much later: “And I even comforted him on the fact. And all the while, he had…you had…both of you…”

“Funny story, actually
“Funny story, haha. Lois was dressed up as Ultra Woman and then she got drugged and haha, I slept with her. Haha. As in made lot’s and lot’s of love with her. Haha”

“But let’s leave that Lois back in your dimension until she understands the consequences of her actions.”
She’s been grounded!

“I meant Lois, Clark. How about some Dingdongs before you leave?”
Martha, trying to distract him with something shiny!

“Remember, Sweetie, he who lives in a straw hut, should not build his fire too close to home.”
goofy /gets popcorn/

. “You might be surprised at how forgiving she’ll be.” Especially if Martha understood the other Clark’s expression of regret. Of course, that was the Lois in the other dimension. The one back in Metropolis hadn’t cheated on him.
Oh boy.

She smiled; nobody would do an intervention on cupcakes.
goofy

But the other Lois Lane wasn’t Superman’s wife, she was Clark Kent’s wife. So, unless the other Superman was also Clark Kent…
DingDingDing! Only, that’s not news. And if it were news, she couldn’t tell anyone.

And never at the same time as Superman. Ooooh. Her eyes formed slits. She could just clobber him.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What about Clark’s secret girlfriend? She laughed. Her! She was Clark Kent’s secret girlfriend. Oh, that was rich. Very funny, Clark. No wonder his girlfriend would be ticked off if Lucy moved in with him. Yeah, she sure would be. And he saw her on Christmas Eve and was stuck home on New Year’s Eve. Oooh, Mr. Amazing was in big trouble. Big, big trouble!
hyper This. Is. Awesome!

She needed to get out to flag down a passing motorist.
In Kansas?

She could hear some muffled voices before the cold and darkness took her with them.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Michael you like alt-Clark bashing, do you? Then I think you'll... never mind. You'll see. cool

How do you get from the “It’s yours” to “What do you mean” without Our-Clark demanding an explanation?
Canon Clark took it as a pun on their shared name Kal-El, not really HIS. Since "Lucy El's husband" is also named "Kal El". Ever hear the expression, 'we only see what we are conditioned to see'? If he had been looking for his wife...

So Our-Clark didn’t land in the tomato glasshouse on the other side of Kansas but just in the potato field on the farm?
I believe they grow corn in Smallville and it's January. Nothing is planted at the moment.

And then she got an entirely new set of ideas. The least of which were “Mine! All mine!”
rotflol Maybe we should keep that quote between us.

“Funny story, haha. Lois was dressed up as Ultra Woman and then she got drugged and haha, I slept with her. Haha. As in made lot’s and lot’s of love with her. Haha”
Alt-Clark's sense of humor is a little darker than canon Clark's. laugh

Is this like “fine, I haven’t told her the truth about my other job yet, but other than that I’ve been completely honest. Except for the I-love-you-bit.”
Possibly. cool

She could always get undressed? Should calm him down?
Lying around naked could get a little cold and boring. Who knew when or if Superman was going to return?

Aaammm… Glasshouse. Green stones.
List of things to think of BEFORE kissing that man who looks like your Mr. Amazing.

Is that a sign?
Foreshadowing?

This. Is. Awesome!
Glad you're enjoying this revelation.

In Kansas?
She's from Metropolis. What does she know?

Good thing the time machine’s on this side of the great divide?
(is that a question?)

So, there’s whiteout conditions. So, how fast would the snowplow go? 10mph? 15? And Lois is sitting in a car, halfway off the road. The crash pushes it sideways and turns it. Would the jolt really be massive enough to cause her severe neck injuries?
She banged her head against her door and then fell against the passenger side door (because she had undone her seatbelt) when the car fell into the ditch and banged her head again, breaking her neck.

Okay, he really needs to take flying lessons. And don’t think I didn’t notice how you described the lightning’s path. /wags finger/ Funny thing is, at that time I had no active memory that this is 11/12 and what the next chapter's title would be. Always figured it referred to Our-Lois.
My guess, he hasn't been flying around as much as canon Clark since Lana basically forebade it. Remember the hurricane batted him around as well. wink

And Clark’s just the doofus who gets the lucky chip offs.
laugh

Sure about that?
Maybe BEFORE the tiff with canon Superman.

Uh-huh. She’s slippery. And now air-powered.
In a recovery coma.

Isn’t that how this mess got started in the first place?
Basically.

This rumor keeps floating around. No idea how it got started.
Lucy. She still likes him. Sam doesn't seem convinced though.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Michael you like alt-Clark bashing, do you?
I'm just calling it as I see it?

Then I think you'll... never mind. You'll see. [/quote[/squints eyes/

[quote]Canon Clark took it as a pun on their shared name Kal-El, not really HIS.
Ah. Okay. Alt-Clark just sounded way to honest and well-meaning at that moment.

Maybe we should keep that quote between us.
goofy Not wanting to give Alt-Lois any ideas. Especially when she has a timemachine available?

Good thing the time machine’s on this side of the great divide?
------
(is that a question?)
Rhetorical one. About it being a 'good thing'.

She banged her head against her door and then fell against the passenger side door (because she had undone her seatbelt) when the car fell into the ditch and banged her head again, breaking her neck.
I dare say, unlucky fall.

My guess, he hasn't been flying around as much as canon Clark since Lana basically forebade it. Remember the hurricane batted him around as well.
Great. Then how is he supposed to teach his Lois? Oh boy. /imagines Lois taking flying lessons in a regular plane, then trying herself, *then* teaching Clark how the landing gear works.

In a recovery coma.
Question is, 'how long'?

Lucy. She still likes him. Sam doesn't seem convinced though.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard