Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A mini taste of Chapter 5, Part 11...

Mr. Amazing told the other Superman that he had slept with his wife? That just didn’t make sense. He had told Lois that he had only slept with her. Suddenly, she was cold, icy cold and she didn’t think it was from the weather. He hadn’t said that he had only slept with her, he had said he had only been with Lois Lane. And there was concrete proof that she wasn’t the only Lois Lane out there. But the other Lois Lane wasn’t Superman’s wife, she was Clark Kent’s wife. So, unless the other Superman was also Clark Kent…
Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers! thumbsup

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:46 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I feel better now- at least Alt-Lois is a little confused too.

thanks!

rkn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL this is one heck of a mess. I am glad you are at least keeping it straight. I am trying to follow as best I can but there are a whole bunch of things confusing me. In the first place, I will never get why pregnant Lois can't tell her real husband what id going on. Sheesh! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
LOL this is one heck of a mess. I am glad you are at least keeping it straight. I am trying to follow as best I can but there are a whole bunch of things confusing me. In the first place, I will never get why pregnant Lois can't tell her real husband what id going on. Sheesh! More soon. Laura
If canon Lois told canon Clark what was going on, he would want her to come home. And when she accidently visited the future, her future self told her she had to stay the course (stay in alt-world) to have the baby or the curse would still get her.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Eek! He told about Lucy's baby! And what is Lois up to all by herself in Smallville?

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/checks dictionary/ Oh look. There’s an excerpt of your story right there under “big heapin’ pile o’ mess”.

“Clark Kent has his own personal research assistant?” Superman was surprised. He glanced at Lois and she nodded with a roll of her eyes.
He is a very important person. Also, he needed to find a job for his former concubine.

“You know all his secrets, do you?” he asked, curious. “Do you know Kal-El, too?”
laugh /whispers/ You’ve got it Kal-El and Kal El sometimes. Unless it’s always Kal El when Alt-Lois says it?

“Very funny, Clark, very funny.” She wasn’t laughing. “So, I take it you found…”
Uuuuuu…

“No. This really is Kal-El.”

Lucy dropped the phone. He heard her pick it up and her breath and heart rate seemed more rapid, but she didn’t say anything.
DingDingDing!

“Could you tell him that I have what he seeks and to meet me at…”
*G* So he assumes Clark is already looking for his Lois?

“… the Fortress of Solitude?”

Silence.
Awwwwwww

Please, ‘cause you sound just like him. And you know how much I miss him.”
Awwwwwwwww

Clark will be happy to hear that you found her, instead of her husband.”
Yep, Clark’s already flying in circles.

Lucy sighed. “No one knows Clark Kent better than I do. Not even you, Kal-El.”
*G*

You better keep an eye on her. She’s not like your wife; she’s slippery.”
razz

“My wife would never…” Superman’s eyes burned red.
You’re lucky was already preggers.

“Where do you think you are going in my time machine?”
Hehehehehehe and oh boy.

In her yard, rolling around in the snow like two wild animals were her two Supermen
Oh, so he got in there, too. And: “Clark Kents! Get into your corners, now!”

“Both of you in the kitchen. And if either of you track snow into my clean house with your boots…”
goofy

“I can’t believe that you left alone a woman who took your time machine…” Martha turned to alternate Clark. “… without permission, because she got distracted from snooping around your house.”
Hehehehehe

Clark smiled, shaking his hand. “Good luck with her, Clark. She’s a loose cannon.”

Alternate Clark grinned. “That’s what makes her so exciting.”
To each his own. I’m thinking the Alts would stress Ours out in no time if they actually switched partners.

Her son sighed. “So, Clark, Lois was telling me that you’re quite the Lothario.”
?

“She says that you seem close to your assistant, Lucy. Very close.”
Uuuuuuu

She could see everything about to explode.
Oh boy.

“So, you’re not cheating on Lois? Lucy’s baby isn’t yours?”
*G*

No, it’s yours, Kal-El.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Alt-Lois? Filing her nails? Making a Baked Alaska? Checking out her creepy 'memorial' room? cool

Michael: I don't think I own a copy of the slang dictionary. Do you think they pay royalties? laugh

/whispers/ You’ve got it Kal-El and Kal El sometimes. Unless it’s always Kal El when Alt-Lois says it?
I tried to be consistant. Kal El is "Lucy El's" husband. Kal-El is the real deal, son of Jor-El. wink But I may have slipped up every once in a while.

*G* So he assumes Clark is already looking for his Lois?
He knows himself well, doesn't he?

And us readers, we just want to see her finding the Lois-shrine. Also, I forgot to quote those bits from the way-way-early FDK about Clark needing a better security system. Of course, I never expected this scenario.
evil Evil writer at work.

Probably gets all sorts of horrendous imagines in his head now.
If you don't think he'll be able to sleep, think what must be running through alt-Clark's mind.

As in, a month pregnant?
Approximately.

He’s bedding her on a regular basis?
Soon to be revealed by one Goode Dirt Digger.

The UW stuff actually managed to blot out the rest till I saw the next paragraph. And what will Lucy do with the knowledge? What will this mean to her and this dimension? Will she think Out-Lois was Alt-verses UW, too? Which would be correct. Just, she wouldn’t think Lucy was UW. So, it would be all right to kiss Out-Clark, since Out-Lois already kissed Alt-Clark?
You totally lost me. Who is out-Lois? Alt-Lois thinks UW is canon Superman's wife; and if she kissed Superman then it's okay for her (alt-Lois) to kiss UW's husband. Plus, she's still a bit dimensionally challenged.

Be careful what you wish for.
You may have noticed, I like that theme.

They’re just cadets?
Uh... She's Lois Lane?

Talking from experience there, aren’t you?
A bit.

He really is the obsessive-stalker type isn’t he?
I really didn't try to make him so... sigh. But characters are who they are.

Glasshouse. Stones.
Yep. Good thing not green stones.

Isn’t that a particular bad idea?
evil

And you boinked his wife as soon as she was sufficiently drugged.
Yeah! Well, canon Clark doesn't know that!

Oh dear. And how am I supposed to stop there?
And now you know why Martha is drinking at 3 in the afternoon. angel-devil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I tried to be consistant. Kal El is "Lucy El's" husband. Kal-El is the real deal, son of Jor-El. [Wink] But I may have slipped up every once in a while.
I thought a bit more about it. Since Kal-El is reportedly Superman's twin brother to some people, those should probably think "Kal-El" and "Lucy-El" with "Lucy El" being the anglicized version. Those who do not know anything, to them it might even be "Cal El" (Calvin El). To Clark Kents, it probably should always be "Kal-El". And to readers, it's a ginormous headache, trying to put a pattern to it. This is worse than time travel riddles. /got a headache now/

Evil writer at work.
/wags finger/

You totally lost me. Who is out-Lois?
Oops, I lost me too. Can I say it's because it was late when I FDKed?
Fixed version:
And what will Alt-Lois do with the knowledge? What will this mean to her and this dimension? Will she think Our-Lois was Alt-verses UW, too? Which would be correct. Just, she wouldn’t think Lucy was UW. So, it would be all right to kiss Our-Clark, since Our-Lois already kissed Alt-Clark?
Alt-Lois thinks UW is canon Superman's wife; and if she kissed Superman then it's okay for her (alt-Lois) to kiss UW's husband.
Yep.

Plus, she's still a bit dimensionally challenged.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
“I see.” Clark pressed his lips together. “So, you’re not cheating on Lois? Lucy’s baby isn’t yours?”

Alternate Clark didn’t say anything for a moment as a growled at Clark with a glare. Then his attitude changed and he laughed softly to himself. “No, it’s yours, Kal-El.”
Ohhh, hello there, cat, glad to see you got out of the bag!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Ohhh, hello there, cat, glad to see you got out of the bag!
Gee, you think someone is tired of keeping secrets? wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard