Missing Lois - TOC

Author’s Note: The “Lois” in Chapter 5 and 6 refers to alt-Lois. Canon Lois will be called “Lucy” to help lessen the confusion between the two characters.

Story Notes: This story is mostly set in alt-dimension, although visits to the canon dimension do happen from time-to-time.
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted (such as when we are in the canon dimension, then 'Clark' is canon Clark)
- Lucy El = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark, aka Lois's secret identity
- Kal = Lucy El's husband's name, or what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark
- Lois = alt-Lois, wife of Lex Luthor
- Lola Luthor = ‘wife’ of Lex Luthor; alt-Lois, if not referring to Clois (Cloned Lois)
- Mr. Amazing = alt-Lois's nickname for Superman
- Ultra Woman = the costume Lucy/Lois wore to Perry's 'Come as Your Favorite Superhero' party
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lois/Lucy's doctor & roommate
- Martha and Jonathan Kent = canon Clark's parents
- H.G. Wells – famed author – inventor of the Time-Machine – the man who brought canon Lois to alt-Clark
- Lex Luthor = no explanation necessary, same bad guy as always, this time bald
- Junior = Lex Luthor, Jr., Lex's first born son, creator of the Neuroscanner
- Jaxon Xavier = Lex Luthor's son and spy at The Planet, does website design and research for the paper
- Mayson Drake = police detective, partner to Detective (in alt-world) Henderson, also alt-Clark's ex-girlfriend

- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity are alt-Clark, Sam, Moonbeam (alt-Star) and Dr. Klein. Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension. Mayson didn't believe him (thinking instead that Lucy was a con-artist).

What happened in Chapter 5: Part 9...

Upset that Clark had still never returned the stuff he took from her apartment, that Mr. Amazing was good to his word about keeping his distance from her, and that she had been stuck in her apartment for ‘her protection’ (so she wouldn’t get kid-napped by Lex), Lois snuck out to Smallville in early January. She had cut her hair to look like Lucy, stolen Lucy’s clothes and her ID (false that it was) and Clark’s credit card and taken a trip out to the Smallville house to try to get her laptop back. At the house though, she was halted by the presence of the security alarm. She wandered the property and discovered the dimension-hopping time machine hiding under an invisibility tarp in the barn. Lois used this to take a trip to Lucy’s home dimension, without knowing that was where she would end up.

Martha found her and contacted her son Clark, asking Clark to get their unwanted visitor from another dimension back home. When Superman showed up to take Lois back to her own dimension, Lois thought he was her Superman. Shocked by the appearance of the other Lois who obviously had been intimate with the other Superman like his mother had told him, Superman checked to see if indeed this Lois was pregnant and could possibly be the same woman with whom he had made out with back in December. Indeed she was – around a month pregnant.

Superman returned this other Lois to her home dimension and broke into Alt-Clark’s Smallville house so that they could contact him to take custody of her from him.

Where we left off from Part 9

A man answered the phone. “Daily Planet, research.

“I’d like to speak to Clark Kent please,” Superman said keeping an eye on Lois.

She was wandering around looking at the living room. “It’s strange to see everything I couldn’t before.”

He’s out. Can I take a message?” the man replied.

Message? How could he phrase…? “Please, tell him that Kal-El called…”

Lois glanced over at him, listening.

Kal El? The Kal El? I was beginning to think you were a figment of her imagination.

“Whose imagination?”

Your wife’s.

“Pardon?” That threw him. “To whom am I speaking?”

Jaxon Xavier, Research.

Superman’s head exploded. That little computer nerd who had kidnapped Lois? “You stay away from my wife,” he growled and then shook his head. No one in this dimension knew him or his wife. What was he thinking?

Transferring…” the man replied.

“Jaxon Xavier is working at the Daily Planet. What is the world coming to?” he murmured to himself.

“Tell me about it,” Lois piped up. “I can’t go to the newsroom because of that pinhead.”

Hello, Clark Kent’s desk, Lucy speaking,” a woman answered with a lilting Southern type accent.

Part 10

“Lucy, hello. I’m trying to reach Clark Kent on an urgent matter. How would be the best way to contact him?” Superman asked the woman on the phone with the slight Southern accent.

You tell me and I’ll hunt him down. He’ll be mostly out this afternoon, but he does check in with me.

“This is a private matter of some delicacy.”

Clark does not have any secrets from me. I’m his personal research assistant,” Lucy explained.

“Clark Kent has his own personal research assistant?” Superman was surprised. He glanced at Lois and she nodded with a roll of her eyes.

Clark Kent is the best reporter this city has ever seen, since Lois Lane. So yes, he has his own research assistant.” Her response seemed a bit defensive. “So, do you want to leave the message or not?

“You know all his secrets, do you?” he asked, curious. “Do you know Kal-El, too?”

Very well. Probably better than you do.” Lucy was still being defensive. Did this woman have to deal with Superman groupies constantly calling for her boss? He wondered. “What about him?

“I’m Kal-El.”

Very funny, Clark, very funny.” She wasn’t laughing. “So, I take it you found…

“No. This really is Kal-El.”

Lucy dropped the phone. He heard her pick it up and her breath and heart rate seemed more rapid, but she didn’t say anything.

“Lucy, are you still there?”

Uh-huh,” she murmured. He heard her swallow.

“Could you tell him that I have what he seeks and to meet me at…” Clark wracked his brain for a way to keep their location private. He smiled as an idea hit him. “… the Fortress of Solitude?”

Silence.

“Lucy?”

He heard a soft sob. “Clark, this isn’t funny, anymore. Just tell me it’s you playing a joke on me. Please, ‘cause you sound just like him. And you know how much I miss him.

Clark looked at the phone. What was wrong with this woman? “This is really Kal-El. Can you give him the message for me or not?”

Lucy sniffled. “Yes, Kal. I can give him the message.

Her crying was really tugging at his heartstrings. “Are you sure you’re okay, Miss?”

I’m fine. You just sound like my husband, whom I miss very much. Clark will be happy to hear that you found her, instead of her husband.

“How did you…?”

Lucy sighed. “No one knows Clark Kent better than I do. Not even you, Kal-El.

“I beg to differ.” He couldn’t believe this woman.

Lucy chuckled with a slight scoff, “I thought you might. You better keep an eye on her. She’s not like your wife; she’s slippery.” And she hung up.

Superman looked at the receiver and turned around as he hung up. Sure enough, Lois was gone. Two seconds later, he was leading her back down the stairs. “I didn’t break in here so you could sneak around, Lois. Clark will want to talk with you.”

Lois plopped on the couch and rolled her eyes. “Look, technically, I’m not sneaking around. I’ve already spent an entire weekend here. True, I was blind at the time, but that’s beside the point. I like Clark Kent, but I don’t need another lecture. He’s a nice guy, but for some strange reason he and Mr. Amazing think that I need protecting. I’ve been locked up for the last three plus years. I need my freedom.”

“Lex Luthor held you prisoner for over three years?” His heart ached for her.

“Yes.” Lois looked down. “Well, as I reminded you earlier, you rescued me, but Clark told you… him where to find me.”

“And you’re not afraid of Lex?” he asked in surprise. “He abducted our Lois on her wedding day, leaving a clone in her spot. It nearly destroyed Clark.”

“I think he was planning to do something similar to my Clark. Lex figured out that Clark was still looking for me. He set a trap and was going to let him rescue the frog eater… sorry, the clone, instead. But then Lola – the clone – rebelled against Lex and told Clark where he could find me. He sent you… my Superman to free me from my chains…”

“He had you in chains?” asked Superman with horror.

“They were not real, physical chains. I can’t describe it; he got inside my head somehow.” Lois shivered. “He used my senses against me. Anyway, I left out the window with you just as Lex broke into my room.” She sighed. “Who knew a man like you could exist in the world? I thought I must have been dreaming. You took me in your arms and just leapt off the hundred and fifth floor into a cyclone. I thought we were goners. Who knew you could actually fly? It was the most amazing feeling – the wind in my face and hair. I knew at that moment that you were the man who I had been looking for my whole life. You were just… “ She sighed, again, staring at him. “Super.”

“You hadn’t heard of Superman before he showed up to rescue you? When was this? A month ago?”

She nodded. “A week before Christmas. I can hear the skepticism in your voice, in everybody’s voices. I’ve been hearing everybody laugh at me for weeks now. But, no, I didn’t know. I think you’re the reason Lex blinded me. Blind and sequestered for ten months, I had no idea what was going on in the world, that there was even a man like you… or him. All I knew was that Lex was constantly swearing at Clark Kent. I built up this huge demigod fantasy in my head about Clark.” Lois laughed as she thought back. “I imagined Clark Kent had all these super powers. The super power to annoy Lex. The super power to thwart his every plan. The super power to interrupt vital evil machinery. The power to find me where ever I might be.” She sighed and then looked over at Superman. “You’re not going to tell Clark that, are you?”

Superman just stood across the room, staring at her and shaking his head. “I can’t believe how much you’re like Lois.” He was in awe of her.

“I am Lois.” She stood up and walked over to him. “There’s something about you I can’t resist. I know you are mine. Why do you make me feel that way?”

Superman moved away from her. “You’re a married woman, Lois. And I’m…”

“A married man. I heard you tell that little cockroach to stay away from ‘your wife’. And you told me that you don’t date. Cute.” She chuckled. “But there’s something between us. You can feel it, too. I’m beginning to think that you’re half in love with Clark Kent’s Lois Lane.”

He swallowed and zipped across the room. “Clark Kent is in love with Lois Lane. I would never come between them. Their love means that much to me.”

“So…” Lois slowly narrowed the gap between them. “Who is Kal El, Superman?”

Superman cleared his throat. “I am. It’s my Kryptonian name.”

Lois paused. “Where have I heard that name before?” He could see the gears cranking in her mind.

“Obviously this dimension’s Superman has mentioned the name before; everyone at the Daily Planet had heard of me. Jaxon.” He grimaced. “That Lucy woman.”

Lois’s eyes flashed to his. “Lucy.” She grinned a Cheshire Cat sized smile. “Yes, she is an odd sort of woman. I mean, look how she dresses.” She flipped the edge of her baggy shirt.

“She seems a little high strung. Emotional. I’m surprised Clark would trust someone like that with all his secrets.”

He didn’t know how, but Lois’s grin grew larger. “There must be a reason. A good reason. She misses her husband, you know, Kal El.” She walked closer to him.

“I gathered as much.”

“Her husband is some bigwig with a secret hush-hush job, so I’m told, where he negotiates peace between warring factions and other things of the sort. He’s been off on assignment since the summer, so she’s been here working with Clark. They work very closely, I’ve noticed. Very closely. She knows all about him and Superman, too, all about everything in fact. Sometimes, it’s like she can read people and know whether they’re good or bad. He trusts her completely. More than me, of course.” She continued to move closer to him. “Pudgy thing of a woman, who dresses in these horribly baggy clothes and clogs and wears these John Lennon glasses, with no corrective lenses. Sound familiar?” Lois took off the glasses and set them on the shelf.

Superman shook his head. He didn’t know of anyone like that in his dimension.

“How about you, Superman? Do you miss your wife?” Lois was very near him now. “Does she perhaps look something like me?”

This Lois did look a lot like his Lois; he swallowed, stepping back. No wonder he had thought she was his wife a month ago. It wasn’t like this was some ditzy clone. This was Lois, just not his Lois. “Lois, you’re making me uncomfortable.”

“Am I?” She licked her lips. “I just have one last question, Superman,” she murmured, as she was close enough to kiss him. “What’s your relationship to Ultra Woman?”

That was a splash of cold water in his face. “How do you know about her?”

Lois shrugged. “One hears things.” Had his Lois mentioned Ultra Woman to Clark when she was here earlier this year? Why would he mention her to this Lois? It didn’t make sense.

“Did you two used to date? An old girlfriend, perhaps?”

He grinned mysteriously. “You could say that. But I don’t talk about her, especially with investigative reporters such as yourself.”

Lois stepped close to him, again. “How about your wife? Would you speak to your wife about her?”

Superman swallowed. She was really too close and looked too much like his Lois, since she took off those glasses. His thoughts flashed again to the very pregnant Lois he kissed back in December. He had already kissed this Lois. This Lois from the future. Had it really been this Lois and not his wife from the future?

“She knows all about her,” he murmured, trying to move to the side, but Lois had a hand on either side of him. “We don’t have any secrets from one another.”

“Really?” Lois chuckled mischievously as she pushed her body against his. “Is that because she is Ultra Woman?” she asked, pressing her lips to his.

Oh, my goodness. She even kissed like his Lois.

Meanwhile back in Metropolis, Clark stood in his apartment talking to Sam again about his last conversation with his Lois, trying to get an inkling to where she would have disappeared to.

“As I told you, Clark, Lois didn’t confide in me. She’s a master at disguises. She could be anywhere.”

“When did you last see her? This morning?” Clark was trying to figure out just when she had left. She had been at the apartment when he had picked up Lucy for work. She seemed fine. Asked him again about bringing her stuff back. He apologized again. He had meant to bring it the day before, but a plane slid off the runway at Newark Airport. He said he would talk to Superman about bringing it by that night.

“No. Yesterday,” Sam was saying. “She stopped by here to talk.”

“She came here?” Clark asked. He got a bad feeling. A sinking feeling. She had never expressed interest in Clark’s life or Clark’s apartment before. “What did she want to talk about?”

“She wanted to know what I was up to. What happened to me while she was gone? Why I was relying on the kindness of strangers?”

That did not seem like Lois, not his Lois who was totally self-absorbed. He didn’t know if she had always been that way, but three years surrounded by Lex Luthor certainly had rubbed off on her. Well, he didn’t know if he could call it total self absorption. She was obsessed with Superman. She was asking everyone and anyone about him. He didn’t know how many times he wanted to jump in front of her and yell, “Me! Lois, I’m Superman! Don’t you recognize me?” He had never thought the glasses and uniform thing worked, but he was amazed… he winced. He sighed. He missed being her Mr. Amazing.

Clark started looking around his apartment for clues for what Lois really had been doing there. She intrigued him and always kept him guessing. She beguiled him. The only things he found missing in the apartment were the two Daily Whisperer tabloids he had kept in his top dresser drawer. So, she had gone through his drawers. Great. One tabloid was about Superman and Mayson and the other one about Ultra Woman. He had meant to take them to Smallville, but now the Superman-crazed investigator Lois Lane had them.

Perhaps she had gone to do more research on Superman. Where? The library? He cringed; how had she gotten out and about without her police protection? It wouldn’t take her long to discover that everyone knew Clark Kent was really The Man in Blue. That he had kept the truth from her. Lucy had told him not to do this to her, but then Cat and Gareth had forbidden anyone on the Planet staff to reveal anything to Lois about him, especially Clark Kent. It was just cruel, this test they put Lois through to get her job back.

The photos on his dresser had been moved as well. The one of his parents and the one of him and Lois – Lucy at the mayoral debate. He didn’t know how long he would be able to keep Superman away from his Lois. He was actually quite surprised at how easy it had been; just about as easy as it had been to keep Superman away from Lucy when she had first arrived.

He was able to spend time with her as Clark, which eased his pain somewhat, but he missed her. Touching her. Holding her. Showering with her. He sighed. Clark could no longer count the number of times Lucy had kicked him under the table to get him to stop staring at Lois. It wasn’t fair, he loved her. He wanted to put his arms around her and comfort her when everyone at the paper was being mean to her. But she had no interest in Clark Kent at all. She was forced to spend time with him, because he was her roommate Lucy’s best friend.

Oh, great, he was moping again. He needed to go, continue searching for her, and find her before Lex Luthor’s goons did. If they hadn’t found her already.

As he went to bid Sam good-bye, the phone rang.

Clark.” It was Lucy. “It was Kal.” She sniffled. “Really him.

Oh, great, not another Kal moment. “This isn’t the best time to tell me about your life back home, Lucy…”

No, Clark. He called on the telephone.

“He what?” That stunned him. He could only call if…

He’s here.

“Did he recognize you?”

No. I don’t think so, but he did have a message for you. ‘Tell Clark I have what he seeks and to meet him at the Fortress of Solitude.’ Where is that? He stumped me there.

Clark laughed. He hadn’t thought of his old tree house for years. The one place that even Kal’s wife wouldn’t know about.

What’s so funny?” Lucy snapped.

“I can’t believe there is actually something in my life you don’t know about. What would they be doing there? ”

Get him out of here as fast as you can. Who knows what she’s already told him about me?

“Hanging up,” he said, which was the only thing he could say to that comment. He was about to hang up the phone, when she called out to him.

Clark, wait.” Lucy lowered her voice. “Will you please get that you-know-who crazed investigative reporter away from my husband?

He gulped. Lucy was worried. And if she was worried about something that usually meant there was something to worry about. “You don’t think…” he sputtered.

Right, because it was so easy for us.

He hung up the phone and turned to Sam. “Kal has Lois in Smallville. She’s safe.”

“I thought he was on New Krypton stopping a civil war?”

“He’s back. I’ll explain later.”

Two seconds later, he was taking off from his patio.

A heavy snowstorm was starting to blow through the plain states – another reason he hadn’t come to Smallville to get Lois’s stuff. He landed on the front porch of his house and saw that the lights were on inside. Kal and Lois had broken into his house? Was nothing sacred anymore? If she had seen his Lois Lane room… His anger was already starting to boil when he opened the door and saw his Lois and the other Superman pushed up against his wall next to a roaring fire, kissing… kissing… Clark saw red.

“What in the hell do you think you’re doing?” Clark yelled, shaking the house to its foundation. “That’s not your wife, Kal El.”

Lois jumped away from Superman and saw her Superman standing in the doorway, anger shining around on him like an aura. She looked between the two of them and then started to back away.

Superman stood still, his eyes opened wide, staring at Clark.

“You!” Clark yelled pointing out the front door. “Outside.”

Superman flew outside. In a split second, Clark joined him leaving Lois alone in the house.

“She kissed me!” Superman said, moving out into the snow-covered yard.

Clark sped up and bolted onto Superman’s chest, knocking him across the field with a crack like thunder.

Superman was back next to the house in a moment. “I’m not going to fight you,” he said, holding up his hands.

“You’ve known my Lois for a couple of hours before you couldn’t resist each other. I spent two nights under your roof, two nights with your wife. Bet you’re wondering how long we were able to resist each other,” Clark taunted him.

“My wife would never…” Superman’s eyes burned red.

“You were missing, presumably lost for eternity in time. Maybe she came to me for comfort,” Clark said as Superman’s heat vision blasted him on his ‘S’ knocking him back into the trees.

Superman raced to the edge of the forest to wait for him. “Take back what you said about her.”

Clark came blasting through the woods to hit him the chest again. “Maybe you should just ask her.”

Superman stood his ground. “I’ll do that,” he lifted himself into the air and flew towards the old barn.

Clark followed. He stood in the doorway of the barn and watched Kal sit down in his time machine – his emergency transport for Lucy. “Where do you think you are going in my time machine?”

“Superman voice fingerprint authorized.”

“Home.” Kal pushed a few buttons and then pulled the lever. Then the time machine disappeared.

Martha was about half-way through her glass of red wine when she heard what sounded like thunder and then a crash. She grabbed her coat and ran out the kitchen door. In her yard, rolling around in the snow like two wild animals were her two Supermen.

She put her fingers to her lips and blew an extremely loud whistle. Both men froze and turned to her. “Time out!” she yelled. “Both of you in the kitchen. And if either of you track snow into my clean house with your boots…”

Her son came quietly with hunched shoulders, while the other Clark who still had anger in his eyes, kindly kissed her cheek and whispered, “Hi, Mom.”

Her son turned to him. “She’s not your Mom,” he growled.

“Clark!” Martha scolded him then she turned to alternate Clark. “Hi, Clark. Nice to see you.”

She followed the men inside and threw her coat on a hook just inside, after shutting the door.

“Mom, Clark…”

“Uh-uh.” She waved a finger at both men. Her son stood arms crossed at one side of the kitchen while the other Clark sat at the table. “I don’t know what set you boys off. But you are too old to be fighting like a couple of seven year olds. Here are the ground rules. There will be no using super powers in my house. Do you boys understand?”

“Yes, Ma’am,” they answered in unison, shoulders slumped.

“Now, I want you to apologize. Clark,” she turned to her son. “Starting with you.”

“Mom,” he started to whine.

“Clark Kent!”

He growled, then stated. “I’m sorry I didn’t stop his Lois from kissing me.”

“Clark!” Martha gasped at her son.

“And for breaking into my house and for trying to steal my time machine,” the other Clark added, acidly.

“Clark Jerome Kent, what has gotten into you? None of that sounds like the boy I raised.”

Clark bent his head, ashamed.

The alternate Clark grinned at her scolding.

Martha turned to him. “Wipe that smirk off your face. Your turn.”

“I didn’t…” the other Clark stated as her son took a few steps toward him with fire in his eyes.

“You didn’t, did you? My son doesn’t lose his temper at the drop of a hat, so spill it.”

The alternate Clark lowered his head. “I’m sorry I insinuated that I had slept with your wife while you were lost in time.”

“Clark! That’s awful.” She took a closer look at him. Something about that apology seemed off. It was too specific. He glanced up at her and then looked away. Her heart sank. Oh, that wasn’t good. She picked up her glass of wine and took another drink.

“Mom, what are you doing drinking wine at three o’clock in the afternoon?” her son asked.

“It’s been a stressful day,” she muttered.

He took the glass away from her and poured it down the sink, then knelt down beside her. “Mom, have you been stressed out a lot lately?”

Martha glanced at alternate Clark catching his eye, then turned back to her son.

“Dad’s been worried,” continued her son. “He said something about catching you drinking alone before Thanksgiving as well.”

Martha hugged her son and then stole a glance at alternative Clark. “I’ve been worried about you, sweetie. And Lois. It’s been a crazy year.”

“I’m sorry, Mom. I promise to be in touch better in this year.”

“Thank you, Clark.” She pulled out of his embrace. “Now, I only have one question for you boys. Where’s Lois?”

Alternative Clark gasped as Clark said, “Ah, we left her back at Clark’s house.” He smiled sheepishly.

“I can’t believe that you left alone a woman who took your time machine…” Martha turned to alternate Clark. “… without permission, because she got distracted from snooping around your house.”

The other Clark swallowed. “She came here? Great.” Sarcasm dripped from his final word.

“How about we do a better job of hiding the time machine this time, Clark,” she suggested to him. “We don’t need any more unexpected visitors.”

He nodded and then stood up, holding out his hand to Martha’s son, “Thanks for bringing her back safely.”

Clark smiled, shaking his hand. “Good luck with her, Clark. She’s a loose cannon.”

Alternate Clark grinned. “That’s what makes her so exciting.”

Martha turned and gave her son a pointed look and then moved her eyes to the other Clark.

Her son sighed. “So, Clark, Lois was telling me that you’re quite the Lothario.”

Martha rolled her eyes. Wrong topic, son.

“What, me?” The other Clark laughed. “Hardly.”

“She says that you seem close to your assistant, Lucy. Very close.”

Alternate Clark swallowed. “We’re just good friends. That’s all.” He glanced at Martha.

“How come this Lucy woman thinks she knows more about me than I do?” Clark asked, arms crossed.

“Huh?”

“Kal-El? Why have you been throwing around my name…”

“Our name,” the other Clark corrected. “And I haven’t been throwing it around. I let Lucy borrow it.”

Clark raised an eyebrow at that. Martha covered her face with her hands. She could see everything about to explode.

“Want to explain that one to me?”

The other Clark looked at him as if he really didn’t want to explain, but Clark wasn’t one to lose a stare down contest.

“My friend Lucy came to me last summer needing a safe place to hide for a while. So, we created this secret identity for her as my old college friend, Lucy El, wife of Kal El. I got her a job as my research assistant at the paper and put her up in my Lois’s old apartment, which the paper was still paying for. It was only supposed to be temporary, while her fiancé was out on assignment, a couple of months tops.”

“Why did she need a safe place to hide? Why come to you?” Clark asked, his arms still crossed.

The other Clark cleared his throat with a pleading glance at Martha. She threw up her hands and shook her head, so he continued, “She’s pregnant and needs protection.”

Martha cringed in anticipation to her son’s reaction.

“Super protection?”

“Super enemies.” The other Clark smiled, weakly. “Her fiancé is the type of guy who criminals love to hate. He’s a close friend of mine and I would do anything to protect his wife.”

“Fiancée, you mean.”

“They’ve gotten married since. It’s complicated.” The alternate Clark clenched his teeth.

“I see.” Clark pressed his lips together. “So, you’re not cheating on Lois? Lucy’s baby isn’t yours?”

Alternate Clark didn’t say anything for a moment as a growled at Clark with a glare. Then his attitude changed and he laughed softly to himself. “No, it’s yours, Kal-El.”

Martha’s eyes went large and then she buried her head in her hands again.

[b[*** End of Part 10 ***[/b]

Comments

Chapter 5: Part 11

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:46 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.